JMarkJohns

Fiesta Bowl Roll Call

Post by JMarkJohns »

Gonna do everything I can to be there.
UAEebs86

Re: Fiesta Bowl Roll Call

Post by UAEebs86 »

My family is there.

We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Gonna be tough. Kickoff is at 3 pm. Sd86 and I probably both have to work. We were going to be driving up for a new years party at like 6
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

At work till 12p EST, no direct flights to PHX. :(
BAREDOWN

Post by BAREDOWN »

Definitely going to be there. My dad has been a Fiesta Bowl ticket holder since it's inception, and 4 years ago he signed the account over to me. The last 3 years I have paid for the tickets ($160 a pop) and had a hard time even giving them away. This year I opted out and let me brother in law ( ducks fan) buy all 4 never considering we would even sniff this game.

Seldom right and wrong again...

Will be interesting to see what the ticket situation looks like. Like I said, I couldn't even give them away the last few years. Make-a-wish even declined my donation 2 years ago. I would expect Az fans to be there in force but who knows what the demand will be from Boise. They have been here before so who knows if their fans will travel.

BEAR DOWN and beat the Broncos, let's go get #11!
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

I have the day off but was planning a party for that night where I'm responsible for food. The party is in Phoenix though hmm
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

I already have a hotel which I booked last week figuring we would be in this bowl if we lost the Oregon game.

Perfect day, pregame and tailgate all day then hit the game and then celebrate after for NYE. Can't believe non essential personnel couldn't get off soon enough to attend and support the cats. Seems like a game we should get 25K to the game
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

I'll be there then Old Town for New Years
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

Definitely gonna be there... got my tickets!
Gilbertcat

Post by Gilbertcat »

It took me longer then it should to decide on my seats but I picked them and am counting the days.
CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

Doing everything I can to get there, but unfortunately it might not be enough.
“The force behind the movement of time is a mourning that will not be comforted.” author Marilynne Robinson
azpenguin

Post by azpenguin »

Just got my ticket.
Disambiguator

Post by Disambiguator »

I will definitely be there, with about 10 family members. If I may ask, are y'all buying your tickets through the AD, or from the Fiesta Bowl directly? Are we looking at at least $150 each?
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

Disambiguator wrote:I will definitely be there, with about 10 family members. If I may ask, are y'all buying your tickets through the AD, or from the Fiesta Bowl directly? Are we looking at at least $150 each?
direct
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Email I received from the U of A said tickets would be priced between 150-300. I checked stub hubs and other secondary markets and they are about 75 and up.
azthrillhouse

Post by azthrillhouse »

Will be there w/ tickets sourced one way or another w/ epic tailgate. (p.s. will be curious to see secondary ticket market....face value tickets are ridiculously priced, not sure if our fans or BSU fans will drive secondary market up or not, don't want to risk it.)
Pop McKale

Post by Pop McKale »

Tickets procured...party of 11.
azpenguin

Post by azpenguin »

Sweet. The ticket I picked up is on the AZ side of the stadium.
Machina

Post by Machina »

There

Like Bart Scott, CAN"T WAIT
dc4azcats

Post by dc4azcats »

The section 18 gang will be there. 33 strong and might add a few more by the time we get to the kick off.
Last edited by dc4azcats on Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UALoco

Post by UALoco »

Based on my knowledge, Arizona has 12,500 tickets to sell. They can be reserved until noon Tuesday. The remaining tickets will go on sale to general public at 7pm on Tuesday. The Arizona tickets will be allocated based on the Wildcat Point System. The tickets will range from 150 to 300 but the $300 club tickets will likely go to the folks with a VERY high number of points...not me. I really want to buy through Arizona but it looks like you'll need some seniority to make out with the good seats. It is a tough decision for me since I've only been a season ticket holder for 6 years and have a relatively low number of points.
https://www.fiestabowl.org/fiesta-bowl/ ... um-map.php
Gilbertcat

Post by Gilbertcat »

Yeah I am a bad fan. I have 19 points and feared getting placed in the 400 level for $150 each. So I bought on the AZ side through Fiesta's site in the club level. If Az has trouble selling tickets, I might reconsider and buy some cheap ones to donate or sell at a discount.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

I can't remember where I read it (maybe a Boise St article), but it said that the teams need to sell their entire allotment in order to get full payout.
splitsecond

Post by splitsecond »

I am 98% sure. I am waiting for the Cardinals to send me the special Season Ticket Holder special they do for the bowl every year. Then again that could prove to be a mistake since tickets should sell pretty well for this one.
illcat

Post by illcat »

scumdevils86 wrote:I have the day off but was planning a party for that night where I'm responsible for food. The party is in Phoenix though hmm
Hand out Mickey D's Gift Certificates and go to the game... :D
I mean I am not complaining but it must suck for good ugly girls.
--Officer Craig

You'll forgive DW99, he's used to the methed-out slores in Tempe ...
--Reydituto
UALoco

Post by UALoco »

Gilbertcat wrote:Yeah I am a bad fan. I have 19 points and feared getting placed in the 400 level for $150 each. So I bought on the AZ side through Fiesta's site in the club level. If Az has trouble selling tickets, I might reconsider and buy some cheap ones to donate or sell at a discount.
You might have done better than you think. I don't think a lot are using the Arizona site.
Gilbertcat

Post by Gilbertcat »

At least the prices are trending up on Stubhub. Better then tanking.
BearDown89

Post by BearDown89 »

azgreg wrote:I can't remember where I read it (maybe a Boise St article), but it said that the teams need to sell their entire allotment in order to get full payout.
Boise travels well. They shouldn't have any trouble selling their allotment. I checked SWA flights to Phoenix this morning when I got to the office and they were all but sold out from the 29th through Sunday the 4th. There were a couple of seats available going to Phoenix on the 28th for $358 one-way. Nothing available coming back. Local travel agent was on the sports talk show this afternoon pimping packages on private charter flights with 2 and 3 night options in Scottsdale and Biltmore area for like $1,300 - $1,500 (maybe a bit more) per person not including game ticket. Expected to be sold out in a couple of days.

