General Malaise and Complaining about the Football Program

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

ASUHATER!

Re: Fire RR

Post by ASUHATER! »

Most coaches would give their left nut to coach in the sec and get creamed by Alabama every year rather than coach Arizona.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

chiefzona wrote:
Chicat wrote:The plan is in place...
Chicat wrote:When we come back from Boulder with a record of 2-3, then he gets the axe. Let the kids rally around the interim coach for the UCLA game and start the coaching search for real.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:
:lol:
Please tell us all how you disagree or agree....
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Chi, he has no clue. Hell he is the Brandon Dawkins of the internet, just throw up shit and hope someone catches it and runs with it
Last edited by azcat49 on Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
TheBuffet

Post by TheBuffet »

Don't let two Friday night appearances distract you from the fact we are 0-2 against real D1 football teams.
OSUCat

Post by OSUCat »

Maybe Arizona can get Mark Stroops.
Formerly Lynx Rufus.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Mike Norvell
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Chicat wrote:
chiefzona wrote:
Chicat wrote:When we come back from Boulder with a record of 2-3, then he gets the axe. Let the kids rally around the interim coach for the UCLA game and start the coaching search for real.

I completely disagree.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

azcat49 wrote:Mike Norvell

No thanks.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

OSUCat wrote:Maybe Arizona can get Mark Stroops.

Pass
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

chiefzona wrote:
Chicat wrote:
chiefzona wrote:

I completely disagree.
Your reading comprehension needs work.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

ChiCat- You said "The plan is in place". I disagree with that. It's garbage and unsubstantiated.
OSUCat

Post by OSUCat »

chiefzona wrote:
OSUCat wrote:Maybe Arizona can get Mark Stroops.
Pass
It was made in jest.
Formerly Lynx Rufus.
FlyonWall

Post by FlyonWall »

Maybe this is like the play the Music Man and RR is Professor Hill who has come to town promising us our kids would make a great band (with his help), and sells us uniforms, instruments and indoor practice facilities. Then when the town people demand "where is the band", because you know Professor Hill was not really a professor but really a flim flam man who was captured trying to escape to another town to sell his promise at his next stop, the kids come out and play and the parents are so proud (even though the band sounds terrible). Except in this story the town people are not so easily impressed and notice little Johnny's trombone sounds terrible and he seems poorly trained. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Music_Man_(1962_film)
Macho Grande

Post by Macho Grande »

Wonder if we'd have a shot at Chad Morris. He's done a good job of getting SMU to not suck. He probably ends up at aTm or Arkansas though.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

chiefzona wrote:ChiCat- You said "The plan is in place". I disagree with that. It's garbage and unsubstantiated.
In other words I went wading in the dumpster you call home.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Chicat wrote:
chiefzona wrote:ChiCat- You said "The plan is in place". I disagree with that. It's garbage and unsubstantiated.
In other words I went wading in the dumpster you call home.

Oh ok. Sounds good. Let's just go with that then. Wading in the denial river feels good.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

ASUHATER! wrote:Most coaches would give their left nut to coach in the sec and get creamed by Alabama every year rather than coach Arizona.
Lol this is so far from reality it's hilarious.
97cats

Post by 97cats »

ChooChooCat wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:Most coaches would give their left nut to coach in the sec and get creamed by Alabama every year rather than coach Arizona.
i was just going to quote and respond as well -- as far from reality as it is, its par for the course for this particular poster, whos completely out of touch.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Macho Grande wrote:Wonder if we'd have a shot at Chad Morris. He's done a good job of getting SMU to not suck. He probably ends up at aTm or Arkansas though.

I think he might be poised for a big job.
azpenguin

Post by azpenguin »

chiefzona wrote:
Macho Grande wrote:Wonder if we'd have a shot at Chad Morris. He's done a good job of getting SMU to not suck. He probably ends up at aTm or Arkansas though.

I think he might be poised for a big job.
Damn, I agree with you on something :mrgreen:
qwertyus

Post by qwertyus »

First time I've turned off a Cats game without it being a blowout. And even then, I've watched my share of blowouts.

Just don't care much anymore. This team continues to find new ways to be bad, and until we get a new injection of life into this program, it's only going to get worse and worse.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

qwertyus wrote:First time I've turned off a Cats game without it being a blowout. And even then, I've watched my share of blowouts.

Just don't care much anymore. This team continues to find new ways to be bad, and until we get a new injection of life into this program, it's only going to get worse and worse.
I watched the first half then went out to dinner with the wife and ate tapas. Didn't have a moments hesitation to stay and watch and get take out. Wife would've been fine either way.
RazorsEdgeAZ

Post by RazorsEdgeAZ »

It'll just take one win over the next 3 games to breathe hope back. Win two out of next three and Fire RR narrative could slant other way. The bar is that low. Lose all three and lose to Cal (I'm not sure they're as bad as advertised) and that could be the end of RR. IF UA were to make a move you'd think they would do by then. IF UA has decided they're going another direction they would want to to it before RR could possibly win a game (Oregon St) and do it two months ahead of signing period. Let the verbals decide to stay or go.

Sell new coach on the new upgrades and talent, true freshman performing well (future roster)
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Love your optimism Razor but I can't see us winning any of those 3. UCLA is bad but they have betters players. Hell all of those team do. Maybe the bruins will have quit by then but they always seem to be up for us.

I think Q and CST said it best, there is just great apathy around the program. No one cares as seen by the woeful attendance numbers. Losing used to sting for me but right now its no big deal and that is an issue.

Only real game I want to see is Wazzu They outright embarrassed us (69-7) and I would like to see us upset them. Not sue we can but it is at home and we should eb highly motivated.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

That is an issue Azcat49! I hate losing, but right now it doesn't matter. I want that feeling again. I want to feel the joy of hanging house game day flag and sadness in taking it down after a loss on Sunday. Right now I'm just going through the superstitious motions.

For me that realization is probably one of the saddest parts of where we are at.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

Merkin wrote:Like Hansen said, this is the lowest attended home conference opener since the WAC days. That's good enough reason right there to fire him when the university and city have lost faith in the program.
1Q

threenumberones

Post by threenumberones »

Anyone curious how Yates might do with the team if RR gets the boot? In general I think he's done an admirable job with the D, despite the bend but don't break shit which drives me nuts. He doesn't talk to the media all that much but when he does, I like what he has to say.
BearDown89

Post by BearDown89 »

threenumberones wrote:Anyone curious how Yates might do with the team if RR gets the boot? In general I think he's done an admirable job with the D, despite the bend but don't break shit which drives me nuts. He doesn't talk to the media all that much but when he does, I like what he has to say.
I'm totally down with Yates at this point. Think the D looks great comparatively speaking . . .
3rdand25

Re:

Post by 3rdand25 »

One of the most overrated things that a coach can do is "win the press conference". I could care less how the pretentious elite and media perceive a coach's media performance (not saying anyone here fits that bill)

If a coach can connect with players (key to recruiting obviously) and can connect with the average football fan, you're in a better place than you are today. Players and fans see right thru a bullshitter, but for whatever reason, elites either don't, or can't believe that the unsophisticated can discern the bs.

So I wouldn't undersell ideas like Marcel Yates, or Chuck Cecil, etc. Being a little rough around the edges (look at a Nick Saban press conference, not exactly smooth) but being genuine might be an asset at AZ.
Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

97cats wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:
i was just going to quote and respond as well -- as far from reality as it is, its par for the course for this particular poster, whos completely out of touch.

Hi 97, '.....for this particular poster, whos completely out of touch, childish, rude and extremely obnoxious.' There, I fixed it for you ;-).

Bear Down.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

ChooChooCat wrote:
I'm sorry you don't understand college sports in 2017. It's reality. Gotta take off your cardinal and navy glasses at some point and realize that's how shit works. Name 1 legit reason (no not ones that I'd laugh you out of the room for, legit ones) why a coach would rather coach at Arizona than in the sec. I'll be waiting for years for a real answer for this one.

