MrBug708 wrote:National Stats for UCLA
10th in PPG
6th in YPG
8th in YPP
14th in 3rd Down %
1st in Passing yards per game
2nd in passes per game
25th in times sacked per game
Some sobering stats there in regards to the passing game. I really don't see how we're going to stop the passing game from UCLA. I also don't think Tate has another performance like the one he just had in colorado (there's a reason record breaking performances don't happen very often). I think we're close at the half, but in the 2nd half UCLA pulls away a bit before a late UA score makes the scoreboard look closer than the game was.

score prediction:
48-38 ucla wins.
WOW! Those are great stats! HOW can they be 3-2 with such amazing stats????

They give up 6.3 yds per rush attempt and 284 ypg rushing for a total average of 505 ypg given up on defense.

That may be why they are 3-2 like us. I'm liking our chances.
MrBug708

Re: UCLA @ Arizona discussion thread

Post by MrBug708 »

If only someone had posted those stats...
ramcat

Post by ramcat »

College Football News prediction for game. Did have last week's game pegged.

http://collegefootballnews.com/2017/10/ ... me-preview" target="_blank
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

Line has moved all around for it.

I will be flipping the TV back and forth with the Dodger game, but the way the teams can score I could miss a whole offensive series
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

47-45 Arizona
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

The bettors sure like the bruins. Now they are -2.5. Easy to see considering how Mora has beat RR like a red haired step son.

#1 QB against a defense that has zero picks in two conference games. Will be interesting if this movement in the line influences the shapes tomorrow.
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

MrBug708 wrote:
PieceOfMeat wrote:
10th in PPG
6th in YPG
8th in YPP
14th in 3rd Down %
2nd in passes per game
Some sobering stats there in regards to the passing game. I really don't see how we're going to stop the passing game from UCLA. I also don't think Tate has another performance like the one he just had in colorado (there's a reason record breaking performances don't happen very often). I think we're close at the half, but in the 2nd half UCLA pulls away a bit before a late UA score makes the scoreboard look closer than the game was.

score prediction:
48-38 ucla wins.
It's been awhile since I've seen the pessimistic PoM! Though I think you might have inadvertently nailed it
Pessimistic? I don't think that word means what you think it means.
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

wyo-cat wrote:
PieceOfMeat wrote:
10th in PPG
6th in YPG
8th in YPP
14th in 3rd Down %
2nd in passes per game

score prediction:
48-38 ucla wins.

They give up 6.3 yds per rush attempt and 284 ypg rushing for a total average of 505 ypg given up on defense.

Oh my, internet sarcasm, there's a new tactic.

I don't think our RB's average 6+ yards per carry this game. I don't think we utilize our RBs well enough to get that type of production from them.

As for their record, which you seem to be focused on, you do realize they've faced a tougher schedule than we have, don't you? If they can put up the numbers they've put up against the good teams on their schedule, we're certainly not likely to be the team that suddenly stops them in their tracks given our less than stout defense.

Is winning imposible? of course it isn't. But I put my prediction out there as I think it's likely to happen. Do I want it to happen? Nope. but want doesn't factor into a prediction.

How about you put out a prediction, instead of some vague "I'm liking our chances" line? Put it actually down in text, with a score.
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

45-31 Ucla wins
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

Lots of people in and around campus today - good buzz and lots of out of state plates clogging up traffic. I haven't seen it like this since the Utah game a couple of years ago. I'm calling it a good omen.

Cats in a wild one, reminiscent of those crazy games with Cal in the 90's. 56-52, the two unstoppable forces meet not so firm resistance on D for either side.

My guess is UCLA crowds the line like a mother and Kalil comes out slinging like a crazy.
Last edited by wyo-cat on Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

I like the way Wyo thinks. Tate has made it exciting. Hopefully a big family weekend crowd. Go cats
OSUCat

Post by OSUCat »

National rankings for Arizona (surprising to me)
Opponent Red Zone Conversion (Score %): 22nd
Sacks Allowed: 13th
Rushing Average yards per attempt: 3rd
3rd Down Conversion Percentage: 24th
Formerly Lynx Rufus.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

This one will be interesting. Not sure anyone is betting AZ. Vegas knows best and they make the cats a 2 point favourite but the bettors turn that around.

Easy to see why. RR can't beat Mora, Rosen could throw for 1000 yards, UCLA always gets up for us and has better players. Yet for dome reason Vegas thinks we will win a close one
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

See ya soon.
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

azcat49 wrote:This one will be interesting. Not sure anyone is betting AZ. Vegas knows best and they make the cats a 2 point favourite but the bettors turn that around.

