2014 uniforms

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

In re UofA

Re: 2014 uniforms

Post by In re UofA »

I don't think the university color codes are the same on jerseys as it is on official stationary, etc.
prh

Post by prh »

azgreg

Post by azgreg »

In re UofA wrote:I don't think the university color codes are the same on jerseys as it is on official stationary, etc.
It's not. However, when you apply the same color to different surfaces it will have a different appearance. Add a clear coat over the top and it changes even more.
Sage&Silver

Post by Sage&Silver »

ASUHATER! wrote:By day glow you mean our school color? You guys do realize that our uniforms are matched precisely to the color codes that we've copyrighted right? They do that on purpose...so the blue and red in our uniforms exactly match what our marketing and trademark departments specify what is our colors...

They don't just go to Nike and tell them to pick whatever colors they want.
And that color is a deep red. Close to Stanford, which has the same thing going on w/ their red jersey. Depending on time or day, or lighting or whatever the material can look anywhere from orange-pink to red to crimson. It's just more noticeable now that we've got the bright, glossy red helmet and the red-pajama uni set.
Katzenfreund

Post by Katzenfreund »

Last edited by Katzenfreund on Thu May 07, 2015 4:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Where ya been Katz?
BearDown89

Post by BearDown89 »

Sage&Silver wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:By day glow you mean our school color? You guys do realize that our uniforms are matched precisely to the color codes that we've copyrighted right? They do that on purpose...so the blue and red in our uniforms exactly match what our marketing and trademark departments specify what is our colors...

They don't just go to Nike and tell them to pick whatever colors they want.
And that color is a deep red. Close to Stanford, which has the same thing going on w/ their red jersey. Depending on time or day, or lighting or whatever the material can look anywhere from orange-pink to red to crimson. It's just more noticeable now that we've got the bright, glossy red helmet and the red-pajama uni set.
The neon red is awful and all wrong. I've been saying that since I've been posting here. It's a damn poor job of executing "our school color" if you ask me. The red +30% black in Katz's post below is much closer to what I'd like to see. You know Hater, for most of my Arizona fandom, 38 years, which I believe is older than you by about a decade or so, red was very sparingly used at all. The old block A was red and the new block A is partly red. Otherwise, red was a trim and stripe color on white or blue pants and jerseys. That was pretty much it. I believe there was a red helmet for a bit back in the 70s and they may have used a red jersery a time or two. One of you even older guys can chime in on that.

Personally, I'm progressive. I've no problem going nuts with uniform design. But if you're going to use the red, get it right. They shouldn't look like day-glo rocket pops out there.
azgreg wrote:Where ya been Katz?
Was gonna ask the same thing.
Katzenfreund wrote:
This, toward the blacker end of the spectrum is the way it should be.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

BearDown89 wrote:This, toward the blacker end of the spectrum is the way it should be.
Once you go black...
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Katzenfreund

Post by Katzenfreund »

Last edited by Katzenfreund on Thu May 07, 2015 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Slacker.
Katzenfreund

Post by Katzenfreund »

Last edited by Katzenfreund on Thu May 07, 2015 4:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Great to see you Katz!
Katzenfreund

Post by Katzenfreund »

Last edited by Katzenfreund on Thu May 07, 2015 4:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

TuiTouchdown

Post by TuiTouchdown »

Wow those are ugly. Can't wait to see them whip ASU today.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

aTm's helmets are pretty sweet.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
BearDown89

Post by BearDown89 »

Chicat wrote:aTm's helmets are pretty sweet.
Yeah, whole uni was pretty slick with the chrome/silver jersey and pant details. StormTrooper-esque. Noticed Louisville's helmets last night too, pretty fancy.
Katzenfreund

Post by Katzenfreund »

Last edited by Katzenfreund on Thu May 07, 2015 4:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Hmm I wonder what pants and jerseys. Thinking we go blue blue white or all blues.

Fun fact...we're 7-1 while wearing blue blue white.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

ASUHATER! wrote:Hmm I wonder what pants and jerseys. Thinking we go blue blue white or all blues.

Well fuck its been decided then with that record!
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

Heard from some of the team they have a little subtle change for the uniforms this week. Not a big deal but pretty cool. don't want to say until it comes out.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

3goggles wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:Hmm I wonder what pants and jerseys. Thinking we go blue blue white or all blues.

Well fuck its been decided then with that record!
We're 7-0 at home in the blue blue whites. The loss was the Alamo bowl 4 years ago. Almost all the games have been against cupcakes like sc state and Idaho though.

RondaeShimmy

Post by RondaeShimmy »

http://www.wildcatuniverse.com/arizona- ... d-results/

Already wore Blue blue White, so I doubt they'll wear them again considering they haven't worn the same combo twice (change them every game). So blue blue blue, blue red white, blue red blue, blue red red are the possibilities.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

btfd16 wrote:Heard from some of the team they have a little subtle change for the uniforms this week. Not a big deal but pretty cool. don't want to say until it comes out.
I know the final score of the game, but I'm not gonna say until the game is over.
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

I think blue red red is the only uniform combo we haven't worn yet of all of our non copper helmet possibilities.

