Rick Kane

Re: General Malaise and Complaining about the Football Progr

Post by Rick Kane »

scumdevils86 wrote:
Rick Kane wrote:
scumdevils86 wrote:
Rick Kane wrote:
prh wrote:It's like cordera fixed his written english and got a new name
I remember reading posts by the Cordera person thinking he could not write english at all...but he was 1000% right.

How sad is that for so many here
Yep cordera
First off, how about you actually come up with something smart to say. I have seen you bash Rich Rod throughout this thread and how stupid do you look now.

Literally Rich Rod is going to be named PAC 12 coach of the year. I would think if voting was this week he would get 100% of the votes for it.

We just won 4 conference games in a row for the first time since 1998

Yet, Rich Rod still sucks right.....WRONG
I'll need to reread and translate this later
Lame response, go cheer for some other football program
Rick Kane

Post by Rick Kane »

CalStateTempe wrote:
scumdevils86 wrote:
Chicat wrote:They should give the COY award to Khalil Tate. Or maybe to the guy who hurt Dawkins.

Nothing else at all has changed from the beginning of the season.
Double amen
Was Tate really hurt for Houston and Utah? That is the only reason I can fathom not playing him other than RR's stubbornness.

And don't start making plans for RR retirement into Tucsons version of the villages, you all know he's gone the minute the next lateral move ponies up more money. This year is all about rehabbing his rep for the final years of his coaching career.

That being said when he bolts the cats will be in a very good place with all the youth and talent around.

This special season is all Tate.
He was not hurt for Houston as he played against Houston and not well mind you

I know parents of players, he was definitely hurt for Utah. Rich Rod doesnt like to disclose everything on injuries as Tate could have player but would not have been able to throw a pass

And again, who recruited and developed Tate? RICH ROD
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

scumdevils86 wrote:
CalStateTempe wrote:
scumdevils86 wrote:
Chicat wrote:They should give the COY award to Khalil Tate. Or maybe to the guy who hurt Dawkins.

Double amen
Was Tate really hurt for Houston and Utah? That is the only reason I can fathom not playing him other than RR's stubbornness.

And don't start making plans for RR retirement into Tucsons version of the villages, you all know he's gone the minute the next lateral move ponies up more money. This year is all about rehabbing his rep for the final years of his coaching career.

That being said when he bolts the cats will be in a very good place with all the youth and talent around.

Dunno why the slack jawed homers don't get this
WTF is wrong with you?
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

wyo-cat wrote:
scumdevils86 wrote:
CalStateTempe wrote:
scumdevils86 wrote:

Double amen

WTF is wrong with you?
With me agreeing with cst? Take it up with him. I simply agreed.
Rick Kane

Post by Rick Kane »

catgrad97 wrote:
prh wrote:
catgrad97 wrote:Matt Scott wasn't a Rodriguez recruit.

Rick, nobody's disputing the results. What everybody needs to be sold on is the recruiting and player development.

These are the areas that have, to put it politely, not been kind to RichRod in his tenure here.

Tate is boosting the level of every single player around him, and that's great. Now the overall recruiting needs to step up, because just grabbing some OKGs and praying Tate won't get hurt isn't going to be enough for things to "work out" this time.
Quick flashback-- how did we feel going into 2015? Replace Tate with Anu and you just said it. Look how that turned out.
Exactly the opposite of expectations, yes. And I've been out on an island indifferent to Arizona football since the UCLA loss that season, in which I've never seen the program look worse, in every aspect, in my 35 years of fandom.

Khalil Tate has slowly warmed me back up, but for this program to avoid cratering again like it did last season, he's going to need help. And a lot of it.

And RichRod needs to start showing he can hold a winning record over ASU. And start beating the LA schools. More than once.
The program had a bad year but it did not crater as look how quickly we have bounced back.

We are 2-3 vs ASU and no coach at Arizona has a winning record against both UCLA and USC. Stoops did well against UCLA but only beat USC once.

This is a very special season for Arizona, enjoy it
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

OSUCat wrote:I hear that Florida Job might be open soon. :D
Would not surprise me one bit.
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

Rick Kane wrote:How can people not be sold on recruiting or player development right now?
Paying your coordinators not to recruit up until last season will have that sort of effect on a fan.
Rick Kane wrote:Did you watch Tate last year and see him this year. I would say he has developed. What about a guy like Nunley or JJ Taylor or Shun Brown or Wolma or Alsadek or Eldridge or Zach Green or Colin Schooler or Tony Fields or Tony Ellison or JJ Whitiker or Kylan Wilborn (This is a very long list)

Basically our entire team comes back next year (and the year after that).
You forgot Trevor Wood and Gerhard de Beer. I love all those guys.

