2018 Arizona Wildcats football team

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

whatisee

Re: 2018 Arizona Wildcats football team

Post by whatisee »

chiefzona wrote:
tgrumpy2 wrote:
chiefzona wrote:
tgrumpy2 wrote:You people need to go back and look at football attendance. When we win, people come to the games. When we lose, they don't. It always lags a year. We lost last year and people didn't show up this year. We won this year and attendance will pick up. If we keep winning next year I expect it will even get better. For people to sit back and say its all because of a coach they don't like, I'm not buying it. The bottom line is win.

Isn’t winning on the coach? 24-30 Conference record.
yea and who else has taken us to a P12 South championship and five bowl games in six years. I'll say it again, I don't think the fans as a whole care what the conference record is. If we're winning they'll be watching. You can sit there and stir your shit pot all you want but the truth is what it is.

The truth is that after 6 full seasons as Arizona’s HC, he is 24-30 in the PAC 12. You can spin it and get all bent outta shape but that doesn’t change the truth.
Here's a spin...he won the PAC12 South and had us playing in the Fiesta Bowl again just like someone else who walks on water around here. That was a BCS bowl game Btw

I think the 2018 has the ability to do it again with a favorable schedule.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

whatisee wrote:
chiefzona wrote:
tgrumpy2 wrote:
chiefzona wrote:
tgrumpy2 wrote:You people need to go back and look at football attendance. When we win, people come to the games. When we lose, they don't. It always lags a year. We lost last year and people didn't show up this year. We won this year and attendance will pick up. If we keep winning next year I expect it will even get better. For people to sit back and say its all because of a coach they don't like, I'm not buying it. The bottom line is win.

Isn’t winning on the coach? 24-30 Conference record.
yea and who else has taken us to a P12 South championship and five bowl games in six years. I'll say it again, I don't think the fans as a whole care what the conference record is. If we're winning they'll be watching. You can sit there and stir your shit pot all you want but the truth is what it is.

The truth is that after 6 full seasons as Arizona’s HC, he is 24-30 in the PAC 12. You can spin it and get all bent outta shape but that doesn’t change the truth.
Here's a spin...he won the PAC12 South and had us playing in the Fiesta Bowl again just like someone else who walks on water around here. That was a BCS bowl game Btw

I think the 2018 has the ability to do it again with a favorable schedule.
Yeah in 2014. Then got embarrassed in the Fiesta Bowl. Then:

2015: 7-6 3-6
2016: 3-9 1-8
whatisee

Post by whatisee »

However you want to spin it bro
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

whatisee wrote:However you want to spin it bro
Hate to defend chief here but are you implying that posting our win loss record is somehow spin?
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
whatisee

Post by whatisee »

ASUHATER! wrote:
Hate to defend chief here but are you implying that posting our win loss record is somehow spin?
When you leave out 2017 you’re telling a story to fit your narrative. So yes. Spin it however you want bro.
UALoco

Post by UALoco »

whatisee wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:
When you leave out 2017 you’re telling a story to fit your narrative. So yes. Spin it however you want bro.
2017 doesn't fit their narrative.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

So, after 6 seasons you guys are good with a 24-30 conference record?
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

UALoco wrote:
whatisee wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:

That’s because he should’ve been fired during the 2016 season. Arizona could’ve hired any Tom, Dick, or Harry to come in 2017 and have the football intelligence to start Tate over Dawkins in the first game and go
7-5 5-4 at least. Now Arizona fans have to sit, watch, and wait.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

UALoco wrote:
whatisee wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:
The attendance numbers fit my narrative completely.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

azgreg wrote:So, after 6 seasons you guys are good with a 24-30 conference record?

I’m thinking that they are. Like pigs who slosh around in the pen of mediocrity. Because to them....this is the best Arizona can do. They cannot compete with the USCs, UCLAs, and ASUs. They’d rather get embarrassed against ASU and the coach they fired right after the game who had a better conference record than RR in 6 years that he coached at ASU. Gluttons for punishment.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

ASU fans for Rich Rod. I’ve already seen the shirts. Let the embarrassment continue.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

chiefzona wrote:
azgreg wrote:So, after 6 seasons you guys are good with a 24-30 conference record?

I’m thinking that they are. Like pigs who slosh around in the pen of mediocrity. Because to them....this is the best Arizona can do. They cannot compete with the USCs, UCLAs, and ASUs. They’d rather get embarrassed against ASU and the coach they fired right after the game who had a better conference record than RR in 6 years that he coached at ASU. Gluttons for punishment.
The past is the past. I saw great improvement this year and want to see what can be done this year. Plus UA has a lot working against it so hiring a quality coach now would not be easy.

Let it ride this year and if it starts going South have Heeke start planting seeds early.
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
whatisee

Post by whatisee »

ChooChooCat wrote:
UALoco wrote:
whatisee wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:
Well if you believe in the survey results versus the crying football fans you would understand the majority of the fans are staying away or going elsewhere is because the lack of amenities at the stadium. Let em have beer. Upgrade the seats and the Shitters. Give the fans what they want.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

UALoco wrote:
whatisee wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:
So 7-5 and losing 3 of 4 and to ASU is a good season?

7-5 100% perfectly fits the "narrative" that RR sucks. Without Tate we'd have been 4-8.

tgrumpy2

Post by tgrumpy2 »

chiefzona wrote:

Chief, you in my book are now officially unhinged. lol. Good God man, back up and read some of the stuff you're posting. Not one person on this board is settling for mediocrity. Not one. Most of us just think the window for firing RR was a year ago. I'm gonna bet if we take a backward step next year everyone will be on your bandwagon. But because we're not demanding he be fired now, we're all pigs? PIGS? You piece of shit. LOL And continually implying you know more about football because why? Well because your daddy was a football coach. And then you tell us....oh there's ....there's stuff I can't say.....I can't go in 100% because.....shhhhhhh because people come here and monitor me and they steal my stuff. You need to go back on your medication.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Without Tate? Give me a break. Oklahoma suck because they have Mayfield who walked on at TT? Jimbo suck since his QB got hurt and they sucked?
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

whatisee wrote:
Well if you believe in the survey results versus the crying football fans you would understand the majority of the fans are staying away or going elsewhere is because the lack of amenities at the stadium. Let em have beer. Upgrade the seats and the Shitters. Give the fans what they want.
Good luck paying for it all.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

whatisee wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:

Got to have fans in the seats to afford all of the amenities unless Moreno ponies millions which we all know ain’t happening.
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

I am right in the middle of the argument, but the critics seem to leave out an important part.... the buyout. Nothing else matters if we literally can’t afford to get rid of him. He was always going to stay even with a mediocre season
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

btfd16 wrote:I am right in the middle of the argument, but the critics seem to leave out an important part.... the buyout. Nothing else matters if we literally can’t afford to get rid of him. He was always going to stay even with a mediocre season
More fans at the games means more money for the buyout
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

I'm not paying my hard earned money to watch a shit to mediocre coach. Period. You don't get it.
tgrumpy2

Post by tgrumpy2 »

btfd16 wrote:I am right in the middle of the argument, but the critics seem to leave out an important part.... the buyout. Nothing else matters if we literally can’t afford to get rid of him. He was always going to stay even with a mediocre season

This is exactly what a lot of people fail to mention, the buyout. Then what, we fire RR and pay him off and who do we hire? A head coach from the WAC or the Mountain West? Maybe an OC or DC from the SEC. Doesn't matter, whoever you hire we're gonna wait and see how he does just like we're doing now with RR. I know, we can hire an analyst that hasn't coached anyone in ten years. Chief thinks anyone that isn't on the fire RR bandwagon now is a pig wallowing in mediocrity. Some people have personal issues and don't have a grip on reality. Personally I'm tired of starting over and then winding up with the same result. If RR can turn it around and it looks as if he might, then let him.
tgrumpy2