OSUCat

Post by OSUCat »

Curious, does the sudden basketball news create a situation where RR is safe this year because the AD and staff having to stay on top of basketball program investigation?
Formerly Lynx Rufus.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

OSUCat wrote:Curious, does the sudden basketball news create a situation where RR is safe this year because the AD and staff having to stay on top of basketball program investigation?
I think it would be hard for Heeke to make a move when the breadwinner program is mired in scandal. I think RR coaches out the year. Who would even notice?
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

Chicat wrote:
OSUCat wrote:Curious, does the sudden basketball news create a situation where RR is safe this year because the AD and staff having to stay on top of basketball program investigation?
I think it would be hard for Heeke to make a move when the breadwinner program is mired in scandal. I think RR coaches out the year. Who would even notice?
Hell, he might even beat Graham and ASU in the Dead End Bowl. That might merit notice.

Otherwise, RR's not a blip on anyone's radar, sorry to say for him.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

This whole thing has saved RRs job. Since the entire basketball program is a question mark we don't have the leeway financially to go looking for a new football coach and to pay buyouts. RR is here for a while now.

scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Oh yea. Amazing how 2 days have made me completely forget we play football.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

North Korea will nuke and RR will somehow survive and continue on.
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

ASUHATER! wrote:This whole thing has saved RRs job. Since the entire basketball program is a question mark we don't have the leeway financially to go looking for a new football coach and to pay buyouts. RR is here for a while now.
That's what I was thinking. Too much uncertainty to shit can him.

RR is the last thing on Heeke's mind now.
Sid

Post by Sid »

Thinking Rich has received a few calls/texts the last 48 hrs from his circle of coaching friends. Also thinking what was communicated was something like "man you got a job" Scarface scene after Frank gets iced.

The irony.....
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

ASUHATER! wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:
I'm sorry you don't understand college sports in 2017. It's reality. Gotta take off your cardinal and navy glasses at some point and realize that's how shit works. Name 1 legit reason (no not ones that I'd laugh you out of the room for, legit ones) why a coach would rather coach at Arizona than in the sec. I'll be waiting for years for a real answer for this one.
Easier to win in the PAC12 south than SEC West especially but also SEC East

Closer to home

Weather

Less pressure

Family

Culture

Quality of life

I just gave you seven tough guy.
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Even though the PAC splits BB tourney and CFB bowl money (after expenses), it's going to hurt the AD to lose Arizona's share of tourney money. Bowl money is no big deal, as UA generally only goes to money losing bowls.

So I would think just the opposite, that Heeke is looking at revitalizing the football program to bring people back into the stands, and that can only be done with RichRod gone.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

I think a mid season firing is less likely but this has 0 impact on the likelihood of a change for the 2018 season
prh

Post by prh »

If anything, Heeke could fire RR today and hardly anyone would notice
MrMeow

Post by MrMeow »

Merkin wrote:Even though the PAC splits BB tourney and CFB bowl money (after expenses), it's going to hurt the AD to lose Arizona's share of tourney money. Bowl money is no big deal, as UA generally only goes to money losing bowls.

So I would think just the opposite, that Heeke is looking at revitalizing the football program to bring people back into the stands, and that can only be done with RichRod gone.
This is good thinking. Let's hope Heeke is a good thinker.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

I don't think that this Miller fiasco has any bearing on Heeke's decision on RR. If anything, it might exacerbate it.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Heard a freshman got arrested. Just add this to the list
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

chiefzona wrote:Heard a freshman got arrested. Just add this to the list
Who?
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

PHXCATS wrote:
Who?

Big name. Starter.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

chiefzona wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:
Who?

Big name. Starter.
So give up the name or shut up
prh

Post by prh »

PHXCATS wrote:
chiefzona wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:
Who?

Big name. Starter.
So give up the name or shut up
If the name isn't publicly released, I wouldn't expect Chief to be the first to say it. Just let it play out