Easy to see why. RR can't beat Mora, Rosen could throw for 1000 yards, UCLA always gets up for us and has better players. Yet for dome reason Vegas thinks we will win a close one
The spread swung to a 2 point ucla favorite
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Yep Bug, that is what is so interesting. For some reason Vegas see's us as the favorite but no one is buying that, thus the 4 point+ swing in the spread.

Going to be interesting to see how this plays out as I agree with thee bettors
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Don't know a lot about betting, but Vegas sets the odds based on getting 50% to bet on each side, not trying to actually predict the final score.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Yep but then you would think AZ would have started as a dog since UCLA is always bet heavier than AZ would be.

I just find both the initial line interesting and I expected it to move to UCLA
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

What was the initial line since I see UCLA favored by 2.5 now
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

ASUHATER! wrote:What was the initial line since I see UCLA favored by 2.5 now
It opened as a pickem the went to -2.5 az right away.
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

Where's the game thread? I'm on my first beer - playing a quick nine - I'll need it!
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

wyo-cat wrote:Where's the game thread? I'm on my first beer - playing a quick nine - I'll need it!
Game thread was started 2 days ago.
prh

Post by prh »

azcat49 wrote:Yep but then you would think AZ would have started as a dog since UCLA is always bet heavier than AZ would be.

I just find both the initial line interesting and I expected it to move to UCLA
(Posting at halftime...) Vegas could easily have seen us as a sizable favorite, and adjusted to pickem based on UCLA being such a public team. It's reasonable seeing as we're up 30-14 right now.
tgrumpy2

Post by tgrumpy2 »

Its going to be interesting to see what excuse chief comes up with this week for us winning. I can hardly wait to see it. LOL. Oh wait, he's putting a bunch of us on ignore.
tgrumpy2

Post by tgrumpy2 »

PieceOfMeat wrote:
wyo-cat wrote:
PieceOfMeat wrote:
10th in PPG
6th in YPG
8th in YPP
14th in 3rd Down %
2nd in passes per game

score prediction:
48-38 ucla wins.

I don't think our RB's average 6+ yards per carry this game. I don't think we utilize our RBs well enough to get that type of production from them.

As for their record, which you seem to be focused on, you do realize they've faced a tougher schedule than we have, don't you? If they can put up the numbers they've put up against the good teams on their schedule, we're certainly not likely to be the team that suddenly stops them in their tracks given our less than stout defense.

Is winning imposible? of course it isn't. But I put my prediction out there as I think it's likely to happen. Do I want it to happen? Nope. but want doesn't factor into a prediction.

How about you put out a prediction, instead of some vague "I'm liking our chances" line? Put it actually down in text, with a score.
Do you need a towel to wipe the egg off your face or will you just use your sleeve?
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

It was a classic PoM jinx. Pay no mind to the content :)
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:We can score. They can score. Rosen makes a ton of plays, but can make some unforced errors trying to be aggressive.

They should be the favorites, but we have a puncher's chance. Turnovers decide the game, IMO. If we can cause a few and avoid them, we should win. Even or losing in TO's and we lose.
To's were big.

I'm happy for the team. Things had been so low energy, but we've really gotten a shot in the arm from these last two games.
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

tgrumpy2 wrote:
PieceOfMeat wrote:
wyo-cat wrote:
PieceOfMeat wrote:
10th in PPG
6th in YPG
8th in YPP
14th in 3rd Down %
2nd in passes per game

score prediction:
48-38 ucla wins.

Do you need a towel to wipe the egg off your face or will you just use your sleeve?
No, I'm a U of A fan.
tgrumpy2

Post by tgrumpy2 »

chiefzona wrote:Arizona has zero defense. That's the bad part of this game. If Arizona scores 35....UCLA can score 55.

Gosh chief. Looks like if we score 47 they can score 30. :lol: :lol: :lol:
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Anybody catch chief with his Mr. Microphone on the mall before the game? I mean, technically he was on the radio...
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

PieceOfMeat wrote:
wyo-cat wrote:
PieceOfMeat wrote:
10th in PPG
6th in YPG
8th in YPP
14th in 3rd Down %
2nd in passes per game

score prediction:
48-38 ucla wins.

Well, I picked that Cat to win, Jag off.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

tgrumpy2 wrote:
Exactly what egg do you think is on my face?

I had the balls to make a prediction on the score/outcome of the game. I noticed you didn't. Yet you think you can rub an incorrect prediction in someone's face? Did I make any grand proclamation that I knew for sure what would happen? Oh, I didn't, did I.

I'm as happy as anyone that UofA won tonight, but I have no shame/egg/anything regarding having made an incorrect prediction.

So, since you didn't have the balls to make a prediction your self, I guess I should ask you a question:
Do you need to get your balls back from your wife's purse, or will you just let her keep them?

