Dual In The Desert discussion thread

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

ASUHATER!

Re: Dual In The Desert discussion thread

Post by ASUHATER! »

Chicat wrote:I personally am very happy to have been so monstrously wrong.

Now if RR can prove my 4 win prediction for next year wrong (in a positive way) that would be super sweet.
I'm the same. I thought we'd be done by halftime on Friday. Next year I know we play @UTEP, @Colorado, @USC, @Asu and we skip Stanford and Washington from the north.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

PieceOfMeat wrote:
UALoco wrote:What a game! A few of you were WAY wrong. So fun to read this and the ASU thread. Thanks ya'll. You made my night.
I don't get this type of chest-thumping. Of course a few of us were way wrong (myself included) but after going 0-8 in the pac12, can you really blame/fault those of us who expected us to lose against ASsU? That season was a dumpster fire and that doesn't change even with the nice win to end the season.
I would say the same thing too because I too though we were going to lose this game and some how RR came out with a W.
Next season RR is going to find a way to crawl out of a 3-9 season and improve. My prediction still stand for Next Season 5-7 or 6-6.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

We probably can't be worse than this year injury wise again right?? We still play UTEP, nau, Oregon state at home, asu and a Houston team with a new coach. I doubt we're much better but I can see us winning 5 games next year.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

ASUHATER! wrote:We probably can't be worse than this year injury wise again right?? We still play UTEP, nau, Oregon state at home, asu and a Houston team with a new coach. I doubt we're much better but I can see us winning 5 games next year.

Such a great thing to say and look forward too.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

chiefzona wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:We probably can't be worse than this year injury wise again right?? We still play UTEP, nau, Oregon state at home, asu and a Houston team with a new coach. I doubt we're much better but I can see us winning 5 games next year.

What's your prediction Chief?

Don't see a lot of improvement in next year's team. RBs will be back, but UA did pretty well without them. Anu has regressed so much can't imagine him doing any better.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Coming here now for any particular reason Chief?
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Merkin wrote:
chiefzona wrote:

Don't see a lot of improvement in next year's team. RBs will be back, but UA did pretty well without them. Anu has regressed so much can't imagine him doing any better.

I want to wait until after signing day before making any predictions.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

PHXCATS wrote:Coming here now for any particular reason Chief?

I was on here last week. Why? Hear anything?
RazorsEdgeAZ

Post by RazorsEdgeAZ »

My expectation would be UA wins 5-6 games. Bowl birth being the decision line. If 4 games or less and a loss to ASU I would imagine lots of internal and booster pressure to just allow the March 2018 trigger and another $3 million owed to RR.

Unless RR agrees to have his contract re-worked before then.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Don't play dumb Chief.

Home games
WSU OSU UCLA Utah Houston and NAU

Away games
Oregon Cal USC Colorado Utep and ASSU

I see 7 and 5
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

chiefzona wrote:
Merkin wrote:
chiefzona wrote:

So how do you see this class ending up. Do you like these guys or are their still too many "OKG's".
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

What differnece does it make chief?

Most incoming don't play right away anyways.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

PHXCATS wrote:Don't play dumb Chief.

Home games
WSU OSU UCLA Utah Houston and NAU

Away games
Oregon Cal USC Colorado Utep and ASSU

I see 7 and 5

Play dumb? 7-5 huh?
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

OSU Utep NAU Oregon Cal ASSU and one of the other home games.

Don't think that is unreasonable at all.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

chiefzona wrote:
Merkin wrote:
chiefzona wrote:

I feel like if we don't hear of any major decommitments after the bowl season ends, we might be in the clear. Those committed kids have so far stuck through 3-9 and an 8 game losing streak where we got hosed to the tune of 358-147.

Obviously the #1 job for the coaching staff right now is keeping this class intact. If they can't, it might not be until the 2020s before this team can start making progress again...
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

CalStateTempe wrote:What differnece does it make chief?

Most incoming don't play right away anyways.

This class will have to because of the poor depth.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

azcat49 wrote:
chiefzona wrote:
Merkin wrote:
chiefzona wrote:

So how do you see this class ending up. Do you like these guys or are their still too many "OKG's".

It's ok. We'll see who commits and decommits though.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

How many true freshmen make an impact, esp, where the UA needs the most bodies in the trenches? Almost all true freshman redshirt in those positions so they can bulk up.

I don't follow recruiting so don't know if any JC big uglies are coming in.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

60 minute Replay is on Pac-12 Network right now.
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

RazorsEdgeAZ wrote:My expectation would be UA wins 5-6 games. Bowl birth being the decision line. If 4 games or less and a loss to ASU I would imagine lots of internal and booster pressure to just allow the March 2018 trigger and another $3 million owed to RR.

Unless RR agrees to have his contract re-worked before then.
I don't think you said what you meant to... that reads as though 4 losses or less with a loss to ASU means we ALLOW the additional retention bonus to kick in.

