Cornerbacks Coach/Lead Recruiter Search

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

CatMG

Re: Cornerbacks Coach/Lead Recruiter Search

Post by CatMG »

I am not sure the football program can go any lower when fans start reminiscing about the good ole Stoops days.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

CatMG wrote:I am not sure the football program can go any lower when fans start reminiscing about the good ole Stoops days.
Well we recruited better and on average won more conference games...bring in Stoops circa 2008 and his recruiting and RR as offensive coordinator then it could work.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
UALoco

Post by UALoco »

Can't wait for the AD spot to open up and you second-guessers to apply, take over, and lead us to the promise land.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

This isn't a GB could do better at this point thread. This is a RR needs to get it done In year 6 thread.

Sorry if you came to the wrong board as this is a board of mostly non Kool aid drinkers. A board which can look at the facts and not see with blinders on.
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
UALoco

Post by UALoco »

I prefer crown and coke to kool-aid. I'm not an RR apologist but I don't long for the good 'ole days of stoops. Anyways..if the team doesn't perform next year, we'll need to try our luck with another coach but I won't fault GB for looking for a change from the stoops train wreck. Which coach sucks more?...does it really matter?
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

Then why acting like a spoil child after the team suffer their first losing season under RR. Fuck Stoops he didn't do jack shit to make Arizona even better than what RR is doing.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Look nobody wants Stoops back or a Stoops level coach. It's just most if us realize RR in year 5 isn't even that
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

cordera89 wrote:Then why acting like a spoil child after the team suffer their first losing season under RR. Fuck Stoops he didn't do jack shit to make Arizona even better than what RR is doing.
I noticed you have not responded to my posts comparing the records of the 2... their overall tenures have been on par with one another, although Stoops did inherit a bigger train wreck and played some legitimate teams in the OOC schedule.

Blind faith is not a compelling argument.
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

UALoco wrote:I prefer crown and coke to kool-aid. I'm not an RR apologist but I don't long for the good 'ole days of stoops. Anyways..if the team doesn't perform next year, we'll need to try our luck with another coach but I won't fault GB for looking for a change from the stoops train wreck. Which coach sucks more?...does it really matter?
I don't fault Byrne for making a change from Stoops at all - it needed to be done. The only thing I fault GB for is prematurely accelerating RR's retention bonus.

If we don't go at least 7-5 next year, and preferably 8-4, then I think it will be time to make a change again.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
prh

Post by prh »

cordera89 wrote:Then why acting like a spoil child after the team suffer their first losing season under RR. Fuck Stoops he didn't do jack shit to make Arizona even better than what RR is doing.
Conference records are the only things that are useful for comparison of two tenures.

Stoops: 27-38, .415
RR: 18-26, .409
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

prh wrote:
Conference records are the only things that are useful for comparison of two tenures.

Stoops: 27-38, .415
RR: 18-26, .409
A 9 game difference while both coaches have a losing overall in conference play. So tell me again which one had a winning conference record overall.
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

Harvey Specter wrote:
I noticed you have not responded to my posts comparing the records of the 2... their overall tenures have been on par with one another, although Stoops did inherit a bigger train wreck and played some legitimate teams in the OOC schedule.

Their no comparison between the two coaches. Both coaches were coaching in two different era of the PAC10/12.
Of course your going to bring up that Stoop was inexperience, Inherit a dumpster fired from his predecessor, had 7 year to build his program while RR was experience, Inherit a less talent team from his predecessor, had 5 year to build his program.

The result was Stoops got fired after 1-5 start mid season n Year 7, RR suffer his first losing season in Year 5.

This isn't blind faith or blind hope? It two different outcome. Stoops wouldn't won a south division title or made it to PAC 12 title game nor a BCS bowl game If he was retain after the 2011 season.
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

Harvey Specter wrote:
UALoco wrote:I prefer crown and coke to kool-aid. I'm not an RR apologist but I don't long for the good 'ole days of stoops. Anyways..if the team doesn't perform next year, we'll need to try our luck with another coach but I won't fault GB for looking for a change from the stoops train wreck. Which coach sucks more?...does it really matter?
I don't fault Byrne for making a change from Stoops at all - it needed to be done. The only thing I fault GB for is prematurely accelerating RR's retention bonus.

If we don't go at least 7-5 next year, and preferably 8-4, then I think it will be time to make a change again.
You are faulting Byrnes decision thou, Just because he fired Stoops on a 1-5 start and didn't pull the plug on RR 3-9 season Doesn't mean we should blame him.

7-5 and 8-4 are not probable after coming off a 3-9 campaign. If a healthy team, Then their little slight chance for that to happen. Lower your expectation.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

cordera89 wrote:Lower your expectation.
No
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

cordera89 wrote:team suffer their first losing season under RR
Pretty much every one is a losing record but the one year if you take out the Sisters of Mercy cupcakes and look just at conference records.