RazorsEdgeAZ

Post by RazorsEdgeAZ »

chiefzona wrote:UCLA 50
Arizona 38

Nope. UA 47-30

Odds turn for Rich Rod saving his job. UA won, UA beat UCLA. I'm happy they did. Join us
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

wyo-cat wrote:
PieceOfMeat wrote:
wyo-cat wrote:
PieceOfMeat wrote:
10th in PPG
6th in YPG
8th in YPP
14th in 3rd Down %
2nd in passes per game

score prediction:
48-38 ucla wins.

Well, I picked that Cat to win, Jag off.
No, you said you were liking their chances. Or can you not read what you yourself typed and I quoted?

Oh and btw, the "Jag off" is the guy who comes with zero substance and just sarcasm, a.k.a. you, and the guy who also doesnt have the balls to make a prediction, a.k.a. you, and the guy who comes with nothing but personal attacks, a.k.a. you.

azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

tgrumpy2 wrote:Its going to be interesting to see what excuse chief comes up with this week for us winning. I can hardly wait to see it. LOL. Oh wait, he's putting a bunch of us on ignore.

Yep :)
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

POM, you called me out, and I as a U of A fan, picked the Cats to win. How bout u????

I'm a fan of the Cats, so I really don't know what kind of person would pick UCLA. I'm guessing a UCLA fan.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

wyo-cat wrote:POM, you called me out, and I as a U of A fan, picked the Cats to win. How bout u????

I'm a fan of the Cats, so I really don't know what kind of person would pick UCLA. I'm guessing a UCLA fan.
Oh look, the classic non sequitor from people who don't understand making score predction v.s. rooting(or hoping) for an outcome.

*yawn* wake me up when you have enough brain cells to know the difference between a score prediction, and a rooting interest.

wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

Tough shit, I picked the Cats to win. Fuck off.

Good fans root for the Cats, not the other team.
Sid

Post by Sid »

How did Chief like the game? You know...years of shity recruiting, poor player evals and yet we still manage to punch the ruins in the throat with the potential top 5 upcoming NFL pick....

Yep, we're a disaster.
Sid

Post by Sid »

wyo-cat wrote:Tough shit, I picked the Cats to win. Fuck off.

Love it!!!!!!!
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

You said cats win only AFTER I called you out for failing to be bold enough to make a prediction. Oh and btw, your score prediction was certainly way off, where was your faith in the D?

Oh, and yet again, you fail to have enough brain cells to realize that making a prediction is different from rooting interest.

But good job, yet again, showing that you fail at logic and/or anything that requires thinking.

azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Hey wait, POM's a died in the wool cat fan. No question who he roots for. Lets save this for idiots like chief who really want AZ to lose so his point can be proven
Sid

Post by Sid »

azcat49 wrote:Hey wait, POM's a died in the wool cat fan. No question who he roots for. Lets save this for idiots like chief who really want AZ to lose so his point can be proven
Where is the Chef by the way?

I'm hungry!
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

PieceOfMeat wrote:

You said cats win only AFTER I called you out for failing to be bold enough to make a prediction. Oh and btw, your score prediction was certainly way off, where was your faith in the D?

Oh, and yet again, you fail to have enough brain cells to realize that making a prediction is different from rooting interest.

But good job, yet again, showing that you fail at logic and/or anything that requires thinking.
You are really going, there???? I picked that Cats to win, you didn't, so who's score was closer???
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

Arizona ran 74 plays and UCLA had one tackle for loss. Offensive domination
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

MrBug708 wrote:Arizona ran 74 plays and UCLA had one tackle for loss. Offensive domination

The Mora effect.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Best game I've seen since 2015. I'm happy I went. I get to be positive about az football for a week and for that, I'm glad.
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

Sid wrote:
azcat49 wrote:Hey wait, POM's a died in the wool cat fan. No question who he roots for. Lets save this for idiots like chief who really want AZ to lose so his point can be proven
Where is the Chef by the way?

I'm hungry!
Chef won't be back, sucks to be him.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Sid wrote:How did Chief like the game? You know...years of shity recruiting, poor player evals and yet we still manage to punch the ruins in the throat with the potential top 5 upcoming NFL pick....

Yep, we're a disaster.

Even for year 6, I loved it. Some coaches are extremely slow learners and through a fluke of HAVING to play his back up QB after his starter got hurt......golden RR. If Dawkins never got hurt....this all doesn't happen. That is the magic of Rich Rod. :lol:
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

scumdevils86 wrote:Best game I've seen since 2015. I'm happy I went. I get to be positive about az football for a week and for that, I'm glad.
Oregon game?