2016 Recruit/Commitment Thread

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

RazorsEdgeAZ

Re: 2016 Recruit/Commitment Thread

Post by RazorsEdgeAZ »

azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Think he is choosing AZ as will the LB Colacion. Both have BSU as a top choice as well as AZ
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

ANGCatFan

Post by ANGCatFan »

Khalil Tate highlights

catinfl

Post by catinfl »

Doubt Watson goes to SDSU. I can see him landing at Boise
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

catinfl wrote:Doubt Watson goes to SDSU. I can see him landing at Boise
Can you see him landing at Arizona?
catinfl

Post by catinfl »

ChooChooCat wrote:
catinfl wrote:Doubt Watson goes to SDSU. I can see him landing at Boise
Can you see him landing at Arizona?
I think it's either Arizona or Boise. Don't feel confident but that's just because there's not a lot of info on this kid in general.
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

ANGCatFan

Post by ANGCatFan »

TuiTouchdown

Post by TuiTouchdown »

Awesome. #OnToTheNextOne
Sage&Silver

Post by Sage&Silver »

One thing about having most the class locked up by September was it kept the summer interesting. June took forever this year!
CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

Awesome! Keep stockpiling the DL. Welcome Watson!
“The force behind the movement of time is a mourning that will not be comforted.” author Marilynne Robinson
ANGCatFan

Post by ANGCatFan »

catinfl

Post by catinfl »

Versatile kid from a not so big league in Cali. Matty D tweeted he killed it at one of their camps. Holt and Watson are great pickups for the line.
Fendicent4ever

Post by Fendicent4ever »

Sorry if I'm late to the party on this one, but are we in it for the Holmes kid?
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Fendicent4ever wrote:Sorry if I'm late to the party on this one, but are we in it for the Holmes kid?
Yes. He has said having his brother at AZ is an advantage for the cats
catinfl

Post by catinfl »

Fendicent4ever wrote:Sorry if I'm late to the party on this one, but are we in it for the Holmes kid?
2017 but yes at this point we're in it but signing day is two years away for him so I wouldn't get your hopes up
ANGCatFan

Post by ANGCatFan »

Nice Encinas article at SB Nation on how the coaching staff is standing out to recruits.
Now, it might be the top of the line facilities, the weather, campus, or the talk of the rising program, but the coaching staff is what all the recruits are talking about. Here are just a few quotes from guys I've talked to over the past few months.

"Coach Ragle is the most encouraging coach I have ever met, and Coach Dudek is my guy. Dudek is so funny and really goes out of his way to make me feel welcomed and wanted." - Michael Eletise, offensive guard, 2016

"They're a great program with a great staff, and after meeting the entire staff a main thing that stuck out to me is how close they are. They aren't a coaching staff, they called themselves a family and the comfortability I felt when I was around them was great." - London Iakopo, safety, 2016

"I picked Arizona because the coaches really show love there." - Orlando Bradford, running back commit, 2015

"It's the best. I felt at home when I stepped on the field and I love Coach Casteel." - Calvin Tubbs, linebacker, 2016

"The way the coaching staff stayed on me, talking to me. I just had a great connection with them. I hit it off with them from the get-go."- Jabari Watson, defensive tackle commit, 2016
GoCats13

Post by GoCats13 »

Khalil Tate tweeted a picture of a Texas A&M banner with him on it along wit #gigem. It has since been taken down...
catinfl

Post by catinfl »

GoCats13 wrote:Khalil Tate tweeted a picture of a Texas A&M banner with him on it along wit #gigem. It has since been taken down...
The dude is sixteen.. He's gonna keep getting attention and the coaches are gonna keep trying to confuse him. It's hard when the USC and Texas a&m's of the world are knocking on the door.
CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

Was going to say Cal is piecing together a solid class, adding lots of depth across the roster.
“The force behind the movement of time is a mourning that will not be comforted.” author Marilynne Robinson
RazorsEdgeAZ

Post by RazorsEdgeAZ »

GoCats13 wrote:Khalil Tate tweeted a picture of a Texas A&M banner with him on it along wit #gigem. It has since been taken down...
Not sure, but I thought Tate at some point changed his Twitter profile page. Thought it used to say AZ commit (not 100% on this). Now it doesn't.

Tate has always said he was going to take his official visits. I assume he is still shopping for best QB situation he can get at top school. Long way from now until signing day.
Coop Cat

Post by Coop Cat »

Article on Khalil Tate:
College football recruiting services apply the “athlete” label to high school players who could potentially play multiple positions at the next level. For prospects who project as wide receivers or running backs, the tag is representative of their versatility. For others, the term athlete is considered pejorative. Perhaps a player hasn’t demonstrated the capability to play one position in particular, even if he is highly regarded for his impressive physical tools.

To Khalil Tate’s chagrin, he is classified as an athlete by two of the four major recruiting services, including Rivals.com, which ranks him 23rd at the position in the class of 2016. The 5’11”, 208-pound Tate has long tried to show talent evaluators that he is, in fact, not an athlete, and that he possesses the necessary skills and temperament to play quarterback at a Power Five conference school. Though he has succeeded to some degree, Tate is still fighting an uphill battle.
One program that believes in Tate’s ability to play quarterback is Arizona. Tate issued a verbal commitment to the Wildcats in March after receiving an offer the previous month. His decision made sense given Arizona coach Rich Rodriguez’s up-tempo offense and history of deploying dual-threat signal-callers—from Pat White at West Virginia to Denard Robinson at Michigan to, most recently, Anu Solomon at Arizona—to great effect.

Tate also picked Arizona because of the campus culture. “I knew I wanted to pick my college based on how I would feel if I didn’t play football,” he says. “So how I would feel if I was just a regular student or if I got hurt
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

RazorsEdgeAZ wrote:
Not sure, but I thought Tate at some point changed his Twitter profile page. Thought it used to say AZ commit (not 100% on this). Now it doesn't.

Tate has always said he was going to take his official visits. I assume he is still shopping for best QB situation he can get at top school. Long way from now until signing day.
He seemed pretty psyched up about the Jabari Watson commitment and that was just 5 days ago.
UALoco

Post by UALoco »

ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

In love the okg guys but it seems like every commit we get we're just beating out Boise, Nevada, unlv, fresno, San Diego state, Utah state, Utah and Colorado for. Hardly ever any power 5 schools that go bowling regularly.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Sage&Silver

Post by Sage&Silver »

ASUHATER! wrote:In love the okg guys but it seems like every commit we get we're just beating out Boise, Nevada, unlv, fresno, San Diego state, Utah state, Utah and Colorado for. Hardly ever any power 5 schools that go bowling regularly.
For what it's worth:
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

I really like this kid. He has a great motor and can really run. Right now out of our 8 commits, 5 are ranked from there position, so this class is pretty strong so far
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Coop Cat wrote:To Khalil Tate’s chagrin, he is classified as an athlete by two of the four major recruiting services, including Rivals.com, which ranks him 23rd at the position in the class of 2016.
Is it me, or does Tate have some funky footwork on his throws? He seems to do this scissor kick thing when he's moving around instead of planting. Even when he's not under pressure.

Also, he looks bigger than 5'11".
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

UALoco wrote:
With Hayes, Watson and now Colacion on board the defensive recruiting is right on track.

Welcome Jacob!
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

On to the next one! Who will be the next one?
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Big day on the 18th when a bunch of guys visit. I think we will get multiple commits that weekend
CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

3goggles wrote:On to the next one! Who will be the next one?

Hopefully an OL.
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

CatsbyAZ wrote:
3goggles wrote:On to the next one! Who will be the next one?

Hopefully an OL.
Do we have a legit shot at the 4* Hawaiian kid
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Eletise will probably come down to us and UCLA. He cuts his list down to 5 this week. He is our #1 line target and he knows it

We have 2 big line guys coming in on the 18th from Arkansas and they both have offers from the hogs. I think one guy in a defensive tackle and the other a OLine guard
Folesfor10K

Post by Folesfor10K »

azcat49 wrote:Eletise will probably come down to us and UCLA. He cuts his list down to 5 this week. He is our #1 line target and he knows it
he's got family in Arizona and i think that's helping us but I swear if he ends up at assholeU I'm gonna lose it. :x
Why is fast food healthy? Why do skinny people have SLOW metabolisms? Check out my nutrition blog for a fresh, new perspective on nutrition.

My two favorite teams:
1. U of A
2. Whoever plays ASU this week
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

Folesfor10K wrote:
azcat49 wrote:Eletise will probably come down to us and UCLA. He cuts his list down to 5 this week. He is our #1 line target and he knows it
he's got family in Arizona and i think that's helping us but I swear if he ends up at assholeU I'm gonna lose it. :x
I dont think ASSU made his last cut. That would be a HUGE get. So we have 3 or 4 Fringe 4* star guys already. I am liking this class so far. Hopefuly we land some of the bigger fish during the season.

Question...................

Where do you think that we would be recruiting wise if McKenzie and Tabor would've ended up here?
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

Tyliek Raynor
3* RB
Visiting July 17th
Has offers from Miami, Iowa, Rutgers, Illinos, BC, WV, Purdue, Maryland
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

We have 2 big line guys coming in on the 18th from Arkansas and they both have offers from the hogs. I think one guy in a defensive tackle and the other a OLine guard
Im not sure we are going to make his cut of 5. Before Klemm went on his suspension, we were probably the leader
CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

3goggles wrote:Tyliek Raynor
3* RB
Visiting July 17th
Since RichRod & Staff lightly recruit Florida (seems like one or two Florida signees per class) we'd do well to stay on Miami's recruits/commits. Al Folden will be shown the doors by November and why not hang in the back ground for the pickings.
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

CatsbyAZ wrote:
3goggles wrote:Tyliek Raynor
3* RB
Visiting July 17th
Since RichRod & Staff lightly recruit Florida (seems like one or two Florida signees per class) we'd do well to stay on Miami's recruits/commits. Al Folden will be shown the doors by November and why not hang in the back ground for the pickings.
Isnt Raynor from Pennsylvania
Folesfor10K

Post by Folesfor10K »

Question...................

Where do you think that we would be recruiting wise if McKenzie and Tabor would've ended up here?
I think it would have helped a ton. Momentum and reputation seem to be so very important in the recruiting game. Those two would have helped recruit other high profile guys and just the fact that they chose us would have opened some doors that were never opened for us.

If McKenzie and Tabor had chosen us and we had at least kept it close in the CCG against oregon and beat boise st in the Fiesta bowl I think we would have had two top 15 recruiting classes this year and last. I know that's a lot of ifs but in reality those four things were all so close we could taste them.
Why is fast food healthy? Why do skinny people have SLOW metabolisms? Check out my nutrition blog for a fresh, new perspective on nutrition.

My two favorite teams:
1. U of A
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

RazorsEdgeAZ wrote:

Jason Scheer retweeted

Khalil Tate ‏@KhalilDTN · 11h11 hours ago
Arizona will be stacked with So Cal talent, you know what they say about So Cal talent :D #BearDown
catinfl

Post by catinfl »

Eliste (sp?) released a top 5 of UA, ASU, UDUB, OLE MISS, and One more I can't think of. Big news that UCLA isn't on there.
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

catinfl wrote:Eliste (sp?) released a top 5 of UA, ASU, UDUB, OLE MISS, and One more I can't think of. Big news that UCLA isn't on there.
Crap ASSHATS are still in it!!!
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

Wonder if Klemm can warm his way back in. I think UW might be tough here
Folesfor10K

Post by Folesfor10K »

3goggles wrote:
catinfl wrote:Eliste (sp?) released a top 5 of UA, ASU, UDUB, OLE MISS, and One more I can't think of. Big news that UCLA isn't on there.
Crap ASSHATS are still in it!!!
yup and him having family in phoenix worries me. I will be inconsolable should he commit to the dark side.

My two favorite teams:
1. U of A
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Nebraska closed out his top 5. I still think the Cats lead with UDub #2. Our advantage is that we have told him he is our #1 guy and that has to mean something I would think
catinfl

Post by catinfl »

Matty D constantly is sending #aloha Instagram's and tweets. Don't think he'd be doing that so often if we don't have a real shot here
catinfl

Post by catinfl »

Udub is a lot scarier than asu in this recruitment