Arizona Coaching Search

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

PHXCATS

Re: Arizona Coaching Search

Post by PHXCATS »

UofAlum05 wrote:
chiefzona wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:Baldwin announced tomorrow is my feeling.

Sumlin cooled for whatever reason, if we couldnt get enough cash or he was upset how hard it was to get the cash or he turned down lots of cash whatever, and after the Rincon Market "sighting" then it was Baldwin but something needed to sell this to the fanbase so Heeke used Scheer.

Baldwin is his safest bet. Sumlin is still in play. Mazzone is stalling. This will shape up at some point tonight or tomorrow. Poor Scheer. He's struck out twice. Hansen ain't no better. Lev has stayed outta the fray for the most part. Finley bit like a hungry Marlin.
Mazzone stalling taking the Texas job?
See Feldman's tweet
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

The one thing that stands out in this to me...the only thing that seems like terra firma...is that no one really knows exactly what is happening.

Some people who like to be on the inside, or who make a living or side living by selling others their inside status, hate that.

I, like anyone else, love when I have a scoop. I have some good sources, but not as good as some people around these parts.

But I love that this seems to be so impossible to pin down.
KillerKlown

Post by KillerKlown »

Crunch time. One last Hail Mary.
Mike Luke's burner account.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

I've kinda tapped out, but after seeing our players threaten on quitting altogether if it's a coach they've never met I'm all in on Ken N. Fuck these whiny spoiled entitled pricks, bring on the triple option out of spite.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

PHXCATS wrote:
UofAlum05 wrote:
chiefzona wrote:

Sumlin cooled for whatever reason, if we couldnt get enough cash or he was upset how hard it was to get the cash or he turned down lots of cash whatever, and after the Rincon Market "sighting" then it was Baldwin but something needed to sell this to the fanbase so Heeke used Scheer.

Baldwin is his safest bet. Sumlin is still in play. Mazzone is stalling. This will shape up at some point tonight or tomorrow. Poor Scheer. He's struck out twice. Hansen ain't no better. Lev has stayed outta the fray for the most part. Finley bit like a hungry Marlin.
See Feldman's tweet
He said...is very premature. He hasn't officially taken it is the word. Plus, if he did.....might not rule anything out. Sumlin is fading fast though.
OSUCat

Post by OSUCat »

I’m ready for Nick Saban as the next leak, how about you?
Formerly Lynx Rufus.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

chiefzona wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:
UofAlum05 wrote:
chiefzona wrote:

See Feldman's tweet
He said...is very premature. He hasn't officially taken it is the word. Plus, if he did.....might not rule anything out. Sumlin is fading fast though.
He hasnt taken it officially yet which is good for our chances with Sumlin. Not a guarantee or even likely but it is still open
TatetheGreat

Post by TatetheGreat »

Oprah for HC. Make it happen.
KillerKlown

Post by KillerKlown »

So... What's Coach Wristbands up to lately? ;)
Mike Luke's burner account.
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

For knowing that he was going to fire RR before the bowl, this is a joke. Even if we get Sumlin, or another "home run", my faith in Heeke is gone. DO NOT want this guy around come the time we need to hire a basketball coach. He should've had 5 people in mind right off the bat, and interviewed them within a week of the firing.
qwertyus

Post by qwertyus »

ChooChooCat wrote:I've kinda tapped out, but after seeing our players threaten on quitting altogether if it's a coach they've never met I'm all in on Ken N. Fuck these whiny spoiled entitled pricks, bring on the triple option out of spite.
No thanks, I'll take a reasonable coaching hire, please.
RondaeShimmy

Post by RondaeShimmy »

qwertyus wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:I've kinda tapped out, but after seeing our players threaten on quitting altogether if it's a coach they've never met I'm all in on Ken N. Fuck these whiny spoiled entitled pricks, bring on the triple option out of spite.
Shoot ourselves in the foot just to stick in the faces of a couple kids who won't be here longer than 3 years?

Makes perfect sense
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

qwertyus wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:
So choices are:

Guy who was mediocre with a ton of resources.
Guy who was good with very few resources.

I don't see the hullabaloo over going with option B.
Guys who coach at regular schools.

vs.

Guy who coaches at a unique school, which runs a gimmicky offense.

I'll take the field.

IF recruiting is supposed to be a major concern, and I think that it is (there is NO WAY we improve without getting out of the 8th/9th position in recruiting in the PAC 12), then you can't hire Ken N expecting recruiting gains.
There are plenty of people who call Sumlin's spread option a gimmick offense.

Navy is a unique school, in that a coach basically can't recruit any prospect that is football first. It certainly isn't Texas A&M, sitting in the middle of a fertile recruiting ground, a football first school with virtually unlimited resources.