My best friends lives in central Phoenix so I'd have lodging and he was ordering tickets today. But it doesn't look like there's a doable travel itinerary available anyway, and I'm not spending $800 on airfare if there was. I'll have to represent here in Boise which I don't mind doing.
Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

My tickets are on the way!!

Uggh, another 4 or 5 hour drive to see a game and spend too much dough.

Screw it!!! The Cats are in a major bowl!!! See you all there!!!
2020 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2018 BEARDOWN WILDCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
2017 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2013 GOAZCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
Gilbertcat

Post by Gilbertcat »

I want this, I want that bad. After 2 years of playing in crap bowls, one in which they hired a local band to play because they lost their hands in tickets sales, this is huge!!! I do get that playing on a work day will hurt some but I want that stadium to be our home. Look good in this game and the BYU game and their might be some more neutral site games in the future; which means I can buy beer during the games!
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

ticketcity.com has a bunch of $71 tix available.
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
azpenguin

Post by azpenguin »

UAdevil wrote:ticketcity.com has a bunch of $71 tix available.
With a $20 fee on top of it.
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

azpenguin wrote:
UAdevil wrote:ticketcity.com has a bunch of $71 tix available.
With a $20 fee on top of it.
Still cheaper than the $150-175 for the cheapest tix through the UA.
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
azthrillhouse

Post by azthrillhouse »

splitsecond wrote:I am 98% sure. I am waiting for the Cardinals to send me the special Season Ticket Holder special they do for the bowl every year. Then again that could prove to be a mistake since tickets should sell pretty well for this one.
I thought about this as well ...are you sure they've done that in the past for every Fiesta Bowl? They might have done it for the dog breath one where UCONN was here....but the relationship between the Cardinals and the Fiesta Bowl committee has been icy at best....
Gilbertcat

Post by Gilbertcat »

This might be a good sign, AZ opened up the general public's sale of tickets and are only selling the $75 upper level seats. Hopefully that means season ticket holders and Wildcat Club people bought up a lot:
All remaining tickets for the Fiesta Bowl are in the upper, 400 level at $75 each. The Arizona sections are 446 - 452.
http://ev12.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerc ... e=FBP&cgc=

When I clicked on it, it showed row 2 seats in 446 for $75. According to the Fiesta bowl's site, they would sell those for $165.
Last edited by Gilbertcat on Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

Gilbertcat wrote:This might be a good sign, AZ opened up the general public's sale of tickets and are only selling the $75 upper level seats. Hopefully that means season ticket holders and Wildcat Club people bought up a lot:
All remaining tickets for the Fiesta Bowl are in the upper, 400 level at $75 each. The Arizona sections are 446 - 452.
http://ev12.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerc ... e=FBP&cgc=
Nice!
azthrillhouse

Post by azthrillhouse »

Gilbertcat wrote:Yeah I am a bad fan. I have 19 points and feared getting placed in the 400 level for $150 each. So I bought on the AZ side through Fiesta's site in the club level. If Az has trouble selling tickets, I might reconsider and buy some cheap ones to donate or sell at a discount.
That was my crew's fear as well so we went a different route. Sucks that the university can't figure out a better way to distribute tickets.
azpenguin

Post by azpenguin »

If you have the option to go in person I would call the ticket office and check if you can get the tickets in person without the fees. I looked up the site and saw a $6 per ticket fee and the $15 for FedEx. For a single ticket that makes it $96. The school doesn't get any of that extra money.
SGIT

Post by SGIT »

Planning on making the drive down from Vegas for the game. Trying to coordinate with friends in Tucson so we can purchase tickets together... hopefully soon.
BAREDOWN

Post by BAREDOWN »

I have had season tix for the fiesta bowl for years and got them in the mail yesterday. Noticed there was no price anywhere on the ticket. That is a first and have never seen it before. Any idea why they would do that? Trying to limit scalping/resale?
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Ticket office called me and said they had an allotment of $75 tickets should anyone be interested
GoCats13

Post by GoCats13 »

I'll be there.
SGIT

Post by SGIT »

Picked up 16 seats in Section 447 @ $75 each from the Arizona Athletics website yesterday afternoon
UALoco

Post by UALoco »

So reserving tickets with AZAthletics worked out, should get 10 lower bowl tix for $150/each. Won't know for sure where I am sitting until they are all assigned but it will be lower bowl in AZ section.
UALoco

Post by UALoco »

Arizona, and Boise, will be releasing any unsold tickets around December 10th. You should be able to get $150 lower bowl tickets then.

We need to fill the stadium to be attractive to the major bowls down the road. Please make plans.
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

Who all is driving up from Tucson and driving back that night? I was going to stay but hotel rooms are too expensive.
2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Irish27 wrote:Who all is driving up from Tucson and driving back that night? I was going to stay but hotel rooms are too expensive.
My son and I are, couldn't find anything near Westgate when the bowl was announced.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
azpenguin

Post by azpenguin »

Ticket showed up today.
dc4azcats

Post by dc4azcats »

UAEebs86 wrote:
Irish27 wrote:Who all is driving up from Tucson and driving back that night? I was going to stay but hotel rooms are too expensive.
My son and I are, couldn't find anything near Westgate when the bowl was announced.
Hey Irish and UAEebs - give me a couple of minutes and check your PM as I have an alternative that our group is using and I think you guys could jump in and join us.
Cactuscat

Post by Cactuscat »

My wife and I are taking the Wildcat fan bus up there...should be fun