Besides 1-9 v. LA, and 2-3 v. ASU which are the teams to beat if the Cats ever want to win the South again.
Last edited by Merkin on Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
azpenguin

Post by azpenguin »

I will say that the conference was different during the two coaches tenure. Stoops did have to deal with a powerhouse USC and a rising Oregon, as well as Tedford's Cal teams. But UW was bad-to-horrible, Washington State was floundering, Stanford was baaaad, UCLA was mired in the muck, Oregon State was mediocre to bad, and ASU was fluttering through the Koetter and Erickson years. The conference is now stronger top to bottom. Cal has been bad-to-mediocre, so that's one difference, Oregon State sank after Riley, and RR had Colorado's dumpster fire years to feast on. But UCLA has been solid, Stanford has been very good, Utah (who Stoops never solved) has been a tough out for everyone, UW is back, Wazzu is a top 25 caliber team, and ASU has been a lot more solid than under the previous three coaches. Stoops beat up on some Pac-12 teams in down years for the Pac, and he had a lot more bad losses - in this case I'm talking about teams he should have beat and still lost to. Examples - '05 UW and Stanford, '07 Stanford, '07 & '08 New Mexico (non-conference, but c'mon, they had no business losing those) , '08 Stanford, '09 UW & Cal, '10 Oregon State.

That said, RR has missed some chances he should have converted. The recruiting hole under the previous defensive coaching staff may also be a bit much to dig out from under, considering the talent gap that has developed in the Pac-12 South.
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

cordera89 wrote:
Harvey Specter wrote:

Their no comparison between the two coaches. Both coaches were coaching in two different era of the PAC10/12.
Of course your going to bring up that Stoop was inexperience, Inherit a dumpster fired from his predecessor, had 7 year to build his program while RR was experience, Inherit a less talent team from his predecessor, had 5 year to build his program.

The result was Stoops got fired after 1-5 start mid season n Year 7, RR suffer his first losing season in Year 5.

This isn't blind faith or blind hope? It two different outcome. Stoops wouldn't won a south division title or made it to PAC 12 title game nor a BCS bowl game If he was retain after the 2011 season.
Yes, he would have won a South Div title in 2009 & played UO for the Conf championship had those things existed.

And Rodriguez inherited a MUCH more talented team than Stoops did... in fact the talent level has decreased as he has replaced Stoops recruits with his own..
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

cordera89 wrote:
Harvey Specter wrote:

You are faulting Byrnes decision thou, Just because he fired Stoops on a 1-5 start and didn't pull the plug on RR 3-9 season Doesn't mean we should blame him.

7-5 and 8-4 are not probable after coming off a 3-9 campaign. If a healthy team, Then their little slight chance for that to happen. Lower your expectation.
Please read what has been typed and not what you are imagining... I have stated repeatedly that:
1. I do NOT blame Byrne for firing Stoops when he did... a changed needed to be made. I did criticize the RR hire at the time (and was blasted for it)
2. I do NOT think Byrne should have canned RR after last season, because of the buyout expense (which IS Byrne's fault) and the chips RR earned with his 2014 season. Those chips are all spent.
3. If RR starts 1-5/ 2-6, then I DO believe he should be canned mid-season.

I am not lowering my expectations... You want to give RR an extension for keeping a patient on life support that he put in the hospital. I want the patient revived and discharged - fix the problems HE created.

You blame injuries for all our woes? A healthy team should be able to make a dramatic turnaround if the program is in otherwise decent shape. I am not looking for a BCS bowl berth... a winning conference record for the 2nd time in 6 tries.
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

Can we get this back on track with who we are going to or who we should go after to fill this position?
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

I bet Yates ends up coaching corners and they look for a LB coach and give him an associate DC tag or something like that.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

3goggles wrote:Can we get this back on track with who we are going to or who we should go after to fill this position?
I hear Jeff Fisher is available.
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

Harvey how many time do you want me to go over this. Stoop wouldn't come close of winning the south division if the conference was split in 2009, The result would be different. The teams wouldn't be in the exact same division. Keep on making yourself believable.
prh

Post by prh »

cordera89 wrote:Harvey how many time do you want me to go over this. Stoop wouldn't come close of winning the south division if the conference was split in 2009, The result would be different. The teams wouldn't be in the exact same division. Keep on making yourself believable.
What would the result have been? Please enlighten us
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

cordera89 wrote:Harvey how many time do you want me to go over this. Stoop wouldn't come close of winning the south division if the conference was split in 2009, The result would be different. The teams wouldn't be in the exact same division. Keep on making yourself believable.
Thank you, Professor... I don't need to make myself believable - I have the facts to do that for me.

Oregon finished #1 in the P10 in 2009: I am quite sure they would NOT have been in the South Division. If you are suggesting that Oregon would have been in the south division - then you need to learn how to read a map.

Arizona finished T2 (along with Oregon St. & Stanford) in the P10 in 2009, and we beat BOTH of those teams head-to-head. Regardless of who else was in the South Division in 2009, Arizona would have been the Champion.

Even if the conference had been split into East-West Divisions, Oregon would have been in the West and AZ in the East... if you doubt that, check a longitudinal map.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Now that Jean-Mary is off the board my list in order of preference would be:

Tony White - SDSU
Courtney Viney - OU
Kevin Curtis - Louisiana Tech
Derek Jones - Duke
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

BearDown89 wrote: Well, spit it out Chief....
Chief just said earlier that it didn't matter who was hired, but now he says he's dreaming about the hire? :?
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Puerco wrote:
Chief just said earlier that it didn't matter who was hired, but now he says he's dreaming about the hire? :?

I said coaching changes.....not coach hire. ;)
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

chiefzona wrote:
Puerco wrote:
The important thing is to make sure everyone knows you're connected.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Chicat wrote:
chiefzona wrote:
Puerco wrote:
The important thing is to make sure everyone knows you're connected.

Connected? I had a bad dream. :lol:
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

So as with everything else you say, your tweet should be ignored? Good to know. Luckily you don't have a ton of followers who might be confused by your musings on bad dreams.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Chicat wrote:So as with everything else you say, your tweet should be ignored? Good to know. Luckily you don't have a ton of followers who might be confused by your musings on bad dreams.

True dat angry man. Merry Christmas and smile a little.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

chiefzona wrote:
Chicat wrote:So as with everything else you say, your tweet should be ignored? Good to know. Luckily you don't have a ton of followers who might be confused by your musings on bad dreams.

Chi isnt angry man, he is truth man. Your posts and tweets are always cryptic like you know something but yet you never elaborate.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

azcat49 wrote:
chiefzona wrote:

Chi isnt angry man, he is truth man. Your posts and tweets are always cryptic like you know something but yet you never elaborate.
Because the most important thing isn't knowing something . . . it's impressing people on the Internet by making them THINK you know something.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Chicat wrote:
azcat49 wrote:
chiefzona wrote:

Because the most important thing isn't knowing something . . . it's impressing people on the Internet by making them THINK you know something.

Or knowing something and waiting for it to develop. In any case, the program is trashed and I could care less. Nothing matters at this point....it's just fun to talk about.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

azcat49 wrote:
chiefzona wrote:

Oh ok.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

chiefzona wrote:
Chicat wrote:Because the most important thing isn't knowing something . . . it's impressing people on the Internet by making them THINK you know something.
Or knowing something and waiting for it to develop. In any case, the program is trashed and I could care less. Nothing matters at this point....it's just fun to talk about.
See?? That's the spirit! Make sure the rubes think you're someone important. It's why the internet was invented. :lol:
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

chiefzona wrote:
Chicat wrote:
azcat49 wrote:
chiefzona wrote:

Sure it is but no one knows why........except you but you are not talking as usual
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Chicat wrote:
chiefzona wrote:
Chicat wrote:Because the most important thing isn't knowing something . . . it's impressing people on the Internet by making them THINK you know something.
See?? That's the spirit! Make sure the rubes think you're someone important. It's why the internet was invented. :lol:

The Christmas Spirit! I'm no one important at all. I'm an outsider looking in. I am just affiliated with some people close to the program. Every once in awhile I hear a thing or two. What irks me are the people who get paid to tell the fans and they mislead and misrepresent themselves. That is a crime that I've seen for quite a few years since I've been in Tucson. I saw the writing on this wall years ago and I spoke my mind about it despite being made fun of and discredited. Any idiot who only knew the basics about college football could have seen it but many were fooled by the pundits who wanted you to believe that RR knows what he's doing just so you would all keep that money flying at them. In the end, all you have is an angry fan base and some much needed apathy. I'm slowly separating myself from the problem and I'm looking forward to seeing what the next regime could do. In the meantime, I'll enjoy this bowl season. I hope that you do to my friend.
Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

chiefzona wrote:
Chicat wrote:
chiefzona wrote:

The Christmas Spirit! I'm no one important at all. I'm an outsider looking in. I am just affiliated with some people close to the program. Every once in awhile I hear a thing or two. What irks me are the people who get paid to tell the fans and they mislead and misrepresent themselves. That is a crime that I've seen for quite a few years since I've been in Tucson. I saw the writing on this wall years ago and I spoke my mind about it despite being made fun of and discredited. Any idiot who only knew the basics about college football could have seen it but many were fooled by the pundits who wanted you to believe that RR knows what he's doing just so you would all keep that money flying at them. In the end, all you have is an angry fan base and some much needed apathy. I'm slowly separating myself from the problem and I'm looking forward to seeing what the next regime could do. In the meantime, I'll enjoy this bowl season. I hope that you do to my friend.