Post by tgrumpy2 »

scumdevils86 wrote:I'm not paying my hard earned money to watch a shit to mediocre coach. Period. You don't get it.
So tell me, is it the mediocre to shit team you don't pay to watch or the coach? I'll bet you only think about the coach when the team is losing. I'll bet when the team is winning you don't give the coach a second thought. That is my issue with attendance. Fans in Tucson will pay to see a winner and they don't think about the coach.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Heeke has the buyout money already.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

tgrumpy2 wrote:
scumdevils86 wrote:I'm not paying my hard earned money to watch a shit to mediocre coach. Period. You don't get it.
So tell me, is it the mediocre to shit team you don't pay to watch or the coach? I'll bet you only think about the coach when the team is losing. I'll bet when the team is winning you don't give the coach a second thought. That is my issue with attendance. Fans in Tucson will pay to see a winner and they don't think about the coach.
And you have to have a not shit coach to be a winner. The two go hand in hand.

tgrumpy2

Post by tgrumpy2 »

ASUHATER! wrote:
tgrumpy2 wrote:

Yea and in the past six years we've have a P12 South championship and only one losing season. Oh wait and it just so happens the attendance dropped off after that turd of a losing season we had last year. Gosh lets see how it does this Fall.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

tgrumpy2 wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:
tgrumpy2 wrote:

Yea and in the past six years we've have a P12 South championship and only one losing season. Oh wait and it just so happens the attendance dropped off after that turd of a losing season we had last year. Gosh lets see how it does this Fall.
You can't use the OOC to judge this coach. We have played one P5 team in RR's 6 years. One. The only legitimate schedule to use is conference play and he has four losing seasons in six.
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

chiefzona wrote:Heeke has the buyout money already.
Prove it
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Down another QB, and Dawkins thinking of going the grad transfer route, and Jamarye Joiner not signing in December.

tgrumpy2

Post by tgrumpy2 »

azgreg wrote:
tgrumpy2 wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:
tgrumpy2 wrote:

You can't use the OOC to judge this coach. We have played one P5 team in RR's 6 years. One. The only legitimate schedule to use is conference play and he has four losing seasons in six.

Since when don't we count OOC wins? I know if we lost you'd be counting them. We sure count them when figuring bowl eligibility and count them if they become necessary for some tie breaker. Five years from now the only fans that will be thinking of how many conference games we didn't win will be you and Chief and that asseater guy.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

tgrumpy2 wrote:
azgreg wrote:
tgrumpy2 wrote:Yea and in the past six years we've have a P12 South championship and only one losing season. Oh wait and it just so happens the attendance dropped off after that turd of a losing season we had last year. Gosh lets see how it does this Fall.

Since when don't we count OOC wins? I know if we lost you'd be counting them. We sure count them when figuring bowl eligibility and count them if they become necessary for some tie breaker. Five years from now the only fans that will be thinking of how many conference games we didn't win will be you and Chief and that asseater guy.
Fine, go ahead and go 3-0 with your shitty OOC schedule then go 3-6 or 4-5 in conference and bask in all your mediocre glory.

TatetheGreat

Post by TatetheGreat »

Merkin wrote:Down another QB, and Dawkins thinking of going the grad transfer route, and Jamarye Joiner not signing in December.

He was never a viable option at QB. K'Hari Lane is our #2 even if we sign Jamarye Joiner. I hope Joiner soon realizes his best shot is as a WR. Otherwise, he follows the D. Tate route to FCS QB.
tgrumpy2

Post by tgrumpy2 »

azgreg wrote:
tgrumpy2 wrote:
azgreg wrote:
tgrumpy2 wrote:Yea and in the past six years we've have a P12 South championship and only one losing season. Oh wait and it just so happens the attendance dropped off after that turd of a losing season we had last year. Gosh lets see how it does this Fall.

Fine, go ahead and go 3-0 with your shitty OOC schedule then go 3-6 or 4-5 in conference and bask in all your mediocre glory.

You worry to much. I would never let you drag me down to your level. That's why I try to keep it simple for you and merely explain how and why we count OOC games.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

tgrumpy2 wrote:You worry to much. I would never let you drag me down to your level. That's why I try to keep it simple for you and merely explain how and why we count OOC games.
Sure it counts when you are just adding up wins and losses, but when you use a record to evaluate a coach SOS comes into play. Mediocre results with a weak SOS equals shitty coach.

Take Bill Snyder for example. Kansas St routinely plays a weak OOC but he has an overall conference record of 125-84-1 with two conference titles. RR doesn't compare.

Any other school (except maybe Oregon St) would have let him go already.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

azgreg wrote:
tgrumpy2 wrote:You worry to much. I would never let you drag me down to your level. That's why I try to keep it simple for you and merely explain how and why we count OOC games.
Sure it counts when you are just adding up wins and losses, but when you use a record to evaluate a coach SOS comes into play. Mediocre results with a weak SOS equals shitty coach.

Take Bill Snyder for example. Kansas St routinely plays a weak OOC but he has an overall conference record of 125-84-1 with two conference titles. RR doesn't compare.

And hire who?
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

PHXCATS wrote:
azgreg wrote:

And hire who?
Anybody who appears qualified to whomever is doing the hiring. The RR experiment didn't work unless your goal is mediocrity.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

azgreg wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:
azgreg wrote:

And hire who?
Anybody who appears qualified to whomever is doing the hiring. The RR experiment didn't work unless your goal is mediocrity.
U of A will be favored or 2nd favorite in the South. Very very very few people UA can get would put UA in that position. The right thing is to see if RR continues to build
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

azgreg wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:
azgreg wrote:

And hire who?
What happen if RR doesn't get fired & succeed in 2018? What excuses are you going keep making down the road. I Don't care if He win 7-8 or 9 a year to say his experiment didn't work. Well that experiment manage to turnaround the worst season in 2016 to a positive season in 2017 regardless how many game they won. Despite how your so damn near hoping that 2018 would be the year he get canned. Don't try to say you weren't on the bandwagon when half of the board was gunning for him to be gone during the 2017 season.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

cordera89 wrote:What happen if RR doesn't get fired & succeed in 2018? What excuses are you going keep making down the road.
Since I haven't made any excuses I can't keep making them can I?
I Don't care if He win 7-8 or 9 a year to say his experiment didn't work. Well that experiment manage to turnaround the worst season in 2016 to a positive season in 2017 regardless how many game they won.
The experiment has resulted in 6 years of poor recruiting and a 34-40 conference record.
Despite how your so damn near hoping that 2018 would be the year he get canned.
Show me where I stated I hope he fails. I'll wait.
Don't try to say you weren't on the bandwagon when half of the board was gunning for him to be gone during the 2017 season.
I was on the side of those who wanted him fired (still am). That's want a fan wants when the team has a shitty coach. If Dawkins didn't get hurt at Colorado we never would have seen Tate, and next year we're one hit on Tate away from going 3-9 or 4-8.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Conference records since 2012.

Stanford - 41-13
USC - 38-16
Oregon - 36-18
Washington - 33-21
ASU - 31-23
UCLA - 29-25
Washington St - 26-28
Arizona - 24-30
Utah - 24-30
Oregon St - 14-40
California - 14 - 40
Colorado - 13-41

That's not good enough for me and frankly how Willingham and Hawkins still have jobs is a puzzle.
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

