2017 Foster Farms Bowl discussion thread

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Harvey Specter

Re: 2017 Foster Farms Bowl discussion thread

Post by Harvey Specter »

whatisee wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:
Not surprising at all watching how Arizona reacted to the play.
Boo fucking hoo. To the victor go the spoils.

And the losers the whine.
prh

Post by prh »

Sounds like Purdue did initiate it (from other tweets I've seen). If RR has them rush a couple times at the end of the game, that creates a platform to nationally call them out. This story isn't going anywhere outside the post game presser and some very small twitter threads.
Lofty

Post by Lofty »

Well, hell. That was a good effort by the Wildcats last night. Some bad breaks/bad calls played a huge role and ultimately, in my mind, determined the outcome of the game. The missed facemask on Tate, and the roughing the punter on the subsequent possession were big. I thought 21 was blocked into the punter, and that there was a flop, as well. The fumble at the minute mark of first half did look like a fumble, unfortunately, and that played huge. Allowed Purdue to get the deciding three points before half, instead of AZ getting 3 or better. BALLGAME.

Overall, somewhat optimistic for next year, but the defense has to improve, and can't do worse. So much youth. They can't help but get better. They were absolutely atrocious all year. Second, I love what Tate brings, but goddamnit, HE HAS TO LEARN HOW TO SIMPLY THROW THE GODDAMN BALL OUT OF BOUNDS INSTEAD OF TAKING NEEDLESS SACKS. He costs 5-6 yards when he does that. It's just STUPID.

That'll be all!
DaddyO'Cat

Post by DaddyO'Cat »

Lofty wrote:Well, hell. That was a good effort by the Wildcats last night. Some bad breaks/bad calls played a huge role and ultimately, in my mind, determined the outcome of the game. The missed facemask on Tate, and the roughing the punter on the subsequent possession were big. I thought 21 was blocked into the punter, and that there was a flop, as well. The fumble at the minute mark of first half did look like a fumble, unfortunately, and that played huge. Allowed Purdue to get the deciding three points before half, instead of AZ getting 3 or better. BALLGAME.

Overall, somewhat optimistic for next year, but the defense has to improve, and can't do worse. So much youth. They can't help but get better. They were absolutely atrocious all year. Second, I love what Tate brings, but goddamnit, HE HAS TO LEARN HOW TO SIMPLY THROW THE GODDAMN BALL OUT OF BOUNDS INSTEAD OF TAKING NEEDLESS SACKS. He costs 5-6 yards when he does that. It's just STUPID.

That'll be all!
I had wanted to ask if anyone had seen that all night. About how the blocker literally took Taylor's momentum and threw him towards the punter, as if it was designed, and they got the call even though the punter still had to flop. Only thing I'm unsure of is if the refs just fell for it or were complacent with sticking it to rr which doesn't look good considering if it's true they were telling UA not to do anything on that fake kneel. Due to the current commitments with upgraded size across the board UA should be better but that's unfortunate because it's not due to rr himself and he does not deserve to be there. With all the stories of him turning down special teams players I really think the man just wants a windfall and go back to the booth. With the added bonus of having made for an exciting time for his family and buddies who were even worse than he is, thus being wholly unqualified the entire time. Constantly amazes me how much low IQ but slick talkers get away with.
CatMG

Post by CatMG »

prh wrote: Sounds like Purdue did initiate it (from other tweets I've seen). If RR has them rush a couple times at the end of the game, that creates a platform to nationally call them out. This story isn't going anywhere outside the post game presser and some very small twitter threads.
Yep should have blasted the shit of them on the final kneel downs. It is completely pathetic that team fakes a kneel down when they aren't having much trouble moving the ball anyway. It is beyond pathetic if Purdue discussed it with the refs and had them tell the Cats to lay off.