Arizona Uniform Combo Tracker

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

pc in NM

Re: Arizona Uniform Combo Tracker

Post by pc in NM »

I thought the deep red numbers on dark blue jerseies was strategically designed to make the players as anonmyous as possible...

... and they were effective in that regard.

Ugliest Arizona uniforms I've ever seen....
“If you have the choice between humble and cocky, go with cocky. There's always time to be humble later, once you've been proven horrendously, irrevocably wrong.”

― Kinky Friedman
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

You mean the school color numbers on the school color jerseys? I swear half this board forgets what our colors are
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

ASUHATER! wrote:You mean the school color numbers on the school color jerseys? I swear half this board forgets what our colors are
Name them.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Cardinal and Navy. Which is exactly what our uniforms are.

Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

ASUHATER! wrote:You mean the school color numbers on the school color jerseys? I swear half this board forgets what our colors are
What is it with you and school colors? We use white too, and most of the people here who don't like the numbers would want an outline with white outline/color number or color outline/white number.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
What is it with you and school colors? We use white too, and most of the people here who don't like the numbers would want an outline with white outline/color number or color outline/white number.
I'm not the one with the issue. It's the people who have aneurysms on this board whenever the word "uniform" is mentioned. Gotta chill out.

Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

ASUHATER! wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:
I'm not the one with the issue. It's the people who have aneurysms on this board whenever the word "uniform" is mentioned. Gotta chill out.
Just thinking our uniforms are ugly (I thought we upgraded from ugly to blah with the recent update) is just an opinion.

But I still don't get why you love school colors but object to what most people want, which is added white. It's not like white isn't a school color.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

ASUHATER! wrote:Cardinal and Navy. Which is exactly what our uniforms are.
Not the colors. The names of half the posters who have forgotten the school colors.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

According to the university's official colors, logos and trademark info white is not a school color.

azgreg

Post by azgreg »

ASUHATER! wrote:According to the university's official colors, logos and trademark info white is not a school color.
You claimed half the board forgot what our colors are. Name the posters who have forgotten the school colors.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

ASUHATER! wrote:According to the university's official colors, logos and trademark info white is not a school color.
Well, I've spotted a massive issue with our road uniforms. They are almost solely composed of a NON-OFFICIAL COLOR!
BearDown89

Post by BearDown89 »

ASUHATER! wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:
You're such a worthless poster. You bring nothing to the discussion but hostility. Ever. Even your stupid handle tries too hard, but really just highlights our rival over and over with your incessant keyboard sharting.

Nobody is confused about the school colors. At all. The discussion is about design - a topic many are interested in. If your simple fucking mind can't deal with that, stay out of the thread.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

BearDown89 wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:
You're such a worthless poster. You bring nothing to the discussion but hostility. Ever. Even your stupid handle tries too hard, but really just highlights our rival over and over with your incessant keyboard sharting.

Nobody is confused about the school colors. At all. The discussion is about design - a topic many are interested in. If your simple fucking mind can't deal with that, stay out of the thread.
No personal attacks please. Your bad posts and hostility bring nothing to this. If you can handle somebody disagreeing with your opinion maybe you should stay out of the thread

BearDown89

Post by BearDown89 »

ASUHATER! wrote:
BearDown89 wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:

No personal attacks please. Your bad posts and hostility bring nothing to this. If you can handle somebody disagreeing with your opinion maybe you should stay out of the thread
FO.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

So where is the list of posters who forgot the colors?
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

The numbers, wothout any outline, are virtually invisible, except up close....
“If you have the choice between humble and cocky, go with cocky. There's always time to be humble later, once you've been proven horrendously, irrevocably wrong.”

― Kinky Friedman
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Green and silver.

Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Merkin wrote:Green and silver.

That is white, and it is not a school color.

Edit: In fact, there appears to be black, gray and possibly even sepia in there as well, you heathen.
azpenguin

Post by azpenguin »

I really dig this.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Agree. Think it looks sharp.
BearDown89

Post by BearDown89 »

Agreed. Good contrast and pop.
Footballjunkie

Post by Footballjunkie »

The white white white last night looked sharp but I'm not motivated to buy an "Away" jersey for my main weekend attire. ;)

Speaking of which, how are football jersey sales going?
Anyone know? Better design = Better Sales.

As an "Old Timer" alum, I haven't been motivated to buy the latest Jersey's with the Red, with no white piping, on Blue that has been out lately. Would it have been that hard to make the numerals white on home jerseys? Too Dark!!

The last jersey's that I kinda liked were the gradients, which everybody hated including the NCAA.

