7 Jayden de Laura

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Siempre Verde

Re: 7 Jayden de Laura

Post by Siempre Verde »

84Cat wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 9:09 am I hope you guys are letting the AD know your thoughts and not just ranting on a message board.
Like our so-called AD gives a rats petootie what we think. He cares only for what Ricky Bobby says. I’d hope both of them are listening to legal counsel right now, but who knows with those two.
TheCatInTheHat

Post by TheCatInTheHat »

Over on the basketball board, somebody was complaining about how slow things are around here (from a posting perspective) during the off-season. So much for that.
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

CardiacCats97 wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 9:52 am I really really hope Fisch didn’t know the full details here.
Given the reasons that juvenile records are sealed, I think the more pertinent information when Fisch recruited him would be how he performed and behaved at Wazzu for two seasons...

... and, of course, everything that is known about his behavior as a member of the U of A community the past year+...
“If you have the choice between humble and cocky, go with cocky. There's always time to be humble later, once you've been proven horrendously, irrevocably wrong.”

― Kinky Friedman
TheCatInTheHat

Post by TheCatInTheHat »

Okay, lots of emotion and opinions, but I have a question...hopefully for somebody with real legal background and specific knowledge to apply. Scholarships are renewable on an annual basis by a school. But my question is how absolute is the school's authority to rescind one versus potential legal liability? In this case, you've got somebody who has done everything the school asked and has undeniably succeeded on the field, so he's fulfilled his side of the contract. Word comes out regarding a bad event that was adjudicated years ago. Bad optics, fans are up in arms, so the school wants to cut ties. But the guy's in a "good fit" program to showcase skills potentially worth millions, he already transferred once, and whatever else some lawyer wants to throw in to claim damages. Does he have a case? Or is there some clause in the scholarship language that says any undisclosed previous legal issues are grounds for termination and so on. Wisconsin went the way they did which doesn't help anything, so I'm just curious, as discussions with lawyers might have some bearing on the delays people are complaining about.
CardiacCats97

Post by CardiacCats97 »

The next school year hasn’t started yet, so I doubt there would be an issue rescinding his scholarship at this point. If this was August, it might be a stickier issue. Usually they let kids finish out the current semester and then refuse to have them on scholarship for the next one.
gouacats

Post by gouacats »

Siempre Verde wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 10:00 am
84Cat wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 9:09 am I hope you guys are letting the AD know your thoughts and not just ranting on a message board.
Like our so-called AD gives a rats petootie what we think. He cares only for what Ricky Bobby says. I’d hope both of them are listening to legal counsel right now, but who knows with those two.
For what it's worth, I think the legal process is over, criminal and civil. It is now purely PR. After reading what he pled guilty to, I say cut him.

* Edit - I guess unless there is some legal process involved in cutting him...
AzCatFan2

Post by AzCatFan2 »

Lawyers argue Juvenile Records are sealed because, "The main benefit of sealing a record is that a former juvenile delinquent will not need to report their record to landlords, employers, and other key parties in their personal and professional lives. Thus, they will not need to overcome the stigma that can be associated with even juvenile criminal records." From this link (https://www.justia.com/criminal/expunge ... e-records/) Good luck convincing a judge that a special master needs to look at the records over all 550+ scholarship athletes to weed out the ones that made mistakes as a juvenile that would warrant punishment my rescinding their scholarship.

Mathematically, it's a guarantee that JDL isn't the only scholarship athlete with a juvie record. Who gets to decide which level is worthy of losing a scholarship, and which is just a mistake a kid makes?

This sucks for all of us. But juvenile records are sealed for a reason. And JDL's actions since he's turned 18, and his actions once he became an Arizona student is was is pertinent. He was charged with a DUI at WAZZU, but was acquitted of all charges. Since he's been in Tucson, I don't think he's done anything to warrant a police response.

Again, if you want to make the Hawaiian Criminal System a villain in this case, go for it. But none of knows the full details and why the prosecutor chose to charge as a juvenile instead of an adult. And I, for one, will choose to defer to the prosecutor's expertise in this manner, unless we get new information.
CardiacCats97

Post by CardiacCats97 »

And still no statement from the AD.
TheCatInTheHat

Post by TheCatInTheHat »

CardiacCats97 wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 10:25 am The next school year hasn’t started yet, so I doubt there would be an issue rescinding his scholarship at this point. If this was August, it might be a stickier issue. Usually they let kids finish out the current semester and then refuse to have them on scholarship for the next one.
Right, but we're not talking about a usual situation, which usually involves somebody who got in trouble at the school, or who just can't play. So it's not Deion Sanders cleaning house of bad players. My question is whether a lawyer for a guy with good grades, no bad events (in Tucson), and the third most single-season passing yards in school history (evidence of doing the job well) can make a case for saying he's unfairly hurt by some attempt to manage public relations over an event elsewhere years ago. If I want him gone, I can say "sure, no problem." But I'm looking for what a contracts type says versus what a tort lawyer says. I'm aware anybody can file a claim, but it's about the extent of the risk of its success. I don't know if insurance would cover it or not, but after paying off Sumlin and Rodriguez, we don't need more multi-million dollar liabilities. But if we're going to do it, let's do it and grab whatever QB's left in the portal.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Still no statement?

I will be done with AZ football if he remains on the team.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

There's no telling if a morals clause is attached to a scholarship. Yes, using a special master would be a protracted, tedious, controversial process of probative value for our narrow purposes right here right now, but it would very likely be challenged and cost a ton to deal with.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
Basketcats

Post by Basketcats »

End of the day...it doesn't matter what any of us think about the situation. The university is going to be judge and jury and what they say is final. We can either get onboard with what they determine to be the best course of action or sit here and think our opinions are actually going to make a difference in what they decide (which they probably won't). It's college football folks. It is the money machine that UofA has been wanting a piece of for a long, long time now. That in and of itself should tell us all what is going to end up happening here.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

If no action is taken we become part of Hedley Lamarr's posse.

arizonawildcats

Post by arizonawildcats »

Are we going to get a Friday news dump or go through the weekend without a statement? Horrible.
CardiacCats97

Post by CardiacCats97 »

arizonawildcats wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 1:52 pm Are we going to get a Friday news dump or go through the weekend without a statement? Horrible.
It’s completely ridiculous that they haven’t said anything. Just a total PR failure. We look like we’re hiding something.
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

CardiacCats97

Post by CardiacCats97 »

I wish I could say I was surprised.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

I can’t deal with sweeping things like this under the rug…
arizonawildcats

So Fisch knew about the allegations and still brought him in? And he has two daughters. Wow.
KillerKlown

Post by KillerKlown »

Literally no point to keeping Laura. Everything he brings I was confident Fisch could replace. Fisch is on thin ice now as far as the media is concerned. I like Jedd but one slip up from anyone else and he's probably gone. Not a good look keeping a guy that's an admitted rapist. No idea why you would keep a guy that can hurt your career. Laura should play the mega millions.
Mike Luke's burner account.
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

arizonawildcats wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 3:55 pm So Fisch knew about the allegations and still brought him in? And he has two daughters. Wow.
The statement says "Fall of 2022"...........that could have been up to December 19th (after the season was already over). De Laura committed to the UA (via the portal) on Jan. 11th 2022.........long before the Fall of 2022.

Like so many things associated with this mess we really don't have enough information to make definitive conclusions.
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

I just don't see how this is going to work. Every away game is going to be nothing but rape chants and tweets are already full of comments about this. Nothing for anybody associated with the University to be proud of. Just horrible and no way ticket sales aren't going to suffer. The days of Jedd being a good guy is over.
CardiacCats97

Post by CardiacCats97 »

So either he didn’t disclose it to Arizona until the civil suit was filed or Arizona found out because of the suit. Can we assume WSU didn’t know either?

Surprised they would want to continue to be associated with someone who kept something like that from them, but touchdowns are hard to come by I guess.
arizonawildcats

dmjcat wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 3:59 pm
arizonawildcats wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 3:55 pm So Fisch knew about the allegations and still brought him in? And he has two daughters. Wow.
The statement says "Fall of 2022"...........that could have been up to December 19th (after the season was already over). De Laura committed to the UA (via the portal) on Jan. 11th 2022.........long before the Fall of 2022.

Like so many things associated with this mess we really don't have enough information to make definitive conclusions.
Good point on the commitment date. The statement was intentionally vague. I'm disgusted and won't be watching football as long as de Laura is on the team.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

After years of hearing Pedo U regarding Penn State, I can't bear the shame of hearing the UA called Rapist U.

This is extremely upsetting to me like I mentioned. JDL committed a violent sexual assault as a 17 year old and he needs to pay the price of that for years to come.
ASUCatFan

Post by ASUCatFan »

I can't root for a sleazy program. Absolutely disgusting. This human piece of shit should be in prison until he's far too old to play football and they're keeping him on the team?
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

We deserve every disgusting chant every other school slings at us. And not just during football games, but basketball and every other sport too. Have at us, we deserve it.

Not surprised in the least. Just shows how much farther as a society we still have to go.

Though that PJC situation I mentioned seems kinda funny now. Miller made a big deal how he was giving PJC a second chance because of cheating, and now we have a rape apologist administration. Guess this school just has zero standards regarding student athletes now.

Hope whatever crappy bowl game we make is worth losing the respect (and money) of so many alumni.
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
GlobalCat

Post by GlobalCat »

Recommendations on the best communication channels to use to show the administration how awful this decision is?
Fendicent4ever

Post by Fendicent4ever »

I'm not a law scholar. What am I missing here that Jayden could possibly be allowed to stay at Arizona?

I'm trying to even think of scenarios but for the life of me, I can't see one. Was there an incompetent lawyer? Is the leaked document nonsense? Its all so hard to get past.

This is disgusting on every level. From everything that is public, Jayden appears to be a monstrous predator. What is that worth to our alma mater?

I would much rather he not participate in upcoming Wildcats seasons. Thats putting it as mildly and as diplomatically as I can.

At a minimum, I am more disgusted with Bobbins and Mid Major Dave than ever (and prior to this it was purely a sports disgust) and I am gutted in Jedds lack of backbone.
Siempre Verde

Post by Siempre Verde »

As a woman, I can no longer root for UofA football. I just cant’t. This disgusts and saddens me. I won’t even wear UofA gear during football season and likely actively root against them at away games here in the PNW. We had a chance to take a moral stand. Now we are no better than BAMA Basketball…probably even worse. I don’t care when this occurred, this administration is excusing the behavior. It’s just another example of the “boys will be boys” mindset.

Question. Are the Tucson and Phoenix media covering this? Does the general public have any idea or is it only people like us?
AzCatFan2

Post by AzCatFan2 »

If you think JDL should be locked up for years, take your gripe to the Hawaiian Prosecuting Attorney that agreed to the plea deal. Or the Judge who signed off on the agreement.

As for why JDL can stay, legally speaking, JDL did nothing wrong. He plead guilty in a Juvenile case that is sealed. Mathematically speaking, guaranteed there are other scholarship athletes with juvie records. Heck, I can guarantee that with 240 or so members n the Pride of Arizona Marching Band has members with Juvie records. Why should JDL face punishment from the school for a Juvenile offense, and all other potential offenders not have to worry unless the too face a civil case?

Both the University of Wisconsin and Arizona have kept the guilty players on their respective rosters. Each school has excellent law schools and plenty of lawyers working for their athletic departments. Legally speaking, both schools came to the same conclusion. Which is punishing a kid for what should be sealed Juvie record is not a good idea. And again, you think JDL and Latu deserved more, you can always fly to Hawaii, do your own investigation, and decide for yourself if the prosecutor and judge in the case made the right decision.
Abrahamarvel

Post by Abrahamarvel »

The admin and coaches knew about the case last fall the latest, still made JDL the face of the program.
CardiacCats97

Post by CardiacCats97 »

Holy fuck AzCatFan2 do you look stupid defending this shit. People have a right to be upset with the coaches, AD, and school administration that a rapist will be suiting up for Arizona football this fall. Fuck you if you think otherwise.
AzCatFan2

Post by AzCatFan2 »

I understand the vitriol against JDL. But the facts are, he was charged and agreed to a plea deal as a minor. Who are we to second guess the prosecutor on the case, or the judge who signed off on the agreement? Under our legal system, JDL is not a criminal. His Juvie record was expunged when he turned 18. Yes, he was charged with a DUI at WAZZU, but those charges were dropped.

And again, I guarantee there are other students and athletes with a Juvie record on campus. Would it be fair to cut JDL loose based on his Juvie record, but let all other athletes and students have protection under the law because their records have remained sealed?

Bottom line, we don't know all the facts. But we do know the prosecutor and judge agreed to let this case be adjudicated in Juvie court. If there was never a civil case, we'd never know about the case, because the records would be sealed.

Again, if you think JDL got off too easy, you can always fly to Hawaii, or pay a PI in the area and do your own investigation. Maybe the prosecutor and judge got it right after reviewing all the facts? They usually do.

You can also argue to change privacy laws and have all Juvie records be unsealed. That would prevent this from happening again.
CardiacCats97

Post by CardiacCats97 »

In case you’re hard of reading I’ll repeat myself.
CardiacCats97 wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 8:56 pm Holy fuck AzCatFan2 do you look stupid defending this shit.
KillerKlown

Post by KillerKlown »

AzCatFan2 wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 8:21 pm If you think JDL should be locked up for years, take your gripe to the Hawaiian Prosecuting Attorney that agreed to the plea deal. Or the Judge who signed off on the agreement.

As for why JDL can stay, legally speaking, JDL did nothing wrong. He plead guilty in a Juvenile case that is sealed. Mathematically speaking, guaranteed there are other scholarship athletes with juvie records. Heck, I can guarantee that with 240 or so members n the Pride of Arizona Marching Band has members with Juvie records. Why should JDL face punishment from the school for a Juvenile offense, and all other potential offenders not have to worry unless the too face a civil case?

Both the University of Wisconsin and Arizona have kept the guilty players on their respective rosters. Each school has excellent law schools and plenty of lawyers working for their athletic departments. Legally speaking, both schools came to the same conclusion. Which is punishing a kid for what should be sealed Juvie record is not a good idea. And again, you think JDL and Latu deserved more, you can always fly to Hawaii, do your own investigation, and decide for yourself if the prosecutor and judge in the case made the right decision.
It's crazy how literally every single argument you make on this board hurts the athletic program. You have no ability to think ahead and only think in the moment.
AzCatFan2

Post by AzCatFan2 »

CardiacCats97 wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 9:38 pm In case you’re hard of reading I’ll repeat myself.
CardiacCats97 wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 8:56 pm Holy fuck AzCatFan2 do you look stupid defending this shit.
I'm not defending JDL. I'm defending the Juvenile Court system. I agree with sealing Juvie records which allows people to have a clean slate when they turn 18. And the facts are, a prosecutor and judge agree to a Juvie plea in this case. And if no civil case is filed, we would never know about this case.

And I also guarantee there are other students, including scholarship athletes with Juvie records. Should we try and unsealed them all to make sure other athletes don't have a Juvie assault conviction? Because if we don't, and nobody ever files a civil case, we'll never know.

That's why two schools, facing the same issue, have come to the same conclusion not to kick a kid off a team for a Juvie conviction. There are other kids with records, possibly similar ones, and there is no way to know.

But if you want to play judge, jury, and executioner, I would again suggest you research the facts in the case first. Try to figure out why the prosecutor and judge agreed to adjudicate in Juvie court before you pass judgement. As they say, there are three sides to every story. And the two people charged with finding the truth both agreed to handle this in Juvenile Court. If they got it wrong, let's see the proof.
AzCatFan2

Post by AzCatFan2 »

KillerKlown wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 10:22 pm
AzCatFan2 wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 8:21 pm If you think JDL should be locked up for years, take your gripe to the Hawaiian Prosecuting Attorney that agreed to the plea deal. Or the Judge who signed off on the agreement.

It's crazy how literally every single argument you make on this board hurts the athletic program. You have no ability to think ahead and only think in the moment.
Bull. Thinking in the moment is cutting JDL without knowing all the facts. Maybe the prosecutor believed an adult conviction was going to be difficult to obtain. And securing the Juvie plea was the best he/she could hope for. Do we know? Will we ever know?

Thinking ahead, if we kick JDL off the team, what do we do with other kids with Juvie records? Try and force them unsealed? Hope their accusers all file civil cases?

It's a bad situation. But bottom line, criminally speaking, the case is a Juvenile one. Records are sealed, and for good reason. Think Latu and JDL deserved more punishment, take it up with the judge in Hawaii.
KillerKlown

Post by KillerKlown »

AzCatFan2 wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 10:41 pm
KillerKlown wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 10:22 pm

Bull. Thinking in the moment is cutting JDL without knowing all the facts. Maybe the prosecutor believed an adult conviction was going to be difficult to obtain. And securing the Juvie plea was the best he/she could hope for. Do we know? Will we ever know?

Thinking ahead, if we kick JDL off the team, what do we do with other kids with Juvie records? Try and force them unsealed? Hope their accusers all file civil cases?

It's a bad situation. But bottom line, criminally speaking, the case is a Juvenile one. Records are sealed, and for good reason. Think Latu and JDL deserved more punishment, take it up with the judge in Hawaii.
:roll: All juvenile crimes are created equal, sexual assault guilty pleaders doing community service at womens shelters and schools, prosecutors and judges are good at their jobs, any thing else you wanna add to your list?

You are tiring. You win. I give up.
RichardCranium

Post by RichardCranium »

TheCatInTheHat wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 10:23 am Okay, lots of emotion and opinions, but I have a question...hopefully for somebody with real legal background and specific knowledge to apply. Scholarships are renewable on an annual basis by a school. But my question is how absolute is the school's authority to rescind one versus potential legal liability? In this case, you've got somebody who has done everything the school asked and has undeniably succeeded on the field, so he's fulfilled his side of the contract. Word comes out regarding a bad event that was adjudicated years ago. Bad optics, fans are up in arms, so the school wants to cut ties. But the guy's in a "good fit" program to showcase skills potentially worth millions, he already transferred once, and whatever else some lawyer wants to throw in to claim damages. Does he have a case? Or is there some clause in the scholarship language that says any undisclosed previous legal issues are grounds for termination and so on. Wisconsin went the way they did which doesn't help anything, so I'm just curious, as discussions with lawyers might have some bearing on the delays people are complaining about.
The scholarship is the least of it. What about the NIL? Are the sponsors gonna want to continue to tip in?
Any sufficiently advanced troll is indistinguishable from a genuine kook.
CardiacCats97

Post by CardiacCats97 »

AzCatFan2 wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 10:24 pm
CardiacCats97 wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 9:38 pm In case you’re hard of reading I’ll repeat myself.
I'm not defending JDL. I'm defending the Juvenile Court system.
You’re defending the admin keeping him on the team and on scholarship by pretending our beef should be with the legal system when all you’re really telling us is that you’ll spend a ridiculous amount of time excusing rape because you love touchdowns. It is quite literally sickening.
ghostwhitehorse

Post by ghostwhitehorse »

RichardCranium wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 1:19 am
TheCatInTheHat wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 10:23 am Okay, lots of emotion and opinions, but I have a question...hopefully for somebody with real legal background and specific knowledge to apply. Scholarships are renewable on an annual basis by a school. But my question is how absolute is the school's authority to rescind one versus potential legal liability? In this case, you've got somebody who has done everything the school asked and has undeniably succeeded on the field, so he's fulfilled his side of the contract. Word comes out regarding a bad event that was adjudicated years ago. Bad optics, fans are up in arms, so the school wants to cut ties. But the guy's in a "good fit" program to showcase skills potentially worth millions, he already transferred once, and whatever else some lawyer wants to throw in to claim damages. Does he have a case? Or is there some clause in the scholarship language that says any undisclosed previous legal issues are grounds for termination and so on. Wisconsin went the way they did which doesn't help anything, so I'm just curious, as discussions with lawyers might have some bearing on the delays people are complaining about.
The scholarship is the least of it. What about the NIL? Are the sponsors gonna want to continue to tip in?
^THIS!!!!!^
AzCatFan2

Post by AzCatFan2 »

There are three sides to every story. From the girl's perspective, all we know is what has been printed in the newspapers. From the boys' all we have is a statement from Latu's lawyer that the encounter was consensual. That's not a lot to go on if you're searching for the third side, the truth of what actually happened.

What we do know is the prosecutor on the case could've charged the kids as adults. Not only did that not happened, the prosecutor agreed to a Juvie plea deal that involved zero detention time. And a judge signed off on this plea deal. Maybe, just maybe, the prosecutor and judge had a lot more facts that we are not privy to and in their minds, the punishment fits the crime?

But if the jury of Wildcats want to lock JDL up throw away the key based on the limited info we have, that's your prerogative. You can also stop being a fan and with allegiances. Just know that whatever football team you end up rooting for, be it college or NFL, will too have players on the roster with a Juvie record. The difference? Unless these guys settle a civil suit, these cases will be remained sealed, and you will be blissfully unawares.

I guess you could waste money and try to convince a judge to grant a special master to review every player. But no judge would sign off on that invasion of privacy. But hypothetically, let's say a judge agrees, and the special master finds a kid with a similar assault charge as JDL. But for this hypothetical kid, the assault was as much a cry for help as it was anything else. And since the assault, this kid has been in counseling and took out his aggressions on the field/court. And since the assault, he's now in college, on track to graduate, and has stayed out if trouble.

Would you revoke the scholarship for this kid? Undo all the good he's accomplished and punish him again for an act he did as a kid? If you kick JDL off, to be consistent, you kick this hypothetical kid off the team too.

Which brings me back to JDL. Unfortunately, many kids with Juvie records continue their life of crime into adulthood. But many get scared straight. Since JDL's assault, he's had zero assault accusations against him. One suspicion of DUI arrest, but a case where all charges were dropped.

This isn't about scoring TDs or winning games. I think Fifita has a bigger upside. If Fifita plays up to his full potential, he is a potential first rounder in my opinion. The game just moved a little too fast for Fifita last year. But that's not uncommon for true freshmen.

JDL? I see third day pick or UDA at best for him. Good enough to win games in college, but locks into receivers too much, and relies on his arm strength too often. Next level, with every team having NFL quality DBs, this translates into a bunch of turnovers.

This isn't about play on the field. It's about adults not being punished for juvenile offenses. A legal precedent I agree with. And like it or not, JDL's criminal conviction record is juvenile only. That shouldn't follow him into adulthood.
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

NM
Last edited by wyo-cat on Sat May 06, 2023 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

nvm
Last edited by Merkin on Sat May 06, 2023 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

See, there’s me not knowing all of the details.
TheCatInTheHat

Post by TheCatInTheHat »

As the fractured saying goes: "That train has sailed." No chance. I don't know what the options are in Tucson compared to some of the mega SEC schools. But I'd think there's a chance with 2 remaining years of eligibility as a record-breaking QB on an improving team that he might've cracked 6 figures. So he'll pay that price, anyway.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

TheCatInTheHat wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 9:46 am
As the fractured saying goes: "That train has sailed." No chance. I don't know what the options are in Tucson compared to some of the mega SEC schools. But I'd think there's a chance with 2 remaining years of eligibility as a record-breaking QB on an improving team that he might've cracked 6 figures. So he'll pay that price, anyway.
I like that simile: "As the fractured saying goes ... " Judgements, concepts, human reckoning from within moral quandary: we capture perspective through language that gives us place and fixity when we're trying to figure out where things in life should properly go. This a damn fucking good forum. Thank you, all of you, even those of you who irritate the hell out of me. It's well worth it.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

As the father of a daughter and just a basic human being im beyond disgusted. I'm absolutely not watching a second of this team or putting a single penny towards the AD in any way.
TheCatInTheHat

Post by TheCatInTheHat »

dovecanyoncat wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 12:36 pm Judgements, concepts, human reckoning from within moral quandary: we capture perspective through language that gives us place and fixity when we're trying to figure out where things in life should properly go. This a damn fucking good forum. Thank you, all of you, even those of you who irritate the hell out of me. It's well worth it.
Agreed. If the first sentence is a reference I didn't recognize, it's excellent; if it's all yours, then even more so and very philosophically put. No doubt there's some psychological gold to be found here as well, for those who have that interest.