23 J.J. Taylor

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

PieceOfMeat

Re: 23 J.J. Taylor

Post by PieceOfMeat »

BMalo wrote:Posted in wrong thread.

JJ out w a broken ankle per RR in post game presser

JJ we hardly knew you, but what we knew, we sure as hell liked.

Here's hoping he comes back as good as ever next year.
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

azgreg

Post by azgreg »

http://www.athleticscholarships.net/201 ... dshirt.htm" target="_blank
Medical Hardship Requirements

To be eligible for a medical hardship waiver, a student-athlete has to meet the following criteria:

The student-athlete must suffer the injury during one of their four seasons of college competition or during the senior year of high school.
The injury must be incapacitating. That means it must be a season-ending injury.
The injury must occur prior to the start of the second half of the season.
The student-athlete must not have competed in more than 30% of the season or three contests, whichever is greater.

All of these must be proven with documentation. That means medical documentation to prove the injury and that it was season-ending and participation information to show that the student-athlete did not play in too many contests.
Did JJ play in all four games?
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

he had no statistics vs. grambling so i don't think so.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Purplehaze206

Post by Purplehaze206 »

Try to watch it again as a neutral observer, the play was not dirty but simply big guys falling on a little guy.
card4evermore wrote:
I'd feel better about our chances if Romar was coaching the Dawgs.
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

JJ played the entire game against the Bows and half of the game against the Mutts. I'd say he's good for the Med RS.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Purplehaze206 wrote:Try to watch it again as a neutral observer, the play was not dirty but simply big guys falling on a little guy.
Well after the play was over...
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
UALoco

Post by UALoco »

Game will replay on P12 network Tuesday night...I'll rewatch and let you know....it looked excessive from the stands but they don't show injury replays in the stadium.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

My biggest issue was with the whistle. Progress had been stopped and the whistle came late. Hard to blame the Huskie players as they were playing through the whistle. Just a tough break for sure

On a couple of other points though. Our Husky fanatic told us all about how Jake Browning was the best player on the field bar none.....pffftttt, try again. Not sure he was better than Dawkins

Taylor might have been the best RB given his 97 in 19 carries and who knows if he would hav got off late like he did the previous week. Too bad we will wait to have to see him again until next year
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
Purplehaze206

Post by Purplehaze206 »

azcat49 wrote:My biggest issue was with the whistle. Progress had been stopped and the whistle came late. Hard to blame the Huskie players as they were playing through the whistle. Just a tough break for sure

On a couple of other points though. Our Husky fanatic told us all about how Jake Browning was the best player on the field bar none.....pffftttt, try again. Not sure he was better than Dawkins

Taylor might have been the best RB given his 97 in 19 carries and who knows if he would hav got off late like he did the previous week. Too bad we will wait to have to see him again until next year
Labron Coleman surprised the hell out of me. Dude was slow as hell last year, like running in wet cement slow, but went off for something like 14-187? Crazy.
card4evermore wrote:
I'd feel better about our chances if Romar was coaching the Dawgs.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Well Taylor didn't play all 4 quarters so who knows how many yards he may have had. We don't have a rotation of 8 defensive lineman and we don't have 3 NFL guys in that rotation but whatever, keep smoking that good sh*t that grow in Washington
Last edited by azcat49 on Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
RazorsEdgeAZ

Post by RazorsEdgeAZ »

RR was asked if he thought was a late whistle on JJ Taylor injury play. RR said at the time he thought maybe, but ended up saying it was just bad luck.

Obviously bad luck but also think Physics plays a role. just not sure JJ Taylor could be expected to be an "every" down RB in pac12 and not have increased odds of getting injured with his size. Having a major role, sure. Same with Nick Wilson, but Wilson a bit bigger. Kadeem obviously did great. He buffed up to 207lbs in his 2nd year under RR.

Samajie Grant and Nate Phillips have had their periodic injuries as well at similar size even at WR. Just think the tweeners that fits RR's philosophy a factor in number of injuries in a power five league (Physics). Nothing wrong with that. Just would expect there to be more injuries due to size matchups with mostly bigger teams. Speed, undersize sometimes meets speed at bigger size.

RR has told the media before that he's never had some many injuries at one position or during a season or to key players like he did last year. It started becoming a discussion point his 3rd year at Michigan (with more of His recruits) where mounting injuries becoming a topic with the media.

RR teams have had plenty of QB and RB injuries over the years. Part of the deal historically.
Catstatic

Post by Catstatic »

Has RR ever platooned running backs? Watching Kadeem run the ball 40+ times in a game had me shaking my head. I don't care how young and in shape you are. The human body is not made for that kind of punishment. Thought the same with Wilson. Here's hoping Green gets to see a lot of PT once Wilson returns. If not, I do not believe Wilson will last. Taylor splitting time with him would have been something to see.

Go Cats!!
UALoco

Post by UALoco »

Consistently sending JJ "up the middle" defies all logic to me. Sure, he is short and can be lost behind the O-line but his real skills are in the open field. He should have been given the ball out in the perimeter where he could use his speed and shiftiness to lose defenders. I can't help to blame the coaching staff for their stubborn mentality of not adjusting their plans to suit the player or situation. It partially cost us the win because we ran JJ up the the middle during the 4th and goal opportunity that resulted in the turnover on downs.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

UALoco wrote:Consistently sending JJ "up the middle" defies all logic to me. Sure, he is short and can be lost behind the O-line but his real skills are in the open field. He should have been given the ball out in the perimeter where he could use his speed and shiftiness to lose defenders. I can't help to blame the coaching staff for their stubborn mentality of not adjusting their plans to suit the player or situation. It partially cost us the win because we ran JJ up the the middle during the 4th and goal opportunity that resulted in the turnover on downs.
As soon as I saw him lined up in the backfield I knew we were doomed on that play. He's not pushing a pile of leaves let alone a bunch of 300lb linemen. And that's nothing against the kid. He looks strong. But he's not going to get the leverage to push his way into the end zone. Play to your players' strengths...
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
azgreg

Post by azgreg »