So Damn Nervous

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

KCF

So Damn Nervous

Post by KCF »

It really is real. I am going to throw up at some point tomorrow.

azgreg

Re: So Damn Nervous

Post by azgreg »

I'm not going to get shit done at work.
SCCat

Post by SCCat »

Don't be nervous.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

We are going to lose by 30, just accept it now and have a productive day tomorrow
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

I've got meetings all morning and then I'll be bearing down on beating those quacking fuckholes the rest of the day. Hope the day goes quick!
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
catinfl

Post by catinfl »

Alieberman wrote:We are going to lose by 30, just accept it now and have a productive day tomorrow
I don't have a bad feeling about this game though sooo
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

The most unproductive day I ever had a work was Monday, March 31, 1997. I'm expecting about the same tomorrow.

Things turned out OK that night, so I am hoping for the same tomorrow night! :)
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
FreeSpiritCat

Post by FreeSpiritCat »

What's so exciting is the implication of the game. It is the biggest game the Cats football team has ever played. We win and we have a good chance of being in the final four for the national championship. This is new territory and not in my wildest dreams did I ever expect a game this big in December. The game itself is for the conference championship. Ironically the last time we had a chance at the conference championship was against Oregon a few years ago at Arizona stadium we lost in double OT. I was at that game.

This is the first time I'm actually looking forward to the football game more than the basketball game, and it's one of the biggest games of the season for the basket Cats. Last week was special, but it pales in comparison in what could happen this week. The opportunity is there.
pokinmik

Post by pokinmik »

Yea this is crazy. Quarterfinals for the National Championship right here!
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

Yeah, uncharted territory for me. I'm a bball first guy, but the Gonzaga game isn't even a blip on my radar right now. I have a big event at work I'm in charge of. Doesn't adjourn until 6pm. Damn it's gonna suck trying to get work done.
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
ANGCatFan

Post by ANGCatFan »

UAdevil wrote:I'm a bball first guy, but the Gonzaga game isn't even a blip on my radar right now.
I hate to be the one to break it to you, but sounds like at least this week you are a football first guy.

No worries, even Sean Miller started his press conference today talking football.

One of the great thing about being at a power school in both sports is we can be passionate about both football and basketball.
azthrillhouse

Post by azthrillhouse »

Anxious. Not nervous.

It is surreal though. All of it.

Very grateful to the players and the staff for all of the work that they've put in to make this such a memorable season.

Now let's go win us a goddamn championship.

azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Nervously excited. I can't believe what kind of opportunity we have in front of us tomorrow. And while I expect us to be very good in the years ahead you can't count on having a similar opportunity.

If we play well I will be very happy and for the most part we have this year. Still I get nervous in games and I am wondering how I will handle this game should it go down to the last minute.

Lets go get a ring!!!
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
Sage&Silver

Post by Sage&Silver »

that reminds me....

UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Sage&Silver wrote:that reminds me....

-JB
azthrillhouse

Post by azthrillhouse »

cats101

Post by cats101 »

Not nervous at all.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Nervous in a way, but I'm happy with the season no matter the result in this game. The team has far exceeded my expectations (8 wins and one over ASU). They've guaranteed me a pleasant off season already, but they've also guaranteed that my expectations will be a lot higher next year!

Go Cats. Get us into the playoff!
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Dream Season.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Its here...

I hope its a busy day today so it goes by fast
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Me too. Wish I could watch it at a normal time. Gonna be glued to my PC at 3am, headphones on, trying not to make enough noise to warrant the police showing up at my door. :/
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Puerco wrote:Me too. Wish I could watch it at a normal time. Gonna be glued to my PC at 3am, headphones on, trying not to make enough noise to warrant the police showing up at my door. :/
LMAO...

