The #2 punter in Junior College plays at Pima

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

UAdevil

Re: The #2 punter in Junior College plays at Pima

Post by UAdevil »

Heisman "favorite"?
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
Rick Kane

Post by Rick Kane »

ChooChooCat wrote:
Rick Kane wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:
jimson wrote:"but...but....... he might not even have known the kid was a rapist and that makes RR even worse" LOL. You haters are funny.
Name a valid reason to want RR as head coach.

Nevermind, I don't feel like waiting for eternity.
Because while rich rod is not nick saban he is a decent coach and his teams are fun to watch and the players like playing for him. Notice how four former players of his are on our staff

And if we fire him we have a decent to good chance of hiring someone way worse like John Mackovic or some other retread.

Don’t believe me, look at ASU this year. They fired a decent coach and their program is going to fall in the crapper. Dumbest move ever and will set ASU back ten years. I am glad they did it but graham was a decent to good coach.

This is Arizona football. I am not dumb enough to think we can be anything great so I accept what we are and enjoy it. Because again this is sports, not real life so I have almost no control over it. Well a little bit more control since the athletic department knows who I am where many here are nobody’s to them.

My advice to people like you is go cheer for Alabama. Pull a Byrne and go somewhere that can achieve great football success. Demanding success for Arizona football is fucking stupid. We have never been a successful program. Demanding success for a sports team in general is fucking stupid as fans have so little control. Demanding or wanting success when you do not financially support a sport is the worst of them all.
ASU fired their coach, who had a better conference record than RR and had a winning record versus RR and paid him a $12 million buyout and all of that just to hire a guy who hasn't coached in a decade and hasn't coached in college for 3 decades. Arizona could fire RR tomorrow and still wouldn't have made as stupid of a decision as ASU just did. Fire RR after next season and his buyout is minimal and you go out there and hire the best possible candidate you can. The odds of getting a Mackovic are ridiculously slim, because where the hell else has a situation like that ever occurred? Baylor basketball with Bliss?

The fear of "Oh no we can hire Mackovic again" crap is so stupid I don't even know where to begin unless of course we move the football offices back into McKale and demolish the entire north end zone.
Arizona is not a great job or even a good job so we are not going to be able to hire a proven winner like a Lute Olson. We will have to hire either

A head coach from a non Power 5 school
A fired head coach from a Power 5 school
Or upcoming assistant coach

The challenge with a head coach from a non power 5 school is on the west coast there are few great non Power 5 schools. So then we are hiring someone from the mid west or east coast with no west coast connections probably

A fired head coach rarely works out well

Upcoming assistant coach can but they will either suck or leave for a better job

We might not hire mackovic again but good chance we hire Mike Stoops or for that matter maybe someone just like Rich Rod and we are in the same place

We had success under Tomey because we rode out a couple bad years he had and was not stupid to fire him. When we finally did it turned into a massive mistake. At places like Arizona you don’t fire football coaches with winning records. Especially in a situation like we are in where our entire team is young and future does look pretty good especially compared to our PAC 12 south brethern.

Rich Rod loses 6 games next year and loses to asu, let’s fire him but until then I support him 10000%. And I’m concerned with who we hire next
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

lol it is odd that people don't realize that the business of college football isn't the same as it was in 1999, or 1989 or any other year before that.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Rick Kane wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:
Rick Kane wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:
jimson wrote:"but...but....... he might not even have known the kid was a rapist and that makes RR even worse" LOL. You haters are funny.
Name a valid reason to want RR as head coach.

Nevermind, I don't feel like waiting for eternity.
Because while rich rod is not nick saban he is a decent coach and his teams are fun to watch and the players like playing for him. Notice how four former players of his are on our staff

And if we fire him we have a decent to good chance of hiring someone way worse like John Mackovic or some other retread.

Don’t believe me, look at ASU this year. They fired a decent coach and their program is going to fall in the crapper. Dumbest move ever and will set ASU back ten years. I am glad they did it but graham was a decent to good coach.

This is Arizona football. I am not dumb enough to think we can be anything great so I accept what we are and enjoy it. Because again this is sports, not real life so I have almost no control over it. Well a little bit more control since the athletic department knows who I am where many here are nobody’s to them.

My advice to people like you is go cheer for Alabama. Pull a Byrne and go somewhere that can achieve great football success. Demanding success for Arizona football is fucking stupid. We have never been a successful program. Demanding success for a sports team in general is fucking stupid as fans have so little control. Demanding or wanting success when you do not financially support a sport is the worst of them all.
ASU fired their coach, who had a better conference record than RR and had a winning record versus RR and paid him a $12 million buyout and all of that just to hire a guy who hasn't coached in a decade and hasn't coached in college for 3 decades. Arizona could fire RR tomorrow and still wouldn't have made as stupid of a decision as ASU just did. Fire RR after next season and his buyout is minimal and you go out there and hire the best possible candidate you can. The odds of getting a Mackovic are ridiculously slim, because where the hell else has a situation like that ever occurred? Baylor basketball with Bliss?

The fear of "Oh no we can hire Mackovic again" crap is so stupid I don't even know where to begin unless of course we move the football offices back into McKale and demolish the entire north end zone.
Arizona is not a great job or even a good job so we are not going to be able to hire a proven winner like a Lute Olson. We will have to hire either

A head coach from a non Power 5 school
A fired head coach from a Power 5 school
Or upcoming assistant coach

The challenge with a head coach from a non power 5 school is on the west coast there are few great non Power 5 schools. So then we are hiring someone from the mid west or east coast with no west coast connections probably

A fired head coach rarely works out well

Upcoming assistant coach can but they will either suck or leave for a better job

We might not hire mackovic again but good chance we hire Mike Stoops or for that matter maybe someone just like Rich Rod and we are in the same place

We had success under Tomey because we rode out a couple bad years he had and was not stupid to fire him. When we finally did it turned into a massive mistake. At places like Arizona you don’t fire football coaches with winning records. Especially in a situation like we are in where our entire team is young and future does look pretty good especially compared to our PAC 12 south brethern.

Rich Rod loses 6 games next year and loses to asu, let’s fire him but until then I support him 10000%. And I’m concerned with who we hire next
Hell you don't even consider Arizona a good job? Hell wtf are we wasting our time then? Let's just bulldoze Arizona Stadium and join the WCC.

It's interesting how you're backing RR, yet you think previously fired head coaches rarely works out well.

I'm all for Arizona being a place where you hire hungry up and coming coordinators who can recruit well. That's what Arizona should hire every single time they have a football opening. In the end either that guy doesn't end up succeeding, but you didn't pay much for him so no harm no foul, or he succeeds and moves on. Rinse and repeat. There's nothing wrong with that set up for Arizona football at all and yes that set up includes hiring Mike Stoops, who wasn't awful, brought us out of the crater we were in, but when we let him go it was the correct time to do so. That situation is certainly better than hiring another retread, which is what Byrne's mistake was.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Give me Major Applewhite. I think he'd take a mediocre Power 5 job while he waits for Texas to come open again.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Chicat wrote:Give me Major Applewhite. I think he'd take a mediocre Power 5 job while he waits for Texas to come open again.
Absolutely the type of hire Arizona should make. Young, up and coming, could recruit like a mad man.
TatetheGreat

Post by TatetheGreat »

FlyonWall wrote:
TatetheGreat wrote:And not for nothing, Bowers looks like a high-character guy. He's unlikely to be a bust for off-field issues. Proven track record, committed to success, not a headcase. Checks all the boxes. He could get injured like any other player, but see above.
Depends on your definition of high-character. He did say he was sorry though.

http://www.nj.com/education/2016/11/im_ ... te_af.html
Jesus, I take back what I said. I really should have researched more than his stats and twitter feed. We need to find a decent punter, though.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Looks like it was more long snapping than punting
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

PHXCATS wrote:Looks like it was more long snapping than punting
Welp.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

ChooChooCat wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:Looks like it was more long snapping than punting
Welp.
That one was very bad but the others were good
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Yes the other 20 yard punt was great. Good lord
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

It was crazier when Ragle was running ST. He was so ignorant on ST that Arizona outsourced Watts for kicking and punting. I contacted a team official about a K/P who was #1 in OC to audition for the team. I was given Watt's number and he proceeded to tell me that he knew the kid I was helping and that it was a home run if he was given a chance. He also said that the kid needed to learn how to "rodeo" punt because that was RR's baby with ST. Low hang time and as close to the ground you can get. When I laughed, Watts assured me that RR was the only coach using this punting method. So the kid practiced it and was awaiting an audition time to be scheduled because he was driving from SoCal with his parents. Watts called me back and gave me the next Saturday in the morn at the stadium.......On Friday afternoon he called and said that RR changed his mind and told him to tell me that the kid needed to enroll at Pima in the summer and in two years he could walk on. I had to call the kid and tell him and his parents this while they were already in Yuma. Needless to say, it was an unfavorable situation and they were pissed. The kid now plays for a D1 school on a scholie and he is killing it. These situations have been common place with RR. He did a similiar thing to a top LA RB I had and dissed him for an Arizona summer camp. Just saying......problem is that SoCal is small as far as the football world goes and word travels quickly. He is not well-received.....
Sid