Regardless... if we go 4-6/5-7, no matter what we do vs ASU, and Byrne allows the trigger for the additional buyout to kick in - then he should be fired.

I think a 6-6 record (bowl or not) should see him sent packing... short of a winning conference record, he should need to surrender the March '18 buyout in a renegotiation if he wanted to return.
RazorsEdgeAZ

Post by RazorsEdgeAZ »

Awww yes, written poorly. Intended to write that boosters and other pressures would be there NOT to allow additional $3M to trigger. Cut ties
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

It funny that I see some people on here mentioning that next season we should win 5 or 6. Did I not mention this awhile back depending how this season will ends and Next season we should go for improvement either 5-7 or 6-6

I'm not bragging that I mention it first, It just that some of yawl came too late with it.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Did you forget TO sign in as Chief?
Last edited by PHXCATS on Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

yawl

hahhhhhhhhhh
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

cordera89 wrote:It funny that I see some people on here mentioning that next season we should win 5 or 6. Did I not mention this awhile back depending how this season will ends and Next season we should go for improvement either 5-7 or 6-6

I'm not bragging that I mention it first, It just that some of yawl came too late with it.
I don't believe you. Prove you said it first. And show your work.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

PHXCATS wrote:Did you forget TO sign in as Chief?

What? You ok?
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

It was a joke because you Chief always likes TO do the look at me look at me I am smarter I am better I am the best. I am number one and you all are number TO.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

PHXCATS wrote:It was a joke because you Chief always likes TO do the look at me look at me I am smarter I am better I am the best. I am number one and you all are number TO.

Oh. Ok. Sounds like you can use some help buddy.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

TIME maybe your friend but I am not. Nor am I your buddy. But maybe I will give it a WEEK to figure it OUT Chief.
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

Chicat wrote:
cordera89 wrote:It funny that I see some people on here mentioning that next season we should win 5 or 6. Did I not mention this awhile back depending how this season will ends and Next season we should go for improvement either 5-7 or 6-6

CHI You might want to go back a few thread and figure out that their was few discussion on how many game RR need to win next season to keep his job. My prediction was for him to go 5-7 or 6-6 while everyone else had their own prediction. You were on that thread as well.

So I put it like this, You can ignore this rather than dragging it out or you can find a thread that has me mentioning 5-7 or 6-6 next season.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

cordera89 wrote:
Chicat wrote:

CHI You might want to go back a few thread and figure out that their was few discussion on how many game RR need to win next season to keep his job. My prediction was for him to go 5-7 or 6-6 while everyone else had their own prediction. You were on that thread as well.

So I put it like this, You can ignore this rather than dragging it out or you can find a thread that has me mentioning 5-7 or 6-6 next season.
So.....you can't prove it?
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

PieceOfMeat wrote:
cordera89 wrote:
Chicat wrote:

So.....you can't prove it?
Why don't you go find some of my thread on here and find out for yourself because I don't need to prove to anyone that I brought up, I mention it few time on two thread that I made and that next season we should improve to 5-7 or 6-6 after what we finish this season. that 5 to 6 wins. Everyone else had their own prediction and their own opinion. But if you don't want to believe that then you can just STFO and be done with it.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

cordera89 wrote:
Why don't you go find some of my thread on here and find out for yourself
So....you still can't prove it?

If you make a claim, you should either be prepared to back it up with some proof....or you don't and you get called out for being a fool &/or liar.

P.s., I have no idea (nor do I care) whether you're correct or not in your claim, I was just noting that when someone asked you for proof, you couldn't prove it. Your statement is that of a petulant child along the lines of "no YOU (insert something here)" which in your case is "no YOU prove it".
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

I was the inventor of the "Kermit sipping tea" meme. If you don't believe me, why don't you go find some of my threads on here and find out for yourself because I don't need to prove to anyone that I invented it. If you don't want to believe that then you can just STFO and be done with it.
RazorsEdgeAZ

Post by RazorsEdgeAZ »

Well I'll document when I started asking about what it will take for RR to keep his job next year:
Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:48 pm

What is an acceptable next season for RR? That's where the discussion can go. It helps if he can get a win or two this year to build momentum for a crucial next season. An ASSU win the best option. If he just won that game alone this year. It would relieve some offseason pressure and rebuild some fan hope.

I think most all of us agree RR will be here next season. What's an acceptable season to satisfy progress in the program? Team won't be lights out good next year. Should be "better" than this year. What's a realistic fan expectation for many fans want to keep RR here? Can't realistically expect RR to win the South next year. I guess somewhere in the middle of Winning the South and going 1-8 or 2-7 in the PAC... Is it 3 conference wins?
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4016&p=214524&hilit ... ce#p214524

I asked end of October, but I was asking about Conference game wins. I expect UA can beat NAU and UTEP. I think some of you were talking Conference games as well and not necessarily overall wins including OOC.