33 Scooby Wright III

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

ChooChooCat

Re: 33 Scooby Wright III

Post by ChooChooCat »

Gilbertcat wrote:Stoops says Arizona QB Foles' injury not season-ending
TUCSON (AP) — Arizona coach Mike Stoops said the knee injury to Nick Foles (FSY) is not season-ending and the star quarterback's status will be evaluated on a week-to-week basis.
http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/c ... ason_N.htm
Foles suffered a knee sprain and missed two games.
http://sportsinjurypredictor.com/injury ... ayer/25798

Lets hope its the same for Scoob
D'oh! My bad. Didn't Foles have some sort of calf injury that he flew to Austin for treatment or was that his knee?
Gilbertcat

Post by Gilbertcat »

All knee. He did break his hand that year also. I only bring it up because I had the same feeling that year. But his reaction last night makes me feel like it's short term. But we wait until the MRI is leaked...
cpt

Post by cpt »

Any word yet?
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

cpt wrote:Any word yet?
How about now?

;)
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
qwertyus

Post by qwertyus »

Chicat wrote:
cpt wrote:Any word yet?
How about now?

;)
Now?
gumby

Post by gumby »

Right where I want to be.
Gilbertcat

Post by Gilbertcat »

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

Great news indeed. Hope its' reliable.

Get well Scooby we love ya bro.
2020 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2018 BEARDOWN WILDCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
2017 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2013 GOAZCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
cat77

Post by cat77 »

I will not breath easy until we hear something from Rich Rod or a official release from the university. No way I'm getting my hopes up to have them all come dashing down.

Also if he returned I hope its not s type of injury that hobbles him all year and keeps him from playing his game.
RazorsEdgeAZ

Post by RazorsEdgeAZ »

Maybe Dodd knows more than what he is letting us see.

Just being cautious. In Dodd's post, he seems to be using what Scooby's dad said last night "not major" and Rich Rod's presser last night as input. All before the MRI was done or performed.

Dodd tweeted "not expected" news as the MRI was about to take place (per Dodd - 10am local).

Assume he knows more?
Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

Shit, Dodd released this before the MRI? What the hell?
2020 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2018 BEARDOWN WILDCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
2017 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2013 GOAZCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Dodd is basing that solely on what RichRod said last night and what Scooby's dad said.

He is reporting nothing new as he knows nothing new.
Gilbertcat

Post by Gilbertcat »

I thought the MRI was last night
Rodriguez also said he didn’t think Wright had injured his ACL or MCL and that he would undergo an MRI Thursday night.
http://www.si.com/college-football/2015 ... njury-utsa
EOCT

Post by EOCT »

Alieberman wrote:Dodd is basing that solely on what RichRod said last night and what Scooby's dad said.

He is reporting nothing new as he knows nothing new.
Precisely, Lieb. RR announced there would be an MRI last night. I bet they snapped a quick scan last night and someone issued a preliminary viewpoint, but this morning they'll get all the views and diagnoses by the Radiologists and Orthopods.
Last edited by EOCT on Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
RazorsEdgeAZ

Post by RazorsEdgeAZ »

Gilbertcat wrote:I thought the MRI was last night
Rich Rod said last night in his post game presser. Only thing I read as "new" in Dodd's post was MRI today at 10am local.
The Butcher

Post by The Butcher »

F'ing Dodd. He should be blasted for getting people's hopes up when he knows nothing new.
cat77

Post by cat77 »

The think in his report that stuck out to was was he said "may be able to return this sesnson"
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

If he's out for more than six or seven weeks then he should just shut it down for the season because what will be the point of having him come back for just the bowl game and maybe two other games?
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
dc4azcats

Post by dc4azcats »

Trainers know almost right away if it's an ACL tear or not as was mentioned on the Scout premium site because they have a protocol they go through and as was mentioned - it's something the UA trainers have probably done more than a thousand times. My only add on to that is I know Jacob Arzouman (former UA OL who retired before last season?) was told right away by UA trainers that he had torn his ACL. Point being is that if the trainers let Scooby back in it's because their initial assessment was that it wasn't an ACL tear. I know he came back out right away but that's because he knew it wasn't right which is why all the speculation that it's just a strain and not a tear. We will see.
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

dc4azcats wrote: I know he came back out right away but that's because he knew it wasn't right which is why all the speculation that it's just a strain and not a tear. We will see.
Let's assume for a moment that it's a "mild strain." What would be the general expectation of what we would be looking at for a recovery time?
whatisee

