"UA will disappoint next year" *ASU Fans

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

UAdevil

"UA will disappoint next year" *ASU Fans

Post by UAdevil »

http://arizonastate.scout.com/forums/16 ... -year?s=43

This thread is such an entertaining read. :lol:
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
azcat49

Re: "UA will disappoint next year" *ASU Fans

Post by azcat49 »

Idiots. I think I read one good post. Funny to think they are relevant in anything. They think they have a better football program but the wins and losses don't support that at all. They win the south,we win the south. They go to a bowl, we go to a bowl.

Now after football season there whole athletic year is over for there pitiful fans. It has to suck to be a devil supporter. What a life of misery to never accomplish anthing and to not be inspired by those you root for
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
Katzenfreund

Post by Katzenfreund »

Last edited by Katzenfreund on Thu May 07, 2015 3:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Katzenfreund wrote:"football school"
It always cracks me up when Scum Debil fans think of themselves as a "football school".

Shouldn't you be something more than totally mediocre at the sport you're claiming defines your athletic program? Or is mediocrity exactly what ASSU all about? I think we know the answer to that...
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

it is pretty funny...every time i have visited that site for the last 10 years around 30-60% of their threads at any given time are about Arizona. Whereas here or at TOS we had maybe 1 or 2 out of 100 threads about ASU.
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

Who gives two shits what these ASS Clowns think. FuCk ASSU!
Scummy Dick Douglas

Post by Scummy Dick Douglas »

azcat49 wrote:Idiots. I think I read one good post. Funny to think they are relevant in anything. They think they have a better football program but the wins and losses don't support that at all. They win the south,we win the south. They go to a bowl, we go to a bowl.

Now after football season there whole athletic year is over for there pitiful fans. It has to suck to be a devil supporter. What a life of misery to never accomplish anthing and to not be inspired by those you root for

Since Todd Graham took over after the 2011 season, ASU has the best conference record of teams in the South (19-8), UCLA is second (18-9), and USC third (17-10). Seems like the wins and losses very clearly support their relevance in football.

I get that its a rivalry, but lets not act like UA dominated the South. This was arguably a rebuilding year for ASU and they still went 9-3. UCLA fielded the youngest starting lineup in the PAC and also finished at 9-3 (and beat UA head-to-head). Just a few weeks ago you guys had a several-pages-long thread on whether Todd Graham was a better coach than Rich Rodriguez. Now UA gets its first 10 win season in 15 years and some of you post here like the program has established itself as a contender. It will take several years of program building to compete with the likes of UCLA and USC on a yearly basis. UA and ASU are both building contenders, but even with this years results, ASU has out performed UA overall in football both on (conference play, head-to-head) and off the field (recruiting) since RR and TG took over in 2011.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Chicat wrote:
It always cracks me up when Scum Debil fans think of themselves as a "football school".

Shouldn't you be something more than totally mediocre at the sport you're claiming defines your athletic program? Or is mediocrity exactly what ASSU all about? I think we know the answer to that...
bbut bubbbbutt but 1975 national championship!!!!

Arizona State 2014 9-3 .750

ASU record since joining PAC: 255-179-4 or a 58.2% winning percentage. That's an average season record of 6.9 wins and 4.9 losses. 3 BCS level bowls in that time frame with none in the last 18 seasons. ASU is 7-9 in bowl games since 1978.

Arizona 2014 10-3 .769

Arizona Record since joining PAC: 235-193-8 or a 53.9% winning percentage. That's an average season record of 6.4 wins and 5.4 losses. 2 BCS level bowls in that time frame one of which is this season. Arizona is 8-6-1 in bowl games since 1978

And let's not forget arizona is 20-16-1 against the scum in the same time span.
Last edited by scumdevils86 on Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Scummy Dick Douglas wrote:
azcat49 wrote:Idiots. I think I read one good post. Funny to think they are relevant in anything. They think they have a better football program but the wins and losses don't support that at all. They win the south,we win the south. They go to a bowl, we go to a bowl.

Since Todd Graham took over after the 2011 season, ASU has the best conference record of teams in the South (19-8), UCLA is second (18-9), and USC third (17-10). Seems like the wins and losses very clearly support their relevance in football.

