Oregon at Arizona 10/27/18 Discussion Thread

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

scumdevils86

Re: Oregon at Arizona 10/27/18 Discussion Thread

Post by scumdevils86 »

threenumberones wrote:
scumdevils86 wrote:
threenumberones wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:Yeah best case scenario is a like 35-20 loss tomorrow.
I’m sure you will find a way to justify your post and somehow put down the win, congrats in advance.

What a fucking game! Inspired defense to say the least.
Looking forward to your post celebrating the 5-7 record! Or the 6-7 season ending in a loss in the Cheez-it bowl!
Exactly what I expected. We steamroll a top team at home and you clowns aren’t even capable of enjoying it. Words can’t describe how happy I am that I’m not you.
What is there to enjoy from the same thing we've seen since your grandparents were in diapers? 5.9 wins and 6.5 losses per year the last 20 years is truly amazing!
threenumberones

Post by threenumberones »

scumdevils86 wrote:
threenumberones wrote:
scumdevils86 wrote:
threenumberones wrote:
I’m sure you will find a way to justify your post and somehow put down the win, congrats in advance.

Looking forward to your post celebrating the 5-7 record! Or the 6-7 season ending in a loss in the Cheez-it bowl!
Exactly what I expected. We steamroll a top team at home and you clowns aren’t even capable of enjoying it. Words can’t describe how happy I am that I’m not you.
What is there to enjoy from the same thing we've seen since your grandparents were in diapers? 5.9 wins and 6.5 losses per year the last 20 years is truly amazing!
So fucking happy.
blackjacker

Post by blackjacker »

threenumberones wrote:
scumdevils86 wrote:
threenumberones wrote:

He's so invested in being miserable he has to maintain that, instead of admitting he was wrong about this game and enjoy one bright spot, in a shitty season.
Hell, we were all wrong about this game. It's always OK to enjoy a beatdown of the fucking arrogant
Duck assholes.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

I called this win over in the ticket giveaway thread.

Now, I'm not claiming that I could have forecasted the epic beat down we delivered tonight, but I did call the win :lol:

What a game.

Oh, and guys, just ignore each other, and enjoy one hell of a great game.
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

That was really fun.

Came back from a family event at half time checked the score and was pleasantly surprised. Glad the party kept up in the second half.

I actually care about this Friday’s game now that we look like a real team.
IrishAzCat

Post by IrishAzCat »

Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

Carcassdragger wrote:Homecoming and possibly Rhett's second start against a team with a back to back roadie that might be feeling a let down after last week; along with the fact that hopefully our guys are sick and tired of having their shit pushed in on national tv week after week. Screw it. We win this one.

Uh huh. Yeah.
2020 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2018 BEARDOWN WILDCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
2017 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2013 GOAZCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

blackjacker wrote:
threenumberones wrote:
scumdevils86 wrote:
threenumberones wrote:

He's so invested in being miserable he has to maintain that, instead of admitting he was wrong about this game and enjoy one bright spot, in a shitty season.
Hell, we were all wrong about this game. It's always OK to enjoy a beatdown of the fucking arrogant
Duck assholes.
I loved this game and actually watched most of it. It was great to be wrong. Doesn't change that the program still sucks and never follows up on minor successes. Sorry if you're blind to that.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

IrishAzCat wrote:Image
Such a cool tribute with ‘98 team in the house.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Captain Obvious

Post by Captain Obvious »

Love the win and was completely wrong in thinking Oregon would blow us out. But as a lifelong U of A football fan I know with a great degree of certainty we'll lose our next game. And Colorado is coming off a loss to Oregon State. As much as I want us to win I can almost guarantee we wont. That's just Arizona football. I'm inclined to believe last nights win was our last of the season. Again I hope I'm wrong but won't be at all surprised if I'm not.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Captain Obvious wrote:Love the win and was completely wrong in thinking Oregon would blow us out. But as a lifelong U of A football fan I know with a great degree of certainty we'll lose our next game. And Colorado is coming off a loss to Oregon State. As much as I want us to win I can almost guarantee we wont. That's just Arizona football. I'm inclined to believe last nights win was our last of the season. Again I hope I'm wrong but won't be at all surprised if I'm not.
Exactly my sentiments. I'm thrilled we blew out Oregon and that I was wrong. But being Arizona, the odds of us losing at home to Colorado Friday are really high.