Again, I don't understand why any of the forgoing make Niumatalolo worse than Sumlin in any way other than name. A HC is never the primary recruiter, and Niumatalolo produced more W's with far less talent in a far more challenging recruiting environment.

Again, one guy gets a step up in competition and in recruiting resources. Can he transition his recruiting and system up a level? The other guy gets a step down in competition and recruting resources. Can he make that transition?

I seriously don't get why anyone is freaking out over Niumatalolo other than lack of name recognition or hatred of triple option, which is an odd thing to hate.
RondaeShimmy

Post by RondaeShimmy »

btfd16 wrote: .
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

DrWildcat wrote:
btfd16 wrote: Am I the only one who thinks six passes a game (in his first year as a starter with barely playing UH) is a huge fucking difference? What is this guy and Lev thinking?
Navy only had 102 pass attempts last year. Going back to 2010, the most attempts was 172 but they seem to average between 125-150.

Tate had 179 attempts last year but Dawkins had another 114. Yuge difference!
I used your numbers without credit, Dr! Apologies!

jimson

Post by jimson »

TatetheGreat wrote:Hire Tedy Bruschi's agent as AD, Tedy as HC/CEO, keep Yates as DC, with Hunley as DL and Cecil as DB coach. Tate runs the offense.
I like it. Chief hating it makes me like it even more, except letting a 19 year old run the offense.
Get the best passing QB coach we can and let him mold the hell out of Tate so he can be a dual super threat.
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

RondaeShimmy wrote:
Lol also true. But, the point remains, if he knew about this for a month, he should have been better prepared.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

RondaeShimmy wrote:
Bingo. Good job locking down Herm Edwards in the race vs no one else.
UALoco

Post by UALoco »

panic now?
TatetheGreat

Post by TatetheGreat »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
qwertyus wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:
So choices are:

Guy who was mediocre with a ton of resources.
Guy who was good with very few resources.

I don't see the hullabaloo over going with option B.
Guys who coach at regular schools.

vs.

Guy who coaches at a unique school, which runs a gimmicky offense.

I'll take the field.

IF recruiting is supposed to be a major concern, and I think that it is (there is NO WAY we improve without getting out of the 8th/9th position in recruiting in the PAC 12), then you can't hire Ken N expecting recruiting gains.
There are plenty of people who call Sumlin's spread option a gimmick offense.

Navy is a unique school, in that a coach basically can't recruit any prospect that is football first. It certainly isn't Texas A&M, sitting in the middle of a fertile recruiting ground, a football first school with virtually unlimited resources.

Again, I don't understand why any of the forgoing make Niumatalolo worse than Sumlin in any way other than name. A HC is never the primary recruiter, and Niumatalolo produced more W's with far less talent in a far more challenging recruiting environment.

Again, one guy gets a step up in competition and in recruiting resources. Can he transition his recruiting and system up a level? The other guy gets a step down in competition and recruting resources. Can he make that transition?

I seriously don't get why anyone is freaking out over Niumatalolo other than lack of name recognition or hatred of triple option, which is an odd thing to hate.
The lack of passing in his system is concerning. We need to know if he will run the triple option here because that will hinder recruiting. Not sure about him as a P5 recruiter, anyhow. I'm sure he's a better game manager than RR, though. Most coaches would be an upgrade there.
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

The team meeting room is being set up for a press conference.
TatetheGreat

Post by TatetheGreat »

jimson wrote:
TatetheGreat wrote:Hire Tedy Bruschi's agent as AD, Tedy as HC/CEO, keep Yates as DC, with Hunley as DL and Cecil as DB coach. Tate runs the offense.
I like it. Chief hating it makes me like it even more, except letting a 19 year old run the offense.
Get the best passing QB coach we can and let him mold the hell out of Tate so he can be a dual super threat.
I was totally kidding, but Brewski is the only media/TV personality we should have considered for a role on the new staff.
MountainCat

Post by MountainCat »

btfd16 wrote:The team meeting room is being set up for a press conference.
Aaaah...wait?...what?
No Bandwagon Here! Always a Cat!
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

typically friday evening pressers are a bad thing :lol:
Gilbertcat

Post by Gilbertcat »

To announce Heeke's firing?
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

MountainCat wrote:
Aaaah...wait?...what?
How do I post a pic? The team meeting room has a table with chairs at the front, with PVC pipe behind it, set up like they hang the sponsor background behind it
RondaeShimmy

Post by RondaeShimmy »

Friday night news dump
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

RondaeShimmy wrote:Friday night news dump
I dont think that would be the case since they want the new coach at the basketball game tomorrow
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

Also, this was earlier, but Navy's equipment staff had the vibe he was leaving. But that could've changed due to the response.
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

btfd16 wrote:
MountainCat wrote:
Aaaah...wait?...what?
How do I post a pic? The team meeting room has a table with chairs at the front, with PVC pipe behind it, set up like they hang the sponsor background behind it
It could have been set up like that to introduce Ken, but stopped due to backlash
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

Ironically, the quote of the day in the facility per sources (aka BJ's snapchat) is, "Bad teams, no one leads. Good teams, coaches lead. Elite teams, players lead. Be elite."