And it didn't help that last year was kind of f*cked after our only returning senior O-lineman O.D.'d and died the week before the season opener. Everyone was reacting, rushing players into positions they weren't prepared--or conditioned--for.

That's still a concern. Whitaker, Wilborn, Fields and Schooler all either cramped up or limped off the field tonight. They need backups. You know how decimated our team usually is by ASU.

And what about Nick Wilson? He was ridden into the ground so hard last season he may never be healthy for an Arizona football game again. With all of the stories of four-star recruits being wasted at that and other positions, ultimately being moved to other sides of the ball, these are still legitimate concerns.

Tate's been a godsend for this program, but that doesn't mean you immediately anoint Rich Rodriguez as his creator.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

azcat49 wrote:The hate for RR has been seen in the attendance. Tonight for homecoming, 43k(so a lot of fans have chosen to root for someone else). This after 3 great wins. Rick, as much as you love the cats and support RR, He would be gone in a second if he had a chance in the last two years.

We will take what we can get from him and right now its great. He keeps us at this level and he gets extended but he better find a QB after Tate because we have seen what happens when we get mediocre play at that position
Exactly where I am at with RR
Rick Kane

Post by Rick Kane »

catgrad97 wrote:
Rick Kane wrote:How can people not be sold on recruiting or player development right now?
Paying your coordinators not to recruit up until last season will have that sort of effect on a fan.
Rick Kane wrote:Did you watch Tate last year and see him this year. I would say he has developed. What about a guy like Nunley or JJ Taylor or Shun Brown or Wolma or Alsadek or Eldridge or Zach Green or Colin Schooler or Tony Fields or Tony Ellison or JJ Whitiker or Kylan Wilborn (This is a very long list)

Tate's been a godsend for this program, but that doesn't mean you immediately anoint Rich Rodriguez as his creator.
Who recruited Tate to play QB for us? Who has been coaching Tate since he showed up at Arizona?

I would say if Tate was Jesus, then Rich Rod is God

Whats funny is Tate feels very differently then many here about how important Rich Rod and Rod Smith have been to his success
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

I really can't believe the crap I'm hearing tonight of all nights. God forbid we lose to USC...
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

The homer self pleasuring is fun to watch. Kinda ruins the fun of another good win in a way though.
TatetheGreat

Post by TatetheGreat »

CalStateTempe wrote:
OSUCat wrote:I hear that Florida Job might be open soon. :D
Would not surprise me one bit.
And would you blame him for taking that job? I would be pissed if he left mid-season, but it would be understandable. I think his best choice is to stay and build a solid program here while getting paid well in the process. He wouldn't be given a long leash at UF because, like at UM, they are tired of losing and want immediate results.
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

scumdevils86 wrote:The homer self pleasuring is fun to watch. Kinda ruins the fun of another good win in a way though.
You are as big of an asshat as your brother. Go root for another team.
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

Rick Kane wrote:
catgrad97 wrote:

Who recruited Tate to play QB for us? Who has been coaching Tate since he showed up at Arizona?

I would say if Tate was Jesus, then Rich Rod is God

Whats funny is Tate feels very differently then many here about how important Rich Rod and Rod Smith have been to his success
All props to Rod Smith. Which assistant will have their head shaved if we beat SC next week?

Again, we need to stop being so cultish about this resurgence and look at the program as a whole. This isn't just about RR--it's about EVERYBODY, and you don't allow ANY of them to slip through your fingers. You get some freaking CONTINUITY back in this program, like it's been starving for, since 2014.

I agree 1,000,000 percent about the lousy home attendance, particularly if it causes this program to lose Yates, Smith or any other assistants. Can't force Tucsonans--or Phoenix alumni--to drive down there and get their butts in the seats. If Arizona Stadium can't sell out a Homecoming like this one, shame on you, Tucson and casual Cat fans. For shame.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

wyo-cat wrote:
scumdevils86 wrote:The homer self pleasuring is fun to watch. Kinda ruins the fun of another good win in a way though.