I get that its a rivalry, but lets not act like UA dominated the South. This was arguably a rebuilding year for ASU and they still went 9-3. UCLA fielded the youngest starting lineup in the PAC and also finished at 9-3 (and beat UA head-to-head). Just a few weeks ago you guys had a several-pages-long thread on whether Todd Graham was a better coach than Rich Rodriguez. Now UA gets its first 10 win season in 15 years and some of you post here like the program has established itself as a contender. It will take several years of program building to compete with the likes of UCLA and USC on a yearly basis. UA and ASU are both building contenders, but even with this years results, ASU has out performed UA overall in football both on (conference play, head-to-head) and off the field (recruiting) since RR and TG took over in 2011.
you're hilarious
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

But, but, but....They're a sleeping giant.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

scumdevils86 wrote:
Chicat wrote:

ASU record since joining PAC: 255-179-4 or a 58.2% winning percentage. That's an average season record of 6.9 wins and 4.9 losses. 3 BCS level bowls in that time frame with none in the last 18 seasons. ASU is 7-9 in bowl games since 1978.

Arizona 2014 10-3 .769

Arizona Record since joining PAC: 235-193-8 or a 53.9% winning percentage. That's an average season record of 6.4 wins and 5.4 losses. 2 BCS level bowls in that time frame one of which is this season. Arizona is 8-6-1 in bowl games since 1978

in that time frame we lead the series 20-17-1. Football school.
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

You stick up for ASU at every opportunity. Makes one wonder.
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

Looking at the board overall, the lengthiest threads are all directly regarding UA or turn into the subject of UA.

Two weeks after losing the TC the tantrum still continues!
“The force behind the movement of time is a mourning that will not be comforted.” author Marilynne Robinson
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

UAdevil wrote:You stick up for ASU at every opportunity. Makes one wonder.
You don't need to wonder.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
catinfl

Post by catinfl »

Has Todd Graham recruited the DPOY in the conference? Let's look at all of the guys RR has brought in that have made a significant impact Nate Phillips, Anu Solomon, Nick Wilson, Samajie Grant, Try Griffey, Cayman Bundage, Jacob Alsadek, Parker Zellers, DeAndre Miller, Derrick Turituri, Scooby Wright, Jarvis McCall, Cameron Denson, Anthony Lopez, Will Parks, and Cody Ippollitto. Arizona is also a very young team all of those guys listed, but Parks are underclassman this year. We also have a good recruiting class coming off red-shirts. RR has proven once again he can find the diamonds in the rough out of that group let's pick all of the 2*'s or UR players. Turituri, Wright, Bundage, Zellers, McCall, Lopez, Parks, and Ippolitto. While I love picking up the 4* and 5* players I've learned to accept that RR will take the guys he likes regardless of stars and he has proven once again that he knows what he's doing in recruiting
HaCats

Post by HaCats »

Bundage was a high 3* if I recall correctly, and Parks was a solid 3* I believe. Don't disagree with your premise though.......
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Scummy Dick Douglas wrote: Since Todd Graham took over after the 2011 season, ASU has the best conference record of teams in the South (19-8), UCLA is second (18-9), and USC third (17-10). Seems like the wins and losses very clearly support their relevance in football.
So, is occasional relevance all it takes to consider one's program a 'football school'?

I understand that you can only play the hand you're dealt as an ASU fan, but surely you can at least hope for better. Because right now your aspirations are rather pedestrian.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
catinfl

Post by catinfl »

HaCats wrote:Bundage was a high 3* if I recall correctly, and Parks was a solid 3* I believe. Don't disagree with your premise though.......
http://arizona.scout.com/player/152120- ... recruiting

My mistake on Bundage though
BAREDOWN

Post by BAREDOWN »

I have been perusing that board every few days ever since we beat them, and it is absolutely hilarious when I see the number of threads about UA. They are so obsessed with us, and as mentioned in an earlier post, their opportunity to cheer on their program and school ends when the football season ends. asu is notorious for having an occasional 10 win season surrounded by mediocrity. There is so much hype surrounding their team at the start of every single year, and 9 times out of 10 they never live up to that hype.

