Mississippi State

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Merkin

Re: Mississippi State

Post by Merkin »

Abrahamarvel wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 8:40 am
Merkin wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 4:11 pm I hate FS1. Hard to find a stream. Hopefully FC can provide one.
Sportsurge
Thanks. Hopefully it's not another FirstRowSports with a bunch of popups and virus downloads.

What do you do for the reference code in the registration box?
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

azgreg wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 11:56 am
Do you listen to this podcast? I have listened a few times and just got annoyed overall but that was a while ago so maybe they are better now?
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
CardiacCats97

Post by CardiacCats97 »

ghostwhitehorse wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 8:40 am We have been found: https://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.p ... e-Saturday
I read through their board. Seems they think they’re an under the radar top-10 team and that any of us who think Arizona might have the slightest chance of pulling off a miracle are delusional idiots.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

MSU using rednecks to describe Arizona fans is one of the worst cases of lack of self-awareness I have ever seen.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

UAEebs86 wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 4:37 pm MSU using rednecks to describe Arizona fans is one of the worst cases of lack of self-awareness I have ever seen.
Pot meet…cowbell
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

I’ll give them something to talk about…

If I never set foot in that broke-ass, backwards state again, I’ll be happy. I’ve been to Starkville and Mississippi State (yes the uni has its own city and zip code) not impressed.
OSUCat

Post by OSUCat »

One of the top 2024 recruits will be at the game.
Formerly Lynx Rufus.
Abrahamarvel

Post by Abrahamarvel »

Merkin wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 3:12 pm
Merkin wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 4:11 pm I hate FS1. Hard to find a stream. Hopefully FC can provide one.
Sportsurge
Thanks. Hopefully it's not another FirstRowSports with a bunch of popups and virus downloads.

I use adblock add ons, just choose the most popular ones in your browser store.

Then ignore all registration request. They normally go away after a few seconds, those that don't, they can be closed by click on the x somewhere.
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

Now I want to kick their ass on Saturday just because I'm sick and tired of so many acting like every team in the SEC walks on water because they're the SEC.
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
TheCatInTheHat

Post by TheCatInTheHat »

No doubt there's a certain level of "it just means more" SEC vs Pac-12 football attitude, and I think there's a bit of a chip on the shoulder thing in terms of expecting a certain level of acknowledgement, both from the media and opposing fans. From their perspective, not only are we not USC, but our recent history puts us numerically shoulder to shoulder with Colorado, although we've apparently made rapid improvement. Meanwhile, they're not Alabama, but they've been middle of the pack of the toughest conference in the country. They've averaged 7 wins for the last 10 years, they've been to 12 straight bowl games (7-5), and this is Year Three under Leach, which is when it's all supposed to come together for a college coaching regime. So far, he's won at #6 LSU, at #15 Texas A&M, and at #17 Auburn, along with beating #12 Kentucky at home. That's not forgiving any over-the-top fan behavior; just providing a little background, because I doubt most of our fans have paid that much attention to them. We certainly can beat them, but the dominoes all have to fall right, just about everybody has to play well, and we could also use the bounce of the ball once or twice.

Meanwhile, after perusing one of their boards, there's always some of the local culture with a rivalry. Theirs is obviously Mississippi. But, in that regard (for Mississippi, not MSU), there was something about "black bears" and "land sharks" that had me scratching my head. I think we're all well aware of the issues with Confederate statues and flags. So, Mississippi had a sideline mascot that was a Confederate colonel, in full grey uniform. No surprise they got rid of that a few years ago. What you might not know (and I certainly didn't), is that they switched that to a black bear, because I guess they have some of those locally, just like we do on Mt. Lemmon. Somebody didn't like that, either. So, apparently a former player used to make the shark warning sign scuba divers use (knife-edge hand to forehead, like a shark fin) to celebrate big defensive plays. And they chose to go with a "land shark" in a sideline costume that's straight out of the 1970s Saturday Night Live skits. So now rival fans and players make the shark sign whenever they give up a big play. You can't make this stuff up; college administrators' minds are not wired like those of normal people.
Last edited by TheCatInTheHat on Wed Sep 07, 2022 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheCatInTheHat

Post by TheCatInTheHat »

(Duplicate Post)
tgrumpy2

Post by tgrumpy2 »

Abrahamarvel wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 6:26 pm
Sportsurge

I use adblock add ons, just choose the most popular ones in your browser store.