And don't forget to make the logo BIGGER!
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

I saw a red jersey at the bookstore. Looked pretty sharp in person.

The cut seems really tight, too. I was thinking of a XL for my kid, he's usually a L.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Hope they debut those new matte blue lids this week.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

azgreg wrote:Hope they debut those new matte blue lids this week.
Probably the only good addition to our new uniform set.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Well I must be imagining the white in all of our logos then. We obviously have never used white in any uniform set ever.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

ChooChooCat wrote:
Well I must be imagining the white in all of our logos then. We obviously have never used white in any uniform set ever.
Just because a school uses white it doesn't mean it's an official school color. It is kind of necessary when making away uniforms. I'm not making this shit up, it's publicly available in the university's trademark information.

PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Was hoping to find the list of people who forgot the school colors here.

I am starting to think it will never be produced.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Don't think anyone got them right. Straight from UA licensing:

http://licensing.arizona.edu/sites/lice ... 2_2013.pdf" target="_blank

pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

Here's what I'm talking about - Arizona's football uniforms are specifically mentioned....
NCAA uniform numbers getting harder to read, causing problems

New jersey designs have created an unintended problem for referees, media members and fans -- difficult-to-read player numbers.

There’s a saying in sports: “You can’t tell the players without a scorecard.” With the uniforms being worn by some NCAA teams these days, you can’t tell the players even with a scorecard.

College sports’ never-ending uniform craze has included a number of jerseys with unreadable numbers, which have in turn created competitive concerns. It’s a small but increasing minority of schools with numbers on their jerseys that are tough to read. In the grand scheme of NCAA problems these days, this one hardly rises to the top.

But there are enough concerns being raised about deciphering jersey numbers that the NCAA is taking efforts to clean up what’s apparently becoming a gamesmanship issue. Some coaches want the confusion to gain an edge so future opponents have trouble scouting their team.

“It’s been a growing concern over the last 10 years or so, just the number of different types of uniforms we see across all sports,” said Ty Halpin, NCAA associate director for playing rules and officiating. “In many ways it’s been a good growth because manufacturers and our campuses are being creative in finding different ways to bring some interest to the games.

“But we’ve kind of come to that dividing line where things may have gone too far in some respects and are now creating a competitive issue. The coaches understand it’s a pretty big competitive impact. If you can’t see the numbers clearly in football, it impacts how you coach the team, how you scout the opponent, how you plan for a lot of things.”

The problem is so prevalent that Ira Thor, sports information director at Division III New Jersey City University, created a slideshow presentation that has been circulated nationally. The presentation includes photo galleries of difficult-to-read jerseys in 10 NCAA sports from all divisions.

Most of the uniforms used as examples come from smaller divisions. Arizona, Louisville, Kentucky and Toledo wear some of the FBS football uniforms that Thor cites as problematic.

In Division I men’s basketball, questionable uniforms are shown from Wichita State, Stanford, Oakland, Mercer and Manhattan. Oakland has perhaps the oddest combination: black numbers on black uniforms.

It’s happening in lots of sports. In one women’s basketball photo, Washington State confusingly has numbers on top of its logo. Soccer teams have uniforms with difficult-to-read numbers due to vertical or horizontal stripes. Men’s lacrosse recently made a rule that all uniform numbers must “clearly contrast” the color of the uniform by 2016.

Some schools wear these confusing jerseys for marketing purposes and to jazz up fan and player interest. Some wear them because they got put on accidentally while unaware of the NCAA's rules. And some schools simply want an advantage competitively.

“We’ve had coaches tell SIDs in a couple instances that’s exactly why they do it, so they can’t get scouted,” Thor said. “It’s an edge. Everybody wants to be Bill Belichick, I guess.”

NCAA talking with Nike, Adidas, Under Armour

Halpin said the NCAA has made a more concerted effort in recent months to meet with manufacturer designers -- not just the executives overseeing specific college brands, as NCAA officials typically do -- to explain the importance of being able to better read the numbers. (Attempts by CBSSports.com to interview Nike, Adidas and Under Armour officials for this article were unsuccessful.)

Manufacturers don’t want these problems to happen and are open to corrections, said Halpin. But he added improvements likely won’t occur overnight because the companies often work on a two-year cycle in design production.

Technology has dramatically improved how uniforms get made. Manufacturers can be more creative by bleaching multiple designs and colors right into the fabric.

“What’s frustrating for a lot of (NCAA) members is this is almost exclusively an issue with college athletics deals,” said David Worlock, NCAA director of media coordination and statistics. “You never see Aaron Rodgers or LeBron James wearing a uniform where you can’t see the number.”