And I thought I had it bad on EST.
azpenguin

Post by azpenguin »

CalStateTempe wrote:Dream Season.
Most of this team is back next year. Think about that.
azpenguin

Post by azpenguin »

Anxious, not nervous. I want this game something bad but at the same time, we're playing with house money now. Win and there's a good chance they're in the playoffs. Lose, and, well, this season is still a runaway success and there's still a good chance at a top tier bowl. But as much as we hear about how Oregon is hitting on all cylinders, how they're healthy now, etc, the Cats are game planning knowing that they aren't afraid of these guys. The Ducks have their motivation but they have all the pressure as well. Imagine the reaction in Eugene if they lose; this is going to be their best shot at the playoff for the next couple of years most likely. Lose this and the fan grumbling about Helfrich is going to come back in a big way. Arizona is playing for icing on the cake. That's a good position to be in.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

azpenguin wrote:Anxious, not nervous. I want this game something bad but at the same time, we're playing with house money now. Win and there's a good chance they're in the playoffs. Lose, and, well, this season is still a runaway success and there's still a good chance at a top tier bowl. But as much as we hear about how Oregon is hitting on all cylinders, how they're healthy now, etc, the Cats are game planning knowing that they aren't afraid of these guys. The Ducks have their motivation but they have all the pressure as well. Imagine the reaction in Eugene if they lose; this is going to be their best shot at the playoff for the next couple of years most likely. Lose this and the fan grumbling about Helfrich is going to come back in a big way. Arizona is playing for icing on the cake. That's a good position to be in.

Feel the same way, but I am a bit nervous. I was at that 2009 game and thought we had it in the bag, but then lost it at the end. Heartbreaking.

Oregon always seems to show up when the chips are down. I'm not as bullish on a win tonight as I was for October's game. Something about the stakes being higher makes me weary of the Ducks. Good thing for the CATS, they've beaten them twice so the "Oregon" mystique shouldn't be factor. We know this team and know them well.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

azpenguin wrote:
Don't we have about 10 senior starters?
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

azgreg wrote:
azpenguin wrote:
Off the top of my head:

On offense Baucus, Ebbele, Gurrola, Austin Hill

Defense Bondo, McKnight, Pettinato, Grandon
Gilbert is applying for another year

Did I miss anyone?
-JB
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

UAEebs86 wrote:
azgreg wrote:
azpenguin wrote:
Off the top of my head:

Did I miss anyone?
Tevis. I was counting Gilbert. What's his status on another year?
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

azgreg wrote:
UAEebs86 wrote:
azgreg wrote:
azpenguin wrote:
Off the top of my head:

Did I miss anyone?
Tevis. I was counting Gilbert. What's his status on another year?
RR thinks it will happen. They didn't introduce him on Senior Day.
-JB
Lofty

Post by Lofty »

Alieberman wrote:We are going to lose by 30, just accept it now and have a productive day tomorrow
Damn. I thought I was bad. I'm thinking more like 20-22.
KCF

Post by KCF »

I want this damn win so bad. 35 years i've been wanting this.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

only like 12 years for me but....still gonna barf
KCF

Post by KCF »

scumdevils86 wrote:only like 12 years for me but....still gonna barf
This exactly. I'm afraid to eat anything at all today.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

15 years for me. Every since watching the PennSt debacle in the basement of Kaibab Huachuca Frosh year.
BearDown89

Post by BearDown89 »

I can't decide whether to watch the game by myself, invite a couple of buddies over or what. My best buddy who's adopted the Cats and watched Oregon and Assu with me is out of town - terrible time to take his wife to Vegas. There are a couple of other guys I've watched with this year. I don't want to fuck with the universe. You know, because everything I do has a direct impact on the game. I don't necessarily want to be alone, but I'm a ball of indecision and karmic anxiety . . .
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

32 years here. Freshman year we won at South Bend and knocked ASSU out of the Rose Bowl. First play I ever saw was Vance Johnson taking a kickoff return to the house in a monsoon. Die hard fan ever since.

BTFD!
-JB
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

CalStateTempe wrote:15 years for me. Every since watching the PennSt debacle in the basement of Kaibab Huachuca Frosh year.
I watched that game in the Arizona State Museum gift shop on an 11 inch tv. I was working in the store as a student and managed to jerry rig an antenna from a few paperclips to get the game on a tv we used to demo a video we were selling.
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Seriously some us diehards have been at this for decades. As much as I want the win, I can I my imagine the glee they'll feel.

BTFD
UofAlum05

Post by UofAlum05 »

catinfl

Post by catinfl »

BearDown89 wrote:I can't decide whether to watch the game by myself, invite a couple of buddies over or what. My best buddy who's adopted the Cats and watched Oregon and Assu with me is out of town - terrible time to take his wife to Vegas. There are a couple of other guys I've watched with this year. I don't want to fuck with the universe. You know, because everything I do has a direct impact on the game. I don't necessarily want to be alone, but I'm a ball of indecision and karmic anxiety . . .
I haven't cleaned my car since the Washington game and for some god for saken reason I've convinced myself that If i clean it we lose. I'm so superstitious.
KCF

Post by KCF »

catinfl wrote:
BearDown89 wrote:I can't decide whether to watch the game by myself, invite a couple of buddies over or what. My best buddy who's adopted the Cats and watched Oregon and Assu with me is out of town - terrible time to take his wife to Vegas. There are a couple of other guys I've watched with this year. I don't want to fuck with the universe. You know, because everything I do has a direct impact on the game. I don't necessarily want to be alone, but I'm a ball of indecision and karmic anxiety . . .
I haven't cleaned my car since the Washington game and for some god for saken reason I've convinced myself that If i clean it we lose. I'm so superstitious.

You're are a good man
ANGCatFan

Post by ANGCatFan »

My body is still full of nervous energy. The dog is tired of going on walks and my wife runs and hides when I look in her direction.

But my brain says it is time to turn to excitement. We've already won. This season is either great, one of 3 seasons with 10 wins or more, or historic. So I am working hard to turn my mood to excitement.

I looked for a video to capture the excitement Wildcat fans should have and discovered that MAO and a couple guys at pgu (sucks) had already made one. Enjoy.

3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

I'm a young pup in the game and I can remember being at my grandparents house watching the Fiesta Bowl when we beat the "U". I have been hooked ever since. My freshman year was stoops first year. It been a long road but now my kids can remember this game as I did the Fiesta Bowl. BEAR THE FUCK DOWN BOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

catinfl wrote:
Keep it Dirty!
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

KCF, you ever been in a Turkish prison?

Today is surely dragging...

azpenguin

Post by azpenguin »

30+ years here. First game I went to was to see the Cats beat Pacific 63-35 in 1980. Sat in the old tiny bleachers that were in the NEZ. The ASU game this past weekend was one I've been waiting to see for all those years; the Cats win that big game that eluded them, they win the South, and they beat ASU to do it (in a winner-take-all game, no less.) Before that every big stakes game went badly, and I had to settle for watching the Cats knock ASU out of the Rose Bowl or win a hyped game that had nothing at stake.
Bosy Billups

Post by Bosy Billups »

Don't be nervous, Arizona is in a no lose situation, Oregon is in a all lose situation. They are expected to win. Arizona has already setup the future for success, win or lose. This season has been a humongous win regardless if we win or lose. This is just gravy. So relax, any outcome is good, and a win is just icing on the cake.

"We've turned the corner." Really though.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Bosy Billups wrote:Don't be nervous, Arizona is in a no lose situation, Oregon is in a all lose situation. They are expected to win. Arizona has already setup the future for success, win or lose. This season has been a humongous win regardless if we win or lose. This is just gravy. So relax, any outcome is good, and a win is just icing on the cake.

"We've turned the corner." Really though.
I'm trying to think this way (I really won't be that upset if we lose...) but damn we can almost taste a championship! I want it now!
azthrillhouse

Post by azthrillhouse »

KCF wrote:I want this damn win so bad. 35 years i've been wanting this.
Roughly 30 for me, 26 that I can easily identify.

I'm thankful for where we're at and we've obviously exceeded expectations, so I won't be too disappointed if we lose, but....

it's there for the taking. And, if things break right on Saturday, a trip to the Rose Bowl.

WANT.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Is it game time yet? No?

How about now?
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?