Then ignore all registration request. They normally go away after a few seconds, those that don't, they can be closed by click on the x somewhere.

Sling TV streams FS1 and the picture quality is very good. I'm not sure if they still offer it but Sling used to offer you a free week to see if you liked it. Take it for a week and then say no.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Yea FS1 has always been good for me on sling.
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

YouTube TV has FS1 and a free week trial.
OSUCat

Post by OSUCat »

I’m not sure it will happen, but the fact that Arizona could be selling out its first home game of the year after only winning one game in two years is pretty crazy.
Formerly Lynx Rufus.
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

Catintheheat wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 4:54 pm
EastCoastCat wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 4:28 pm Is it too much to ask to punk a SEC team?
The Cats are unproven. But, they played well today. I think De Laura to Cowing will be remembered decades from now. I would love to see Arizona Stadium rocking next weekend. I don't know what to expect, but I do know the Cats just beast SDSU when we were not the favorite. We beat them handily in the opening of their new stadium (that will always be a note for that stadium). I was impressed.

Yes, Mississippi State can go bad. OTOH, Arizona Stadium should be rocking. Look at it another way. Things can go bad and it becomes a season of development. But, if the Cats look like they did tonight, this could be a program defining game. I believe the Cats will beat Mississippi State. Right now I believe the Cats should be close to a top 25 team and will be ranked some time this season. They have the heart and talent to compete. The Cats have All-American talent on their team. Losing to Mississippi State would surprise me. The Cats are open ended.
Well I appreciate the confidence but they are 14.5 dogs. I hope they play well but Az. losing would not be a surprise. Just hoping to see improvement and if we can put together a couple of long drives who knows.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

tgrumpy2 wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 6:30 pm Sling TV streams FS1 and the picture quality is very good. I'm not sure if they still offer it but Sling used to offer you a free week to see if you liked it. Take it for a week and then say no.
I have been using Sling during every basketball season, and mostly during football season (outside the Sumlin disaster), but normally get Sling Orange with the sports package but think FS1 is on the other package.
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

Here are the 3 things I know about MSU:
1. They have a pirate as a coach who has either beaten Arizona spectacularly or failed miserably.
2. They think cow bells are cool for some reason
3. Since 2000, there have been at least eight suspected lynchings of Black men and teenagers in Mississippi, according to court records and police reports.

In other words security should stop anyone with a cow bell or wearing a sheet.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

FS1 is on all these streaming platforms:

DIRECTV STREAM – Entertainment Package
FuboTV – Pro
Hulu + Live TV
Sling Orange + Blue
YouTube TV

You could do a trial offer on any of them.
-JB
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

When I lived in West TN, Mississippi and how racist they were was always the butt of jokes.

Did you hear about the daredevil in MS?
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Merkin wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 7:56 pm
tgrumpy2 wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 6:30 pm Sling TV streams FS1 and the picture quality is very good. I'm not sure if they still offer it but Sling used to offer you a free week to see if you liked it. Take it for a week and then say no.
I have been using Sling during every basketball season, and mostly during football season (outside the Sumlin disaster), but normally get Sling Orange with the sports package but think FS1 is on the other package.
You can switch back and forth.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

wyo-cat wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:34 pm

Did you hear about the daredevil in MS?
I'll bite. No, I didn't hear about the daredevil in Mississippi. Last words "Y'all watch this"?
-JB
CardiacCats97

Post by CardiacCats97 »

TheCat wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 7:46 pm
Catintheheat wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 4:54 pm
EastCoastCat wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 4:28 pm Is it too much to ask to punk a SEC team?
The Cats are unproven. But, they played well today. I think De Laura to Cowing will be remembered decades from now. I would love to see Arizona Stadium rocking next weekend. I don't know what to expect, but I do know the Cats just beast SDSU when we were not the favorite. We beat them handily in the opening of their new stadium (that will always be a note for that stadium). I was impressed.

Yes, Mississippi State can go bad. OTOH, Arizona Stadium should be rocking. Look at it another way. Things can go bad and it becomes a season of development. But, if the Cats look like they did tonight, this could be a program defining game. I believe the Cats will beat Mississippi State. Right now I believe the Cats should be close to a top 25 team and will be ranked some time this season. They have the heart and talent to compete. The Cats have All-American talent on their team. Losing to Mississippi State would surprise me. The Cats are open ended.
Well I appreciate the confidence but they are 14.5 dogs. I hope they play well but Az. losing would not be a surprise. Just hoping to see improvement and if we can put together a couple of long drives who knows.
It’s down to a 10.5 point spread. Saw it at 8 for a while but I’m guessing people bet it up.

I think we can keep it close. Hopefully that will lose a bunch of these Mississippi hicks their monthly welfare check.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

I'm not expecting a win... If we are still keeping it a fairly close game going into the 4th quarter I will be satisfied
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

Sportsurge

Free trial on Fubo

https://www.fubo.tv/stream/college-foot ... bid2=NCAAF
BBQ wildcat

Post by BBQ wildcat »

I certainly wouldn't expect us to win and would be satisfied if we can keep it to 7 points or so. Just hope to not see a bunch of unforced mistakes.
cpt

Post by cpt »

I will say it: the Cats are going to win. This team is really good.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

dmjcat wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 9:14 am
Free trial on Fubo

https://www.fubo.tv/stream/college-foot ... bid2=NCAAF
Thanks. I have used up my free trials with my 3 emails on almost all platforms, but this one may still be available to me.

I also use disposable credit card numbers just in case I forget to cancel.
AzCatFan2

Post by AzCatFan2 »

I don't think weather will be a factor. It will be warm and maybe a little muggy, thanks to Kay. Mississippi players may feel right at home. However, the late start time may be a factor. The game will start 10:00 PM Miss time, and it should be beyond midnight by the time the 4th quarter starts. If we can keep the game close going into the second half, this might give us an advantage. We've never played well when we've headed east, and had start times in the AM Tucson time. And teams heading west have struggled late in games out west, that start very late back home.
OSUCat

Post by OSUCat »

Formerly Lynx Rufus.
CardiacCats97

Post by CardiacCats97 »

OSUCat wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 11:50 am
Jedd is earning his paycheck. Now he’s just got to give us something to cheer about.
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

With less than 10,000 to get to capacity, I'm thinking we sell out before game time. Good job Tucson!
TheCatInTheHat

So Much For "More Cowbell"

Post by TheCatInTheHat »

Pac-12 rules don't allow them in league stadia. We should get creative and play the SNL video with Christopher Walken on CatVision when things don't go MSU's way. On second thought, maybe a bad idea when they're favored by over 10 points.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Brooks! Where's tucsonpaint?
-JB
CardiacCats97

Post by CardiacCats97 »

OSUCat wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 6:23 pm One of the top 2024 recruits will be at the game.
This kid is a 5-Star from Tucson?
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

-JB
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

CardiacCats97 wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 7:02 pm
OSUCat wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 6:23 pm One of the top 2024 recruits will be at the game.
This kid is a 5-Star from Tucson?
4 star defensive end from Salpointe, , or 5 star if you look at the composite rating

https://247sports.com/player/elijah-rushing-46115102/
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

-JB
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

La Paloma is infested with MSU fans
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Alieberman wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 1:47 pm La Paloma is infested with MSU fans
My, that's posh of them.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Alieberman wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 1:47 pm La Paloma is infested with MSU fans
-JB
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

I want to start a club named Straight married Boomer dudes who love Tim Gunn.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

Cougs proved anything is possible. Go PAC.
Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

TheCat wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 5:14 pm Cougs proved anything is possible. Go PAC.
So did Marshall. So did Appalachian St.

It's upset Saturday! Lets go Cats!!
2020 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2018 BEARDOWN WILDCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
2017 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2013 GOAZCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

TheCat wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 5:14 pm Cougs proved anything is possible. Go PAC.
But not the ShitShovels.

~ Wilhoit's Law
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Looks like sharp money going against the Cats.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Trying to understand that past Miss St being undervalued. Our strength is our secondary and we have improved both our lines. A bit perplexing. Hope they gargle on their bets
Last edited by azcat49 on Sat Sep 10, 2022 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
azgreg

Post by azgreg »