The NFL allows teams to change their uniforms only once in a five-year period. The NCAA has no such rule, meaning teams can change uniform designs every game if they wanted without any one central entity approving the look. Conference offices, the NCAA and officiating groups have taken different stabs at reviewing some uniform prototypes in advance. For instance, the NCAA is currently reviewing some new uniforms teams plan to unveil in the NCAA men's basketball tournament next month.

There’s another big difference between pros and colleges: Nike, Adidas and Under Armour are the primary outfitters for NCAA schools so they’re constantly competing with each other over designs and to market their products. In the NFL, all 32 NFL teams currently wear Nike.

The NFL does extensive photo tests both indoors and outdoors to see what uniforms look like on television before owners approve a design.

“We haven’t gone to that level yet, but I think that’s something we’d be open to,” Halpin said. “I think what you might see before it becomes an NCAA issue is conferences starting to think, ‘We need to look at this because every one of our games is on television and it’s a pretty big concern.’ I think you’ll see more TV testing at media days.”

When a problem occurs with a jersey at a school that’s perceived to be one of the top programs, manufacturers typically correct the issue quickly, Halpin said. But he noted that most NCAA schools order from a team catalogue and many times contract someone in the local community to put names and numbers on the back of jerseys.

“Those people often are not even thinking about whether our rules should be followed,” Halpin said. “In many cases, it’s accidental and they don’t realize it’s not visible enough.”

https://www.cbssports.com/college-footb ... -problems/
Last edited by pc in NM on Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

― Kinky Friedman
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

ASUHATER! wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:
Just because a school uses white it doesn't mean it's an official school color. It is kind of necessary when making away uniforms. I'm not making this shit up, it's publicly available in the university's trademark information.
Do me a favor and google our logo. Tell me what colors you see. This is more than an "away" uniform deal. There are three prominent colors in every Arizona logo.
BearDown89

Post by BearDown89 »

ChooChooCat wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:
Do me a favor and google our logo. Tell me what colors you see. This is more than an "away" uniform deal.
White has only been a part of the uniform since well, the beginning of time . . .
Merkin wrote:Don't think anyone got them right. Straight from UA licensing:

http://licensing.arizona.edu/sites/lice ... 2_2013.pdf" target="_blank

Get out of here with your facts Merk. Hater doesn't make this shit up . . .
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

PHXCATS wrote:Was hoping to find the list of people who forgot the school colors here.

I am starting to think it will never be produced.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

No white

Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

ChooChooCat wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:
Do me a favor and google our logo. Tell me what colors you see. This is more than an "away" uniform deal. There are three prominent colors in every Arizona logo.
I'm starting to think Hater is pulling a very elaborate, zealous troll job. No one is actually this obtuse, right?
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:
I'm starting to think Hater is pulling a very elaborate, zealous troll job. No one is actually this obtuse, right?
It's more than obvious at this point it's just a troll job.
BearDown89

Post by BearDown89 »

Hater's are for "print and publications." You know, like letterhead and pamphlets.

Merk's are for uniforms and licensed merchandise. Which is, you know, what we're actually talking about here . . . so . . . .
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

BearDown89 wrote:Hater's are for "print and publications." You know, like letterhead and pamphlets.

Merk's are for uniforms and licensed merchandise. Which is, you know, what we're actually talking about here . . . so . . . .

HATER'S is from this link: http://licensing.arizona.edu/sites/lice ... uide_0.pdf" target="_blank
Merk's is from this link: http://licensing.arizona.edu/sites/lice ... 2_2013.pdf" target="_blank
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

As the great Jim Ross would say............SOMEBODY STOP THE DAMN MATCH
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

Red, White and Blue works for me.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Not sure how well they will show up on TV, but these look pretty sharp.

prh

Post by prh »

Merkin wrote:Not sure how well they will show up on TV, but these look pretty sharp.

I actually really like that blue/red only block A. Somewhat surprised we don't go with the stormtrooper all-white, especially since I think we actually called it that.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

BearDown89

Post by BearDown89 »

azgreg wrote:
Sticking with those cool helmets. I like it. Otherwise, white on blue, is consistent with road unis of old . . .
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Chicat wrote:
That's a joke, right?
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Cats are 0-5 v. UCLA in the RichRod era, but undefeated in that uniform combo per AZ Desert Swarm site.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Merkin wrote:Cats are 0-5 v. UCLA in the RichRod era, but undefeated in that uniform combo per AZ Desert Swarm site.
One of those 2 wins was away at Colorado in 2015. The other was at home last year against Grambling St.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Should have gone Blue Blue White

7-1 in that combo since '05