The blind homer takes really bring down the high of a fun win. Been a fan for 15 years, not stopping now.
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

scumdevils86 wrote:
wyo-cat wrote:

The blind homer takes really bring down the high of a fun win. Been a fan for 15 years, not stopping now.
I'm a blind homer? Why would anyone not be a homer right now? We just kicked the shit out of Wazzu. Enjoy it.

You and your brother truly baffle me.
TatetheGreat

Post by TatetheGreat »

wyo-cat wrote:
scumdevils86 wrote:
wyo-cat wrote:

I'm a blind homer? Why would anyone not be a homer right now? We just kicked the shit out of Wazzu. Enjoy it.

Don't feed the troll, man. Retards gonna 'tard.
tgrumpy2

Post by tgrumpy2 »

ASUHATER! wrote:
wyo-cat wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:
Rick Kane wrote:First time poster but long time lerker. Nice to see this thread name has changed.

Kind of hard to fire the coach who is going to get the PAC 12 Coach of the year award.

To all those who wanted to fire Rich Rod - You were wrong. You should have had more patience.

This is shaping up as potentially one of the greatest seasons in the history of our program.

I hope Rich Rod is here for a long time.
No one that wanted RR fired was remotely wrong. Still wouldn't be wrong now for wanting it. 1 player doing amazing things doesn't make up for the dump truck of garbage that was RRs coaching and recruiting jobs the previous 2 seasons.
Hatter, did Tate get all the ints tonight?

Like I said a few weeks ago, go cuddle with Chef jag off.
No thank you. That same defense that got ints did give up 37 points and 600 yards so...
Yea and last year against basically the same team we gave up 67 points. I think that's a big improvement. That starting quarterback that did that to us last year, we chased him in the second quarter. It doesn't matter how you try to spin it Hater, This defense is a big improvement and has a lot more talent and depth. Give them another year and let us get our defensive line up to snuff and they might even be really good.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

I'm not angry and frustrated like the homers here are. I'm trying to enjoy a fun win. That's it.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

TatetheGreat wrote:
wyo-cat wrote:
scumdevils86 wrote:
wyo-cat wrote:

Don't feed the troll, man. Retards gonna 'tard.
That's massively disrespectful to the handicapped. And you're new here, think before you post.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Seriously, I'm enjoying a great win and the first postgame post in this thread is some "long time lurker" throwing it everyone's face that their perception is that everyone who had very valid concerns about RRs future is wrong and stupid and they were right to root root root for RR and feel validated because we have an awesome qb break out star who is performing and winning.

Way to throw a turd in the punch bowl. Thanks.
TatetheGreat

Post by TatetheGreat »

scumdevils86 wrote:That's massively disrespectful to the handicapped. And you're new here, think before you post.
You're right, you're brain dead, not retarded. Poor comparison.
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

scumdevils86 wrote:I'm not angry and frustrated like the homers here are. I'm trying to enjoy a fun win. That's it.
We are fans of the Wildcats here. I really don't understand what you are talking about.
TatetheGreat

Post by TatetheGreat »

Okay, let's let the guys who want to simultaneously celebrate a big win and rip the HC have some space. Clearly, they are not wrong about the direction of the team.
Rick Kane

Post by Rick Kane »

CalStateTempe wrote:Seriously, I'm enjoying a great win and the first postgame post in this thread is some "long time lurker" throwing it everyone's face that their perception is that everyone who had very valid concerns about RRs future is wrong and stupid and they were right to root root root for RR and feel validated because we have an awesome qb break out star who is performing and winning.

Way to throw a turd in the punch bowl. Thanks.
I have not wanted to post before because I feel like it will be too addicting. But after beating WSU and I could not take it anymore. Seeing people this week and even now still questioning Rich Rod is just beyond me.

I feel like people like you are saying

"Great we won, Tate is awesome, but Rich Rod still sucks"
Rick Kane

Post by Rick Kane »

TatetheGreat wrote:Okay, let's let the guys who want to simultaneously celebrate a big win and rip the HC have some space. Clearly, they are not wrong about the direction of the team.
Oh wait they are DEAD F*CKING WRONG
Rick Kane

Post by Rick Kane »

scumdevils86 wrote:
wyo-cat wrote:

Blind Homer? Sorry only blind person is you.
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

CalStateTempe wrote:Seriously, I'm enjoying a great win and the first postgame post in this thread is some "long time lurker" throwing it everyone's face that their perception is that everyone who had very valid concerns about RRs future is wrong and stupid and they were right to root root root for RR and feel validated because we have an awesome qb break out star who is performing and winning.
I'm kind of headed this way. I have a family. I don't seek any medals for loyalty to Arizona football anymore.

I know there are still fans out there who feel differently, but I don't need to defend myself to them, because I've never supported any other university's sports teams.

Just last week, an ASSU poster came in for general ridicule here posting his support for Todd Graham--and for good reason. The guy shows fans a couple of good games and suddenly they think they can't do any better?

USC leveled that support really fast tonight. I dearly hope that doesn't happen to us--or, at least, if it does, we cannot point to injuries as the cause.

Because--and I can't emphasize this enough--between the Trojans, Scummies and recruit-stealing Oregon Ducks, sh*t's gonna get dirty in three of our final four games.

And who's going to care about our level of loyalty to RR then? What's that going to matter if, God forbid, Tate or Taylor or some other of our bright young stars gets rolled on or cheap-shotted and our depth chart is called on to have their backs and respond?

Enjoy the win is right. It takes so much to win a Pac-12 football game every week, so many things going right, that the last thing we should do is start throwing all our weight of support behind one guy. No human can withstand that sort of pressure and eventually breaks.
Fishclamps

Post by Fishclamps »

This message board has turned into straight cancer.
OSUCat

Post by OSUCat »

First, can we stop throwing around the idea that anyone here is not a Arizona fan? It’s just BS. People might be wrong but we are Arizona Fans.

There is a strong difference between thinking RR is not the guy and wanting Arizona to fail. RR can change my mind, but he will have to earn it back. I was a big RR fan the first 3 years. Right now he has not earned it back. And it will take more than one year to get it back. If RR gets Arizona to the pac-12 championship game and lays another goose egg I won’t be happy. Did I expect a pac-12 championship? No. And would be wrong but He needs to take that next step. I’m really tired of getting my hopes up to get them crushed followed by RR looking at other jobs. That’s my gripe.
Formerly Lynx Rufus.
OSUCat

Post by OSUCat »

Fishclamps wrote:This message board has turned into straight cancer.
Which is sad. But the lack of mutual respect nation wide is a problem.
Formerly Lynx Rufus.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

I do not get the fact that some people are still hating on rr and saying this is a fluke and all that garbage.

RR saw it in Tate, give him credit for that.

RR put together from a team that went 3-9 last year to a team that is 6-2 and will likely be ranked and with a healthy Tate all year would likely be undefeated and top ten.
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
BearDown89

Post by BearDown89 »

scumdevils86 wrote:
CalStateTempe wrote:
scumdevils86 wrote:

Double amen

Because the droolers like you and your twin are too fucking stupid to acknowledge or realize it's not just Tate. A ton of other players are playing well. Receivers are catching passes they should, multiple backs are getting gobs of yards, they O-line is fucking solid, tight ends!, the D leads the league in picks, the kicker made a 57- fucking- yard FG for fuck's sakes. So no, it's not just Tate. The Team is playing very well together and a lot of young players are getting experience and developing. Things are actually maybe kinda working. But yeah, go ahead, pretend it's just one 19 yo kid.
CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

Good grief, how is threat gaining steam in the midst of a huge conference winning streak? What's the point of being a fan if you can't enjoy the winning when it comes?
“The force behind the movement of time is a mourning that will not be comforted.” author Marilynne Robinson
whatisee

Post by whatisee »

How do the windows on the bus taste today haters? Keep on licking :lol:

What happened to the Fire RR thread? Too embarrassing at this point?
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

whatisee wrote:How do the windows on the bus taste today haters? Keep on licking :lol:

This is that thread. It was renamed because everyone knows he's not getting fired this year now.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Rick Kane wrote:

Seriously?

Does Tate coach himself? Because he came in last year and looked like a total stud...oh wait

I am at a loss for words with the hate for Rich Rod and the lack of credit he gets for the success our program is having this year.

After a winning season in 2015, Rich Rod turned down a much better job in South Carolina and fired his long time defensive assistant coaches to revamp our program.

Two years later, with an extremely young team, we are playing for 1st place in November for the PAC 12 South race. Just let those words sink in

Its a borderline miracle and Rich Rod deserves a ton of credit for it
Ok, what has RR changed? If you want to convey all this credit on him, at least enlighten us on what’s different. Obviously having a QB who is fast AND doesn’t overthrow his receivers by a country mile helps.