Post by whatisee »

SCCats wrote:
dc4azcats wrote: I know he came back out right away but that's because he knew it wasn't right which is why all the speculation that it's just a strain and not a tear. We will see.
Let's assume for a moment that it's a "mild strain." What would be the general expectation of what we would be looking at for a recovery time?
I would sit him until UCLA if it's just a strain
dc4azcats

Post by dc4azcats »

SCCats wrote:
The "experts" on the other site said it could be a couple weeks of rest and he wears a brace.
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

whatisee wrote:
SCCats wrote:
I would sit him until UCLA if it's just a strain
That's basically exactly my interest: can he be at about 100% against UCLA? So if it's just a "mild strain", the guess generally would be yes?

At least I hope it's a yes!
Bruins01

Post by Bruins01 »

dc4azcats wrote:Trainers know almost right away if it's an ACL tear or not as was mentioned on the Scout premium site because they have a protocol they go through and as was mentioned - it's something the UA trainers have probably done more than a thousand times. My only add on to that is I know Jacob Arzouman (former UA OL who retired before last season?) was told right away by UA trainers that he had torn his ACL. Point being is that if the trainers let Scooby back in it's because their initial assessment was that it wasn't an ACL tear. I know he came back out right away but that's because he knew it wasn't right which is why all the speculation that it's just a strain and not a tear. We will see.
An ACL tear can look like very much like a mild sprain during mechanical testing of the knee. Some are misdiagnosed and players even re-enter the game. Baron Davis went into the locker room in an NCAA Tournament game against Michigan as a freshman and then came back for a bit. Jordy Nelson didn't realize he was badly injured and said he wouldn't even have sought treatment from the trainer if he had torn his ACL in a real game rather than in the preseason.
History says, Don't hope
On this side of the grave,
But then, once in a lifetime
The longed-for tidal wave
Of justice can rise up
And hope and history rhyme.

Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

Oh.

Crap.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Always good to get a second opinion if a doc tells you you're going to be ok shortly.
Machina

Post by Machina »

Scheer saying initially it does not appear season ending
Gilbertcat

Post by Gilbertcat »

UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

Dodd's CBS Sports headline re: Scooby is still there but the article itself has now been removed... Hmm.
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

SCCats wrote:
2-3 weeks if mild, bring him back for ucla.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Is he going to Gordon's doctor in SoCal?
Gilbertcat

Post by Gilbertcat »

UAdevil wrote:Dodd's CBS Sports headline re: Scooby is still there but the article itself has now been removed... Hmm.
Hmm when I click on the link in the thread it still goes to the same article
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

Gilbertcat wrote:
UAdevil wrote:Dodd's CBS Sports headline re: Scooby is still there but the article itself has now been removed... Hmm.
Hmm when I click on the link in the thread it still goes to the same article
I get a 'page not found' error on my work pc, mobile, and now I just checked again on my home pc. :?
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

If we hear that he is out for 4 weeks... is that in human weeks or Scooby weeks?
splitsecond

Post by splitsecond »

CalStateTempe wrote:Is he going to Gordon's doctor in SoCal?
I am glad I am nowhere near the only one who thought that.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

That makes three of us. Another poster brought it up last night.
Gladiator Cat

Post by Gladiator Cat »

Knowing what most of us believe to be true, and which certainly includes what Rich Rod and Scooby's dad believe to be true is that Scooby has a very high percentage opportunity to be drafted and play in the NFL at-least a few years unless something totally unforeseen happens.

I would be absolutely flabbergasted if Mr. Wright Sr. and RR took any chances with Scooby's knee on any level.

Gazing through my magic crystal ball that most of us think we have, I would expect Scoob to be out for a lengthy period of time. That's the mindset I'm taking and wildcat fans should be entertaining this as well.

But who knows, I could be completely off base on the time-line.

His dad, RR and the staff and even Scooby himself would be fools to even think about rushing back onto the field just because he wants to be on the field. We all know he loves football, but they may have to hold him back.

Please don't read into to this as me implying anything like rushing him back was going to take place by anyone associated with the football program. I'm not saying that.

I'm just floating my perspective out there and I think if the kid even has the slightest chance of aggravating the injury due to an early return, then he just needs to sit. I hopr the staff prepares him for this possibility.

If it means sitting all year to get completely healthy.........then so be it.

Some folks seem to have a problem with what Gronks dad did in holding him back. In truth, Gordon did exactly what a father should do............he helped his son make a logical decision about his future at a difficult time under stress and helped protect his sons future earnings in his profession of choice if that is what needed to be done.

I would expect nothing less from Mr. Wright and RR as well. I know they will make the right choice.

Long story short, the D is going to have to step-up and play lights out from here on out, because our AA LB is going to be watching and not playing football for a while.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Scooby bleeds red and blue, whatever he does is fine by me.

The perception with Gronk is he choose Arizona because he could sucker stoops into getting his bro on the team at the same time. Sure Gronk reps Arizona in the pros and that is good, I guess, but the perception, for me, is that he was a mercenary recruit. He came to Arizona, not primarily because of the team or staff, but because they'd let 2 Gronks on the team at the same time.

With Scooby, even if he sits, you can tell its heart breaking for him. With Gronk, it was more like, whatever peace Arizona, off to the pro's without a second thought.

not quite apples to apples, when some of us make allusions to Gronk's dad.
splitsecond

Post by splitsecond »

I guess for me when I talk about it is partially because I know this D can be really good with Scooby THIS YEAR, but mostly about being able to see a once in a lifetime person and player demolish the competition. It is a gift to watch guys like Scooby play when you love the sport and know how hard a guy worked to become the talk of well, everyone. The big difference between Scooby and Gronk is we know without a shadow of a doubt that Scooby came to Arizona to prove to everyone including himself that he could play. It was t about a payday or an audition for the NFL, because he he already knew he could get there and wanted to show everyone they were wrong about him. You never know how a player will translate to the NFL, and while I pretty much expect Scooby to go to the NFL and do the same damn thing he is doing here, the kid deserves to enjoy what he has accomplished now, and you know more than anything that's what he wants to do.
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

CalStateTempe wrote:Scooby bleeds red and blue, whatever he does is fine by me.

The perception with Gronk is he choose Arizona because he could sucker stoops into getting his bro on the team at the same time. Sure Gronk reps Arizona in the pros and that is good, I guess, but the perception, for me, is that he was a mercenary recruit. He came to Arizona, not primarily because of the team or staff, but because they'd let 2 Gronks on the team at the same time.

With Scooby, even if he sits, you can tell its heart breaking for him. With Gronk, it was more like, whatever peace Arizona, off to the pro's without a second thought.

not quite apples to apples, when some of us make allusions to Gronk's dad.
Wasn't the case. His dad had a professional and friendly relationship with a former player who was as relentless in his hype of Arizona as he was as a player, Gronk had some stuff blow up at his high school that made him seem like the bad guy in an overblown situation, and it all made sense. Yes, his bro came and walked on...any school in the US that wanted Rob could have done that. But there was no package deal requirement and, coincidentally, Chris came from a different sport and then became a real contributer here. Rob was going to play 3, and that was well known, but then he hurt his back prior to season 3. The Gronks all loved meeting up out here...Dan, Gordie Jr, Rob, and Chris hung out with local teammates from both UA and Maryland in Tucson in the off season.

The story seems to be a self loathing connect the dot story....we could never straight up get him, Donnie couldn't have just convinced a kid with an open mind to come dominate in Tucson....had to be nefarious. No...kid loved it here, Chris came out and did too, both contributed, we got on with winning, and Rob was destroying opponents. Then he hurt himself lifting and tried his best to get back, but it couldn't be reasonably done...
Main Event

Post by Main Event »

gumby

Post by gumby »

Wright, a preseason All-America for the Wildcats, suffered an unspecified knee injury in the first half of a season-opening win over Texas-San Antonio on Thursday. Previous reports indicated that the issue didn't threaten Wright's 2015 season, but doctors were even more upbeat about the prognosis after performing the procedure, the source said.

"It was better than everyone thought," the source said.
Right where I want to be.
Gilbertcat

Post by Gilbertcat »

Man above boys
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Is this about the first time something like this has worked out for us as a fanbase?
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

Here is the recovery time for Scooby to expect.
http://www.howardluksmd.com/meniscal-te ... y-surgery/

In general, young, healthy active people with no evidence of osteoarthritis will experience a more rapid recovery. Typically measured in days or a few weeks. Most people are off crutches in a day, and stop taking pain medicine within a day or two. In contrast, if you are a older, heavier and have arthritis as well as a meniscus tear, then you may take longer to recover — and may not experience a “full” recovery. This group can take weeks to months to improve.
2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

Great news!
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

The ESPN ticker said Scooby will be out a month.
2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Can he come back mentally? I l know he has the hard edge but if he was going league you have to wonder how this might affect him
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion