14 Khalil Tate (Aug 2017-Aug 2018)

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

azgreg

Re: 14 Khalil Tate

Post by azgreg »

RiseAndFire wrote:This Duck blog used some very advanced metrics to see where Tate stacks up :lol: :

https://www.addictedtoquack.com/2017/11 ... ryl-streep
That's good stuff.
Who’s better: Khalil Tate, or Johnny Manziel?

The case for Manziel: He won a Heisman, he beat Bama, he had a signature hand signal, and he answered the question, “what if a can of Keystone Light was an elite athlete?”

The case for Tate: Has never lost his starting job to Josh McCown.

Khalil Tate is better.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
whatisee

Post by whatisee »

stop turning the ball over please. eat it
Robert A Booey

Post by Robert A Booey »

I hope he's okay. This Rich Rod system is tough on quarterbacks. Look what it did to Anu.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

No idea why RichRod left Tate out there after he hurt his knee or leg.

Tate turning from Michael Vick into Dan Marino isn't going to happen.
Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

Any updates or ideas on Tate’s health?
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

When you run a system where your QB is a RB, the law of averages says your QB gets hurt more than the norm.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

Bangkok Wildcat wrote:Any updates or ideas on Tate’s health?
Sounds like he's good to go
Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

Jefe wrote:
Bangkok Wildcat wrote:Any updates or ideas on Tate’s health?
Sounds like he's good to go
Thanks Jefe....hopefully he’s good to go full speed! Our Defense is going to have its hands full so our offense will need to put up big numbers to beat the scummies! BTFD.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

I did not hear the whole thing so I may have miss heard but I heard on 1580'am here in Phoenix that Sean Crespin said that Tate tore something in his non throwing shoulder. Anyone know anything about this? I don't see anything Twitter so not sure if it is true or again I could have misheard it as I didn't hear the whole thing but that's what I heard. FYI Crespin is the morning show host and also works for the asu radio broadcast, so he could be connected but I would think we would hear from Tucson media on it first.
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

During the game, they did say he had some soreness in his left shoulder. This is all on RichRod and his terrible end of first half management.

PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

Merkin wrote:During the game, they did say he had some soreness in his left shoulder. This is all on RichRod and his terrible end of first half management.
If I were Tate, I'd maybe take a look at some other schools that run an option heavy offense but have better overall talent and coaching, and think about transfering.

I love Tate but playing for RR is a recipe for injury
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

Merkin

Post by Merkin »

PieceOfMeat wrote: If I were Tate, I'd maybe take a look at some other schools that run an option heavy offense but have better overall talent and coaching, and think about transfering.

I love Tate but playing for RR is a recipe for injury
Especially with the OL graduating and 2 out of the 3 top RBs also leaving. JJ Taylor is listed at 5'6" so probably more like 5'4", so not an everydown back.

Only UA QB to make it through a season relatively injury free in the RichRod era was BJ Denker, and he had MFing Ka'deem Carey to take the pressure off.

Any head coach recruiting the same QB as RichRod only has to say two words: Anu Solomon.

RichRod's scheme just destroyed his health.

Tate of course was not recruited as a QB by anyone besides RichRod.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Georgia Tech would be a good fit for Tate if he wants to actually finish his college career without likely permanent injury or brain damage at the hands of RRod.
Alpha chiefdom

Post by Alpha chiefdom »

I need to learn how to be a big boy and use big boy words
Alpha chiefdom

Post by Alpha chiefdom »

I don't wont too hear but it's year 6. when you coach at a school like Arizona you will have your ups and downs. I think things are looking good right now you're young with an exciting talented qb that is still learning. Defense is going to get better this team can and will be scary good. Let this staff fix their problems they almost have it accomplished only a few players away from a reliable defense.

one day I'll learn how to converse like an adult
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

PHXCATS wrote:I did not hear the whole thing so I may have miss heard but I heard on 1580'am here in Phoenix that Sean Crespin said that Tate tore something in his non throwing shoulder. Anyone know anything about this? I don't see anything Twitter so not sure if it is true or again I could have misheard it as I didn't hear the whole thing but that's what I heard. FYI Crespin is the morning show host and also works for the asu radio broadcast, so he could be connected but I would think we would hear from Tucson media on it first.