Maybe that's why they're all preaching Yates lol
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

btfd16 wrote:
btfd16 wrote:
MountainCat wrote:
Aaaah...wait?...what?
It could have been set up like that to introduce Ken, but stopped due to backlash
If Heeke cancels due to fan backlash, maybe he should be gone. This isn't like Schiano, where there was the PSU child rape issue. If he thought (insert name) is the right guy, then wussed out due to backlash, we need a new AD, not a new football coach.

Even if I don't like his pick, damn, have guts and stick to your selection.
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
btfd16 wrote:
btfd16 wrote:
MountainCat wrote:
Aaaah...wait?...what?
If Heeke cancels due to fan backlash, maybe he should be gone. This isn't like Schiano, where there was the PSU child rape issue. If he thought (insert name) is the right guy, then wussed out due to backlash, we need a new AD, not a new football coach.

Even if I don't like his pick, damn, have guts and stick to your selection.
I am just speculating. All I saw was the team meeting room looking like a press conference was going to take place. Not sure if it was being set up, or being taken down. I have never seen a press conference held in there before. Typically the LB room
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

jimson wrote:

I couldn’t stand Rich Rod. Do you like Rich Rod even more?
jimson

Post by jimson »

chiefzona wrote:
jimson wrote:

I couldn’t stand Rich Rod. Do you like Rich Rod even more?
Naw, but I may reevaluate after this clusterfuck.
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

Hey! I'm not as crazy as I seem.

Edit: This is also the guy who said Sumlin would be hired Tuesday, so maybe I am.....
Last edited by btfd16 on Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

If KN is hired I hope he can start a Polynesian/Mormon pipeline of 25 year old lineman like BYU.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
DrWildcat

Post by DrWildcat »

btfd16 wrote: Hey! I'm not as crazy as I seem.

Edit: This is also the guy who said Sumlin would be hired Tuesday, so maybe I am.....
Is it weird that no other media members have said anything? Seems like they would be invited to attend.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Haven't I lost enough work for the day due to this hire and following Trump's very interesting day regarding shitholes and Stormy Daniels?
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

He's probably quoting you.
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

DrWildcat wrote:

Is it weird that no other media members have said anything? Seems like they would be invited to attend.
Definitely odd.
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

SCCats wrote:

He's probably quoting you.
Mama I've made it.
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

btfd16 wrote:I am just speculating. All I saw was the team meeting room looking like a press conference was going to take place. Not sure if it was being set up, or being taken down. I have never seen a press conference held in there before. Typically the LB room
@PlayersProgramU please look what I said here before using me as a source.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

UAEebs86 wrote:If KN is hired I hope he can start a Polynesian/Mormon pipeline of 25 year old lineman like BYU.

Sitake’s poly pipeline isn’t working too well. The Poly pipeline is so overplayed. That was cool 10 years ago. Different game now.
Macho Grande

Post by Macho Grande »

WildcatLouis

Post by WildcatLouis »

Macho Grande wrote:
So the apologists are super down with hiring a coach to run an offense different than the one he has run for over 15 years? Cool.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

RondaeShimmy wrote:
qwertyus wrote:
Shoot ourselves in the foot just to stick in the faces of a couple kids who won't be here longer than 3 years?

Makes perfect sense
Ken is not as bad as you guys are making him out to be. I'm not in love with the hire, but for instance would you rather us hire Yates who as an interim coach allows his players to tweet absolute embarrassing nonsense with zero Discipline?
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

I think the smart football people know that Kenny wouldn’t run the triple option. He’d probably use it a little bit he would run a new offense that he hasn’t run in over 11 years. Y’all want to put Tate in a make shift offense? He’d regress.
qwertyus

Post by qwertyus »

Macho Grande wrote:
Please no...
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

chiefzona wrote:I think the smart football people know that Kenny wouldn’t run the triple option. He’d probably use it a little bit he would run a new offense that he hasn’t run in over 11 years. Y’all want to put Tate in a make shift offense? He’d regress.
This. It's not the "tripple" option thing. It's that we are becoming an experiment.