Sights and sounds from the Cal game.

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

dc4azcats

Sights and sounds from the Cal game.

Post by dc4azcats »

azcat49

Re: Sights and sounds from the Cal game.

Post by azcat49 »

Been waiting for this :)
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
BearDown89

Post by BearDown89 »

Still bringing the chills.

"Never Leave!"
RichRod singing Bear Down.
The camera angle on the Hill Mary catch is perfect. That has to be the cleanest Hail Mary catch ever. Perfect throw. Perfect catch.
Wilbur sporting the white hat.
Hey! Hey! Hey! - Austin Hill team ball. Very cool.
RR's genuine enthusiasm.

Zona Sway . . . . . . . . . . . incredibly beyond lame.
ANGCatFan

Post by ANGCatFan »

Awesome video!

Here is a couple more gifs on some key plays

Bondurant's interception. No doubt, "He touched the ball!"

Bondurant recovers the onside kick,

and a good combo look at the Hill Mary.
Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

dc4azcats wrote:

I love these videos and feel like they should be a great recruiting tool.

I'd like to which "Sights and Sounds" is everybody's favorite so far. Mine is the one done two years ago for the Ok State game.
2020 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2018 BEARDOWN WILDCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
2017 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2013 GOAZCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

I can't help but to watch this video over and over. The feeling it gives me is like a drug I just want to have. I watch and look at the faces of the people in the corner of the endzone and their expressions of excitement and happiness give me such a high (check out the cop in the corner of the endzone holding his helmet).

While being an AZ fan brings its ups and downs with football, emotions like this is what I wait for. This particular video I thought was so well done. Makes me damn proud to be an Arizona fan.
Last edited by azcat49 on Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
dc4azcats

Post by dc4azcats »

azcat49 wrote:I can't help but to watch this video over and over. The feeling it gives me is like a drug I just have to have. I watch and llok at the faces of the people in the corner and there expressions of excitement and happiness give me such a high (check out the cop in the corner of the endzone holding his helmet).

While being an AZ fan brings its ups and downs with football, emptions like this is what I wait for. This particular video I thought was so well done. Makes me damn proud to eb an Arizona fan.
Agree.

From where we sit we didn't have the best angle, but when I saw the guy in the blue shirt jump up I knew somebody for Arizona had caught the ball. It wasn't a well played game by UA for the first 3 quarters any stretch of the imagination but that 4th qtr had everything you would want in a football game. I hope the rest of the season goes well for the cats as that was one of those games that you will always remember being at. You go 6-6 on the year and it doesn't get remembered as much as if you go 10-2 or 11-1.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

60 fucking minutes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Salty

Post by Salty »

Proud moment
RockyRaccoon

Post by RockyRaccoon »

lol at coach Dews at 1:55.

"My ass."
I...drink...your...MILKSHAKE!

"I'm better at life than you." -RockyRaccoon/Richard Sherman

"Those that don't understand the importance of great coaching, don't understand the game." -RR

"WATCH THE GAMES" -RR
TuiTouchdown

Post by TuiTouchdown »

Love it. "Never Leave!" is right.

As an aside, I got some shit before when I voiced my opinion that I hated the silly little videos that the athletic dept was putting out over the summer ("Arizona Fast" and "Speed"). THIS right here, along with the "As Seen From The Fans" video are the types of videos that I think we should be doing. Cut it with the Hollywood shit, and do more of this.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

TuiTouchdown wrote:Love it. "Never Leave!" is right.

As an aside, I got some shit before when I voiced my opinion that I hated the silly little videos that the athletic dept was putting out over the summer ("Arizona Fast" and "Speed"). THIS right here, along with the "As Seen From The Fans" video are the types of videos that I think we should be doing. Cut it with the Hollywood shit, and do more of this.
Seems like they're successfully doing both.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
dc4azcats

Post by dc4azcats »

TuiTouchdown wrote:Love it. "Never Leave!" is right.

FWIW and I'm guessing you personally don't care but, the Speed video was nominated by FootballScoop as one of the top 4 videos released LY by any school. It didn't win the big prize but it was in the final four. I think a video from Colorado ended up getting the big prize.
azpenguin

Post by azpenguin »

I actually had a really good view from the upper deck. I normally sit in the middle of 201, but with all of the people leaving I moved over to a much better seat in 204 about 8 rows up.

Here's the thing - I have watched so many attempts at late desperate comebacks over the years, usually falling short. I'm a bitter end type of guy; I'm in the stands until 0:00 whether it's close, whether the Cats are up by 40, or whether they're down by 40. All of those years I've been waiting for that miracle comeback to actually happen. The 1985 game against UCLA was in my mind late, as I watched from a similar spot. I remembered the Rose Bowl implications of that game, and then the Cats came out flat and were left for dead as the stadium emptied. Late in the second half the Cats roared to life, and they had the ball on the 40 with time for one play. No Hail Mary; they called a short dump pass up the middle. Game over, 24-19 UCLA. This game felt eerily similar.

Four seconds left. Time for one play. This time there's no short dump pass, they're going for the end zone. Solomon gave himself a great spot out to the right, and got his feet set. Look at the ball. Look at the receivers. Look at the ball. Look at the receivers. Wait, we've got guys there. A chance?

Then everything slowed down. I saw the ball get to Hill. I saw him grab onto it for dear life. Look at the feet - they're both inbounds. Watch him fall to the ground. Does he have the ball? Yes. Austin Hill just caught it and it was clear as could be. Touchdown.

Miracle. Holy ****.

I watched the team run off the sideline and storm the corner of the endzone. Staying until 0:00 finally paid off.
BearDown89

Post by BearDown89 »

azpenguin wrote:I actually had a really good view from the upper deck. I normally sit in the middle of 201, but with all of the people leaving I moved over to a much better seat in 204 about 8 rows up.

Here's the thing - I have watched so many attempts at late desperate comebacks over the years, usually falling short. I'm a bitter end type of guy; I'm in the stands until 0:00 whether it's close, whether the Cats are up by 40, or whether they're down by 40. All of those years I've been waiting for that miracle comeback to actually happen. The 1985 game against UCLA was in my mind late, as I watched from a similar spot. I remembered the Rose Bowl implications of that game, and then the Cats came out flat and were left for dead as the stadium emptied. Late in the second half the Cats roared to life, and they had the ball on the 40 with time for one play. No Hail Mary; they called a short dump pass up the middle. Game over, 24-19 UCLA. This game felt eerily similar.

Four seconds left. Time for one play. This time there's no short dump pass, they're going for the end zone. Solomon gave himself a great spot out to the right, and got his feet set. Look at the ball. Look at the receivers. Look at the ball. Look at the receivers. Wait, we've got guys there. A chance?

Then everything slowed down. I saw the ball get to Hill. I saw him grab onto it for dear life. Look at the feet - they're both inbounds. Watch him fall to the ground. Does he have the ball? Yes. Austin Hill just caught it and it was clear as could be. Touchdown.

Miracle. Holy ****.

I watched the team run off the sideline and storm the corner of the endzone. Staying until 0:00 finally paid off.
Awesome azpenguin! Way to be a 0:00 guy (I am too btw). You earned the big play payoff after all these years. Gave me a chill reading your description - funny how you still get that thrill days later when watching the video or hearing someone else's experience.