After losing to ntOSU, they changed their tune from "conference contender" to "rebuilding year". This message was even stronger after losing to the Cats. They are sticking with this now going forward.

keep it up weevils...

History suggests you are once again destined for mediocrity..
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

BAREDOWN wrote:I have been perusing that board every few days ever since we beat them, and it is absolutely hilarious when I see the number of threads about UA. They are so obsessed with us, and as mentioned in an earlier post, their opportunity to cheer on their program and school ends when the football season ends. asu is notorious for having an occasional 10 win season surrounded by mediocrity. There is so much hype surrounding their team at the start of every single year, and 9 times out of 10 they never live up to that hype.

After losing to ntOSU, they changed their tune from "conference contender" to "rebuilding year". This message was even stronger after losing to the Cats. They are sticking with this now going forward.

keep it up weevils...

this is my favorite, favorite part. a month ago they were blowing up about being national title contenders and shoe ins for the playoff. now it was just a rebuilding year all along. lmao
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

Show me a scum devil with this list of accomplishments????
1st team all Pac 12
Cbs 1st team all American
USA today 1st team all American
Pac 12 defensive poy
Cbs defensive poy
Lombardi award
Nagurski award

I will be waiting for that response. OH and FUCK ASSU!!!!
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Terrell Suggs is probably their closest guy.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

OC/SDD, no doubt both schools are building and you would have to be blind to say that CTG and his staff is not doing a good job. They have or shoudl have, back to back 10 win seasons. They are killing it with a monster recruiting class this year. They play a defense that is all or nothing and fun to watch.

Here is the thing, they still have not won any more then we have. 1 south title each. They have no outright championships in the last 3 years. Yes they do own a 2-1 margin against us but none of that information screams dominence
HaCats

Post by HaCats »

As I heard my brother very accurately put it the other day, 'Just because you f---ing suck at basketball, doesn't automatically make you a football school'
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

HaCats wrote:As I heard my brother very accurately put it the other day, 'Just because you f---ing suck at basketball, doesn't automatically make you a football school'
True.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

HaCats wrote:As I heard my brother very accurately put it the other day, 'Just because you f---ing suck at basketball, doesn't automatically make you a football school'
Bingo

ASU is more of a Salsa Dancing school.
cats101

Post by cats101 »

The obsession has reached new heights recently. They're butt hurt. My friend texted me in jubilation after the Oregon game. I didn't even bother to text him after Stanford took them to the woodshed last year because I didn't care. Laughed, but didn't care.
cats101

Post by cats101 »

As a matter of fact he texted me the next day as well sending me memes and such. I told him asu sport season was done so I can understand the obsession. He said Anus Olomon was our future and some nobody-yet to step foot on campus QB named something White was theirs.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Your first mistake was making friends with an ASSU fan...
Scummy Dick Douglas

UAdevil wrote:

You stick up for ASU at every opportunity. Makes one wonder.
Nah, i just see this stuff as cyclical. ASU fans say the same thing to me about my regard for RR. When ASU is up you guys are losing your minds, starting threads such as "Is Todd Graham a better coach than RR". Then you have your first 10 win season in 15 years and you are suddenly the clear minded logical ones. These exact roles were reversed last season. The thing is, both of these schools have had very similar runs. The only edge I give to TG is in conference play and in recruiting. Following recruiting very closely, its impressive what he has done. ASU is a real contender for far more 4 and 5 star recruits this season than UA, and UA is coming off a historic season. And on the flip side, I do not know if I have ever seen a coach get more out of 2 and 3 star kids than Rich Rodriguez. The guy is grade A coach. In fact, and some of you will blast me for this, I wonder if his system does not thrive by having those under recruited low rated guys. We have all seen RR with a roster full of 4 and 5 stars (UM), and it wasn't pretty. I get that there are other factors, but when you are trying to coach up kids in a new system and be very detail oriented, I wonder if those under recruited kids aren't more coachable apt to listen. Just a thought.
Scummy Dick Douglas

azgreg wrote:
scumdevils86 wrote:
Chicat wrote:

Arizona 2014 10-3 .769

in that time frame we lead the series 20-17-1. Football school.
How do you guys define what kind of school you have? I think you could argue recent success is more a factor than past success. Is Colorado a football school? Is Washington a football school? Neither of those schools has been relevant for over 20 years, and yet they are clearly more football schools than anything else. ASU's best years were a long time ago. (Though if they win their bowl game it will be their first back to back 10 win season since those solid ASU teams of the 70's/80's.) Doesn't change their identity in that respect.

Its pretty clear ASU is a football school. A historically mediocre football school, but a football school none the less. UA is clearly a basketball school. UW is clearly a football school. Nebraska is clearly a football school. Miami is clearly a football school. (I can go on and on). When was the last time any of those school were serious threats to win it all?
Last edited by Scummy Dick Douglas on Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scummy Dick Douglas

catinfl wrote:

Has Todd Graham recruited the DPOY in the conference? Let's look at all of the guys RR has brought in that have made a significant impact Nate Phillips, Anu Solomon, Nick Wilson, Samajie Grant, Try Griffey, Cayman Bundage, Jacob Alsadek, Parker Zellers, DeAndre Miller, Derrick Turituri, Scooby Wright, Jarvis McCall, Cameron Denson, Anthony Lopez, Will Parks, and Cody Ippollitto. Arizona is also a very young team all of those guys listed, but Parks are underclassman this year. We also have a good recruiting class coming off red-shirts. RR has proven once again he can find the diamonds in the rough out of that group let's pick all of the 2*'s or UR players. Turituri, Wright, Bundage, Zellers, McCall, Lopez, Parks, and Ippolitto. While I love picking up the 4* and 5* players I've learned to accept that RR will take the guys he likes regardless of stars and he has proven once again that he knows what he's doing in recruiting
You can make a list like this for any successful coach, including Todd Graham. And regarding Scooby Wright, lets not get carried away. Props to RR for giving the kid a shot, but no recruit is a sure thing (especially a 2 star). For every 2 star Scooby Wright, there are 50 no name kids that end up being roster lint. Do you really think back when Scooby was recruited, had RR had the choice of giving his slot to a 4 or 5 star LB he wouldn't have? RR is good at evaluating talent, but lets not act like he had any idea Scooby was this good.
Scummy Dick Douglas

scumdevils86 wrote:
BAREDOWN wrote:I have been perusing that board every few days ever since we beat them, and it is absolutely hilarious when I see the number of threads about UA. They are so obsessed with us, and as mentioned in an earlier post, their opportunity to cheer on their program and school ends when the football season ends. asu is notorious for having an occasional 10 win season surrounded by mediocrity. There is so much hype surrounding their team at the start of every single year, and 9 times out of 10 they never live up to that hype.

keep it up weevils...

this is my favorite, favorite part. a month ago they were blowing up about being national title contenders and shoe ins for the playoff. now it was just a rebuilding year all along. lmao
Congratulation, you just descried every fan base that has ever existed. Most on this board went from predicting an 8 to 9 win season this year to thinking UA should be the favorite to win the South again next season, never mind the lost of most of the O line and secondary. As fans we are all prone to getting way to high when things are good, and getting way to low when things go badly. Its the nature of the beast. This might hurt to hear, but to the objective eye, ASU fans are no different than UA fans through the ups and downs.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Scummy Dick Douglas wrote: And regarding Scooby Wright, lets not get carried away. Props to RR for giving the kid a shot, but no recruit is a sure thing (especially a 2 star). For every 2 star Scooby Wright, there are 50 no name kids that end up being roster lint. Do you really think back when Scooby was recruited, had RR had the choice of giving his slot to a 4 or 5 star LB he wouldn't have? RR is good at evaluating talent, but lets not act like he had any idea Scooby was this good.
I agree this is probably the case for most 2-star guys, but not Scooby. That's why RR and Casteel got a charter flight to go visit Scooby to secure his committment.

His SPARQ score was incredible. They knew what they were getting, and wanted to make sure no one else realized it before signing day.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

scumdevils86 wrote:

keep it up weevils...