What else? We throw occasionally to the TE. Anything else? Defense is still a work in progress. Special teams? Seems better. But the real difference maker is obviously Tate. And if you’re going to give RR all of the credit for his talent and instincts, you’re really shortchanging the kid.

Bold move to drop into our community and immediately start telling people to go be fans of a different program. I’ve been a fan and booster for decades, and in my own little way a material supporter of this website, so you can GFY.

Welcome to the board!
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

BearDown89 wrote:
scumdevils86 wrote:
CalStateTempe wrote:
scumdevils86 wrote:

Double amen

Because the droolers like you and your twin are too fucking stupid to acknowledge or realize it's not just Tate. A ton of other players are playing well. Receivers are catching passes they should, multiple backs are getting gobs of yards, they O-line is fucking solid, tight ends!, the D leads the league in picks, the kicker made a 57- fucking- yard FG for fuck's sakes. So no, it's not just Tate. The Team is playing very well together and a lot of young players are getting experience and developing. Things are actually maybe kinda working. But yeah, go ahead, pretend it's just one 19 yo kid.
I don't recall ever saying this or feeling this way. Sorry.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

whatisee wrote:How do the windows on the bus taste today haters? Keep on licking :lol:

Such a weird sentiment to me. We're all fans. Some of us just aren't total homers and need to see proof before we get all excited. Which is fine. Potato, potatoe.
Rick Kane

Post by Rick Kane »

scumdevils86 wrote:

Such a weird sentiment to me. We're all fans. Some of us just aren't total homers and need to see proof before we get all excited. Which is fine. Potato, potatoe.
Did you go to the game last night? You live in Tucson right? Do you have season tickets?
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Rick Kane wrote:
scumdevils86 wrote:

Did you go to the game last night? You live in Tucson right? Do you have season tickets?
Again, you're new here so I don't expect you to be caught up but I had to be in Phoenix to see my sick father. So go fuck yourself noob.
Rick Kane

Post by Rick Kane »

Sorry about your sick father
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

I wonder how many of you guys are regretting it right now? Don't want to brag since I haven't been back on here but man so many of you hardcore dumb@@@ are the feeling pretty stupid right now. I been saying it for since before the season started that RR will bounce this team back. Now UA is 6-2, 4-1 in pac 12 play and still see infighting.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

cordera89 wrote:I wonder how many of you guys are regretting it right now? Don't want to brag since I haven't been back on here but man so many of you hardcore dumb@@@ are the feeling pretty stupid right now. I been saying it for since before the season started that RR will bounce this team back. Now UA is 6-2, 4-1 in pac 12 play and still see infighting.
Thanks for updating the record for us captain obvious
prh

Post by prh »

Yikes I thought he was on permanent vacation
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Gotta give credit where it is due. Cordera did beat the miraculous turnaround drum all summer.

I wonder though what happens if we lose at SC and at Oregon. Will 7-4 heading into ASSU dampen some of this renewed enthusiasm? Feels like we need to win one of those away games to really be back on the upswing as far as fan support and engagement.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
whatisee

Post by whatisee »

scumdevils86 wrote:

Homer? :lol: I try to be positive and save my judgement for the end of he season for reasons such as these. Who knows how 18 year old kids are going to respond, and it keeps you from looking foolish.
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

Props to Cordy, he was the most optimistic here and put it down in posts. I was optimistic,but not as much as him.
whatisee

Post by whatisee »

Chicat wrote:Gotta give credit where it is due. Cordera did beat the miraculous turnaround drum all summer.

I wonder though what happens if we lose at SC and at Oregon. Will 7-4 heading into ASSU dampen some of this renewed enthusiasm? Feels like we need to win one of those away games to really be back on the upswing as far as fan support and engagement.

Yes he did...

3 out of the next 4 games are on the road....I think every game going forward are games this team wants to win for one reason or another.

USC/Tate....Tate is finally comfortable enough to show the Trojans why they should have recruited him at QB.
OSU....last home game
Oregon.....thieving whores. I think our current crop of true freshman want to show the kids who left and went to OU that it was a mistake
ASSU....fuck ASSU
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

The loss to OSU was my low point last season. It was embarrassing.

Time to exorcise that memory.