Washington State scouting/prediction thread

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

UAdevil

Re: Washington State scouting/prediction thread

Post by UAdevil »

azpenguin wrote:The Cats' corners have actually been pretty effective against bubble screens. The problem for passing defense has been over the middle. QBs are finding wide open guys in the flat.
dc4azcats wrote: They can't run the ball.
They've got about the same amount of carries as last year... and they're averaging ten less yards a game. This is why they're 2-5 and not 4-3 or 5-2. Inability to run the ball cost them Rutgers, Utah, and possibly Cal and Nevada. Arizona, on the other hand, can run the ball and that's where the Cougs are going to have their biggest problem. A couple of decent gains and the receivers will be off to the races.
Provided our two main horses are good to go.
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
gumby

Post by gumby »

Another difference. Game is in Pullman.

I think they're improved despite the record. Seven-point loss to Oregon. Missed chip shot to lose to Cal. Common opponents (Nevada, Oregon, Cal) say we should win. Think Halliday is the best passer in the league, maybe the country.

As others have said, running the ball will be the key.
Right where I want to be.
Zona_Soccer10

Post by Zona_Soccer10 »

We need to key on Halliday and make them try to run the ball on us. Halliday has been inhuman in passing the ball, but that's all they can do to stay in games. What we need to look at is that they went blow for blow with Oregon until the end, that was impressive, but gave us the confidence to win. We can't take anything for granted, we just have to go out there and play our game. 37-17 Arizona.
qwertyus

Post by qwertyus »

gumby wrote:Another difference. Game is in Pullman.

I think they're improved despite the record. Seven-point loss to Oregon. Missed chip shot to lose to Cal. Common opponents (Nevada, Oregon, Cal) say we should win. Think Halliday is the best passer in the league, maybe the country.

As others have said, running the ball will be the key.
No. He makes way too many mistakes to earn that title. He's had good games with great stats, but he's also had crappy games with lots of turnovers. Way too inconsistent.
illcat

Post by illcat »

Agree he's good but he's not all world, wsu's record bears that out. Halliday need's a supporting cast to make him the best.
I mean I am not complaining but it must suck for good ugly girls.
--Officer Craig

You'll forgive DW99, he's used to the methed-out slores in Tempe ...
--Reydituto
qwertyus

Post by qwertyus »

illcat wrote:Agree he's good but he's not all world, wsu's record bears that out. Halliday need's a supporting cast to make him the best.
Not just that. Look at his stats. http://espn.go.com/college-football/pla ... r-halliday

Last year he was pretty garbage, the year before he was worse. He chucks the ball all over the field, good for him. He still gets sacked a bunch and throws picks, and often crucial picks.
UALoco

Post by UALoco »

With ASsu, USC, and Utah winning this week, the WSU game has pretty much become a must win to remain in the race to win the PAC 12 South.
Gladiator Cat

Post by Gladiator Cat »

Loco, I agree, the PAC12 South is a mine field to go through.

Whoever the hell wins this PAC12 championship in the end will truely deserve it.
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

Hell with it. Cats 41-17. Halliday has an off night.

What the hey, I've been wrong being pessimistic, might as well make a foolishly optimistic prediction and see what happens.
gumby

Post by gumby »

"Pure passer" ... didn't say best QB.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

gumby wrote:"Pure passer" ... didn't say best QB.
Do you think a comparison between Halliday and Jeff George would be fair? Million dollar arm with a 5 cent head?
gumby

Post by gumby »

Premature. Others: Sonny Jurgensen, John Hadl, On mediocre teams. Trailing a lot. Forced to do more than other OBs.

Just sayin that if Brett Hundley has just one of Halliday's big games, this Heisman thing would be over. As is, he pulls off a nice play once a quarter and "is still in the discussion."
qwertyus

Post by qwertyus »

gumby wrote:Premature. Others: Sonny Jurgensen, John Hadl, On mediocre teams. Trailing a lot. Forced to do more than other OBs.

Just sayin that if Brett Hundley has just one of Halliday's big games, this Heisman thing would be over. As is, he pulls off a nice play once a quarter and "is still in the discussion."
I guess I just don't care about someone's passing stats if they're dropping back 60-70 times a game, throwing TD's, and still finding ways to lose over and over again. Yeah, it looks nice on the stat sheet that Halliday can toss out 5-yard slants and screens (I know he sometimes chucks it deep occasionally, but most of his plays are short passes) and complete a good number of them, but the fact remains he still throws costly INT's and his team loses games.

This year is his best year, and he's at 66% completion on 64 (jesus freaking christ) attempts a game, for a whopping 7.64 yards/attempt with a 3.5 TD/INT ratio. For a Senior QB throwing that much, I'm not impressed.
ANGCatFan

Post by ANGCatFan »

Official game notes from arizonawildcats.com.

Depth chart updated with Bondurant an option at both LB and Spur.
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

qwertyus wrote:
gumby wrote:Premature. Others: Sonny Jurgensen, John Hadl, On mediocre teams. Trailing a lot. Forced to do more than other OBs.

I guess I just don't care about someone's passing stats if they're dropping back 60-70 times a game, throwing TD's, and still finding ways to lose over and over again. Yeah, it looks nice on the stat sheet that Halliday can toss out 5-yard slants and screens (I know he sometimes chucks it deep occasionally, but most of his plays are short passes) and complete a good number of them, but the fact remains he still throws costly INT's and his team loses games.

This year is his best year, and he's at 66% completion on 64 (jesus freaking christ) attempts a game, for a whopping 7.64 yards/attempt with a 3.5 TD/INT ratio. For a Senior QB throwing that much, I'm not impressed.
Yet this same QB, with a less stellar OL, beat us in Tucson last year. Quite a few people seem to have forgotten that or can't seem to process that fact. In the WSU losses I have seen this year the opposition has managed to get pressure on Halliday. If Casteel does what he did last year........drop 8 and rush 3 and play 10 yards off the receivers, then I think that Halliday is going to be more than capable of beating us for a second year in a row
dc4azcats

Post by dc4azcats »

dmjcat wrote:
qwertyus wrote:

Yet this same QB, with a less stellar OL, beat us in Tucson last year. Quite a few people seem to have forgotten that or can't seem to process that fact. In the WSU losses I have seen this year the opposition has managed to get pressure on Halliday. If Casteel does what he did last year........drop 8 and rush 3 and play 10 yards off the receivers, then I think that Halliday is going to be more than capable of beating us for a second year in a row
Because he lit us up LY what with all of his 319 yards passing and 24 points? Seven of those coming off a short field when Riggleman fumbled a snap at Arizona's 31 yard line. And yet we still had a chance to tie the game and force OT. Denker stunk up the place and yet Halliday was so impressive we still were in the game. Denker was 26 of 38 for 200 yards. Missed Grant with a throw that was so bad it was thrown out of the endzone giving grant no chance to catch it. Remember it like it was yesterday as Denker continuously kept the ball on the zone read and went nowhere. Meanwhile KaDeem was piling up the yards at 5 yards a pop.

Think about it - our 2 best WR's only had 45 yards receiving respectively and this was with the worse pass D in the conference in Wazzu.

I think it will be a difficult game since wazzu is at home but we have a QB that is light years better than Denker in regards to throwing the ball and not being selfish with the ball. Wilson will be back and we will run the ball very effectively to keep Halliday off the field.

Other than that you were spot on.
qwertyus

Post by qwertyus »

dmjcat wrote:
qwertyus wrote:

I'm arguing whether or not Halliday could be considered "the best passer in the league", but if you want to bitch about last year, go ahead. Our defense wasn't so good that it would take a "best passer in the league"-type of QB to get a win. At home our offense couldn't score enough on a pretty poor defense. That is why we lost.
RazorsEdgeAZ

Post by RazorsEdgeAZ »

Some highlights from Leach's presser yesterday:

Full transcript and video https://washingtonstate.rivals.com/cont ... ID=1694968
(With the bye, do you think you'll have more knowledge of Arizona?) "Probably similar, but more gradual. You have more time to digest it."

(On Arizona quarterback Anu Solomon) "Good player, good player. I think he's a big, physical guy that does some good stuff."

(Are the linebackers the strength of the Arizona defense?) "They're big, physical guys."

(On the culture of the team progressing since the beginning of the year) "We've played hard, we've played extremely hard, we've played some good teams close and we've also battled some external factors that … well, anyway. We're a work in progress and steadily improving."

(What are those external factors?) "You can probably use your imagination and I think you could sort that out yourself."

(On playing against good friend Rich Rodriguez) "Playing against all these guys is the same as playing against anybody else. You're a little preoccupied with their players and their team … I get asked every game and now that I know more coaches than ever I get it more often than ever. There's no memory lane, there's no misty moment on the sideline, there's no 'oh my gosh, old Rich is over there.' None of that exists. There's only Arizona Wildcats running around as fast as can be, chasing around and trying to tackle all of your guys, trying to catch up with your defense and you're pretty preoccupied with that. Rich is a good guy and so I'll see him and we'll probably hangout some in the offseason."

(On Arizona offense) "They spread it out to run it. We predominantly spread it out to throw it, while they spread it out to run it."

(On Destiny Vaeao possibly starting as nose tackle vs. Arizona) "He could start any of five positions and we're as excited as can be at any one of them. We look forward to him moving it around and doing it the same."

(What makes Vaeao so versatile?) "He's tall, long arms, football means a lot to him and he plays extremely hard."

(What have you seen out of Arizona on film?) "I think they've progressively gotten better. They had a pretty accommodating early schedule and I think they've been able to get better one step at a time. Every game they build their team."
Last edited by RazorsEdgeAZ on Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Machina

Post by Machina »

dc4azcats wrote:
dmjcat wrote:
qwertyus wrote:

Because he lit us up LY what with all of his 319 yards passing and 24 points? Seven of those coming off a short field when Riggleman fumbled a snap at Arizona's 31 yard line. And yet we still had a chance to tie the game and force OT. Denker stunk up the place and yet Halliday was so impressive we still were in the game. Denker was 26 of 38 for 200 yards. Missed Grant with a throw that was so bad it was thrown out of the endzone giving grant no chance to catch it. Remember it like it was yesterday as Denker continuously kept the ball on the zone read and went nowhere. Meanwhile KaDeem was piling up the yards at 5 yards a pop.

Think about it - our 2 best WR's only had 45 yards receiving respectively and this was with the worse pass D in the conference in Wazzu.

I think it will be a difficult game since wazzu is at home but we have a QB that is light years better than Denker in regards to throwing the ball and not being selfish with the ball. Wilson will be back and we will run the ball very effectively to keep Halliday off the field.

Maybe Denker was selfish with the ball at times, but I feel he made the right read on read options a lot more often than Anu (not a slam on Anu, he is a freshman, I get that). Hopefully Anu worked on making the right read during the last week plus so that the Cats don't leave too many points on the board.
ANGCatFan

Post by ANGCatFan »

dmjcat wrote:Yet this same QB, with a less stellar OL, beat us in Tucson last year. Quite a few people seem to have forgotten that or can't seem to process that fact.
Who are these people that have forgotten we lost to Halliday and Wash St? Do you have any specific posters in mind? Do you realize that just because someone talks about how we can win this year that does not mean they have forgotten we lost last year?

Instead of focusing on last year, everyone, except you, is trying to see how this year's Arizona team can beat this year's Wash St team.

Your concern about about us playing off the receivers and rushing 3 is valid. We need to do something to disrupt their quick passes while also not giving up big plays. I think defense is the key to the game. Two of the conferences top offenses are facing 2 below average defenses. To prevent another shootout in conference play, one of the defenses will have to step up and slow down the other team's offense. I hope it is Arizona who steps up.

I also think our defense has the easier task. We have to slow down the most one dimensional offense in the conference. We will have had 2 weeks to solidify our pass protection and pass rush. The cougars, on the other hand, will have to stop the most balanced attack in the conference.

Vegas has us a slight favorite, records are in our favor, and stats say we are the better team, is it so surprising that most people see this as a winnable game?

I think the truth is actually the opposite of what you wrote. Most of the preseason posts I saw on Wash St had them along with Utah as the 2 lower tier teams most likely to beat us. People fear Halliday and the pass happy, pirate coach and no one wants them to have the ball at the end of the 4th with a chance to win the game. Given a chance, Wash St can score to win the game. We need to be able to get ahead and then run the ball down their throats so they don't have a chance for another PAC 12 highlight finish.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

It's obvious that since we lost to the Cougars last year we will lose to them every year.

Wait a minute. If you look at this website it shows that sometimes when 1 team wins one year the other team can win the next year. How is this even possible.

http://football.stassen.com/cgi-bin/rec ... gton+State

Historically we are 12-6 at their place. I like our chances.
BearDown89

Post by BearDown89 »

dc4azcats wrote:
dmjcat wrote:
qwertyus wrote:

That and he can't process the fact that it was last year.
BMalo

Post by BMalo »

Our ability to run the ball will be imperative. Hopefully TJG and Wilson are back but if not, it sounds like Baker and Smith are next in line, respectively. Being able to run the ball well will help kill the clock and keep the ball out of Halliday's hands, in theory. I don't think they will have a problem scoring so we need to take advantage of all redzone trips. I think we win this one in the 7-14 pt range but would like to win by 3 TDs +.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

azgreg is a pure poster.
azpenguin

Post by azpenguin »

Most teams that hold Washington State to 24 points win handily. It's not like they dominated the Cats last year by putting up video game numbers. The Cats offense fell flat, they gave the ball away, and you have to give credit to Wazzu for a solid game plan and for executing that plan.

WSU is dangerous and not a pushover by any means. Arizona, however, is a much more well rounded team and they know full well what happened last year. Arizona 42, WSU 31.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Longhorned wrote:azgreg is a pure poster.
Is that good or bad?
gumby

Post by gumby »

qwertyus wrote:

It's OK not to care. He can make all the throws. That's all I'm saying. It's just that Leach dictates the short game by not having a running game.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Rained last night. Will probably do so for the next three days, at least. Intermittent rain in the forecast for Saturday.
RazorsEdgeAZ

Post by RazorsEdgeAZ »

BMalo wrote:Our ability to run the ball will be imperative. Hopefully TJG and Wilson are back but if not, it sounds like Baker and Smith are next in line, respectively. Being able to run the ball well will help kill the clock and keep the ball out of Halliday's hands, in theory.
I'm going with this theory. Wazzu's lowest total offense totals TY came against Nevada (L), Oregon(L),Utah(W in Salt Lake) and Stanford. Nevada and Oregon ran heavy against them. Utah and Stan were balanced.

I Expect it to be a tough/close game. Think the bye week helps Wazzu more. This is their 1st bye week of season. They've also played one more game than Arizona going into this game. 3pm start, game should be a sellout.

Halliday is going to get his yardage. His lowest passing total TY is 292 (Stanford), next is 389 (Nev). I expect he'll get 400+. 138 passing yards for Halliday gets him the Wazzu all-time passing yardage leader. Of course Arizona/Wazzu have played common opponents this year - Nevada, Cal and Oregon. Arizona/Wazzu defenses somewhat similar in terms of stats with those opponents EXCEPT Nevada. Nevada put a number on Wazzu. Beat them (Reno) 24-13, held wazzu to 427 total yds, ran ball 56 times, passed 21.

Predicted an Arizona win preseason. I'll stick to it but close.

First Playoff committee poll comes out Monday. A win over Wazzu and top 15 in that poll sets up lots of excitement and stakes going into UCLA nationally televised game
dc4azcats

Post by dc4azcats »

Machina wrote: Maybe Denker was selfish with the ball at times, but I feel he made the right read on read options a lot more often than Anu (not a slam on Anu, he is a freshman, I get that). Hopefully Anu worked on making the right read during the last week plus so that the Cats don't leave too many points on the board.
I know you like Denker and all but he was horrible in the zone read for this game and all you have to do is look at his stats. He rushed the ball 17 times for 64 yards which is a 3.8 average. If he was reading it correctly he would've been more in the 8 to 10 yard average. Add in that he had 1 carry for 17 yards and he was brutal in the zone read.

Early in the 2nd qtr Bondurant gets a pick and we get the ball at the Wazzu 36. First play Denker keeps it and fumbles. Keep in mind that on our previous possession KaDeem runs 30 yards for a TD. Denker had another fumble a couple of possessions later but recovered the fumble but it was still a 4 yard loss. Machina, how many times do you remember KaDeem getting tackled behind the LOS? Not just this game but any game? Denker was tackled behind the LOS and fumbled twice in just the 2nd qtr. Go look at the play by play of this game and if not for Denker being inept - this game isn't close. That and Riggleman putting 17 yards on a punt that Wazzu scored on (they started their drive on their own 40) and the Riggleman fumble that Wazzu also scored on.

This game shouldn't have come down to us going for the tie with a minute left in the game. Besides the bad punt and the muff, we also missed 2 FG from inside 40 yards.
Last edited by dc4azcats on Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Machina

Post by Machina »

Denker may have sucked throwing the ball in the begining of the year and doing the zone read in the Wazzu game. But it is just something I have noticed with Anu all year about not making the right read. The point is that Arizona is a good team but cannot afford to leave too many points on the field.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Anu is already better than Denker at making the right reads.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Chicat wrote:Anu is already better than Denker at making the right reads.
Except on two-point conversions at the end of big games. :(
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Anu is better at reads than BJ is like saying Skippy peanut butter is better than Peter Pan peanut butter. Skippy may be a better peanut butter, but it's still not Peanut Butter and Co Smooth Operator.

BUT, only a RS FR, so he will get better although he already has a year in the system so he probably will never get them all.
catinfl

Post by catinfl »

Yeah Denker made better reads but Anu executes and is so much more talented than Denker and that's not even close
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

Merkin wrote:Anu is better at reads than BJ is like saying Skippy peanut butter is better than Peter Pan peanut butter. Skippy may be a better peanut butter, but it's still not Peanut Butter and Co Smooth Operator.

BUT, only a RS FR, so he will get better although he already has a year in the system so he probably will never get them all.
But choosey moms choose Jif!
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

ANGCatFan wrote:
dmjcat wrote:Yet this same QB, with a less stellar OL, beat us in Tucson last year. Quite a few people seem to have forgotten that or can't seem to process that fact.
Who are these people that have forgotten we lost to Halliday and Wash St? Do you have any specific posters in mind? Do you realize that just because someone talks about how we can win this year that does not mean they have forgotten we lost last year?

Instead of focusing on last year, everyone, except you, is trying to see how this year's Arizona team can beat this year's Wash St team.

Your concern about about us playing off the receivers and rushing 3 is valid. We need to do something to disrupt their quick passes while also not giving up big plays. I think defense is the key to the game. Two of the conferences top offenses are facing 2 below average defenses. To prevent another shootout in conference play, one of the defenses will have to step up and slow down the other team's offense. I hope it is Arizona who steps up.

I also think our defense has the easier task. We have to slow down the most one dimensional offense in the conference. We will have had 2 weeks to solidify our pass protection and pass rush. The cougars, on the other hand, will have to stop the most balanced attack in the conference.

Vegas has us a slight favorite, records are in our favor, and stats say we are the better team, is it so surprising that most people see this as a winnable game?

I think the truth is actually the opposite of what you wrote. Most of the preseason posts I saw on Wash St had them along with Utah as the 2 lower tier teams most likely to beat us. People fear Halliday and the pass happy, pirate coach and no one wants them to have the ball at the end of the 4th with a chance to win the game. Given a chance, Wash St can score to win the game. We need to be able to get ahead and then run the ball down their throats so they don't have a chance for another PAC 12 highlight finish.
No specific poster in mind, but lets face it, there are those predicting a 3 TD blowout by the Cats.......even though we are only a narrow favorite. One thing you said actually sticks out:

"Instead of focusing on last year, everyone, except you, is trying to see how this year's Arizona team can beat this year's Wash St team"

That in a nutshell is the problem with most message board posters.....they see everything through rose-colored glasses. I try to be a bit more realistic.........I also see how we could possibly lose this game:

1) It is doubtful that Wilson or Grigsby will be ready to play
2) Bundage is probably out and the OL depth is so thin that Fanene has been moved over to the OL
3) We still have Casteel and the 3-3-5 prevent defense. I doubt our CB's will get line up closer than 10
yards to a WSU receiver for the bulk of the game
4) The game is on the road........possibly in the rain
5) WSU is desparate

I hope the Kool-Aid drinkers are right and we slaughter the Pirate..........I just think that Vegas is closer
to reality than most of the posters on this board.

ps I may quickly change my mind if Casteel actually tries rushing more than 3 or has the DB's line up, gulp,
5 yards off the WSU receivers!
ANGCatFan

Post by ANGCatFan »

A few numbers to consider from the ESPN blog:
Opposing defenses have committed 17 penalties against Arizona, the most against any Pac-12 team.

Arizona averages the fewest seconds of possession per play in the Pac-12 (20.1).

Arizona RB Nick Wilson owns the Pac-12's longest rush of the season -- an 85-yard touchdown run against UTSA. Only two other players have a carry longer than 57 yards yards.

Three WSU receivers – Vince Mayle, River Cracraft and Dom Williams – have a reception of 84 yards or longer. Of the rest of the conference, only Arizona (Cayleb Jones and Austin Hill) has more than one.

WSU punts on just 29.5 percent of its drives, the third-lowest percentage in the Pac-12.
Saint James

Post by Saint James »

"1) It is doubtful that Wilson or Grigsby will be ready to play
2) Bundage is probably out and the OL depth is so thin that Fanene has been moved over to the OL
3) We still have Casteel and the 3-3-5 prevent defense. I doubt our CB's will get line up closer than 10
yards to a WSU receiver for the bulk of the game
4) The game is on the road........possibly in the rain
5) WSU is desparate"

1) Both will be playing
2) Bundage will play
3) the weakness of the 3-3-5 is more towards the power running game not the spread passing game
4) light rain at mostly in early AM and in the evening, relatively warm (at least not cold), playing on turf. Should not create problems.
5)So are we if we want to stay competitive for the PAC12 south.

UA 45
WSU 31
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

azgreg

Post by azgreg »

ANGCatFan

Post by ANGCatFan »

Cougar practice report from The Spokesman-Review.
“(Upcoming opponent Arizona is) the Indy 500 of offenses,” defensive line coach Joe Salave'a said. “Tempo never slows down one bit so I think our tempo in our practices is going to be critical and our work this week is going to be critical. We don't half-step anything and we're trying to keep up with the pace of the offense.”
gumby

Post by gumby »

dc4azcats wrote:
Machina wrote: Maybe Denker was selfish with the ball at times, but I feel he made the right read on read options a lot more often than Anu (not a slam on Anu, he is a freshman, I get that). Hopefully Anu worked on making the right read during the last week plus so that the Cats don't leave too many points on the board.
I know you like Denker and all but he was horrible in the zone read for this game and all you have to do is look at his stats. He rushed the ball 17 times for 64 yards which is a 3.8 average. If he was reading it correctly he would've been more in the 8 to 10 yard average. Add in that he had 1 carry for 17 yards and he was brutal in the zone read.

Early in the 2nd qtr Bondurant gets a pick and we get the ball at the Wazzu 36. First play Denker keeps it and fumbles. Keep in mind that on our previous possession KaDeem runs 30 yards for a TD. Denker had another fumble a couple of possessions later but recovered the fumble but it was still a 4 yard loss. Machina, how many times do you remember KaDeem getting tackled behind the LOS? Not just this game but any game? Denker was tackled behind the LOS and fumbled twice in just the 2nd qtr. Go look at the play by play of this game and if not for Denker being inept - this game isn't close. That and Riggleman putting 17 yards on a punt that Wazzu scored on (they started their drive on their own 40) and the Riggleman fumble that Wazzu also scored on.

This game shouldn't have come down to us going for the tie with a minute left in the game. Besides the bad punt and the muff, we also missed 2 FG from inside 40 yards.
If only we had some guys competing for that job in practice ...
catinfl wrote:Yeah Denker made better reads but Anu executes and is so much more talented than Denker and that's not even close
This year.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

ANGCatFan wrote:Cougar practice report from The Spokesman-Review.
“(Upcoming opponent Arizona is) the Indy 500 of offenses,” defensive line coach Joe Salave'a said. “Tempo never slows down one bit so I think our tempo in our practices is going to be critical and our work this week is going to be critical. We don't half-step anything and we're trying to keep up with the pace of the offense.”
That's a name from the past. Who was it who was saying the UA made a mistake in letting him go?
gumby

Post by gumby »

That rag? Don't read it.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

gumby wrote:That rag? Don't read it.
Even the opinion pages?
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Hey look a free online paper! That model should work well shouldn't it?

Even the local rag charges $1 a month for print subscribers which my wife is.

Although she never reads the paper version, and normally goes straight into the recycling bin, but we are doing our part to save the industry.
azpenguin

Post by azpenguin »

Online subscription fees ain't gonna do much to save the newspaper industry. The amount of money they used to make on print ads is absolutely staggering.
Mr.Zebra

Post by Mr.Zebra »

Wildcats win on a last second FG. Skowron gets twitter love.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Chicat wrote:
Even the opinion pages?
Garbage!