Post by Sid »

chiefzona wrote:It was crazier when Ragle was running ST. He was so ignorant on ST that Arizona outsourced Watts for kicking and punting. I contacted a team official about a K/P who was #1 in OC to audition for the team. I was given Watt's number and he proceeded to tell me that he knew the kid I was helping and that it was a home run if he was given a chance. He also said that the kid needed to learn how to "rodeo" punt because that was RR's baby with ST. Low hang time and as close to the ground you can get. When I laughed, Watts assured me that RR was the only coach using this punting method. So the kid practiced it and was awaiting an audition time to be scheduled because he was driving from SoCal with his parents. Watts called me back and gave me the next Saturday in the morn at the stadium.......On Friday afternoon he called and said that RR changed his mind and told him to tell me that the kid needed to enroll at Pima in the summer and in two years he could walk on. I had to call the kid and tell him and his parents this while they were already in Yuma. Needless to say, it was an unfavorable situation and they were pissed. The kid now plays for a D1 school on a scholie and he is killing it. These situations have been common place with RR. He did a similiar thing to a top LA RB I had and dissed him for an Arizona summer camp. Just saying......problem is that SoCal is small as far as the football world goes and word travels quickly. He is not well-received.....
Chief, was this the kid you and I had discussed from O-Lutheran?
FlyonWall

Post by FlyonWall »

chiefzona wrote:He also said that the kid needed to learn how to "rodeo" punt because that was RR's baby with ST. Low hang time and as close to the ground you can get. When I laughed, Watts assured me that RR was the only coach using this punting method.
The coach seems to believe his play calling is independent of the capabilities of the players. No one does rodeo punts before coming to college, and none do them after they go to the NFL. But at Arizona we do them because sometimes you get the extra bounce yards?

I have begun to wonder if Tate only got his breakout numbers in the first four games because the coach did not yet have time to add his special sauce, but now that he has, Tate seems to be stripped of his intuition as the plays are scripted by the coach. The person sitting next to me at the ASU game commented that Tate sitting out those drives might have been the result of a difference of opinion between him and the coach.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Good point fly on the wall, and to take it a step further I wonder if RR making Dawkins starter because he's better in practice = more willing to listen to and go along with RR bullshit.

Wouldn't surprise me one bit to find it it RR could be that petty. Dawkins follows what RR wants and therefore puts the team in a better position to win, the thinking would go.

No surprise in my mind when the best plays are when Tate checks down and switches the caller play at the line.

You know that forth quarter comeback attempt was all "big game rich" guru coaching.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Sid wrote:
chiefzona wrote:It was crazier when Ragle was running ST. He was so ignorant on ST that Arizona outsourced Watts for kicking and punting. I contacted a team official about a K/P who was #1 in OC to audition for the team. I was given Watt's number and he proceeded to tell me that he knew the kid I was helping and that it was a home run if he was given a chance. He also said that the kid needed to learn how to "rodeo" punt because that was RR's baby with ST. Low hang time and as close to the ground you can get. When I laughed, Watts assured me that RR was the only coach using this punting method. So the kid practiced it and was awaiting an audition time to be scheduled because he was driving from SoCal with his parents. Watts called me back and gave me the next Saturday in the morn at the stadium.......On Friday afternoon he called and said that RR changed his mind and told him to tell me that the kid needed to enroll at Pima in the summer and in two years he could walk on. I had to call the kid and tell him and his parents this while they were already in Yuma. Needless to say, it was an unfavorable situation and they were pissed. The kid now plays for a D1 school on a scholie and he is killing it. These situations have been common place with RR. He did a similiar thing to a top LA RB I had and dissed him for an Arizona summer camp. Just saying......problem is that SoCal is small as far as the football world goes and word travels quickly. He is not well-received.....
Chief, was this the kid you and I had discussed from O-Lutheran?
Yep
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

Where my back trackers at??
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

SCCats wrote:Where my back trackers at??

Your back trackers?
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Now that RhettRod’s schollie is coming off the books, are there any punters with a pulse out there that want a free college education?
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?