Uniform update

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

scumdevils86

Re: Uniform update

Post by scumdevils86 »

Working from home is a godsend. No more slacks and button ups and uncomfortable shoes. I gave up wearing tie to work years ago. I've only worn a belt about 4 times in the last 17 months.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

scumdevils86 wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:57 am I've only worn a belt about 4 times in the last 17 months.

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

A former coworker of mine just created her own line of travel pajamas.

Literally, they’re PJs you’re supposed to wear out in public when flying from one city to another.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

I've worn a full suit once in my life and that was to junior prom
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Chicat wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 11:34 am A former coworker of mine just created her own line of travel pajamas.

Literally, they’re PJs you’re supposed to wear out in public when flying from one city to another.

Saw plenty of PJ pants on both men and women students when I was working at Cal Poly. My wife used to work at an elementary school, and she said she would see parents all the time in PJs dropping off their kids.
Fendicent4ever

Post by Fendicent4ever »

TheCatInTheHat wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 3:53 pm Nobody's ever going to come out and say "I am the one who caused something to happen that nobody liked", and ultimately the responsibility is always with the AD & President. But I have heard Byrne and Heeke in radio interviews respond to criticisms of our football uniforms with comments about having their hands tied by our deals and maybe doing something about it down the road. Maybe that's just waiting for the latest 3-year refresh period to expire, but that was about 5 of those in a row. As for the "F-You, Nike", even if the approved uniform versions were ultimately self-inflicted poor choices by geniuses in the athletic department, the alleged cutting-edge brilliance of the designs provided by Nike obviously didn't move anybody, since we're now saying "enough!" and just slapping a swoosh logo on a pre-Nike design.

From people I know at Nike, each branded school gets a PM. Ours for years may or may not have been a former college athlete in the western USA.

I only say may or may not because I don't have 100% confirmation he had the final call, but thats the process. Dudes got terrible taste, and we bore the brunt.

And frankly, I enjoy getting golf shoes and Cortez' for the price that I ultimately pay.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

TheCatInTheHat

Post by TheCatInTheHat »

Fendicent4ever wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 12:36 am
TheCatInTheHat wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 3:53 pm Nobody's ever going to come out and say "I am the one who caused something to happen that nobody liked", and ultimately the responsibility is always with the AD & President. But I have heard Byrne and Heeke in radio interviews respond to criticisms of our football uniforms with comments about having their hands tied by our deals and maybe doing something about it down the road. Maybe that's just waiting for the latest 3-year refresh period to expire, but that was about 5 of those in a row. As for the "F-You, Nike", even if the approved uniform versions were ultimately self-inflicted poor choices by geniuses in the athletic department, the alleged cutting-edge brilliance of the designs provided by Nike obviously didn't move anybody, since we're now saying "enough!" and just slapping a swoosh logo on a pre-Nike design.

From people I know at Nike, each branded school gets a PM. Ours for years may or may not have been a former college athlete in the western USA.

I only say may or may not because I don't have 100% confirmation he had the final call, but thats the process. Dudes got terrible taste, and we bore the brunt.

And frankly, I enjoy getting golf shoes and Cortez' for the price that I ultimately pay.
That would explain a lot. Without calling him out, I assume the PM you refer to wasn't one of our alums. If he's from any kind of a rival, well ruining a team's image would seem to be pretty effective sabotage (although we've been better at that internally than any external influence could be for many years now.) People may just brush it off as just an annoyance, but I'd rather not have the financial benefit from all the free gear than hand over my company's branding to somebody who's not particularly on my side in a business where appearances can make a difference in recruiting and ultimately impact success somewhat. Even without the conspiracy theory stuff, the same holds true for somebody who's incompetent.
Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

I would think, "Come play for the red, white, and blue" might be a good statement to throw out there.
2020 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2018 BEARDOWN WILDCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
2017 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2013 GOAZCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
Fendicent4ever

Post by Fendicent4ever »

TheCatInTheHat wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:36 am
Fendicent4ever wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 12:36 am

That would explain a lot. Without calling him out, I assume the PM you refer to wasn't one of our alums. If he's from any kind of a rival, well ruining a team's image would seem to be pretty effective sabotage (although we've been better at that internally than any external influence could be for many years now.) People may just brush it off as just an annoyance, but I'd rather not have the financial benefit from all the free gear than hand over my company's branding to somebody who's not particularly on my side in a business where appearances can make a difference in recruiting and ultimately impact success somewhat. Even without the conspiracy theory stuff, the same holds true for somebody who's incompetent.
Agreed wholeheartedly. Also- he is not an Arizona alum. I would also suspect its more the case of a busywork culture (tons of projects due, change for changes sake) his crappy palette/eye for design, and incompetence than anything nefarious. Case in point- a shocking number of Nike designers are Oregon State alums, many of which have done their best work (popular sentiment + internal) on Oregon Ducks uniforms.

They may be corporate drones or unskilled, but they at least attempt professionalism. Which ultimately almost makes it WORSE IMO how bad our uniforms have been in revenue sports.
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

Thankfully the Cats don't have to wear these uniforms :lol:
2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Hideous
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

If you can't tell those are fake and a parody
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

If true, they are about to be the laughing stock of college football. Those can’t be true.
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

The new uniforms are so clean. Hopefully we get a red one as well but these are great
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

Irish27 wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:10 pm Thankfully the Cats don't have to wear these uniforms :lol:
Not much worse than our Stoops era unis with the bra strap looking stripe across the back.
2020 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2018 BEARDOWN WILDCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
2017 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2013 GOAZCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Carcassdragger wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:43 pm Not much worse than our Stoops era unis with the bra strap looking stripe across the back.
Those unis were still better than the ones we've been wearing.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

azgreg wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 3:38 pm
Carcassdragger wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:43 pm Not much worse than our Stoops era unis with the bra strap looking stripe across the back.
Those unis were still better than the ones we've been wearing.
Yeah. Stoops era was fine. Gradient was when it all went wrong.