Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

cordera89

The Arizona Wildcats are checking every box on the Program C

Post by cordera89 »

Merkin

Re: The Arizona Wildcats are checking every box on the Progr

Post by Merkin »

Very good read.

Glad they didn't mention no Rose Bowl appearances in the PAC era.

Kind of curious why they think Oregon will dominate UA.
Last edited by Merkin on Wed May 24, 2017 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

51% of the games are a toss up? Sure wish we had a QB that could throw consistently and a defense that could stop somebody in those close games. Hopefully it is an enjoyable season but without a doubt it will be an interesting one.

Let the countdown start!
Last edited by azcat49 on Wed May 24, 2017 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
ANGCatFan

Post by ANGCatFan »

azcat49 wrote:Let the countdown start!
Patience grasshopper. 2 days to go.

Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

Awesome news Ang. Glad to know you're getting ready to kick it off.

On another note, when I reflect, I just can't believe we are in this state with our defense. Our top 5 linebackers are gone from last year? And, if I'm recalling correctly, all of our LB's this year are underclassmen? And no scholarship returning DL's?

Hard to believe. Looks like year 5 in row of our D getting boat raced almost every game.

You know, in Three and Out, there's a part where Michigan's D couldn't stop anyone either and RR is just fuming and kicking things after a loss in which the D needed one or two stops to win the game. Seems like he might've realized by now that you need defensive guys as well as offensive guys.

I like the guy, but this is all on him now. He's made some bad mistakes like interviewing with other programs after making promises here. Well, no more excuses. We need to win THIS year. I sure wouldn't be happy with 6-6, but I think that should be the make or break number.
2020 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2018 BEARDOWN WILDCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
2017 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2013 GOAZCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

I wonder if the defense"improving" to 105th has to do more with less passing and more running keeping the ball longer therefore less time to have that awful D on the field. Although Yates is a big improvement over Casteel, but you still need bodies.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

ANGCatFan wrote:
azcat49 wrote:Let the countdown start!
Patience grasshopper. 2 days to go.
ImageImage
tgrumpy2

Post by tgrumpy2 »

carcassdragger wrote:Awesome news Ang. Glad to know you're getting ready to kick it off.

On another note, when I reflect, I just can't believe we are in this state with our defense. Our top 5 linebackers are gone from last year? And, if I'm recalling correctly, all of our LB's this year are underclassmen? And no scholarship returning DL's?

Hard to believe. Looks like year 5 in row of our D getting boat raced almost every game.

You know, in Three and Out, there's a part where Michigan's D couldn't stop anyone either and RR is just fuming and kicking things after a loss in which the D needed one or two stops to win the game. Seems like he might've realized by now that you need defensive guys as well as offensive guys.

I like the guy, but this is all on him now. He's made some bad mistakes like interviewing with other programs after making promises here. Well, no more excuses. We need to win THIS year. I sure wouldn't be happy with 6-6, but I think that should be the make or break number.

I'm a bit miffed about the state of the defense as well but what's funny to me is when those linebackers and scholarship DL were here, everyone pissed and moaned about how bad they were and they were right. Well now they're gone and people are pissing and moaning that they're gone. Isn't Luca Bruno back next year? He's a scholarship DL.
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

tgrumpy2 wrote:
carcassdragger wrote:Awesome news Ang. Glad to know you're getting ready to kick it off.

I'm a bit miffed about the state of the defense as well but what's funny to me is when those linebackers and scholarship DL were here, everyone pissed and moaned about how bad they were and they were right. Well now they're gone and people are pissing and moaning that they're gone. Isn't Luca Bruno back next year? He's a scholarship DL.
Well the scholarship DL we have are Bruno(SR), Banda(SR), Griffin(JR), Tharpe Jr(JR), Nelson(RS FR), Connolly(RS Soph) and Belknap( RS Soph) and the four FR in My King Johnson, Jalen Harris, Anthony Pandy and Kurtis Brown plus the two JC in Taufahema and Boles don't forget Noah Jefferson transfer from USC as well.

The Scholarship DL we lost are Cloy Jr and Holt from Medical retirement, We lost Calvin Allen and Jalen Cochran to transfers and Sani Fuimano and Aiulua Fanene to graduated.

That should answer your question.
Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

GREAT reply Cordie! Thanks and I stand corrected.
2020 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2018 BEARDOWN WILDCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
2017 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2013 GOAZCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

cordera89 wrote:
Well the scholarship DL we have are Bruno(SR), Banda(SR), Griffin(JR), Tharpe Jr(JR), Nelson(RS FR), Connolly(RS Soph) and Belknap( RS Soph) and the four FR in My King Johnson, Jalen Harris, Anthony Pandy and Kurtis Brown plus the two JC in Taufahema and Boles don't forget Noah Jefferson transfer from USC as well.

The Scholarship DL we lost are Cloy Jr and Holt from Medical retirement, We lost Calvin Allen and Jalen Cochran to transfers and Sani Fuimano and Aiulua Fanene to graduated.

That should answer your question.
Who are you and what did you do with the real cordera89?

Anyway, nice post!
ALASKACAT

Post by ALASKACAT »

I agree on last 2 replies: Good post cordera!
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Nice read. Good find, cordy. Thanks.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy