UW @ Arizona Discussion Thread

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Merkin

Re: UW @ Arizona Discussion Thread

Post by Merkin »

Newportcat wrote: 6. Kicker is great but the rest of special teams is still a disaster
He sure had some great punts. How many other dual kicker/punters are on a Power 5 team?
OSUCat

Post by OSUCat »

Merkin wrote:
Newportcat wrote: 6. Kicker is great but the rest of special teams is still a disaster
He sure had some great punts. How many other dual kicker/punters are on a Power 5 team?
I think Michigan has 1.
Formerly Lynx Rufus.
Purplehaze206

Post by Purplehaze206 »

I agree about disappointment and the game being a mess, total dumpster fire.
card4evermore wrote:
I'd feel better about our chances if Romar was coaching the Dawgs.
DaddyO'Cat

Post by DaddyO'Cat »

http://tucson.com/sports/greghansen/han ... e98da.html" target="_blank. .... I know some of y'all don't like Hansen & I'm beginning to thin Hansen & Right of aren't the best of buds to put it mildly & personally I'm ambivalent about him with maybe a hint of distaste. I'm aware of his history with Olson & so on. But I was wondering what y'all think about this article here on the decisions made in the UW game. Hindsight is always20/20 but The way the Cats are built this year & the way I see it, they only have a puncher chance vs mid to good power 5 teams. So I think he should have called for the field goal & then went for 2 at the end. I would not have 2nd guessed him on that because we just can't sustain a long drawn out battle with the personnel we have. Also some of the play calling doesn't seem to match what we have on O sometimes meaning like up the middle with someone who not a power back ... Now granted I haven't seen a single play this year. Computer broke & haven't had a tv in years. So ... Just getting a feel by reading. Hope y'all are having a good day. Go Cats.
DaddyO'Cat

Post by DaddyO'Cat »

Sorry y'all ... Typing from a tablet & the fricking thing changes my words worse than spell check does. Drives me insane. Shoulda checked it before I hit submit but I think y'all will get the gist of it.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Hansen is an idiot. He gave the cats no chance (like most of us) and predicted a score of 37-23 and when we lost an opportunity he starts throwing darts at people, namely RR
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
DaddyO'Cat

Post by DaddyO'Cat »

azcat49 wrote:Hansen is an idiot. He gave the cats no chance (like most of us) and predicted a score of 37-23 and when we lost an opportunity he starts throwing darts at people, namely RR
Yeah the Cats did way better than I thought they would & I tried to say (with typos) that I thought Hansen & RR don't get along, but it seems like RR nitpicks the D when he put the new staff in the hole they're in by sticking with his "retired while collecting a paycheck" buddies & making several bad calls on O & never acknowledging it.
TyrantCat

Post by TyrantCat »

Washington just pounded Stanford. Maybe the Cats loss to the Huskies won't look so bad as the season progresses? We shall see.
Sid

Post by Sid »

azcat49 wrote:Hansen is an idiot. He gave the cats no chance (like most of us) and predicted a score of 37-23 and when we lost an opportunity he starts throwing darts at people, namely RR
Hansen ate paste as a young child.

BTFD
tgrumpy2

Post by tgrumpy2 »

I agree, Hansen is a dweeb and a shit pot stirrer. The only think he knows about football is what his editor tells him. Yea he plays sort of a nonstop dart game and RR seems to be his target of choice. I'm not sure where all of that started or why.