2015 recruits/commitment thread

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

TuiTouchdown

Re: 2015 recruits/commitment thread

Post by TuiTouchdown »

catinfl wrote:Check the scout commit list and see who's not on there.
I hate that new layout. Especially on mobile. I have no idea who's not on there. Could you fill us in?
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

TuiTouchdown wrote:
I hate that new layout. Especially on mobile. I have no idea who's not on there. Could you fill us in?
Ricky McCoy has decommited according to scout!
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

3goggles wrote:
FUCK UW!!!!!!!!!!First the OKG shit now this. You can go Fuck yourself Peterson!!

https://arizona.rivals.com/barrier_noen ... id=1711693

"While Washington has a strict policy for its commitments prohibiting visits to other schools the Huskies are still recruiting some players committed elsewhere."
Again with Washington!!!

"Darick Holmes has been committed to Arizona since the spring, but is another Pac-12 program trying to pull him away? " "
Darick Holmes has always been up front and honest about his interest in Washington, even though he's verbally committed to Arizona."
UALoco

Post by UALoco »

Well, here's to hoping that we are just opening for some spots for the new commitments we expect after the P12 championship game and the staff hits the recruiting trail hard again. :P
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

UALoco wrote:Well, here's to hoping that we are just opening for some spots for the new commitments we expect after the P12 championship game and the staff hits the recruiting trail hard again. :P
You think with this seasons success so far we would have had a few more recruits commit
whatisee

Post by whatisee »

3goggles wrote:
UALoco wrote:Well, here's to hoping that we are just opening for some spots for the new commitments we expect after the P12 championship game and the staff hits the recruiting trail hard again. :P
You think with this seasons success so far we would have had a few more recruits commit
We have/had 3 open spots. Not sad to see McCoy go if we get Williams.

Would love to keep Holmes...but if he wants to do a Hale. Then see ya
Last edited by whatisee on Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
catinfl

Post by catinfl »

Coaches really like Holmes doubt he goes to Udub at this point
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

catinfl wrote:Coaches really like Holmes doubt he goes to Udub at this point
Isn't his brother even better? Likely we end with with both brothers if Derek commits?
catinfl

Post by catinfl »

3goggles wrote:
catinfl wrote:Coaches really like Holmes doubt he goes to Udub at this point
Isn't his brother even better? Likely we end with with both brothers if Derek commits?
Darnay will be an elite prospect in 2017 and we will have a strong chance with him if Darick stays
the real dill

Post by the real dill »

check out this kid's video. its hilarious

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1487608/fotu-t-leiato-ii
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

Looks like we are the leader for the #6 prospect in Washington........assuming he can qualify.

http://washington.scout.com/story/14888 ... p-20?s=147

6) Federal Way ATH Chico McClatcher – Explosive, explosive, explosive. McClatcher is a threat to take it to the house every time he touches the ball. McClatcher was basically a one-man show for Federal Way this season and he’s got several schools that have made him offers, but he’s got some work to do as far as getting qualified is concerned. Arizona appears to be the leader right now, but there’s still a ways to go in his recruitment since he hasn’t taken any official visits to this point. Status: Uncommitted
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

That would be nice
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

catinfl wrote:Devon Modester visited, but he's a 2016 guy. I'd keep my eye on Sheriron Jones.. Muschamp is out and if he decides to look at his options I'm sure we'd be one of them.

Sheriron Jones de-committed from Florida.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Scummy Dick Douglas

Post by Scummy Dick Douglas »

UAEebs86 wrote:
catinfl wrote:Devon Modester visited, but he's a 2016 guy. I'd keep my eye on Sheriron Jones.. Muschamp is out and if he decides to look at his options I'm sure we'd be one of them.

Sheriron Jones de-committed from Florida.

He is still SEC bound.
CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

Anyone remember DE Devante Wilson who chose SC over Stoops? He would've been a big DL name to bring in then or now, as I noticed he yesterday committed to Washington State from the JuCo ranks.