Congratulation, you just descried every fan base that has ever existed. Most on this board went from predicting an 8 to 9 win season this year to thinking UA should be the favorite to win the South again next season, never mind the lost of most of the O line and secondary. As fans we are all prone to getting way to high when things are good, and getting way to low when things go badly. Its the nature of the beast. This might hurt to hear, but to the objective eye, ASU fans are no different than UA fans through the ups and downs.
Scooby was an okg. End of story.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

UAEebs86 wrote:
Scummy Dick Douglas wrote: And regarding Scooby Wright, lets not get carried away. Props to RR for giving the kid a shot, but no recruit is a sure thing (especially a 2 star). For every 2 star Scooby Wright, there are 50 no name kids that end up being roster lint. Do you really think back when Scooby was recruited, had RR had the choice of giving his slot to a 4 or 5 star LB he wouldn't have? RR is good at evaluating talent, but lets not act like he had any idea Scooby was this good.
I agree this is probably the case for most 2-star guys, but not Scooby. That's why RR and Casteel got a charter flight to go visit Scooby to secure his committment.

His SPARQ score was incredible. They knew what they were getting, and wanted to make sure no one else realized it before signing day.
That was my first thought when reading Scummy trying to downplay Scooby's recruitment. Coaches don't get on chartered flights to go visit 2 star kids who may or may not impact a team at some point. They knew what they had in Scooby. It was the rest of the nation that was asleep at the wheel.
Scummy Dick Douglas

UAEebs86 wrote:

Most coaches of non-elite football programs can point to at least a few "diamond in the rough" experiences. Your boy Todd Graham did the same thing. Jaelen Strong was a 2 star JUCO recruit with 3 years of eligibility at ASU. The kid was playing JC ball right in SC and UCLA's backyard and they didn't give him so much as a sniff. Todd Graham has also signed several kids that washed out. So is Graham a genius for seeing something no one else did in Strong, or is he an idiot for signing kids that didn't pan out. Same with RR. If he is a coaching genius for being the only one that knew Scooby was going be an all american (< that is sarcasm), or do you consider him a bad evaluator of talent for the many other kids who washed out of the UA football program?

My point is this; every recruit is ultimately a shot in the dark. Even RR, as great a coach as he is, had no idea Scooby would be a 5-star caliber all american when it was all said and done. They knew he could be good. So no, they didn't know what they were getting. And if they did, they must have also known what they were getting with the kids they have recruited that have not panned out.
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

Chicat wrote:
UAEebs86 wrote:

That was my first thought when reading Scummy trying to downplay Scooby's recruitment. Coaches don't get on chartered flights to go visit 2 star kids who may or may not impact a team at some point. They knew what they had in Scooby. It was the rest of the nation that was asleep at the wheel.
The guy is a scum devil. I wouldn't be surprised if he was the 23 poster from devil digest.
2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Scummy Dick Douglas wrote:My point is this; every recruit is ultimately a shot in the dark.
If this was true, scouting services would cease to exist and coaches would not be paid nearly as much money since they're really just relying on pure dumb luck.

Face it: RR and Casteel wanted Scooby for a reason, and it wasn't just to take a flyer on som random 2 star to see if he could hack it at the Power 5 level.
cats101

Post by cats101 »

Irish27 wrote:
Chicat wrote:
UAEebs86 wrote:

The guy is a scum devil. I wouldn't be surprised if he was the 23 poster from devil digest.
Can't be, that guy is the worst poster on the internet. At least this guy makes solid points every now and then.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Chicat wrote:
Scummy Dick Douglas wrote:My point is this; every recruit is ultimately a shot in the dark.
If this was true, scouting services would cease to exist and coaches would not be paid nearly as much money since they're really just relying on pure dumb luck.

Face it: RR and Casteel wanted Scooby for a reason, and it wasn't just to take a flyer on som random 2 star to see if he could hack it at the Power 5 level.
Indeed, but Scummy Dick made a lot of good points above, particularly about Cracker and Strong. That was a damned good pick-up.