There is a wrong conspiracy theory getting floated out there. Don't fall prey to it. Tate hurt his left shoulder and was a no go.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Does anyone have their Chief decoder ring handy? What does any of that mean? Is Tate's left Labrom torn or not?
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Cryptic as usual..people can change but seldom do they
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

I back RR on his dealings with Tate during the game, believe it or not. There is a vicious rumor rolling around that is anti-Tate and would be damaging to him and his career at Arizona. It’s bullshit. Tate hurt is left shoulder and was a no go. Bottom line.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

since you are so in the know, is Tate's left labrum torn?
UALoco

Post by UALoco »

It is not ethical to share the medical details of anyone, let alone a student athlete. https://www.hhs.gov/hipaa/index.html
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

chiefzona wrote:I back RR on his dealings with Tate during the game, believe it or not. There is a vicious rumor rolling around that is anti-Tate and would be damaging to him and his career at Arizona. It’s bullshit. Tate hurt is left shoulder and was a no go. Bottom line.
Would love to hear what this rumor is and how it got started.
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

UALoco wrote:It is not ethical to share the medical details of anyone, let alone a student athlete. https://www.hhs.gov/hipaa/index.html
FERPA also.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

UALoco wrote:It is not ethical to share the medical details of anyone, let alone a student athlete. https://www.hhs.gov/hipaa/index.html
It is different. We hear all the time about injuries
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

azcat49 wrote:
chiefzona wrote:I back RR on his dealings with Tate during the game, believe it or not. There is a vicious rumor rolling around that is anti-Tate and would be damaging to him and his career at Arizona. It’s bullshit. Tate hurt is left shoulder and was a no go. Bottom line.
That an easy one, Arizona fired RR, Get a new HC, New Offense system that doesn't fit his skill set. Then he transfers.

But I think it all BS because for those that think He going to end up like Anu Solomon.

It just haters.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

cordera89 wrote:
azcat49 wrote:
That an easy one, Arizona fired RR, Get a new HC, New Offense system that doesn't fit his skill set. Then he transfers.

But I think it all BS because for those that think He going to end up like Anu Solomon.

It just haters.

Not even close Cordy. Nothing to do with RR getting fired.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

chiefzona wrote:
cordera89 wrote:
azcat49 wrote:

It just haters.

Not even close Cordy. Nothing to do with RR getting fired.
Are you sure about that chief? If it not that, Then what is it?

The only rumor I heard was Tate Transferring. Where did I hear this? the Scout broad.

So what the rumor you been hearing. It can't be that one. Unless it has something to do with RR. Which is it chief.
MrMeow

Post by MrMeow »

Merkin wrote:
Uh, Greg, who was that guy sitting two seats to the right of Tate? U blind?
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Merkin wrote:

He was a RB. You have to throw the ball well as a QB. Can’t be one dimensional and expect an award.
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

chiefzona wrote:
Merkin wrote:

He was a RB. You have to throw the ball well as a QB. Can’t be one dimensional and expect an award.
Wilner had him as All Purpose. I agree with that but coaches probably didn't have that frame of mind. Alsadek and Shun more snubbed.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

btfd16 wrote:
chiefzona wrote:
Merkin wrote:

Wilner had him as All Purpose. I agree with that but coaches probably didn't have that frame of mind. Alsadek and Shun more snubbed.

I buy very little of what Wilner sells. Tate needs to understand that there are more responsibilities at QB than just running. RBs do that. He can become a RB if running is more important to him. QBs in the PAC 12 make their mark by passing. Maybe one of the coaches need to sit down and explain that to him.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Which they should cause the potential is there for his passing.
Sid

Post by Sid »

chiefzona wrote:
btfd16 wrote:
chiefzona wrote:
Merkin wrote:

I buy very little of what Wilner sells. Tate needs to understand that there are more responsibilities at QB than just running. RBs do that. He can become a RB if running is more important to him. QBs in the PAC 12 make their mark by passing. Maybe one of the coaches need to sit down and explain that to him.
Hope to God the Tate camp seeks out QB tutelage outside of Tucson. Plenty of options in So Cal to work on fine tuning his passing game in the offseason. After running into Darnold this past Summer I went online to check out his private QB coach for my son. A lot of options out there as I’m sure Chief even knows a few.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Sid.....Chris Rix helps out QBs in SoCal. He’s good. I also like Dennis Gile who is based in Scottsdale. Tate should go see him. I have zero faith in Rod Smith as a QB coach. He lacks in teaching throwing mechanics. Dawkins is a train wreck. I’ve seen HS QBs throw better than that.
Sid

Post by Sid »

chiefzona wrote:Sid.....Chris Rix helps out QBs in SoCal. He’s good. I also like Dennis Gile who is based in Scottsdale. Tate should go see him. I have zero faith in Rod Smith as a QB coach. He lacks in teaching throwing mechanics. Dawkins is a train wreck. I’ve seen HS QBs throw better than that.
Good stuff Chief. Not familar with Gile, but any reputable private QB coach I think would do a world of good for Tate. Kind of like that beach concept thing though, very similar to the George Whitfield QB workouts. I was blown away by the throws Sam and the ND QB were slinging. Trying to make accurate throws with a wet ball and waves crashing on your head is nuts! Again, a lot of opportunity at his disposal and I hope Tate seeks it out....
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

Sid wrote:
chiefzona wrote:Sid.....Chris Rix helps out QBs in SoCal. He’s good. I also like Dennis Gile who is based in Scottsdale. Tate should go see him. I have zero faith in Rod Smith as a QB coach. He lacks in teaching throwing mechanics. Dawkins is a train wreck. I’ve seen HS QBs throw better than that.
Good stuff Chief. Not familar with Gile, but any reputable private QB coach I think would do a world of good for Tate. Kind of like that beach concept thing though, very similar to the George Whitfield QB workouts. I was blown away by the throws Sam and the ND QB were slinging. Trying to make accurate throws with a wet ball and waves crashing on your head is nuts! Again, a lot of opportunity at his disposal and I hope Tate seeks it out....
I'm down for Tate to see someone like that, but I am trying to think where he finds the time between spring football, 2-3 weeks at home, summer workouts, etc. Maybe Saturday's during spring? That's tough for a college kid to be in Scottsdale every weekend.
MrMeow

Post by MrMeow »

Yay, we agree on something. All one has to do is look at Smith's track record. Not one QB who can consistently pass well in his 6 years at UA. Such a joke. The danger in Tate being tutored by someone who knows what he is doing in the off season is Smith will fuck it back up once formal practice starts. The man is a liability.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

UAEebs86 wrote:
Fuck
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Tate ain't going anywhere.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Does he talk in 3rd person all the time?
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

azgreg

Post by azgreg »

azgreg

Post by azgreg »

NYCat

Post by NYCat »

azgreg wrote:
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

3rd fav wow. He'll get his stats we just need to win games. Like Fromm at 12/1. Herbert I like, but he Oregon too need to win. Don't like Trace without Barkley. Tua hasn't even played a full game and is 4th.. Shows how crazy the public will be on him.
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

http://www.espn.com/blog/ncfnation/post ... ting-class
Tate was a four-star, dual-threat prospect out of California with a good-sized offer list who chose Arizona as his landing spot. He is an interesting player because he was so explosive for Arizona but didn't open the season as the starter his second year. It took Brandon Dawkins' injury to give Tate the time to show what he can do, and he put on a show the rest of the way. He earned four straight Pac-12 Player of the Week awards, ran for 327 yards against Colorado, threw for 14 touchdowns and ran for 12 more. Tate ranked fourth in quarterback rushing yards behind Army's Ahmad Bradshaw, 2016 Heisman winner Lamar Jackson and Navy's Zach Abey. He did all of that while attempting only nine passes and running the ball 10 times through the first four games.