General Malaise and Complaining about the Football Program

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

tgrumpy2

Re: Fire RR

Post by tgrumpy2 »

Its still not a done deal. If Tate gets injured and the wheels fall off the cart I'm sure RichRod would be gone and I do believe there are some out there hoping for just that. I am so looking forward to seeing RR save his job and be here next year for several reasons. First of all it means we had a successful season. At least moderately successful after the turd we dropped last year. Almost as much as that I am so looking forward to having the Ass Hat brigade back looking under every rock and around every corner for a reason to fire the coach. I found them very entertaining this year and I'm sure they'll entertain me again next year.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

tgrumpy2 wrote:Its still not a done deal. If Tate gets injured and the wheels fall off the cart I'm sure RichRod would be gone and I do believe there are some out there hoping for just that. I am so looking forward to seeing RR save his job and be here next year for several reasons. First of all it means we had a successful season. At least moderately successful after the turd we dropped last year. Almost as much as that I am so looking forward to having the Ass Hat brigade back looking under every rock and around every corner for a reason to fire the coach. I found them very entertaining this year and I'm sure they'll entertain me again next year.
We are moving in the right direction, but you're right, it needs to continue for RR to be safe.

And yeah, everyone should be rooting for RR to succeed. It is better to have the current coach be the solution than have to bet on a new hire.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

tgrumpy2 wrote:Its still not a done deal. If Tate gets injured and the wheels fall off the cart I'm sure RichRod would be gone and I do believe there are some out there hoping for just that. I am so looking forward to seeing RR save his job and be here next year for several reasons. First of all it means we had a successful season. At least moderately successful after the turd we dropped last year. Almost as much as that I am so looking forward to having the Ass Hat brigade back looking under every rock and around every corner for a reason to fire the coach. I found them very entertaining this year and I'm sure they'll entertain me again next year.
How can you enjoy watching us go 6-6 or 7-5 every year which at uofa is enough to keep your job? You actually want that to happen so you can crow about it and celebrate and lord it over the fans who want more? Weird logic.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

scumdevils86 wrote:
How can you enjoy watching us go 6-6 or 7-5 every year which at uofa is enough to keep your job? You actually want that to happen so you can crow about it and celebrate and lord it over the fans who want more? Weird logic.

The defeatists of the program are the Keep RR guys. They want mediocrity to stay and reign. The ones who are the fire RR guys are the ones that want to see the program launch into bigger and better things. Look at RR's stats here for 6 years. Compare those with TG's. Both deserve the axe. Mediocrity reigns at Arizona.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

chiefzona wrote:
scumdevils86 wrote:

The defeatists of the program are the Keep RR guys. They want mediocrity to stay and reign. The ones who are the fire RR guys are the ones that want to see the program launch into bigger and better things. Look at RR's stats here for 6 years. Compare those with TG's. Both deserve the axe. Mediocrity reigns at Arizona.
Yeah lets go get Saban or Meyer or Dabo. All will totally come here. Have to realize what you got and what you can get here at Arizona with history, money, facilities and fan support. Go buy a ticket or shut up. Jeff Dean specifically called you two jokers out.

Your act and your hate for RR are really old guy. I don't see ANYONE saying 6-6 is good enough every year. NAME ONE PERSON WHO IS SAYING THAT IS OKAY. NAME ONE!

The difference is that the defense is improving, as much as you ignore it and want it to not be the case, it is. And now the offensive line is playing well, receivers are making plays and catches, and Tate has been the best QB in the nation the last two weeks. There is momentum. I have said all along that RR needs to improve or be gone. We are seeing improvement, let it ride out.

And do not blame RR for not playing Tate earlier, injuries, performance last year, and practice all lead to him not playing, not RR. Do you continue to belittle Belichek because he waited for an injury to play Tom Brady?
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Yes, you are exactly saying that 6-6 is okay every year.

