RockyRaccoon

Did UW copy UA's OKG thing?

Post by RockyRaccoon »

lol

It's on the team website front page.

http://www.gohuskies.com/SportSelect.dbml?SPID=126613
I...drink...your...MILKSHAKE!

"I'm better at life than you." -RockyRaccoon/Richard Sherman

"Those that don't understand the importance of great coaching, don't understand the game." -RR

"WATCH THE GAMES" -RR
RondaeShimmy

Re: Did UW copy UA's OKG thing?

Post by RondaeShimmy »

Apparently the opposite, he had it at Boise St.

http://blogs.idahostatesman.com/boise-s ... t-arizona/
Boise State football coach Chris Petersen’s recruiting philosophy showed up Wednesday at Arizona — in a big, splashy way.

Petersen and his staff have called their recruits OKGs — “Our Kinda Guy” — since he became the head coach in 2006. The label reflects the program’s philosophy of recruiting players who fit on and off the field, with an emphasis on character, personality and competitiveness.

On Wednesday, Arizona coach Rich Rodriguez talked about his OKG philosophy. In fact, the Wildcats announced their signings on Twitter with the hashtag #AZOKGDAY.

OKGs were the talk of the day in Tucson — here are stories from the Arizona Daily Star and Fox Sports Arizona.

Rodriguez was asked yesterday about how the OKG label became part of his program. Here is what he said:

“I don’t remember. Matt Dudek, who has done a really good job as our on-campus recruiting guy, talked about, ‘How do we describe what we want to do going forward in our recruiting process? What kind of catchphrase can we have?’ I said, there are a lot of people who rank these guys — and they do a really good job for the most part — but some guys who rank them maybe never even saw the kids play. They could be sitting in their pajamas in their basement drooling on themselves, saying, ‘Oh, let’s give this guy five stars’ and never watched film. Even though you look at that and it’s fun to compare, we like to say we’re going to do our own evaluation and get our kinda guy. This class and going forward is going to be Our Kinda Guys.”

That could get awkward when Boise State and Arizona inevitably recruit against each other.
Now Washington & Arizona instead
RazorsEdgeAZ

Post by RazorsEdgeAZ »

Some dispute with this...

Petersen used at Boise St. Claims since 2006. Rich Rod claims he's used since 2001 WVU. Petersen disputes that ...

Dennis Dodd:
OKG is acronym for Our Kinda Guys -- a unifying term Wildcats coach Rich Rodriguez has used since 2001. Boise State and Chris Petersen dispute the origin, but let them have their own signing day show with a ball-of-recruiting fire ready to go Monte Hall on your sorry behind.
http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootbal ... igning-day
Reydituto

Post by Reydituto »

Petersen is not My Kinda Guy, so he can go fuck himself ...
But in my book, you gotta get to White Castle before the weirdos show up!
Tonight he gets Happy-Go-Jackie on the big white guy like a donkey eating a waffle!
Sweet Sassy Molassey, get out the checkbook and pay Grandma for the rubdown!
boat343

Post by boat343 »

Reydituto wrote:Petersen is not My Kinda Guy, so he can go fuck himself ...
^^^^This! Haha! Yes!
illcat

Post by illcat »

Reydituto wrote:Petersen is not My Kinda Guy, so he can go fuck himself ...
:lol: :lol:
Chris Peterson is a punk ass bi***!!
I mean I am not complaining but it must suck for good ugly girls.
--Officer Craig

You'll forgive DW99, he's used to the methed-out slores in Tempe ...
--Reydituto
splitsecond

Post by splitsecond »

The good news is RichRod isn't asking recruits to get their thetan levels checked prior to signing
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

RazorsEdgeAZ wrote:Some dispute with this...

Petersen used at Boise St. Claims since 2006. Rich Rod claims he's used since 2001 WVU. Petersen disputes that ...

Dennis Dodd:
OKG is acronym for Our Kinda Guys -- a unifying term Wildcats coach Rich Rodriguez has used since 2001. Boise State and Chris Petersen dispute the origin, but let them have their own signing day show with a ball-of-recruiting fire ready to go Monte Hall on your sorry behind.
http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootbal ... igning-day
Unless the direct quote attributed to Rich Rod earlier in the thread was completely fabricated, then it seems pretty clear he never used the term before he came to UA, which is the first place he had Dudek on his staff. So the "Petersen copied us" crowd can chill...

Bottom line, who f***ing cares? I care more about the kids we get in the program than what acronyms we apply to them...