UCLA at Arizona discussion thread

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

tgrumpy2

Re: UCLA at Arizona discussion thread

Post by tgrumpy2 »

azcat49 wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 11:30 am I agree that Fisch deserves better. He has remarkably done his job in getting us back to respectability. The public should be buying in BUT, you do realize how expensive it is for a family to go to this game don’t you. It will cost a family of four almost three hundred dollars to sit in the nose bleed section, but some drinks and dogs/ candies for the kids.

Frankly I think you are way off saying ticket prices are no excuse. Last week my OSU seat on game day was only 68+ fee’s ($3). This week it’s 96.

That family section (south end zone) should NEVER be priced at more then $20 a ticket and the upper decks ends should never be more then $15.

I know you support Heeke unconditionally but I am going to have a talk with him and tell him he was wrong on his pricing on this game

Last add, as an ambassador for UA athletics you blaming the fans at EVERY TURN does more harm then it helps. We have great fans proven by leading the conference in total attendance across all sports.

You should be spending your time working with the AD on reasonable pricing of game day tickets. We know they have very good prices on season tickets with many price points but they fail miserably on pricing for week of game sales

I'm not sure how NIL money works. I don't know if Universities add money to the pot or if the money has to come completely from outside sources. If the University is ponying up money that is another excuse to raise ticket prices. Another reason the NCAA has to limit NIL payouts. Everything else I agree completely. Its very expensive to go to a sporting event. I do think considering this is a year with high inflation and a shaky economy and we only have 4000 seats left, that isn't bad for a team coming off four losing seasons.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

azcat49 wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 11:30 am I agree that Fisch deserves better. He has remarkably done his job in getting us back to respectability. The public should be buying in BUT, you do realize how expensive it is for a family to go to this game don’t you. It will cost a family of four almost three hundred dollars to sit in the nose bleed section, but some drinks and dogs/ candies for the kids.

Frankly I think you are way off saying ticket prices are no excuse. Last week my OSU seat on game day was only 68+ fee’s ($3). This week it’s 96.

That family section (south end zone) should NEVER be priced at more then $20 a ticket and the upper decks ends should never be more then $15.

I know you support Heeke unconditionally but I am going to have a talk with him and tell him he was wrong on his pricing on this game

Last add, as an ambassador for UA athletics you blaming the fans at EVERY TURN does more harm then it helps. We have great fans proven by leading the conference in total attendance across all sports.

You should be spending your time working with the AD on reasonable pricing of game day tickets. We know they have very good prices on season tickets with many price points but they fail miserably on pricing for week of game sales
Tickets are 36 dollars right now on the website. I know not everyone has disposable income but with a metro area population over 1,000,000 plus thousands of people coming from out of town for homecoming plus Phoenix people plus UCLA fans the attendance is an issue no matter how you want to blame it

First it was kick off times, then it was we had to win. Now it is ticket pricing? What is the next built in excuse for Tucson not to support the program?

I have no idea where you are coming up with me being an ambassador or that I support Heeke unconditionally. Lets have honest conversations and not make shit up
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Having a rapist on the team is my excuse

Am I a bad fan?
KillerKlown

Post by KillerKlown »

How many tickets are remaining?
Mike Luke's burner account.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

So let’s do it. You ALWAYS SUPPORT HEEKE AND KNOCK THE FANBASE. Every time you call our fans bad, it’s the same shit everytime. Let’s join forces tomorrow and confront Heeke together on these prices. You know where I will be and we can walk over and talk to him but you better speak up about the pricing. I got the text today about tickets now being 25% off. Gee I wonder why.

I don’t care if Tucson has a million people. Families have to make the call on their Saturday night entertainment and spending 200-300 dollars is just not what many will do.

Alumni coming into town will definitely form out the money to see the game buts that one time a year. The issue of this being a non sell out falls directly on the insane prices of the tickets and you can’t tell me otherwise. These are the most expensive tickets of the year. Your evidence is simply calling out Tucson for having bad fans which we all know is horse shit
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

azcat49 wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 4:07 pm So let’s do it. You ALWAYS SUPPORT HEEKE AND KNOCK THE FANBASE. Every time you call our fans bad, it’s the same shit everytime. Let’s join forces tomorrow and confront Heeke together on these prices. You know where I will be and we can walk over and talk to him but you better speak up about the pricing. I got the text today about tickets now being 25% off. Gee I wonder why.

I don’t care if Tucson has a million people. Families have to make the call on their Saturday night entertainment and spending 200-300 dollars is just not what many will do.

Alumni coming into town will definitely form out the money to see the game buts that one time a year. The issue of this being a non sell out falls directly on the insane prices of the tickets and you can’t tell me otherwise. These are the most expensive tickets of the year. Your evidence is simply calling out Tucson for having bad fans which we all know is horse shit
Okay give a few examples of me defending Heeke please

Seriously you are too good a person to make stuff up. I assume you are confusing me with someone else.
Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

I’m just happy they have gone back to plastic straws. Those paper things were awful.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

If pricing is the excuse this week what was last week's excuse?
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Last week was tremendously disappointing and the only thing I can pin point was it was a big Halloween party night.

Historically it seems that Saturday night is always bad. In 98 we had a huge game vs Oregon and Akili Smith and we got less than 40k for a night game on Halloween weekend
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Catintheheat wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 9:34 am
PHXCATS wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 8:21 pm Ticket sales really bad so far

Still a bit of time to get it sold out but this ain’t good. Can tell it is really upsetting Fisch
A little disappointing but not really bad. As of yesterday there were 4000 tickets left. That is not really bad.
So we are looking at 90%+ full?
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
KillerKlown

Post by KillerKlown »

Chicat wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 5:52 pm
Catintheheat wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 9:34 am

Still a bit of time to get it sold out but this ain’t good. Can tell it is really upsetting Fisch
A little disappointing but not really bad. As of yesterday there were 4000 tickets left. That is not really bad.
So we are looking at 90%+ full?
Might be looking at a little over a 1000 or sub 1000. Would not be surprised if it were a little over 500 or so which is really good IMO. Having a melt down because a Saturday game isn't sold out by Wednesday is silly. Even now we're still over 24 hours before kick off. PHXCATS needs to relax and be patient.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

PHXCATS wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 4:17 pm
azcat49 wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 4:07 pm So let’s do it. You ALWAYS SUPPORT HEEKE AND KNOCK THE FANBASE. Every time you call our fans bad, it’s the same shit everytime. Let’s join forces tomorrow and confront Heeke together on these prices. You know where I will be and we can walk over and talk to him but you better speak up about the pricing. I got the text today about tickets now being 25% off. Gee I wonder why.

Seriously you are too good a person to make stuff up. I assume you are confusing me with someone else.
Not making anything up. Heeke by default is the athletic department, they are one and the same. When you put Blame on the fans for not supporting the AD you are saying he/they are in the right and you know you have done that many times.

Where you were right in retrospect was supporting the AD in tough times. Todays game is all about the money. You want to have a good football team then you better contribute to the collective in some way or risk losing your best players. No doubt a coach will move on if he can’t get support from the fans dollar wise to keep those guys.

We have great fans who support the teams given the right price points for Tucson. Looks like we will get 50k for this gane and I bet we sell out Utah so that’s pretty darn good in year three of a rebuild. Once again UofA fans show out. Let’s give them props
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Machina hates Arizona fans.

Asking him to give us credit is like asking the ocean to not be wet.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

My presence will make up for any empty seats so I call bullshit.

I’m bringing the thunder so you nay sayers STFU.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

azcat49 wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 7:22 pm

Not making anything up. Heeke by default is the athletic department, they are one and the same. When you put Blame on the fans for not supporting the AD you are saying he/they are in the right and you know you have done that many times.

Where you were right in retrospect was supporting the AD in tough times. Todays game is all about the money. You want to have a good football team then you better contribute to the collective in some way or risk losing your best players. No doubt a coach will move on if he can’t get support from the fans dollar wise to keep those guys.

We have great fans who support the teams given the right price points for Tucson. Looks like we will get 50k for this gane and I bet we sell out Utah so that’s pretty darn good in year three of a rebuild. Once again UofA fans show out. Let’s give them props
UA fans do something worth praising I will praise.

Besides Vegas for the PAC-12 Tournament UA fans haven't done anything worth praising. Especially Southern Arizona and Metro Tucson
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

When you have a family of 4 and spend 300 in multiple weeks then I will applaud you. Right now you are buying one ticket driving down from Phoenix then going home. Your outlay is probably less than $100 tonight.

Tucson and those fans of the UofA are great. We will have 48-50k at 7:30pm and it’s the most expensive ticket of the year. I guess we will just agree to disagree.
cerec_cat

Post by cerec_cat »

Game Day!!!
cerec_cat

Post by cerec_cat »

I mean Game Night!!
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Cats need to jump out early and force their offense to make plays. They have been turnover prone so if we get the lead they may force things
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

I again like this guy's take this week!

https://theathletic.com/5022950/2023/11 ... ign=602288
No. 19 UCLA (-3) at Arizona, 10:30 p.m. (FS1)

Remarkably, this is Arizona’s fifth straight game against a ranked opponent. The stretch began with a 31-24 loss to Washington, followed by a triple-overtime defeat to USC before the Wildcats smoked Washington State 44-6 and topped No. 11 Oregon State 27-24. QB Noah Fifita is cooking, and the defense keeps getting better.

Arizona 17, UCLA 14
The pick: Arizona +3
“If you have the choice between humble and cocky, go with cocky. There's always time to be humble later, once you've been proven horrendously, irrevocably wrong.”

― Kinky Friedman
KillerKlown

Post by KillerKlown »

We need to take advantage of those potential TOs. So many droped picks and the wrong team recovering the fumbles. Bear Down!
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

azcat49 wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 8:12 am When you have a family of 4 and spend 300 in multiple weeks then I will applaud you. Right now you are buying one ticket driving down from Phoenix then going home. Your outlay is probably less than $100 tonight.

Tucson and those fans of the UofA are great. We will have 48-50k at 7:30pm and it’s the most expensive ticket of the year. I guess we will just agree to disagree.
You are way way way better than this bullshit Jon. I have never had less than 2 tickets. I have high priced tickets. I donate way more money beyond the price of my tickets plus I give to the collectives. When my wife and kid go with me depending on schedule we stay at hotels.

You putting some fake ass narrative of me when you have known me for years is just BS man.

Don't make shit up
KillerKlown

Post by KillerKlown »

Sorry but $390 for an upper 2nd deck seat is fuckin insanity for an Arizona football game.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Well I have never seen your spouse and kids at a game here or in Vegas. I do know you support the collectives and buy good seats but that is not who we are talking about. We are talking about the people who value their entertainment dollar and where to spend it. We are talking about the seats you and I probably wouldn’t buy. We are talking about the people who can’t travel down every home game and spend $200 a night for a hotel like we do.

My correlating point might not have been very clear snd for that I apologize but the point is that the AD missed priced this game if they wanted to support Fisch and get a sell out. If these nose bleeds would have been $15 a seat we both know we wouldn’t be having this conversation.

We have beat this topic up enough. If I offended you in any way I offer a public apology but I will defend AZ fans as a whole who I consider the best fans in the conference (Pac-12) which is backed up by total attendance figures.

I will always believe Heeke misjudged the fans capacity to return at least price wise. Make those tickets cheap and they will show up. Get a season long sell out of games then raise prices modestly. They already raised them 20-30% across the board this year.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

So gameday spends a nice bit on the cats and Fifita early then when they pick winners only Howard picks the cats.

Probably better that way as they are still getting disrespected and I hope the players and coaches saw that
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

All good 49. Just want to make sure we are set on the facts. You are a good man.

We can respectfully agree to disagree and move on

Bear The Fuck Down and Beat the Bruins

Fuck ucla
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

FUCLA!
Captain Obvious

Post by Captain Obvious »

A result of so many years of football irrelevance. Even when Arizona wins a few games the letdown expectation looms large with Arizona fans. I do feel bad for the current players and Fish suffering the ill effects of a historically bad program. People in Tucson just expect failure and lose interest in the program as a result. Changing the culture of a program can be the most difficult thing to do. Nobody wants to invest in anything knowing there's little chance of an ROI. Sustained success has never been a hallmark of Arizona football. Can't expect fans to stay interested in that kind of a product.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Captain Obvious wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 10:24 am A result of so many years of football irrelevance. Even when Arizona……..

*Farts Long & Loudly*

*Takes deep breath*

Oh yeah, that’s the good stuff!
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

I really hope we send them off to the big 10 with a loss
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

I've never heard of a team asking another team to wear different color jerseys for a game so Scheer is definitely right, it's a first.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

MrBug708 wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 5:05 pm I've never heard of a team asking another team to wear different color jerseys for a game so Scheer is definitely right, it's a first.
What happens with ucla and usc then? I thought the lose a timeout thing went away a while ago
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

PHXCATS wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 5:22 pm
MrBug708 wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 5:05 pm I've never heard of a team asking another team to wear different color jerseys for a game so Scheer is definitely right, it's a first.
What happens with ucla and usc then? I thought the lose a timeout thing went away a while ago
USC doesn't ask UCLA to wear blue and UCLA doesn't ask USC to wear red in order to facilitate their own jersey switch. Arizona has to ask because UCLA's designated road jersey is white. I'm assuming someone in the Arizona AD announced a whiteout before finding out that UCLA wears whites on the road.
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

Fuck UCLA anyway. They helped kill the conference so we need to kick their ass out of here.
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

This is BS. This is like Mira in 15 running out when we did. This is going to be a very physical game
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

MrBug708 wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 10:49 am Night road game...chalk up the L.
Called it. Congrats guys. Always liked Jedd. Would have been a huge risk to hire after Mora, but probably would have been the guy.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

MrBug708 wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 11:05 pm
Called it. Congrats guys. Always liked Jedd. Would have been a huge risk to hire after Mora, but probably would have been the guy.
He still may be. Fisch will be a hot item, and his resume has very short tenures at each spot.
Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

Thanks Bug!! That's another damn good team we beat. YEEEEEAH

JEDD FISCH FOR PRESIDENT!!
2020 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2018 BEARDOWN WILDCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
2017 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2013 GOAZCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
Captain Obvious

Post by Captain Obvious »

Merkin wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 11:16 pm
MrBug708 wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 11:05 pm
He still may be. Fisch will be a hot item, and his resume has very short tenures at each spot.
Could see USC pursuing him especially with Riley falling short of expectations. Oddly that's a job no one can really turn down but one nobody really wants.
KillerKlown

Post by KillerKlown »

PHXCATS wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 9:10 pm

Besides Vegas for the PAC-12 Tournament UA fans haven't done anything worth praising. Especially Southern Arizona and Metro Tucson
"Best environment since I've been the head coach here."
-Jedd Fisch

May Tucson get an apology, PHXCATS?
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Gimme some love boys…
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

It literally happens every week in college football
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

KillerKlown wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 11:43 pm
PHXCATS wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 9:10 pm

"Best environment since I've been the head coach here."
-Jedd Fisch

May Tucson get an apology, PHXCATS?
Looked nice and full on TV.

Sounded as loud as I’ve ever heard it.

Machina still thinks he’s the only fan who is willing to actually Bear Down.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Unbelievable atmosphere. The stadium was packed even in the upper section and there just was a buzz all night.

And thank you coach. You put that entertaining product on the field from BOTH sides of the ball and you won’t have to worry about the support.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

How many years have we seen Arizona Stadium clear out at halftime so the students could get to the parties and grandma and grandpa get home to bed?

I'm an early riser, and even I have been watching the whole games.
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

Merkin wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 8:53 am How many years have we seen Arizona Stadium clear out at halftime so the students could get to the parties and grandma and grandpa get home to bed?

I'm an early riser, and even I have been watching the whole games.
I’ve heard “basketball is right around the corner” so many times at the stadium after poor games I couldn’t count.

Not this season.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Good job fans at the game last night. Great energy and passion

Let’s sell out Utah and bring that same energy and passion

And buy as many tickets at assu as well
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

EastCoastCat wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 11:53 pm Gimme some love boys…

Did you get a another goal post for your fraternity?
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
tgrumpy2

Post by tgrumpy2 »

ASUHATER! wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 5:50 am
It literally happens every week in college football
One year during Larry Smith's tenure as coach the team decided to wear traveling jerseys at home for every home game. Every visiting team had to bring their home jerseys. Smith didn't ask anyone if he could do it, he just did it. I do believe this was a planned scheme to screw with ASU. The last game of the season against our little buddies up the road was a night game. Sometime during the afternoon Smith decided to change and wear home jerseys and since ASU was in route they did not get the word. ASU had to borrow white practice jerseys from us. Yes that really did happen. We did win the game even though ASU was a pretty heavy favorite. Larry Smith made ASU his bitch.