Post by Sage&Silver »

Spaceman Spiff

Re: Another Successful Whiteout

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

True. Dramatic just like Dwill's block.
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

Still hate white outs, but good for the team to win in spite of it!
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
azpatnca

Post by azpatnca »

Everytime the announcers said "Arizona just seems off tonight" I'd think, yeah, that's because of the whiteout. Glad we overcame it, eh? Makes it that much more entertaining, I suppose.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Isn't our record in whiteouts now 4-1 between football and basketball combined?
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
azthrillhouse

Post by azthrillhouse »

No more fucking white-outs, red-outs, or blue-outs in either sport.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

azthrillhouse wrote:No more fucking white-outs, red-outs, or blue-outs in either sport.
So we wear non school colors to games now? Dumb post is dumb. Every Arizona athletics event is a red out by default.

EVCat

Post by EVCat »

Overthink.

Fun is fun...and this was fun. White out every year, every sport. Let's do it for women's soccer...I'll be there. Blue out too. I'll even figure out a way to get the clothes needed for a copper out.

It is sport. It is fun...isn't tonight a great reminder of that? It's a visual bit of fun that causes us to wear a different shirt. Who the fuck cares? Seems to me white outs turn I to great games. Of course the clothes don't matter...because the clothes don't matter.

Give me more gimmicks. Seriously...turn this shit into minor league baseball until we can sell out every week. Then? Get even bigger gimmicks. Because the fans will be the fans and the rest will have some fun wearing some crazy clothing.

And girls asses look hotter in white pants...
Sage&Silver

Post by Sage&Silver »

yeah but.... lowest attendance of the year.
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

And no factor. Lackluster Nevada win is a factor. GameDay experience with the damn music on every dead ball and the horrible...and I mean HORRIBLE PA announcer yelling at us, and the air raid sirens...and d the late nights. Add every fan that has ever very played madden, or the one special guy who coaches pee wee so "he knows" what is wrong, and the GameDay experience sucks. And the AD gets a commission or committee put tovether, but it seems like, based on the handful off people I know on that committee, they havent said what he wants to hear so oh well.

We have a unique community here in Tucson. We don't need it to be Eugene or Pullman or where ever the hell else Blur song 2 plays after every complete thought. The band so u d is fine, and so is natural sound. I get the commercials...they pay the bills. But you get TTTHDHHHIRDDDDD DOOOOOOWWWWNNN screech with the sirens and the Blur song as soon as the ball is dropped to some version of rock n roll part 2 to random song to snap....with not one second of natural college football sound. This is a unique, somewhat traditional community why is smart enough to understand the need for ads, but not for the insulting of intellegence and manufacturing of an experience most wish to tune out every game. We like our haka dance. We like some mariachi and pee wee football. We like the band playing Fight, Wildcats, Fight and the end of Bear Down on drum. We like yelling Uuuuuuuuu Uuuuuuuuu or oooofffffffff or aaaaaaaaaaaaaa without being 2nd fiddle to piped in noise. And we really don't like the single by single destruction of all of our traditions. Not a lot of them, but we managed foe years without sirens as "woo hoo" and no one that matters wants if. Just cause it works in Eugene doesn't mean it's gonna work in the middle of our lifestyle. The game experience becomes more and more painful. And I have it easy....
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

Great finish. I'm happy all 8 fans were able to celebrate that victory. That's nearly a full house for Pauley

36 points in a quarter is crazy
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

MrBug708 wrote:Great finish. I'm happy all 8 fans were able to celebrate that victory. That's nearly a full house for Pauley

36 points in a quarter is crazy
Or the rose bowl.
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

And Autzen

Wait, what?
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Stadium looked mostly full to me in the video of the hail Mary outside of the zona zoo.

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

ASUHATER! wrote:Stadium looked mostly full to me in the video of the hail Mary outside of the zona zoo.
Yeah, Zoo looked empty. The rest of the stadium looked fine.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Augdogs

Post by Augdogs »

I think a Gray Out would be best! It would patch up all of the empty seats and look like a packed house.
ANGCatFan

Post by ANGCatFan »

I was impressed with the crowd that stayed. The largest group left at the start of the 4th and small groups left after every Bear score, but most people remained. And they were great! The crowd impacted Cal in the final drives and then the finish. Shared joy, hugging strangers, slapping hands, a stadium saturated in sweat, joy, excitement, and disbelief!

Best of all, everyone still there stayed to congratulate and celebrate with the team after the game. No racing for the exit, no quick goodbyes, Arizona fans and team celebrating as one. That was Arizona football!
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Chicat wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:Stadium looked mostly full to me in the video of the hail Mary outside of the zona zoo.
Yeah, Zoo looked empty. The rest of the stadium looked fine.
Sadly I can say that if I was in the zoo and we were down 15 with 6 minutes left I would've peaced out most likely.

azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

White out for football was just dumb. Didn't work IMO. I like what EVCAT said, the game day atmosphere is beyond bad.

They have taken the fun out of going to AZ stadium. GB has tried but really butchered things. Family zone all but gone, red zone gone, PA announcer going all Eastwood telling people to get off my lawn after the biggest comeback in school history.

I do like the 3rd down siren though
Last edited by azcat49 on Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
Salty

Post by Salty »

The whole stadium thinned out at the start of the 4th.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

qwertyus

Post by qwertyus »

How many people do you really need to create an atmosphere? I mean, even when people left, it was still loud at the end, even if it didn't look that good. We had ~45,000 at the game, yet it looked awesome in the beginning, and it would've been loud if we'd actually fucking scored in the first 3 quarters...
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Whiteouts are gimmicky...and attendance didn't look bad until 2nd half on TV...
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
Salty

Post by Salty »

It certainly felt like more than 45k.

But honestly. Besides hardcore fans... Who stays to watch the final 3 minutes of a when your team is down by 15 points? This isn't an Arizona Wildcats problem, it's a people don't want to watch their team lose problem.

Arizona looked awful, was playing a team we were supposed to beat by 20 points, it was late, and it wasn't a fun game to watch. I don't blame people for leaving early in that scenario at all. I'm very glad that I stayed to the end, but I almost always watch the entire game.
Good For You

Post by Good For You »

The white out made the empty seats not nearly as obvious at first glance. If gray was our home color, shit, that place would look full. Get on it Burns.
cats101

Post by cats101 »

There were tons of empty seats. The white shirts made the stands look more full than it really was.