Then why don't you just say what you heard? Instead you play your usual little game trying to make yourself look important with insider info in the continuing pathetic effort at blowing yourself up.
2020 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2018 BEARDOWN WILDCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
2017 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2013 GOAZCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

carcassdragger wrote:
chiefzona wrote:
Chicat wrote:
chiefzona wrote:

Then why don't you just say what you heard? Instead you play your usual little game trying to make yourself look important with insider info in the continuing pathetic effort at blowing yourself up.
Don't forget that sweet sweet martyrdom.

Only Chief saw the truth, then came the pitchforks and torches....
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

I will give you credit for the lack of talent but anyone could say a coach will fail at AZ and eventually be right. Only Larry Smith got out of dodge as a builder of this program and was wanted by a bigger program.

Tooting your horn loud only shows how big a bag of wind you are
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

azcat49 wrote:I will give you credit for the lack of talent but anyone could say a coach will fail at AZ and eventually be right. Only Larry Smith got out of dodge as a builder of this program and was wanted by a bigger program.

Haha. Thanks for the cred. Read where I said.....any idiot who knew only the basics......basically.....even me being an idiot saw the writing on the wall. The only difference is I didn't buy the bs that the pundits were pushing. I know when someone just wants money and to have their ego fed because they were the nerds getting beat up in high school. We all know who those guys are, right?
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

chiefzona wrote:
azcat49 wrote:I will give you credit for the lack of talent but anyone could say a coach will fail at AZ and eventually be right. Only Larry Smith got out of dodge as a builder of this program and was wanted by a bigger program.

Haha. Thanks for the cred. Read where I said.....any idiot who knew only the basics......basically.....even me being an idiot saw the writing on the wall. The only difference is I didn't buy the bs that the pundits were pushing. I know when someone just wants money and to have their ego fed because they were the nerds getting beat up in high school. We all know who those guys are, right?
Wait, are we talking about you or RichRod?
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Haha, love me some CHI!!!

Chief, why don't you just stick to the recruits and give us a little evaluation. Your eval on Dixon is one we will watch. you at least finally mentioned he had a slow 40 (so did Cayleb Jones) and poor sparq number s as a reason he should have been offered as a walk on.

Hard to say if his limited PAC offers have more to do with his unyielding desire to attend his home school or if the other programs really see what you see. Time will tell but he is a 4 star and one site had him as the number one recruit in AZ so this one is a great one to cut your teeth on.

Jones wasn't the fastest or the strongest and maybe at 5 stars that was one star to high but he was a pretty good college kid and maybe Dixon ends up being as productive as him (one can hope)
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Chicat wrote:
chiefzona wrote:

Wait, are we talking about you or RichRod?

Neither. I'm talking about the pundits who never played a day of football yet they are the experts on football and recruiting. Guys who get paid to sell fans down a dark river of deceit. It's the vicious Arizona football cycle.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

azcat49 wrote:Haha, love me some CHI!!!

Chief, why don't you just stick to the recruits and give us a little evaluation. Your eval on Dixon is one we will watch. you at least finally mentioned he had a slow 40 (so did Cayleb Jones) and poor sparq number s as a reason he should have been offered as a walk on.

Hard to say if his limited PAC offers have more to do with his unyielding desire to attend his home school or if the other programs really see what you see. Time will tell but he is a 4 star and one site had him as the number one recruit in AZ so this one is a great one to cut your teeth on.

Jones wasn't the fastest or the strongest and maybe at 5 stars that was one star to high but he was a pretty good college kid and maybe Dixon ends up being as productive as him (one can hope)

I'll stick to whatever I want to. That's how I've always rolled. I don't get paid for my evals.....ask the experts who have been selling snake oil what they think of Dixon.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

It's ok Chief. Just show us on the Wilbur doll where the bad man at Scout touched you...
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Chicat wrote:It's ok Chief. Just show us on the Wilbur doll where the bad man at Scout touched you...

Who's the bad man? You mean the bad men! Hahaha! that was fun while it lasted just like rivals. LOL
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

chiefzona wrote:
azcat49 wrote:Haha, love me some CHI!!!

I'll stick to whatever I want to. That's how I've always rolled. I don't get paid for my evals.....ask the experts who have been selling snake oil what they think of Dixon.
Then you are really truly full of shit. Why then say he should have been offered as a walk on? If you say ask the experts then let it be, don't second guess there evals.

Could you be any more of a phony? My goodness man