Comfortable being uncomfortable

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

azpenguin

Comfortable being uncomfortable

Post by azpenguin »

That's a mantra Rodriguez preaches all the time. Now you see why.

After having to grind out a win against UTSA on a tough night on the road, after having to survive some self-inflicted wounds against Nevada, after a comeback for the ages against Cal, you saw it again tonight. No panic in San Antonio. Take care of business at the end of the game against Nevada. Solomon, despite all of his struggles, kept his cool against Cal even when it looked like that game was long gone. Now a team with a freshman quarterback, a young defense, sophomore receivers and a kicker who was picked up off of the scrap heap just went into Autzen and played like that crowd didn't even exist. Even when Oregon went and tied the game in the fourth quarter, what looked like a start of a possible furious run by the Ducks as they've done so many times before, the guys went out and kept their composure. Then after they scored they went and finished the game, not survived it, but went out and finished the Ducks off. The Scooby Strip, Jones-Grigsby fighting for a game clinching first down that defied belief, and ballgame.

When Oregon tied the game, I was texting a friend and I typed "I'm not feeling panic." As a Wildcat fan, when have we even been able to entertain that kind of confidence? Rodriguez has got these guys keeping themselves calm and confident, and they aren't going to walk into a more hostile stadium this year. He's not kidding about "60 minutes of Arizona," because they'll attack you for all 60. USC is next. On to the next one.
wyo-cat

Re: Comfortable being uncomfortable

Post by wyo-cat »

Anu Solomon's completion percentage increases per quarter. He's very comfortable being uncomfortable.