The Butcher

Post by The Butcher »

Here's hoping the subtle change is outlining the numbers in white so we can read the damn things.
BMalo

Post by BMalo »

Arizona Football tweeted a picture of the blue helmet announcement and the face mask looked black...
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

PieceOfMeat wrote:
btfd16 wrote:Heard from some of the team they have a little subtle change for the uniforms this week. Not a big deal but pretty cool. don't want to say until it comes out.
I know the final score of the game, but I'm not gonna say until the game is over.
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Come on man spill the beans!
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

The Butcher wrote:Here's hoping the subtle change is outlining the numbers in white so we can read the damn things.
that'd be nice.
BMalo wrote:Arizona Football tweeted a picture of the blue helmet announcement and the face mask looked black...
I didn't even pay attention to the face mask....guess that could be the subtle change.
3goggles wrote:BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Come on man spill the beans!
Alright, I went into the kitchen and spilled the beans. Probably gonna make someone mad, but I'll just tell them that the internet made me do it.
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

PieceOfMeat wrote:
3goggles wrote:BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Come on man spill the beans!
Alright, I went into the kitchen and spilled the beans. Probably gonna make someone mad, but I'll just tell them that the internet made me do it.
Well played, Well played!
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

PieceOfMeat wrote:
Haha point taken. I'll hint it's accessory based, not the physical uniform or helmet (not talking about pink accessories either)
RichardCranium

Post by RichardCranium »

The 1966 unis were pretty good. 8-) Here's a black and white photo. Clearly, the jersey is supposed to be dark blue.
Gimino: State of Cats’ QB play: 1966 record still stands

The uni's that Bruce Hill in were not as good as the 60's ones - they were a bit plain.

The second ugliest helmet of all time : http://allsportstucson.com/wp-content/u ... met.44.jpg

The absolutely ugliest helmet of all time: http://allsportstucson.com/wp-content/u ... met.39.jpg
Any sufficiently advanced troll is indistinguishable from a genuine kook.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

btfd16 wrote:
PieceOfMeat wrote:
Haha point taken. I'll hint it's accessory based, not the physical uniform or helmet (not talking about pink accessories either)
;)

Good For You

Post by Good For You »

I'm. going to guess gloves with the A on the palm when you hold them up together. Caleb Jones. will show them off after each of his 3 touchdowns.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

RichardCranium wrote:The 1966 unis were pretty good. 8-) Here's a black and white photo. Clearly, the jersey is supposed to be dark blue.
Gimino: State of Cats’ QB play: 1966 record still stands

The uni's that Bruce Hill in were not as good as the 60's ones - they were a bit plain.

The second ugliest helmet of all time : http://allsportstucson.com/wp-content/u ... met.44.jpg

The absolutely ugliest helmet of all time: http://allsportstucson.com/wp-content/u ... met.39.jpg

The snake A was a classic look. Those red helmets are from the 68 year and the white is from the Jim Young era. Would love to see them wear some throw back uni's for us older fans
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
azpenguin

Post by azpenguin »

If they do throwbacks, I'd vote for mid '80s. Block A, white/blue/white, big block numbers.
BearDown89

Post by BearDown89 »

Good For You wrote:I'm. going to guess gloves with the A on the palm when you hold them up together. Caleb Jones. will show them off after each of his 3 touchdowns.
Same thought I had.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

azpenguin wrote:If they do throwbacks, I'd vote for mid '80s. Block A, white/blue/white, big block numbers.
Just once I want to see them in sage and silver.
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

azgreg wrote:
azpenguin wrote:If they do throwbacks, I'd vote for mid '80s. Block A, white/blue/white, big block numbers.
Just once I want to see them in sage and silver.
Amen Brobeans!
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

Took me half a second to remember/recognize that a UofA uniform is in this picture:

man do I hate those sleeves.

NYCat

Post by NYCat »

I've heard & read non Arizona fans comment on the jerseys. They've said the sleeves look like an Arizona sunset/sunrise which is kinda cool if that's what they were going for (doubt it). Also the blue helmets looks like stars in the sky, which I could see with all that glittery stuff on there.

Here's just one of many (national) people saying that
UALoco

Post by UALoco »

You know....if AZ has one of those "magical" seasons and wins PAC12 South or better.....those uniforms will automatically be considered classics. Just some food for thought.

Myself...I didn't like them at first but if you imagine the sleeves are a sunset..they start to grow on you. We should run with that and bring back the old school cactus/sunset logo.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

NYCat wrote:I've heard & read non Arizona fans comment on the jerseys. They've said the sleeves look like an Arizona sunset/sunrise which is kinda cool if that's what they were going for (doubt it). Also the blue helmets looks like stars in the sky, which I could see with all that glittery stuff on there.

Here's just one of many (national) people saying that
I'm not sure that's a compliment.
TuiTouchdown

Post by TuiTouchdown »

To change the topic a bit, anyone else like the silver A on white lids? I was thinking that maybe a copper A on the blue lids would look pretty good.
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

Yeah, just because the sleeves look like a sunset doesn't mean they're good looking. The number font is ghastly as well, with or without the gradient.

--

Saturday uni
BearDown89

Post by BearDown89 »

TuiTouchdown wrote:To change the topic a bit, anyone else like the silver A on white lids? I was thinking that maybe a copper A on the blue lids would look pretty good.
Yeah, I dug 'em. And the copper A sounds cool too.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Good For You wrote:I'm. going to guess gloves with the A on the palm when you hold them up together. Caleb Jones. will show them off after each of his 3 touchdowns.
Good call.
azgreg wrote:
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

Chicat wrote:
Good call.
azgreg wrote:
Well we can officially blame these damn gloves for the lose to USC!!!! HAHA