azgreg wrote:
cordera89 wrote:What happen if RR doesn't get fired & succeed in 2018? What excuses are you going keep making down the road.
Since I haven't made any excuses I can't keep making them can I?
Pretty much you & everyone on this broad want his ass gone, 2017 was suppose to be that year? I can hear it now.
I Don't care if He win 7-8 or 9 a year to say his experiment didn't work. Well that experiment manage to turnaround the worst season in 2016 to a positive season in 2017 regardless how many game they won.
The experiment has resulted in 6 years of poor recruiting and a 34-40 conference record.
1. Conference record doesn't mean shit since that the only thing your bitching at. 2. If that experiment fail in 6 full season? Why did RR get 5 winning season, 1 division title, 1 PAC 12 title game appearance, 1 10 wins season, 1 BCS Bowl game appearance, 1 losing season & 5 Bowl game appearances, plus he made changes to his coaching staff and his recruiting approach. Is their anything else I'm missing.
Despite how your so damn near hoping that 2018 would be the year he get canned.
Show me where I stated I hope he fails. I'll wait.
You & everyone else on this broad want him gone regardless & the 2018 season? He most likely going to succeed that no matter how many game he need to win 7-8 or 9 & Qualify for a bowl game. If that doesn't matter to you or everyone else on this broad because you all hate Mediocre, Then what is the point of finishing a winning record and making it to bowl game & build off that each and every year. .
Don't try to say you weren't on the bandwagon when half of the board was gunning for him to be gone during the 2017 season.
I was on the side of those who wanted him fired (still am). That's want a fan wants when the team has a shitty coach. If Dawkins didn't get hurt at Colorado we never would have seen Tate, and next year we're one hit on Tate away from going 3-9 or 4-8.
Beating the dead house and using Tate as an escape goat of what if scenario. Did it happen? Did Arizona lose to Colorado? Did Arizona finish 4-8? Did Arizona fired RR? All I saw was Arizona football team overcame their worst season to improve from 3-9 to 7-5.
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

azgreg wrote:Conference records since 2012.

Stanford - 41-13
USC - 38-16
Oregon - 36-18
Washington - 33-21
ASU - 31-23
UCLA - 29-25
Washington St - 26-28
Arizona - 24-30
Utah - 24-30
Oregon St - 14-40
California - 14 - 40
Colorado - 13-41

That's not good enough for me and frankly how Willingham and Hawkins still have jobs is a puzzle.
I wonder how many other PAC 12 fanbase are complaining about Their HC Conference Record being a norm when It doesn't mean jack shit. Arizona isn't god in the PAC 12 & never was. If you want to keep using this a stepping stone by trying to tell every dumb motherfucker that Arizona should be winning the PAC 12 South every year and Winning the PAC 12 Title every year. I got nothing to say to you.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Fine, let's address some of your points. Nobody here has said they want RR to fail. Other PAC 12 fanbases are complaining about their head coaches. Conference records are far more important than OOC. Nobody here is saying we should win the south and conference titles every year, that's just more of your hyperbolic bullshit that you like to spout.
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

azgreg wrote:Fine, let's address some of your points. Nobody here has said they want RR to fail.
I believe their are people on this broad that would love to see RR gone.
Other PAC 12 fanbases are complaining about their head coaches.
And were complaining about RR conference record?
Conference records are far more important than OOC.
Conference Record doesn't say or tell that the overall of the football team is garbage if they have a winning record overall. We should not care about overall record regardless.
Nobody here is saying we should win the south and conference titles every year, that's just more of your hyperbolic bullshit that you like to spout.
It not bullshit, It the hard truth that goes on this broad. Everyone here is treating Arizona like they can even if they don't say it but they will imply it.

I'm done talking.
Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

"All I saw was a team overcoming it's worse season to go from 3-9 to 7-5. "

Cordy has a point.
2020 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2018 BEARDOWN WILDCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
2017 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2013 GOAZCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Not really
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

RR is on auto pilot.

This "dream season" heralding "an upswing in Arizona football" is because RR's starter got injuries and we have some decent hungry youth on defense. Not to mention a AB with the balls to go outside the playbook and called plays from RR. And he was producing so what's R4 gonna say. Nothing cause he has a fat retention bonus coming in a few months.

It's year 7 people. I'd buy the "things Are like Iooking up up up" if it was early in the tenure, but RRs gone stale like a Home Depot Christmas tree. And just like that tree, I gave it daily water and an abundance of resources but it still rained needles and became dry. Time to throw both out.

And before the sycophants chime in " but who ya gonna get to replace him" I am fully aware RR isn't going anywhere, but that doesn't mean I have to be ok with mediocrity.
ramcat

Post by ramcat »

Nice additions to the trenches, TE's, LB, and overall size for 2018.

https://www.azdesertswarm.com/recruitin ... s-unsigned" target="_blank
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

What's the chance we hire a tackling in the off season?
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Thank God for Tate, otherwise interest in the team next season would be at an all time 120 year historical low. Heeke has gotta make a change to save this program from becoming Kansas 2.0.