2017 Arizona Wildcats Football Team.

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

chiefzona

Re: 2017 Arizona Wildcats Football Team.

Post by chiefzona »

Gladiator Cat wrote:AngCatfan, you seriously don't understand why my rant was here. Why are you giving these freaks a pass and I'm toast.

What I said needed to be said even though it wasn't related to football. But of course the new Orwellian world of SJW snowflakes and mindlessness must be tolerated at all costs. Delete away again.

Now there is no illusion any longer.

Ang spared you and toasted me instead. HAHAHA!!!! :lol: :D
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

ANGCatFan wrote:Let's keep the train on the football track. I have know idea why GC's rant is in this thread and Chief is just being Chief talking about Chief. He can't help it. When Chief is mentioned Chief has to talk about Chief that is just what Chief does. Ignore him or ban him are the only options. Let's keep it on Wildcat football and I am excited to see what this year's team is going to look like and who is going to Beardown and play like Wildcats!

10 Freakin' Days!

I say ban me for just posting, Ang. It would be awesome. Make it happen.
ANGCatFan

Post by ANGCatFan »

GC,I understand your complaint, I just don't know why it is here! Criticize, berate, castigate, humiliate, and repudiate the people you disagree with on the lower boards. Let them have it, but take it when they give it back 'cause you are outnumbered on this board. Just talk football up here.

In 10 days I will be drinking beer on the mall, ogling college girls and women my age trying to dress like college girls, and heading to the stadium to watch the Arizona Wildcats kick off another football season! Don't try and distract me with personal squabbles, politics or, (God forbid) Chief!

My eyes are on the prize!
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Ang....just remember...we are trying to keep this board presentable and clean for a merger, buyer, or possible advertising. At least that's what I was told. :roll:
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

Gladiator Cat wrote:What an abject disgusting feeling of surreal emptiness it is to come to this site and have to read the most vile and disgusting, slanderous, filthy, unfair and totally untrue fabrications from the deranged, snowflake left progressive Marxists of our day as it relates to our nations President. Utterly shameful.

If this is the kind of repulsive shit that the University of Arizona is pumping out as students and Alumni or is teaching as a viable thought process, I can assure you, my children will never set foot on this campus nor will my depreciating dollars ever fund this mindless shit as an avenue of higher learning.

Its long past time to shut this sick, mindless, infectious SJW BS consuming our nation down once and for all.
Take it to the Politics, Religion and Beer. There's a Trump thread. You can say all you want there.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

GC is always welcome to defend his points in the PRB forum, not here. Curious what "totally untrue fabrications" he is referring to though.
RazorsEdgeAZ

Post by RazorsEdgeAZ »

Pete Thamel posted his list of top rising coaches outside the Power 5 who could be filling Power 5 jobs after this season. Interesting list of 15 coaches. Of course at the top was Chip Kelly possibly returning to college ball. He listed Bryan Harsin maybe at ASU. For UA?
6. Ken Niumatalolo, Navy – He’s a paragon of consistency going 77-42 over 10 seasons, emerging as a confidant of Patriots coach Bill Belichick. Niumatalolo’s profile will rise with the announcement of the Showtime documentary series that will follow Navy for the season. The option-based offensive style hurts his candidacy at the top-echelon jobs, but could be ideal at a place like Arizona. After Cal showed significant interest last year, Niumatalolo’s time is coming.
Little sting with the "hurts his candidacy at the top-echelon jobs, but could be ideal at a place like Arizona" line.

https://www.yahoo.com/amphtml/sports/co ... 01516.html
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Mentioned it before several times, but with this team, no passers, 2 great running QBs, and 3 really good RBs, you think the triple option would be perfect.

Going to go see Cal Poly play this weekend who also runs the triple option, although they are playing Colgate so not a good test. But CP did give ASU a good run with it, but just ran out of gas.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

ANGCatFan wrote:Let's keep the train on the football track. I have know idea why GC's rant is in this thread and Chief is just being Chief talking about Chief. He can't help it. When Chief is mentioned Chief has to talk about Chief that is just what Chief does. Ignore him or ban him are the only options. Let's keep it on Wildcat football and I am excited to see what this year's team is going to look like and who is going to Beardown and play like Wildcats!

10 Freakin' Days!

LOL on the chief rebuttle. It/he reminds me of Dr Evil at the counciling session where he starts by saying the facts of his life are not important and then gives his full, pathetic life story. I thought he was Uncle Rico but now I might think of him as Dr Evil
Last edited by azcat49 on Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Merkin wrote:Mentioned it before several times, but with this team, no passers, 2 great running QBs, and 3 really good RBs, you think the triple option would be perfect.

Going to go see Cal Poly play this weekend who also runs the triple option, although they are playing Colgate so not a good test. But CP did give ASU a good run with it, but just ran out of gas.

He runs that because of the size difference. He runs it out of self-preservation and because of recruiting restraints. If he ever came to Arizona, which I would highly doubt, he would probably change his offensive approach.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

chiefzona wrote:
Merkin wrote:Mentioned it before several times, but with this team, no passers, 2 great running QBs, and 3 really good RBs, you think the triple option would be perfect.

He runs that because of the size difference. He runs it out of self-preservation and because of recruiting restraints. If he ever came to Arizona, which I would highly doubt, he would probably change his offensive approach.
Probably so, but Georgia Tech runs it rather well. With such a poor defense at Arizona, this year it would be good. When defensive recruiting comes along, then the offensive playbook can too.

https://www.seccountry.com/tennessee/te ... ple-option" target="_blank

“What people tend to forget, these hurry-up, speed-it-up offenses that are trying to run 100 plays, their defenses also have to play 100, so we try to minimize the possessions in a game,” Johnson said. “There’s no question it shortens the game and maximizes the possessions, because if you make a mistake or two, it’s hard to come back.”
BearDown89

Post by BearDown89 »

Had to google "SJW."
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Merkin wrote:
chiefzona wrote:

Probably so, but Georgia Tech runs it rather well. With such a poor defense at Arizona, this year it would be good. When defensive recruiting comes along, then the offensive playbook can too.

https://www.seccountry.com/tennessee/te ... ple-option" target="_blank

“What people tend to forget, these hurry-up, speed-it-up offenses that are trying to run 100 plays, their defenses also have to play 100, so we try to minimize the possessions in a game,” Johnson said. “There’s no question it shortens the game and maximizes the possessions, because if you make a mistake or two, it’s hard to come back.”
Give me a Pro-style offense with a 4-3 or 3-4 base defense and I'm happy.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

chiefzona wrote: Give me a Pro-style offense with a 4-3 or 3-4 base defense and I'm happy.
I think we all would, very fan friendly.

That's why Livengood brought in Mackovic, wanted a fan friendly offense after fans tired of the extremely conservative Dick Tomey pooch kick/QB draw offense.
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

I always liked the "shotgun, hand it to the guy standing next to the QB play."
Sid

Post by Sid »

ANGCatFan wrote:GC,I understand your complaint, I just don't know why it is here! Criticize, berate, castigate, humiliate, and repudiate the people you disagree with on the lower boards. Let them have it, but take it when they give it back 'cause you are outnumbered on this board. Just talk football up here.

In 10 days I will be drinking beer on the mall, ogling college girls and women my age trying to dress like college girls, and heading to the stadium to watch the Arizona Wildcats kick off another football season! Don't try and distract me with personal squabbles, politics or, (God forbid) Chief!

My eyes are on the prize!
I think GC would've thoroughly enjoyed my deleted post. Although, not as articulated as what GC tossed up, very similar in nature. Good shit!
Ang, you keep this board alive and I love what you do....thank you very much! I know where to go to get into a school yard brawl as noted by you Ang. I went over to the dark side last night trying to recruit posters back to this board as were a mere 10 days away from go time. Plenty of football knowledge on that board and I would love to see them contributing here. Again, thanks Ang for keeping this board alive.

10 days away from the start of shock and awe, JJ mother fucking Taylor!

:D
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Are Chris Bonney and Goose talking football on any boards? Really solid football posters, made the original Goazcats into a basketball and football forum, when Ben Hansen was only interested in basketball.

They held up the "Fourth Reich" (really their name for a bit) on the lower boards with other conservative posters.
ramcat

Post by ramcat »

ramcat

Post by ramcat »

A bit more on Brightwell. Sounds like a Player!!

http://tucson.com/sports/arizonawildcat ... &id=201408" target="_blank
ANGCatFan

Post by ANGCatFan »

Lev, Star, with notes on Beanie Bowl.
Other veterans who did not participate included tight end Jamie Nunley, safety Isaiah Hayes, tackle Bryson Cain and defensive end Jalen Cochran.
Gerhard de Beer and Christian Boettcher opened at right tackle and left guard, a sign that they’re ahead in two of Arizona’s more closely contested position battles. De Beer’s chief competitor, Cody Creason, spent some time at left tackle with Cain not playing.
Senior receiver Cam Denson dressed but played sparingly.
Kicking competitors Josh Pollack and Lucas Havrisik both made their lone field-goal attempts.
Dane Cruikshank, who has moved from cornerback to safety, penetrated the backfield on consecutive plays in the second quarter.
Freshman cornerback Tony Wallace had an interception on a deep ball thrown by Lane down the left sideline, intended for Drew Dixon.
Tackle Thiyo Lukusa, who recently transferred from Michigan State, did not dress. He stood on the scout-team sideline in a T-shirt, shorts and flip-flops.
ramcat

Post by ramcat »

azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Well I am all for the cats proving most of us wrong. I still see 6-6 as the best we can do but maybe we get some surprises this year.
SirClinks

Post by SirClinks »

My optimism is slowly growing for this team because hey what else do I have? Two weeks ago I was mired in pessimism.
ANGCatFan

Post by ANGCatFan »

New media guide is out and the online format sucks. I want to be able to look at the entire guide at once not section by section. Also, no depth chart in the current media guide.
RazorsEdgeAZ

Post by RazorsEdgeAZ »

ANGCatFan wrote:New media guide is out and the online format sucks. I want to be able to look at the entire guide at once not section by section. Also, no depth chart in the current media guide.
You still can. There's a link for full PDF version at top of the section links
ANGCatFan

Post by ANGCatFan »

I'm getting angry for game day. Don't try to calm me down with reason and usable links!
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

#shocker. I can only see maybe Alsadek or if DFF went out early which I doubt as pro prospects currently
ramcat

Post by ramcat »

Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

Three mostly inexperienced seniors and four freshman starting on this defense. We're in deep shit this year.
2020 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2018 BEARDOWN WILDCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
2017 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2013 GOAZCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
BearDown89

Post by BearDown89 »

carcassdragger wrote:Three mostly inexperienced seniors and four freshman starting on this defense. We're in deep shit this year.
A veritable who's who of who?
ANGCatFan

Post by ANGCatFan »

tgrumpy2

Post by tgrumpy2 »

carcassdragger wrote:Three mostly inexperienced seniors and four freshman starting on this defense. We're in deep shit this year.

Okay Chicken Little. So do you mean deeper shit than last year? LOL At least give it a couple of weeks and see for crying out loud.
ramcat

Post by ramcat »

I know it's a bit selfish but am not digging the dynamic that will be in play for game against Houston.
Horrible storm and devastation occurring with Harvey and now AZ will be the opener for Houston, and playing against a tough team, and likely the state of Texas and a lot of the country.
Will be a challenge for staff and players, to keep focus against back drop of many pulling for Houston, who wouldn't be otherwise.
HaCats

Post by HaCats »

I was kind of thinking the opposite. They don't have a Week 1 matchup to work out the kinks, they are surely heavily distracted from football right now.......and I would have to think football-wise, this favors Arizona. But as you prefaced, I'm not concerned with how it impacts our game as that situation is a million times bigger than football.
Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

tgrumpy2 wrote:

Okay Chicken Little. So do you mean deeper shit than last year? LOL At least give it a couple of weeks and see for crying out loud.
Uhh yes, deeper shit than last year. At this time last year our defense was more experienced than this. Injuries eventually made it worse.

Our offense should be quite good though.
2020 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2018 BEARDOWN WILDCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
2017 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2013 GOAZCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Who else is re watching the 1993 Fiesta Bowl vs Miami tonight?

Just me?

k
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

At some point I am sure we will talk about attendance. Its often pointed out that out west we have many options and that detracts from our attendance amongst other things

I noticed that 3 of the top 10 in baseball attendance come from the NL west. I found that surprising. Winning product puts butts in the seats
Last edited by azcat49 on Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Robert A Booey

Post by Robert A Booey »

Anu has been named the starter for Baylor.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Jefe

Post by Jefe »

When will the October game times be posted? Trying to plan a few things around games and TBD doesnt help...
ANGCatFan

Post by ANGCatFan »

PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Jefe wrote:When will the October game times be posted? Trying to plan a few things around games and TBD doesnt help...
New to football? Times are announced 12 or 6 days before kickoff
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
ramcat

Post by ramcat »

Ugh! Cochran out for the year.

https://www.azdesertswarm.com/football/ ... line-depth" target="_blank
ANGCatFan

Post by ANGCatFan »

CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

PHXCATS wrote:
Jefe wrote:When will the October game times be posted? Trying to plan a few things around games and TBD doesnt help...
New to football? Times are announced 12 or 6 days before kickoff

Yeah it's complete bulkshit, especially because in the spring, the cal game was initially listed as a Thursday night game, was switched to Saturday (tba) and unbeknownst to me, wife signed is up for some church event on the night of 10-21. Already bought tickets, but if it isn't an afternoon game, I'm SOL.

Internal and external fails on all levels.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

It's also crappy for those that want to plan travel to away games and it impacts flying on a Friday night vs sat am (huge swing in prices), nights in a hotel, hours on the road and when you are during on the road (day vs middle of night) if you want to drive (like for me to drive to an Oregon game) asking for Friday's off etc.

In most jobs, you just can't up and say without at least 4-6weeks in advance, that your taking next Friday off for PTO, that is if you value your job.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Defense may be even worse this year.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

ASUHATER! wrote:Defense may be even worse this year.
We don't look like a Pac 12 team. We don't pass the eye test for size. More like a Mountain West team. Maybe.