7-6 with a shit bowl win and a losing conference record in 2015
3-9 with an almost winless conference season in 2016
likely about a 6-6 record this year only because Dawkins got hurt
???
what's hard to understand machina? if we go 6-6 again next year you'll just defend Rich and say we're all haters and that we're not good enough to be good. I won't accept that.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

scumdevils86 wrote:Yes, you are exactly saying that 6-6 is okay every year.

7-6 with a shit bowl win and a losing conference record in 2015
3-9 with an almost winless conference season in 2016
likely about a 6-6 record this year only because Dawkins got hurt
???
what's hard to understand machina? if we go 6-6 again next year you'll just defend Rich and say we're all haters and that we're not good enough to be good. I won't accept that.
So how am I saying 6-6 is okay when I said he needs to improve and go at least 7-5 for me? What about all the times I said I wanted RR gone last year to make runs at guys like PJ Fleck?FIND ME ONE TIME I SAID THAT 6-6 YEAR IN AND YEAR OUT IS OKAY. STOP YOUR DAMN LYING.

FIRE BELICHICK because he only played Brady due to injury. FIRE THE BEST COACH OF ALL TIME BECAUSE HE ONLY PLAYED TOM BRADY BECAUSE OF INJURY.

Stop lying.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Better fire Miller as well because he never got to the final four after 13 years
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

haha damn you dumb. you think that winning 30+ games a year with conf championships and elite 8s and sweet 16s is the same as us going 6-6 or worse in football for 3-4 years straight? good lord son.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Stop the lies if you cannot prove that I said 6-6 every year is fine. Just stop lying.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

I'm just impressed you think that going 6-6 or 3-9 is as impressive as what Sean Miller has done. Bravo.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

scumdevils86 wrote:I'm just impressed you think that going 6-6 or 3-9 is as impressive as what Sean Miller has done. Bravo.
Again another lie, never said that, stop with your damn lies

My post is not saying they are the same or equal or anything
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Ok buddy. I promise I won't lie anymore to you :roll:
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

I agree with the 6-6 logic but I think with Tate we are looking more at 8-4 or 9-3. RR has a lot of shortcomings we could pick apart but he has something special with Tate.

Other than Chief all of us want the cats to win every game and if that happens he is not going nowhere. If he goes 6-6 or 7-6 because they win a crappy lower bowl then I am good with whatever Heeke decides.

Also while they are playing better in many phases this year it would be wrong to think we could go 8-4 or better with this group and with Dawkins at QB, just wouldn't happen. It is obvious that RR's system demands an exceptional play maker at QB. Problem is those are hard to find and getting mediocre play leads to mediocre or worse results which has been alluded to. Oh the qaundry
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Every team is going to stack the box against Tate (and Dawkins too for that matter) and start putting faster DBs and LBs out there and make the right angles. Put the fastest guy on the track team on the scout team as QB, so they can work the angles better.

Going 6-6 at ending up in El Paso or ABQ is not going to excite the fan base. Heeke is going to have to pony up the dough in order for Arizona to buy the required number of seats.

It is the head coaches fault than an injury to one player could make all the difference in an 8-4 team v. a 5-7 team?

Yes it is.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Thanks Merk, that's what the blind people like machina can't get. We shouldn't be 1 player away from a 3-4 win difference in year 6. Period.

Now if we somehow win 7 or 8 games this year before a bowl and win 8-10 games next year then Rich should stay but that's it.
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

@merk

I rewatched the game, sober, and UCLA did stack the box and cheat up safeties to try to beat the AZ running game. Don't forget JJ and Nick had good nights too.

@scumd86

Think of Tate as a bonus check. His ability is taking a fair team to a good team. He alone didn't defeat UCLA, he got some great blocks and a nice effort from the D.

Let's enjoy this season and see where the chips fall. I for one am excited and hope that Tate can get some national buzz. This week will go a long way for his profile. BTFD!
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

PHXcat......I just want to know....who in the hell is Jeff Dean?
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

wyo-cat wrote:@merk

I rewatched the game, sober, and UCLA did stack the box and cheat up safeties to try to beat the AZ running game. Don't forget JJ and Nick had good nights too.

@scumd86

Think of Tate as a bonus check. His ability is taking a fair team to a good team. He alone didn't defeat UCLA, he got some great blocks and a nice effort from the D.

Let's enjoy this season and see where the chips fall. I for one am excited and hope that Tate can get some national buzz. This week will go a long way for his profile. BTFD!
I'm definitely enjoying the season more than I thought I would. Also don't forget even before we ran all over UCLA they had a bottom 3 rushing defense in the nation. Them putting extra guys in the box and cheating up safeties wasn't going to do them any good...cuz they sucked.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

scumdevils86 wrote:
I'm definitely enjoying the season more than I thought I would. Also don't forget even before we ran all over UCLA they had a bottom 3 rushing defense in the nation. Them putting extra guys in the box and cheating up safeties wasn't going to do them any good...cuz they sucked.
UCLA now 128th out of 129 teams in rushing defense, 6 yards ahead of Tulsa. http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/ ... team/24/p3" target="_blank

Tulsa just beat Houston 45-17. UA as we all know lost 19-16 to UH, which Tate if healthy would have been the difference.
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

Merkin wrote:Every team is going to stack the box against Tate (and Dawkins too for that matter) and start putting faster DBs and LBs out there and make the right angles. Put the fastest guy on the track team on the scout team as QB, so they can work the angles better.

Going 6-6 at ending up in El Paso or ABQ is not going to excite the fan base. Heeke is going to have to pony up the dough in order for Arizona to buy the required number of seats.

It is the head coaches fault than an injury to one player could make all the difference in an 8-4 team v. a 5-7 team?

Yes it is.
This is the crux of Arizona football. There's always been a smaller margin for error when it comes to injuries for Arizona. It's also why I'm not a big fan of exposing your QB, your prime playmaker, to a lot of hits. The last few years are evidence of this. When completely healthy, Arizona looks respectable. But Arizona never stays healthy because of the type of athlete they recruit and the style they play. Sometimes injuries are just bad luck. But it's been a pattern at Arizona under RR where it's tough to keep QBs healthy. I don't see how you can't attribute that to style of play. And ultimately, that's on the head coach. The sooner Arizona fans understand this, the more they'll appreciate a coach like Tomey who tried to shorten the game, play to the strength of special teams and not beat yourself gambling with an offense that can turn the ball over.

Having said that, I think every team is different and needs to be coached that way. You can't coach every team the same way every year. You really need to play to your strengths. So for Arizona, it's about maximizing Tate's ability while protecting him at the same time. Easier said than done.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

scumdevils86 wrote:
We went 3-9 last year. The logic behind keeping RR if he goes 6-6 or 7-5 is either of those are marked improvements.

I see people who want him fired at 6-6 or 7-5 as people who want a time machine to actually fire him after last year. 6-6 or 7-5 is a pretty decent ceiling for what any coach could have generated in terms of positive momentum.

That's the logic I don't get. We kept him after he crashes and burns to 3-9. That is done and in the past. Now, he improves and we get to 6-6/7-5 and we want him gone? Keep him the year he does poorly and fire him the year he does well? It makes no sense.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

I would have preferred him gone last year. If he gets us to a mediocre and "blah" 6 or 7 wins good for him and I guess that is enough to keep your job in AZ football.

But next year if he does not win at least 8 or 9 games with 5 Pac 12 games at home (ASU, Colorado, Cal, USC, Oregon), 4 on the road (Oregon State, UCLA, Washington State, and Utah), and skipping UW and Stanford....AND BYU and Southern Utah at home.... then good lord please fucking fire him.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Merkin wrote:Every team is going to stack the box against Tate (and Dawkins too for that matter) and start putting faster DBs and LBs out there and make the right angles. Put the fastest guy on the track team on the scout team as QB, so they can work the angles better.

Yes it is.
6-6 every year is not okay

Going from 3-9 to 6-6 or 7-5 is improvement, maybe not enough for RR to stay, but it is improvement and not an automatic firing
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

@scumd86

This is where i am. I get both arguments so I say lets just sit back and enjoy it. If we win big, we will be very happy (and so will RR). If we go 6-6 or whatever we sill my be happy depending on yur point of view and what makes Heeke happy
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

scumdevils86 wrote:

@scumd86

You know UA does not choose when are who they play in conference play right? You say this like you have an agenda against U of A. U of A is doing well right now and you are wrong plain and simple.

Do you not know the defense is improving? It is clear as day for anyone not trying to make up more lies. Held UCLA to its second lowest score of the year. First team to not allow UCLA to score in a quarter. Held first round pick Rosen to way below his averages and picked him off 3 times.

Just please stop it
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

chiefzona wrote:PHXcat......I just want to know....who in the hell is Jeff Dean?
A real radio host and PA for McKale Center
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Did you mean to quote someone else machina? What the hell are you talking about?
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

scumdevils86 wrote:Did you mean to quote someone else machina? What the hell are you talking about?
You are criticizing U of A for saying they put up stats vs UCLA and how bad UCLA is. I am pointing out the flaws in that and noting other improvements. Too busy thinking of you next lie to not be able to read properly?
Pop McKale

Post by Pop McKale »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
scumdevils86 wrote:
We went 3-9 last year. The logic behind keeping RR if he goes 6-6 or 7-5 is either of those are marked improvements.

I see people who want him fired at 6-6 or 7-5 as people who want a time machine to actually fire him after last year. 6-6 or 7-5 is a pretty decent ceiling for what any coach could have generated in terms of positive momentum.

That's the logic I don't get. We kept him after he crashes and burns to 3-9. That is done and in the past. Now, he improves and we get to 6-6/7-5 and we want him gone? Keep him the year he does poorly and fire him the year he does well? It makes no sense.
Right. The window to fire him was after the white flag effort at Corvallis last year right before the ASU game. That's where I was at that point. But, Byrne wasn't about to make any move, we rolled ASU, and Greg bolted for 'Bama. That was that. Now -- barring collapse over the next 6 games -- I think you have to give Rich a chance to develop this roster for another year. If he treads water again next season, then I'm fine with moving on.

Further, it's not enough to just want Rich gone. This always happens no matter the coach. Who's are the best, most realistic options out there right now? I've heard plenty of "Fire RR!" but not a lot of "Here's who I'd get" commentary.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

PHXCATS wrote:
scumdevils86 wrote:Did you mean to quote someone else machina? What the hell are you talking about?
You are criticizing U of A for saying they put up stats vs UCLA and how bad UCLA is. I am pointing out the flaws in that and noting other improvements. Too busy thinking of you next lie to not be able to read properly?
You should see someone for your anger issues. But what? Ucla does suck on defense. Actually worse than any other team we've played for the year. Not sure how that's a lie or a flaw in anything. Apparently the other team sucking is not related to any part of our success against them haha. You achieve new lows hourly.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Teams who have better 2018 classes per rivals:

UT San Antonio
Northwestern
Army
Navy
Temple
Pitt
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

I'm way past wanting RR to get fired.

I'm already on the " Fire the Coach who replaced RR" bandwagon.

I should start the thread
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

We all know we'll be here again between 2020 and 2023 so whatever
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

Great idea. Make a few personal attacks while you're at it.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

wyo-cat wrote:Great idea. Make a few personal attacks while you're at it.
Screw You, Idiot.

(How's that?)
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Some stats for the jokers who think U of A only won because RR sucks and Dawkins got hurt and UCLA's defense is so bad. And UCLA is still the 18th ranked offense in NCAA Football

UCLA Averages Before U of A
Pass Yards 436
Total Yards 551
INT 1
Turnovers 2.2
Yards per pass 9.1
Yards per play 7.3
Points 41.4

UCLA during UA Game (which should be higher right jokers since U of A and RR sucks so much)
Pass Yards 219
Total Yards 409
INT 3
Turnovers 4
Yards per pass 6.4
Yards per play 5.7
Points 30

But yeah, we got lucky huh jokers?
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Well I never even brought up or mentioned ucla's offense in my posts, but thanks I guess.
Sid

Post by Sid »

Can't wait for the "well, the best defensive player for Cal didn't play" bullshit excuse after we curb stomp them.