I just don't really know what his hypothesis is in this thread. Debate for the sake of debate? UA and ASU are both histroically mediocre at football, but UA is better at basketball? Cracker and Rodriguez are both delivering above expectation at this point in their tenures? None of this is really arguable, is it?
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
BAREDOWN

Post by BAREDOWN »

UAEebs86 wrote:

Most coaches of non-elite football programs can point to at least a few "diamond in the rough" experiences. Your boy Todd Graham did the same thing. Jaelen Strong was a 2 star JUCO recruit with 3 years of eligibility at ASU. The kid was playing JC ball right in SC and UCLA's backyard and they didn't give him so much as a sniff. Todd Graham has also signed several kids that washed out. So is Graham a genius for seeing something no one else did in Strong, or is he an idiot for signing kids that didn't pan out. Same with RR. If he is a coaching genius for being the only one that knew Scooby was going be an all american (< that is sarcasm), or do you consider him a bad evaluator of talent for the many other kids who washed out of the UA football program?

My point is this; every recruit is ultimately a shot in the dark. Even RR, as great a coach as he is, had no idea Scooby would be a 5-star caliber all american when it was all said and done. They knew he could be good. So no, they didn't know what they were getting. And if they did, they must have also known what they were getting with the kids they have recruited that have not panned out.

If memory serves me correct, Strong was not a 2 star. He was one of the top JUCO WR recruits coming out that year. Yes, Graham did a hell of a job securing him and signing him, but I am pretty sure he was recruited by UA, Nebraska, Miami, ntOSU, and a few others.. Hardly a "diamond in the rough" when comparing him to Scooby.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Scout and Rivals had him listed as a 3-star: http://www.houseofsparky.com/2012/12/25 ... len-strong

Offers from:

Arizona
Arizona State
Cincinnati
Illinois
Kansas
Miami (FL)
Mississippi
Mississippi St.
Nebraska
N.C. State
Oregon St.
Purdue
South Carolina
Tennessee
Texas Tech

But yeah, just like Scooby...
pokinmik

Post by pokinmik »

Ehhh, this was a good ol fashion thread to bag on asu and then scummy aka buzz killington tried to bring 'objectivity' into the discussion and ruined the vibe.
Daryl Zero

Post by Daryl Zero »

Chicat wrote:
That's funny. I think of ASU as a "bad basketball school."
Erlich Bachmann: Richard wrote the code, yes, but the inspiration was clear. Let me ask you something. How fast do you think you could jack off every guy in this room? Cause I know how long it would take me. And I could prove it.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Scummy Dick/OC has been manhandled in this thread, first Katz with the PAC era numbers and then Chi with the hammer and the offer list.

Just wish he would come clean and say he is a devil troll and all would be good
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

what's his record vs the teams in the south
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Not good but not sure what that matters. ASSU has won 1 south crown, same as ASSU and for that matter UCLA?

I guess my point is that ASSU is not anymore relevant than AZ IMO given the results. USC and UCLA are stil the 2 most relevant teams in the south and will continue to be so.

Are we to assume that because they have won 4 more conference games in 3 years that this makes them relative? I think the programs historical accompishments longer term mek that so in that respect ASSU fails.

They have a long way to go (and we have even more than that) to match the relevance of Oregon, USC and UCLA and maybe even Furd IMO

EDIT: RR is 0-3 against Mora, 1-2 against CTG and 1-1 vs the pirate and 1-2 against USC as points of reference but CTG, RR and Mora all have just 1 South crown and each has no conference championship. Work to do for each program
azcat34

Post by azcat34 »

They are delusional.

Every QB that RR has had in the second year of his offense has completely dominated. That coupled with Nick Wilson coming back as a sophomore and a ton of WR's still losing only Hill the offense is going to put up huge points.

The defense is also returns the NATIONAL PLAYER OF THE YEAR, and has improved every year as the system has become more second nature and the talent coming in has been upgrading every year.

I have no clue why they would think this year was a fluke when they were one of the youngest teams in the country and the higher recruited talent by RR is going to start seeing the field more.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

They want to believe it was a fluke.

They NEED to believe it was a fluke...