He was on the SC depth chart for a season or two before dropping to the JuCo ranks.
“The force behind the movement of time is a mourning that will not be comforted.” author Marilynne Robinson
catinfl

Post by catinfl »

I don't think the staff wants to take another QB right now would rather recruit other positions. Maybe a transfer
catinfl

Post by catinfl »

dmjcat wrote:Looks like we are the leader for the #6 prospect in Washington........assuming he can qualify.

http://washington.scout.com/story/14888 ... p-20?s=147

6) Federal Way ATH Chico McClatcher – Explosive, explosive, explosive. McClatcher is a threat to take it to the house every time he touches the ball. McClatcher was basically a one-man show for Federal Way this season and he’s got several schools that have made him offers, but he’s got some work to do as far as getting qualified is concerned. Arizona appears to be the leader right now, but there’s still a ways to go in his recruitment since he hasn’t taken any official visits to this point. Status: Uncommitted
Would love to get McClatcher, but he's a longshot to qualify. Wouldn't mind grooming him at Milford academy and taking him in the Spring of 2016. On the subject of Milford it's great that we have a good connection there. The players get an extra year to get stronger and play against tough competition on the east coast and come in with full eligibility and we can red-shirt them. So a guy like Darrell Cloy who was always gonna be a project will know get an extra year to get stronger and will be a red-shirt freshman two years after coming out of High-School. Brewer also said he improved quite a bit from this time last year and he was a guy I always liked.
CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

catinfl wrote:
dmjcat wrote: Would love to get McClatcher, but he's a longshot to qualify. Wouldn't mind grooming him at Milford academy and taking him in the Spring of 2016. On the subject of Milford it's great that we have a good connection there. The players get an extra year to get stronger and play against tough competition on the east coast and come in with full eligibility and we can red-shirt them. So a guy like Darrell Cloy who was always gonna be a project will know get an extra year to get stronger and will be a red-shirt freshman two years after coming out of High-School. Brewer also said he improved quite a bit from this time last year and he was a guy I always liked.
So the Dawgman radio show (Washington Huskies bi-weekly radio show, airs in Seattle) were reporting regarding McClatcher last Saturday: "he's fully qualified according to most sources but it doesn't really matter (pertaining to the Huskies), Arizona is where he's going."

Were basing this info on Twitter traffic.
“The force behind the movement of time is a mourning that will not be comforted.” author Marilynne Robinson
catinfl

Post by catinfl »

CatsbyAZ wrote:
catinfl wrote:
dmjcat wrote: Would love to get McClatcher, but he's a longshot to qualify. Wouldn't mind grooming him at Milford academy and taking him in the Spring of 2016. On the subject of Milford it's great that we have a good connection there. The players get an extra year to get stronger and play against tough competition on the east coast and come in with full eligibility and we can red-shirt them. So a guy like Darrell Cloy who was always gonna be a project will know get an extra year to get stronger and will be a red-shirt freshman two years after coming out of High-School. Brewer also said he improved quite a bit from this time last year and he was a guy I always liked.
So the Dawgman radio show (Washington Huskies bi-weekly radio show, airs in Seattle) were reporting regarding McClatcher last Saturday: "he's fully qualified according to most sources but it doesn't really matter (pertaining to the Huskies), Arizona is where he's going."

Were basing this info on Twitter traffic.
That's interesting. Saw reports that he was a longshot. Guess we'll see in coming weeks
CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

catinfl wrote:
CatsbyAZ wrote:
catinfl wrote:
dmjcat wrote:
That's interesting. Saw reports that he was a longshot. Guess we'll see in coming weeks
This is one of Dawgman's sources announcing McClatcher qualifying. Also, Boise State is rumored to have him on campus this coming weekend.

dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

We have made the final 5 of a Louisiania linebacker:

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p= ... id=6871869
catinfl

Post by catinfl »

dmjcat wrote:We have made the final 5 of a Louisiania linebacker:

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p= ... id=6871869
McGinnis is an athletic freak. Would love to get him he can get to the passer and it furthers our roots in Louisiana which RR has been trying to establish since he's come here.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

People have complained about big time defensive recruits being nervous to play on the 3-3-5 but how does Scooby winning awards and stuff affect that? It seems like a lame complaint to me. I think if we get some more studs it really enhances your playmaking skills, sacks, TFL, Ints. I think the scheme can work great with some 4-5 star guys like Oregon gets.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

3goggles wrote:People have complained about big time defensive recruits being nervous to play on the 3-3-5 but how does Scooby winning awards and stuff affect that? It seems like a lame complaint to me. I think if we get some more studs it really enhances your playmaking skills, sacks, TFL, Ints. I think the scheme can work great with some 4-5 star guys like Oregon gets.
Scooby has been given more leeway to get after the QB than his position is usually given, so if nothing else it shows that Casteel knows how to tailor his system to the talent on the roster.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

Actually the beauty in the system is that d line should eat up blocks for your linebackers and safeties to blitz from multiple positions. It's meant to be chaotic system almost similar to the way asu pressures!
catinfl

Post by catinfl »

It's actually quite easy to recruit LB's to this scheme. It's made for the Linebackers to make plays and they like that. D lineman are harder because they're there to suck up blocks and are constantly double teamed.
azcat34

Post by azcat34 »

azgreg

Post by azgreg »

That would be a nice get.
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

yeah that be very nice! Seems like a Kirk is going to be Scum Devil. Is this kid like DJ Foster?
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

Merkin wrote:
I am hoping that they are opening up some spots for some bigger recruits. Am I silly for thinking this?
qwertyus

Post by qwertyus »

3goggles wrote:
Merkin wrote:
I am hoping that they are opening up some spots for some bigger recruits. Am I silly for thinking this?
Did he just decommit from us? Or did we offer him and now he's looking at his options again?
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

qwertyus wrote:
3goggles wrote:
Merkin wrote:
Did he just decommit from us? Or did we offer him and now he's looking at his options again?
247 Sports says he de-committed

http://247sports.com/Player/Kendall-Williams-32966
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

One would think with our success that some reevaluation would be warrented. I think will not be the first parting of a recruit
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

I thinl we are going after bigger fish. Not upset about Williams Ayoola won't be with McCoy and not surprised if 1/2 more
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

Article on DB commit Antonio Parks:

http://www.nola.com/recruiting/index.ss ... rizon.html
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

Scout article on Sharif Williams, the big DT from Fresno who gray-shirted due to his leg injury.

http://arizona.scout.com/story/1490084- ... oice?s=106
whatisee

Post by whatisee »

azcat49 wrote:One would think with our success that some reevaluation would be warrented. I think will not be the first parting of a recruit
I believe he might not have qualified and has to retake a math class.
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

CatsbyAZ wrote:
catinfl wrote:
CatsbyAZ wrote:
catinfl wrote:
dmjcat wrote:
This is one of Dawgman's sources announcing McClatcher qualifying. Also, Boise State is rumored to have him on campus this coming weekend.

Someone on BRO asked a question about Chico and UCLA and Huffman answered that UCLA never was interested because they didnt think he'd qualify, but he said he didn't think he was leaving the NW anyways. TIFWIW
catinfl

Post by catinfl »

3goggles wrote:
Merkin wrote:
no
TuiTouchdown

Post by TuiTouchdown »

Matt from that other site retweets all of the UA recruits/commits and it looks like the staff is hitting the trail hard.
Dkenner

Post by Dkenner »

Just heard from a source that Chico McClather is planning to commit to Washington this weekend.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Dedrick Young is announcing Monday at 8 AM.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

Any update on Kyahva Tezino? Still a hard WAZZU lean?
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

azgreg

Post by azgreg »

AZarchery

Post by AZarchery »

azgreg wrote:
Are we recruiting this guy? According to 24/7 we haven't offered him but STD normal has.
Dkenner

Post by Dkenner »

I just heard Chico McClaster committed to UW