USC vs Arizona Discussion

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

scumdevils86

USC vs Arizona Discussion

Post by scumdevils86 »

Not trying to get ahead of myself too much but I just saw where the game is going to be at 12:30 pm on Fox. I guess at least there's a game before 10-11 pm for the east coasters...

Should be about 85 and sunny at kickoff.
dirtbags

Re: USC vs Arizona Discussion

Post by dirtbags »

wow - thanks for the heads up!

looks like the game will be on network fox, and during family (and red-blue) weekend, too. that's cool.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Hopefully SC will be in a tailspin after getting beat down by the Buffs.

Still imagine the SC OL and DL will manhandle the Cats pretty easily, especially the 2nd half when the Cats being smaller wears down.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

must not be much else for fox to air if they have to air a 2-4 arizona hosting a 3-3 or 2-4 usc.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
UALoco

Post by UALoco »

Will be an interesting storyline if KT starts against USC.
FightWildcatsFight

Post by FightWildcatsFight »

scumdevils86 wrote:the game is going to be at 12:30 pm

Gross.
dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

FightWildcatsFight wrote:
scumdevils86 wrote:the game is going to be at 12:30 pm

Gross.
looks like it's going to be a bit warmer than that. dunno if sc will notice, though, they've been practicing & playing through some brutal heat this season.
azpenguin

Post by azpenguin »

If the Zoo gets moved to the SEZ, this will be the game that sealed its fate. The rest of the stadium was just about a sellout and the zoo was half full at best... and that's the part that's on TV most of the time.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

azpenguin wrote:If the Zoo gets moved to the SEZ, this will be the game that sealed its fate. The rest of the stadium was just about a sellout and the zoo was half full at best... and that's the part that's on TV most of the time.
This post has to be a joke...right? Right? It was far more than half full at start. Once things went bad it emptied along with everywhere else. It was 93 degrees and it's family weekend so everyone bailed the game to do other activities. Once again falsely blaming the most loyal and consistent segment of the fan base is rather...strange.

scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

At kickoff the nez and sez were both less than half full. But nice try
cats101

Post by cats101 »

Loyal and consistent? The Zoo has been average to terrible all year. In fact, the entire section has been average to terrible since RR arrived. The UW game was more embarrassing considering it was a night game.

They get prime seats and they're dirt cheap. Paid for by mommy and daddy and still don't show up. As someone who's been out the section for 3 years now, you see things different when you have bills, mortgages, and car notes ect. Difference is, I still manage to go witness a crappy product on the field.

Good God this team is awful. Worse than any Mike Stoops teams Imo (2011 included).
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

cats101 wrote:Loyal and consistent? The Zoo has been average to terrible all year. In fact, the entire section has been average to terrible since RR arrived. The UW game was more embarrassing considering it was a night game.

They get prime seats and they're dirt cheap. Paid for by mommy and daddy and still don't show up. As someone who's been out the section for 3 years now, you see things different when you have bills, mortgages, and car notes ect. Difference is, I still manage to go witness a crappy product on the field.

Good God this team is awful. Worse than any Mike Stoops teams Imo (2011 included).
The student section is the most consistent and loyal part of the fan base. Always has been, and always will be.

azgreg

Post by azgreg »

cats101

Post by cats101 »

ASUHATER! wrote:
cats101 wrote:Loyal and consistent? The Zoo has been average to terrible all year. In fact, the entire section has been average to terrible since RR arrived. The UW game was more embarrassing considering it was a night game.

The student section is the most consistent and loyal part of the fan base. Always has been, and always will be.
I'm sorry I don't agree. Most just want to be seen
VegasCatFan

Post by VegasCatFan »

scumdevils86 wrote:At kickoff the nez and sez were both less than half full. But nice try
The SEZ was actually pretty full. They were in the shade because of the scoreboard so it filled up. The NEZ wasn't full, but there were more people there than I thought would be since they were in direct sunlight. The Zoo filled up their center section, and parts of the sections next to the center, and that was about it. They had a lot that crowded into the corner by the band since it was in the shade, but overall it was about 1/3 full. Even the upper deck looked pretty full except for the area right in front of the USC band.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

ASUHATER! wrote:

You say this with such confidence...
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
UALoco

Post by UALoco »

I don't blame anyone for getting out of that sun. It was hot and the product of the field didn't give anyone reason to stick around. That said, I was on the West side and we had a lot of students there sitting with their families since it was family weekend and they wouldn't have to risk heat stroke. I don't think we need the entire endzone to endzone section reserved for students, maybe a few sections and then reserve sections in the rafters for the overflow. It is also nice to have the students right behind the team cheering them on.

My biggest problem are the non-student fans who are sitting on their fat a$$ess when we have the opposition in the 3rd and long situation and the team is still in it, like in the first quarter.