A lot of anger in the world.....
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

yeah from the defeatist proponents of mediocrity.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

scumdevils86 wrote:Well I never even brought up or mentioned ucla's offense in my posts, but thanks I guess.
Exactly you didn't, because that would be giving credit to the team and RR to acknowledge how good UCLA's offense is and how U of A held them in check for the entire game.

And just so it is clear so you will stop lying, I WANTED RR GONE LAST YEAR, but he is here this year so I am rooting for him to succeed and we will see how much improvement and the trajectory of the team at the end of the year to determine the best course of action going forward.

And your take is not that important and according to many, like Jeff Dean, doesn't matter at all.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Sid wrote:Can't wait for the "well, the best defensive player for Cal didn't play" bullshit excuse after we curb stomp them.

Chief and that other joker will always find something to complain about with U of A Football
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

PHXCATS wrote:
scumdevils86 wrote:Well I never even brought up or mentioned ucla's offense in my posts, but thanks I guess.
Exactly you didn't, because that would be giving credit to the team and RR to acknowledge how good UCLA's offense is and how U of A held them in check for the entire game.

And just so it is clear so you will stop lying, I WANTED RR GONE LAST YEAR, but he is here this year so I am rooting for him to succeed and we will see how much improvement and the trajectory of the team at the end of the year to determine the best course of action going forward.

And your take is not that important and according to many, like Jeff Dean, doesn't matter at all.
*shrug*

okay buddy. :lol: it is always enjoyable to see the "good fans" like yourself frothing at the mouth in defense of decades of mediocrity. but what do I know. i've only been a fan for 15 years. so i'm just a kid. :roll:
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Sid wrote:Can't wait for the "well, the best defensive player for Cal didn't play" bullshit excuse after we curb stomp them.

I don't care. At this point a W is a W.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

azgreg wrote:

Agreed.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

scumdevils86 wrote:
azgreg wrote:

Agreed.

You are such a liar. You spend all these posts lying and poo pooing on people excited about the last two wins now you say this?

scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

I can't see on my computer but did machina post more stuff from his gif library? Can't wait to see it later.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

I know you twins don't get on well with Machina, but in the name of all that is holy, do you need to suck the fucking joy out of the rare football winning streak in the midst of a fucking basketball shit show?

For god's sake, just let the fans enjoy some sunshine. It's been dark enough around here lately without you piling on after wins.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Puerco wrote:I know you twins don't get on well with Machina, but in the name of all that is holy, do you need to suck the fucking joy out of the rare football winning streak in the midst of a fucking basketball shit show?

For god's sake, just let the fans enjoy some sunshine. It's been dark enough around here lately without you piling on after wins.
this is the fire RR thread...where else would I talk about his future as our coach? get off your high horse.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Pop McKale wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:
scumdevils86 wrote:

Right. The window to fire him was after the white flag effort at Corvallis last year right before the ASU game. That's where I was at that point. But, Byrne wasn't about to make any move, we rolled ASU, and Greg bolted for 'Bama. That was that. Now -- barring collapse over the next 6 games -- I think you have to give Rich a chance to develop this roster for another year. If he treads water again next season, then I'm fine with moving on.

Further, it's not enough to just want Rich gone. This always happens no matter the coach. Who's are the best, most realistic options out there right now? I've heard plenty of "Fire RR!" but not a lot of "Here's who I'd get" commentary.
Hiring a new coach is at best a 50/50 proposition. That's why I'm not necessarily hot to trot on a replacement. Everyone thinks you're getting Nick Saban until you don't.

If we know RR isn't going to do it, ok, move on. When he has us moving in a positive direction, I don't get wanting him gone.