Everyone remembers that 2005 52-14 blowout against undefeated UCLA...but the very next week at home we lost 38-14 to a 1-8 Washington team.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
IrishAzCat

Post by IrishAzCat »

Hit of the game:

PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

yeah that hit was something. clean, well executed, and utterly brutal
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

blackjacker

Post by blackjacker »

scumdevils86 wrote:
I loved this game and actually watched most of it. It was great to be wrong. Doesn't change that the program still sucks and never follows up on minor successes. Sorry if you're blind to that.

Why even bother following the team then? I still think they suck. I still think Sumlin, Mazzone, Yates, and even Tate need to be jettisoned, but I can't do a thing about it, so I can either give up or keep watching, enjoy the bright spots and see what happens, and maybe I'll happily be wrong about those guys.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

I have been a fan since I was a freshman in 1981.

UA has never won a sole conference championship in the WAC and PAC eras. Until Nick Foles, the UA has not had a single QB in the NFL during the entire PAC era.

It's just the way it always has been and always will be.

Have no idea how Washington State can do it. 2 Rose Bowls in the Mike Price era. Price put 5 QBs into the NFL. Now the pirate is doing it.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Merkin wrote:I have been a fan since I was a freshman in 1981.

UA has never won a sole conference championship in the WAC and PAC eras. Until Nick Foles, the UA has not had a single QB in the NFL during the entire PAC era.

Have no idea how Washington State can do it. 2 Rose Bowls in the Mike Price era. Price put 5 QBs into the NFL. Now the pirate is doing it.
None of this means a single thing for Friday's game. Only turds are writing off Friday already. Same turds that said the best case last night was a 15 point loss.
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

This is such a strange season. Every time I want to give up, we do something and I get sucked back in a little.

Then again, maybe that isn't strange, because I sort of feel like Arizona football is always like that.
blackjacker

Post by blackjacker »

I think the pirate could do it here, but we passed on the one guy that was fired for something other than sucking as a coach.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

PHXCATS wrote:

None of this means a single thing for Friday's game. Only turds are writing off Friday already. Same turds that said the best case last night was a 15 point loss.
Maybe with your gambling winnings this week you'll be able to pay your rent. Good work :lol:
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Just when you think the program is being flushed down the shitter, we come through with a game that gives us hope and creates some excitement for the future.

This team is really playing hard and I have been very impressed with that. I am not convinced that is an extension of this coaching staff as I believe it has more to do with the Sr's wanting to go out the right way.

Here comes the game though that AZ football typically let's it's fan base down. A game they can win but generally they find a way to lose and let us down once again.

If they can get this one and get to 5 wins, it will set up a fun one against ASSU which will probably be the winner gets a bowl and the lose sits
Last edited by azcat49 on Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
tgrumpy2

Post by tgrumpy2 »

I do declare, some of you would complain even if you were hung with a new rope. I just love the proverbial Chicken Littles running around screaming the sky is falling. Even when its a duck leg that a wildcat player yanked off someone and threw into the stands. The defense was stellar and dominating for once, the offense made very few mistakes and even our special teams blocked a punt and took another one away from the opponent. I don't care what anyone says, I'm going to enjoy the heck out of this win. I've been gloating around my ASU fan friends all morning and later today I'm walking up and around the corner to some friends that are Oregon fans and I am gonna rub their noses in it as well. Today I am taking no prisoners and I'll deal with next week when it gets here.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Nice to see Sumlin fired up, it's contagious! Hopefully he can keep it up rest of the season.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

tgrumpy2 wrote:I do declare, some of you would complain even if you were hung with a new rope. I just love the proverbial Chicken Littles running around screaming the sky is falling. Even when its a duck leg that a wildcat player yanked off someone and threw into the stands. The defense was stellar and dominating for once, the offense made very few mistakes and even our special teams blocked a punt and took another one away from the opponent. I don't care what anyone says, I'm going to enjoy the heck out of this win. I've been gloating around my ASU fan friends all morning and later today I'm walking up and around the corner to some friends that are Oregon fans and I am gonna rub their noses in it as well. Today I am taking no prisoners and I'll deal with next week when it gets here.
Everyone is enjoying the win. I sure am. There's just nothing wrong with being a realist as well.

Decades of experience has told us that wins like this mean nothing in the greater scheme of Arizona fandom.

PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

ASUHATER! wrote:
tgrumpy2 wrote:I do declare, some of you would complain even if you were hung with a new rope. I just love the proverbial Chicken Littles running around screaming the sky is falling. Even when its a duck leg that a wildcat player yanked off someone and threw into the stands. The defense was stellar and dominating for once, the offense made very few mistakes and even our special teams blocked a punt and took another one away from the opponent. I don't care what anyone says, I'm going to enjoy the heck out of this win. I've been gloating around my ASU fan friends all morning and later today I'm walking up and around the corner to some friends that are Oregon fans and I am gonna rub their noses in it as well. Today I am taking no prisoners and I'll deal with next week when it gets here.
Everyone is enjoying the win. I sure am. There's just nothing wrong with being a realist as well.

Decades of experience has told us that wins like this mean nothing in the greater scheme of Arizona fandom.

Considering you said this
You no validity in any way. Cats play tough and well Friday.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

PHXCATS wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:

Wahhhhhhhh wahhhhhhhh shhhh said machina.

No one is happier than me being wrong about my 1 prediction for 1 game. Overall though, my outlook is infinitely more realistic and sustainable than whatever psychotic fairy land you inhabit up in your Arcadia tavern booth.

PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

ASUHATER! wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:

Wahhhhhhhh wahhhhhhhh shhhh said machina.

No one is happier than me being wrong about my 1 prediction for 1 game. Overall though, my outlook is infinitely more realistic and sustainable than whatever psychotic fairy land you inhabit up in your Arcadia tavern booth.
This wasnt a prediction. You said it as a fact that the best scenario was a 15 point loss. Not that you think Cats lose by 15. So embarrassed for you.

And I tell you what. You throw a game watch party that gets on the news for being such a great atmosphere I will accept a permanent ban.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Bahahahaha

God you're resorting to bragging about Arcadia tavern nonsense. You're a sad little man

TheGreatCatsby

Post by TheGreatCatsby »

Last night was by far our most complete game of the season, we haven't looked that good in all phases, at the same time, at any point. You can see improvements from week 1 to week 9 in both player performance and coaching. What was that stat, like 78% of players sophomores or younger? We've seemingly played like crap on ESPN telecasts for like 10 straight games, nice to finally look great on national TV.
tgrumpy2

Post by tgrumpy2 »

ASUHATER! wrote:

I don't believe you and a few other people on this board are enjoying the win. You already have us losing next week and you think we suck. Your take on our OL is we're putrid. We may be putrid but Taylor has over a 1000 yards rushing so far and we have the second best run game in the conference. Scumdevil says the program sucks and what is there to enjoy about the win. Yea he said that. Captain Obvious has us losing the rest of our games. You might all be right, heck if I know. All I'm saying is I have nothing negative to say about that win last night or this program. I don't think for a second that by enjoying this win to the fullest I'm being unrealistic about our future. Bear Down!!
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

tgrumpy2 wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:

I don't believe you and a few other people on this board are enjoying the win. You already have us losing next week and you think we suck. Your take on our OL is we're putrid. We may be putrid but Taylor has over a 1000 yards rushing so far and we have the second best run game in the conference. Scumdevil says the program sucks and what is there to enjoy about the win. Yea he said that. Captain Obvious has us losing the rest of our games. You might all be right, heck if I know. All I'm saying is I have nothing negative to say about that win last night or this program. I don't think for a second that by enjoying this win to the fullest I'm being unrealistic about our future. Bear Down!!
Agree to disagree.

In fact, being the realist I am allows our extremely rare good moments as a program to be that much more enjoyable. Having your attitude always sets you up for delusion and disappointment.

ByJoveByJingle

Post by ByJoveByJingle »

Haha, the direct evidence suggests the opposite of what you wrote. It helps me to understand that projecting the future of the program is independent of any one win (or loss). Then I don’t get upset when things don’t work out but conversely I can enjoy the momentary successes. Try it, you might like it!
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Just remember hater said the best possible scenario was a 15 point loss yesterday.

But he says he was just keeping it real
ByJoveByJingle

Post by ByJoveByJingle »

Just remember, Aristotle said the golden mean is the desirable middle between two extremes, one of excess and the other of deficiency.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

TheGreatCatsby wrote:Last night was by far our most complete game of the season, we haven't looked that good in all phases, at the same time, at any point. You can see improvements from week 1 to week 9 in both player performance and coaching. What was that stat, like 78% of players sophomores or younger? We've seemingly played like crap on ESPN telecasts for like 10 straight games, nice to finally look great on national TV.
Yup. If we played even close to that way against byu, USC or UCLA we'd already have a bowl locked up and be favored to win the south division.
blackjacker

Post by blackjacker »

PHXCATS wrote:Just remember hater said the best possible scenario was a 15 point loss yesterday.

Well, few people thought it would even be that close, so it was a realistic best case scenario.
There's just no need to shit on a great night by basically saying "So what? We still suck"
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

blackjacker wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:Just remember hater said the best possible scenario was a 15 point loss yesterday.

Well, few people thought it would even be that close, so it was a realistic best case scenario.
There's just no need to shit on a great night by basically saying "So what? We still suck"
I dont know how you can say it was realistic when his statement of fact was 44 points different than the actual result. Yes it was not a prediction by hater but a statement of fact. And UA left tons of points on the field in the first half
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

PHXCATS wrote:
blackjacker wrote:

I dont know how you can say it was realistic when his statement of fact was 44 points different than the actual result. Yes it was not a prediction by hater but a statement of fact. And UA left tons of points on the field in the first half
How much money did you make?
tgrumpy2

Post by tgrumpy2 »

ASUHATER! wrote:
tgrumpy2 wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:

Agree to disagree.

In fact, being the realist I am allows our extremely rare good moments as a program to be that much more enjoyable. Having your attitude always sets you up for delusion and disappointment.
I don't know why you keep saying that. I've said nothing about my expectations for the future of this team. Why do you keep thinking that just because I'm currently in the moment enjoying this incredible win that I don't have realistic expectations and I'm setting myself up for disappointment. I'll repeat it again, I am going to revel in this win all week and not worry about the next game until it gets here. All you do is harp on the negative.
blackjacker

Post by blackjacker »

PHXCATS wrote:
Semantics. There cannot be a statement of fact of an unknown future result, regardless of how it's stated.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

I was in the skybox next to the Oregon AD and I see Phil Knight in all black with his binoculars. Half time I went over and introduced myself and got a photo with him. Really nice guy and was happy to oblige all the AZ fans who wanted a photo. About half way thru the 3Q he signaled to his handler to fire up the jet as they were leaving town. The rest of the Oregon visitors didn't get home until 5A since they fly with the team. I bet that was a rough flight
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

I will say that this is what it could be. They are playing hard and seem to have found something. No reason to believe they won't continue to play well and that's all you could ask for.

I have no idea if Sumlin is a Tomey type motivator so with every peak comes a valley but man are they playing hard on both sides of the ball.
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion