2018 Arizona Wildcats football team

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

whatisee

Re: 2018 Arizona Wildcats football team

Post by whatisee »

azgreg wrote:That UCLA loss really hurts now.
It hurt then too...

Win out and win the South with a bye week to get everyone healthy. She be an interesting two weeks
OSUCat

Post by OSUCat »

So if Utah looses to Colorado and Arizona wins out, Arizona is the south champions?
Formerly Lynx Rufus.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

That is correct. We have a punchers chance
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
OSUCat

Post by OSUCat »

azcat49 wrote:That is correct. We have a punchers chance
Crazy.
Formerly Lynx Rufus.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Hilarious really
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

http://www.wildcat.arizona.edu/article/ ... gGkEmbgEeU" target="_blank

Arizona football players Jamarye Joiner, Darrius Smith and Dayven Coleman were arrested for second degree criminal trespassing at Arizona Stadium early in the morning of Oct. 23. All were cited and released, according to a University of Arizona Police Department report.

Coleman, a freshman defensive back, was additionally charged with the possession of marijuana and paraphernalia.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Dumb, dumb, and truly stupid.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

I mean outside of the weed possession this is nothing and it only falls on one player there. Hanging out at AZ Stadium late is nothing.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

So we have beaten the bottom 3 teams from the north and one of the bottom 2 teams from the south. In fact we only have 1 win in the south, ouch.

Really have not played well on the road so we have a lot to prove to determine if we have made progress over the year these last two games
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
prh

Post by prh »

ChooChooCat wrote:I mean outside of the weed possession this is nothing and it only falls on one player there. Hanging out at AZ Stadium late is nothing.
Choo do you know why they'd be arrested for trespassing in the stadium? I get that it's 12:45am, but still, seems weird. The article notes "closed to the public," so that doesn't help clarify either. (Specifically asking why they wouldn't be allowed in the stadium at any time)
Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

Not a big deal. I did the same thing in the stadium late at night in 1981. Did something alot more thrilling on the 50 yard line late at night in 1984.
2020 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2018 BEARDOWN WILDCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
2017 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2013 GOAZCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

I snuck into the stadium late at night a few times. But I had a whole lot less to lose than these kids do.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
prh

Post by prh »

Did you guys know that the tunnel system underneath campus leads to a door right next to the McKale weight room? Conveniently, it locks from the outside. So while I've never snuck into the stadium, I have snuck into the weight room and surrounding area quite a few times.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

this team is perfectly summed up by one pay in the first half of the wsu game.

the botched kickoff return that resulted in a td for wsu.
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Arizona football. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me 37 seasons, shame on me.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
blackjacker

Post by blackjacker »

I'm frustrated with the shitty decisions.

We could have had Mike Leach when Stoops was canned, he wanted the job.
I can't imagine him not doing at least as well here as he has in Pullman.

We could have had Les Miles when RR was canned. What was the problem? At LSU he was 114-34 and 9-3 his last year.

We pass up guys who have succeeded in power 5 conferences for guys who haven't.

Even when we have the chance to make the right moves, we fuck it up.
cats101

Post by cats101 »

Idk about Les (nothing against him but it's LSU), but good for WSU taking a chance on Leach. They'll protect always be near the top of the North as long as he's there.

The other thing that bugs me about this season. The schedule and Pac 12 being down. UCLA and USC both have shit season (which this team lost to) and Utah wins its first division title. I havent done an analysis but something tells me this team had the easiest schedule of any other conference team. Barf.
blackjacker

Post by blackjacker »

cats101 wrote:Idk about Les (nothing against him but it's LSU
Kansas has him now, so in a couple of years, we'll get to see how badly we fucked up again.
prh

Post by prh »

cats101 wrote:Idk about Les (nothing against him but it's LSU), but good for WSU taking a chance on Leach. They'll protect always be near the top of the North as long as he's there.

The other thing that bugs me about this season. The schedule and Pac 12 being down. UCLA and USC both have shit season (which this team lost to) and Utah wins its first division title. I havent done an analysis but something tells me this team had the easiest schedule of any other conference team. Barf.
Utah's misses were Oregon State and Cal, the 2 worst (or 2 out of 3 worst) teams in the league. They started 0-2 to UW and @WSU, destroyed Stanford @ Stanford, and had expected results otherwise except for losing @asu.

The conference is so bad that it seems they had an easy schedule, when they really didn't (relative to other schools).
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

I wonder if Hough regrets quitting? Realizing he was not that good, could have used him against Wazzu.

UALoco

Post by UALoco »

Jace's injury could not be underestimated. I had him down as the 2nd most important player after Tate. If both had been healthy all year, we would have won the P12 south, easily.
OSUCat

Post by OSUCat »

2018 Season officially over. It took a big choke, but it’s over.
Formerly Lynx Rufus.
Siempre Verde

Post by Siempre Verde »

Their QB wasn’t afraid to sell out his body. Ours...I’m just going to shut up and let his play speak for itself.
WildcatStunner

Post by WildcatStunner »

Tate was trash the entire season.
tgrumpy2

Post by tgrumpy2 »

WildcatStunner wrote:Tate was trash the entire season.
I don't think Mazzone helped him. You could see the pained look on Tate's face at the plays they were sending in during the fourth quarter. They just went in the bag and yea Tate can take his responsibility in this as well. I saw at least twice he had 10 yards or more in front of him and overthrew recievers.
prh

Post by prh »

Tate made multiple decisions to either throw deep or roll left when there was plenty of space directly in front. Including the 2nd down immediately before the field goal, that he easily would have picked up the first down and gotten the FG down to 30 yards.

But instead he throws it deep, inaccurately, or into double coverage. His TD to Poindexter should have been picked, bailed out by Poindexter. His 4th quarter pick was a horrible decision (and also horrible throw).

The only person out there dumber than Tate is Yates.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Even if we had won on the FG I would have only felt about a half a buck better about the program.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Putrid
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

prh wrote:Tate made multiple decisions to either throw deep or roll left when there was plenty of space directly in front. Including the 2nd down immediately before the field goal, that he easily would have picked up the first down and gotten the FG down to 30 yards.

But instead he throws it deep, inaccurately, or into double coverage. His TD to Poindexter should have been picked, bailed out by Poindexter. His 4th quarter pick was a horrible decision (and also horrible throw).

Lot of guys open too under coverage that Tate doesn't even see, or chooses not too.

Tate keeps trying to prove he can maker NFL passes.

Hopefully he will declare and the Tate experiment will be over. Some NFL team may get him with a really low draft pick, the kid is only 20.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

I went all in this year, got season tickets for the first time in years. Booked a trip to Houston for the UH game.

I had tickets to 8 games counting UH. I went to 4, we lost all four. I skipped 4 and we won all 4.
Today I tried to leave the stadium before the last drive. My son talked me into staying.

Sorry guys and gals. I fucking give up. :x
Last edited by UAEebs86 on Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Merkin wrote:
prh wrote:Tate made multiple decisions to either throw deep or roll left when there was plenty of space directly in front. Including the 2nd down immediately before the field goal, that he easily would have picked up the first down and gotten the FG down to 30 yards.

Lot of guys open too under coverage that Tate doesn't even see, or chooses not too.

Hopefully he will declare and the Tate experiment will be over. Some NFL team may get him with a really low draft pick, the kid is only 20.
Declare? Tate is nowhere close. Part of that is on the coaching too. When Tate continually does stuff to hurt the team, the coaching staff needs to dial it back.

That interception was a backbreaker.
cats101

Post by cats101 »

UAEebs86 wrote:I went all in this year, got season tickets for the first time in years. Booked a trip to Houston for the UH game.

I had tickets to 8 games counting UH. I went to 4, we lost all four. I skipped 4 and we won all 4.
Today I tried to leave the stadium before the last drive. My son talked me into staying.

Sorry guys. I fucking give up. :x
I honestly can't remember the last game I attended where UofA won, and I've been to a good handful (2014 asu?). So don't feel so bad.
blackjacker

Post by blackjacker »

If Yates is back next year, i won't be. If Tate is back as QB, I won't be back as a fan.
blackjacker

Post by blackjacker »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
Merkin wrote:

Declare? Tate is nowhere close. Part of that is on the coaching too. When Tate continually does stuff to hurt the team, the coaching staff needs to dial it back.

That interception was a backbreaker.
He only has one year eligibility. That's not enough time to develop him into a pro style QB. If that is what he is determined to be, let him take his show to the CFL or the new spring league. Maybe they have the time to work with him. We need to develop a QB for the future instead of wasting any more effort on him.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

azgreg

Post by azgreg »