2017 recruits/commitment thread

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

BibbysTowelDude

Re: 2017 recruits/commitment thread

Post by BibbysTowelDude »

cordera89 wrote:
BibbysTowelDude wrote:As someone who has been battling cancer for damn near 5 years now, nothing about college sports is in the same universe. AIDS either.

Braxton Burmeister is trying to do whats best for himself, he's a freaking kid. Cut him some slack.

It sucks that he isn't coming here, but that's his call. None of ours. Anyone bad mouthing him comes across very bitter and borderline idiotic.

The blame for all of this falls clearly on the shoulders of the jackass running the program and his awful coaching staff.
So it's jackass RR and his staff fault for not landing him to Arizona. I think that idiotic borderline is what your describing yourself to be. So far one bad season determine his entire recruiting class into shambles because recruits don't see Arizona as a good destination. RR and his staff can't do anything about the recruits decommitting. So it either the entire staff goes out and recruit more prospect or you can take that idiotic borderline and that five year of cancer crap just shut it up.
Thank you for your time sir.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

cordera needs another timeout.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
prh

Post by prh »

Cordera it's fine if you want to keep arguing about football, but stop taking pot shots at other posters. That's a bigger reason why everyone is tired of you.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Well that should be the end of cordy on this board. Don't let the door hit you on the ass on your way out. Heaven help you if you have to fight the fight BTD has had
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

azcat49 wrote:Well that should be the end of cordy on this board. Don't let the door hit you on the ass on your way out. Heaven help you if you have to fight the fight BTD has had
Well I'm not afraid to said what I want to said so deal with it.
UALoco

Post by UALoco »

don't engage the vortex...

..anyways...

Getting back to grown-up talk...remember that when we beat the Trojans the last few years, they were under limited scholarships. So I wouldn't get too sentimental about that. It is a good point that a QB that knows how to run the system, along with a good RB, can really make this scheme work, even if they have a noodle arm..it is proven. Now Dawkins doesn't have a noodle arm and neither does Khalil..the question is if they can figure out the reads and stay healthy. Who knows? Maybe Rhett is that guy and will surprise folks. Crazier things have happened. It would be a great story. Would need RR to still around long enough for Rhett to start a few games. On the other hand, why don't we just figure out who NDSt or Eastern Washington have lined up to QB, they always seem to find some real QB gems that are under recruited but can seriously ball. I like that we are going hard after the highly rated kids but it looks like our hit ratio is low and won't change until we can be a consistent winner or get a HC with sizzle.
Last edited by UALoco on Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

prh wrote:Cordera it's fine if you want to keep arguing about football, but stop taking pot shots at other posters. That's a bigger reason why everyone is tired of you.
Prh I'm not arguing base on what I wrote.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Cancer is not crap bitch ass mf. Go rub RR'S balls
ramcat

Post by ramcat »

BibbysTowelDude wrote:As someone who has been battling cancer for damn near 5 years now, nothing about college sports is in the same universe. AIDS either.

Braxton Burmeister is trying to do whats best for himself, he's a freaking kid. Cut him some slack.

It sucks that he isn't coming here, but that's his call. None of ours. Anyone bad mouthing him comes across very bitter and borderline idiotic.

The blame for all of this falls clearly on the shoulders of the jackass running the program and his awful coaching staff.
Sincerely sorry to hear of your bought with cancer, and hope you're kicking it's ass!!! I've lost a couple of family members to it!!

With all due respect, you're sounding a bit overly bitter about RR and coaching staff. Think it's hard to argue that absent the late Oregon offer, BB is here, despite RR and the staff. The fact that we lose a recruit to Oregon could be for many reasons beyond RR and staff. One doesn't have to look much beyond BB's coach and some say mentor, Akili Smith who had openly tried to get on Oregon offer to BB with previous staff. I'd think that Akili likely has quite a bit of influence over BB, with the amount of time he's spent with him on the field and likely class room, and that would probably carry quite a bit of weight with BB. Just saying... https://twitter.com/akili_smith/status/ ... 5466285057" target="_blank

You also, say it's BB's call where he goes, so unless you're inside the kids head and know how he feels about RR and staff, it's tough to square that his leaving, is blamed entirely on RR and staff. The fact that he had committed twice would tell me that there is most likely some strong and positive thoughts for Rod Smith who recruited him, and AZ in general. JMHO.
ramcat

Post by ramcat »

In the twitter feed above Akili Smith refers to himself as BB's step dad. So think the relationship is very close.
BibbysTowelDude

Every recruit that goes somewhere else is on the staff and it's leader Rich Rod. Plain and simple, they didn't do the job to keep him. I don't care if its Stephen F. Austin or Alabama. It is the job of the staff to keep Braxton Burmeister. It isn't the job of Braxton to stay at Arizona. He's a free agent, he can go wherever he wants.

Anyone bad mouthing him is a being a bitter tool. Bad mouth the guys being paid to recruit him and then losing him. This isn't a Braxton Burmeister problem.
BibbysTowelDude

They had him twice and lost him twice, which is even more embarrassing :D
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

azcat49 wrote:Cancer is not crap bitch ass mf. Go rub RR'S balls
Nice try but I'm not going to fall for that. I would rather support our program, our HC, Our staff and the player and the recruits that want to be here at Arizona. Not this Pretend BS that your describing yourself to be. Why don't you go cry to Devil.
ramcat

Post by ramcat »

I get it but do you think some recruits might favor Oregon or say Alabama as you say, for other reasons beyond the staff. As you aptly state, these are 18 yr olds, and should give them a pass due to maybe them having less than mature decision making. Again, seems beyond obvious that an Oregon alum, and lauded star from the program, is extremely close to Braxton, referring to himself as his step dad, would carry more weight than purely the make ups of the two staffs. Indeed, purportedly Braxton never visited Oregon or met the staff.
BibbysTowelDude

I don't care what he favors. He was committed here twice and they lost him twice. The kid had more offers than Arizona and Oregon. He chose Arizona twice, and then Rich Rod and staff dropped the ball and in the end the kid took Oregon. The kid chose Oregon because Rich Rod and Staff have made the football program a dumpster fire. They are responsible for all of it.

Blaming the decomits is just sour grapes. Blame the guys being paid to make this a destination who are failing miserably at it.
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

cordera89 wrote:
Nice try but I'm not going to fall for that. I would rather support our program, our HC, Our staff and the player and the recruits that want to be here at Arizona. Not this Pretend BS that your describing yourself to be. Why don't you go cry to Devil.
Supporting RR is more important than showing respect for a person battling for their life? Wow. BTD's situation has been well known and documented for some time.

If RR gets fired for doing an awful job, he will be rich for the rest of his life. He's extremely fortunate....
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

BibbysTowelDude wrote:I don't care what he favors. He was committed here twice and they lost him twice. The kid had more offers than Arizona and Oregon. He chose Arizona twice, and then Rich Rod and staff dropped the ball and in the end the kid took Oregon. The kid chose Oregon because Rich Rod and Staff have made the football program a dumpster fire. They are responsible for all of it.

Blaming the decomits is just sour grapes. Blame the guys being paid to make this a destination who are failing miserably at it.
There was probably nothing the staff could do at this point in time. The seeds creating an environment where we would be susceptible to this type of thing were sown long ago.

Bottom line, we are having a tough time holding onto recruits because our program is in shambles... these issues were created over the last 3-4 years, and no amount of effort or magic on the part of the staff is going to change that now.
Last edited by Harvey Specter on Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

cordera89 wrote:or you can take that idiotic borderline and that five year of cancer crap just shut it up.

Someone's asking for a banning.
ramcat

Post by ramcat »

So he's a kid and shouldn't be held completely accountable for his decision but yet the staff is accountable because they lost the kid who could be making less than mature or reasonable decisons due to his age. Ok, got it.
Real world is that kids make decisions on many factors other that common sense, and you seem to raise that point, in his defense but don't recognize it in your conclusion. Ok, but again AZ will lose many recruits having nothing to do with the staff and RR. In this case, the person who quite obviously is closest to BB from a football perspective, was pushing for and advocating for him to get an offer and go to Oregon.
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

Merkin wrote:
cordera89 wrote:or you can take that idiotic borderline and that five year of cancer crap just shut it up.

Someone's demanding to be banned.
fyp
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

ramcat wrote:So he's a kid and shouldn't be held completely accountable for his decision but yet the staff is accountable because they lost the kid who could be making less than mature or reasonable decisons due to his age. Ok, got it.
Real world is that kids make decisions on many factors other that common sense, and you seem to raise that point, in his defense but don't recognize it in your conclusion. Ok, but again AZ will lose many recruits having nothing to do with the staff and RR. In this case, the person who quite obviously is closest to BB from a football perspective, was pushing for and advocating for him to get an offer and go to Oregon.
Here is the real question... if we were coming off consecutive 8-4 seasons, do you think BB would have decommitted?

We will never know, but I suspect it would be much less likely.
BibbysTowelDude

I agree the only difference from my point of view is, that blaming and crapping on recruits is bogus, the blame has to be squarely on the assholes who created the environment. It obviously wasn't Greg Johnson or Braxton Burmeister or Matthew Leo who freaking ended up at Iowa State of all the freaking places in college football. Texas-San Antonio would have been less embarrassing.

We've been here before... It's over, the damage has blown this program to shreds, again. John Mackovic... it was all good until he decided to treat Clarence Farmer like a terrorist, and wanted to trade his guys to USC for a pair of sweater puppies. Stoops wen't from dynamite to nuclear bomb to dead dog. Now we have Rich Rod, who has become candles on a birthday cake and they are melting the frosting, he's a case of erectile dysfunction.
ramcat

Post by ramcat »

I agree Harvey but again, this is an 18yr old kid, who is very close obviously to his mentor and Oregon alum, so how less likely is very questionable to me. A mentor and coach who is that close, can carry a Great deal of influence!!
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

cordera89 wrote:
Pretend. Most of us have been impacted by cancer. Lost my mom as a sr in high school. My sister at her age of 44. Good riddence man. Get some perspective. I hope that was your last post on this site
BibbysTowelDude

Anybody who knows my history knows that I think kids should be held accountable. He's a free agent, he could decide tomorrow to go be Lane Kiffin's pool boy and that is all on him.

Braxton doesn't want to be a Wildcat, he isn't going to be here. He could have a million different reasons and none of them matter, he can do what he wants until he is 100 percent committed to a program and is in working there. That is how recruiting works. Our recruiters shit the bed on his recruitment otherwise he would be here. They didn't get the job done. They had him twice and lost him twice. That is pathetic. Not because of the kid, it's because the guys recruiting him. If Nick Saban and staff start screwing off and losing kids left and right and start losing games, you think Alabama is going to blame the kids or do you think Saban and staff are going to be reprimanded and/or fired? I know for sure that Rich Rod has been told to cut out with the bullshit. He's on notice.

It isn't that big of a deal though, I'm an Arizona Wildcat... I'll let Rich Rod run it into irrelevancy all he wants and I'll still be here.
ramcat

Post by ramcat »

BibbysTowelDude wrote:Anybody who knows my history knows that I think kids should be held accountable. He's a free agent, he could decide tomorrow to go be Lane Kiffin's pool boy and that is all on him.

Braxton doesn't want to be a Wildcat, he isn't going to be here. He could have a million different reasons and none of them matter, he can do what he wants until he is 100 percent committed to a program and is in working there. That is how recruiting works. Our recruiters shit the bed on his recruitment otherwise he would be here. They didn't get the job done. They had him twice and lost him twice. That is pathetic. Not because of the kid, it's because the guys recruiting him. If Nick Saban and staff start screwing off and losing kids left and right and start losing games, you think Alabama is going to blame the kids or do you think Saban and staff are going to be reprimanded and/or fired? I know for sure that Rich Rod has been told to cut out with the bullshit. He's on notice.

It isn't that big of a deal though, I'm an Arizona Wildcat... I'll let Rich Rod run it into irrelevancy all he wants and I'll still be here.
Had the Oregon offer been in play all along, this goes without saying and I'd agree wholeheartedly in this case; Certainly is a factor otherwise. The timing, and influence by Akili as his "step dad" and Oregon alum mitigates this to big degree I think.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

So did AS marry BB's mom between commitment #1 because either he has been here all along or he is just the kids trainer.
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

ramcat wrote:
BibbysTowelDude wrote:Anybody who knows my history knows that I think kids should be held accountable. He's a free agent, he could decide tomorrow to go be Lane Kiffin's pool boy and that is all on him.

Had the Oregon offer been in play all along, this goes without saying and I'd agree wholeheartedly in this case; Certainly is a factor otherwise. The timing, and influence by Akili as his "step dad" and Oregon alum mitigates this to big degree I think.
All true... and if he had his heart set on being a Duck all along, he was gone regardless. But he is the latest (and quite possibly not the last) in a wave of defections of fairly highly rated commits... although certainly the most drawn out and dramatic.

There is no sense in getting all worked up about all these kids leaving right now... because at this point I do not think the coaches could have done anything about it, and we really should not be surprised.

We can debate about the reasons for any one of them (Akili Smith, DW, etc)... but the bottom line - the trend id what it is because we are a sinking ship, and they are jumping overboard.
ramcat

Post by ramcat »

azcat49 wrote:So did AS marry BB's mom between commitment #1 because either he has been here all along or he is just the kids trainer.
Lol, no but that was Akili referencing his relationship with BB in the tweet I included above. I really don't believe had the Oregon offer had been in play before his second commitment, that he would have ever re-upped. Speculation of course.
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

ramcat wrote:
azcat49 wrote:So did AS marry BB's mom between commitment #1 because either he has been here all along or he is just the kids trainer.
Lol, no but that was Akili referencing his relationship with BB in the tweet I included above. I really don't believe had the Oregon offer had been in play before his second commitment, that he would have ever re-upped. Speculation of course.
I think that is very safe to assume... and also that if the UO offer never came, he would be in Tucson attending classes.
ramcat

Post by ramcat »

Harvey Specter wrote:
ramcat wrote:

All true... and if he had his heart set on being a Duck all along, he was gone regardless. But he is the latest (and quite possibly not the last) in a wave of defections of fairly highly rated commits... although certainly the most drawn out and dramatic.

There is no sense in getting all worked up about all these kids leaving right now... because at this point I do not think the coaches could have done anything about it, and we really should not be surprised.

We can debate about the reasons for any one of them (Akili Smith, DW, etc)... but the bottom line - the trend id what it is because we are a sinking ship, and they are jumping overboard.
Agreed.
MrMeow

Post by MrMeow »

Merkin wrote:

Yes!! Why is this idiot still here? Enough!!
BibbysTowelDude

Yeah guys I'm with you, I do not want to get mad about it. I'll just back off now. We all want the best for Arizona Football and I realize that.

Cordera it's not all good but I'm not gonna bust your balls.

I just don't think people who are good posters, normally level headed, and I know are probably good people away from the board even if we disagree on this or that, I just don't think that comparing what are clearly slimey practices like college sport recruiting to things like cancer and aids just because the breaks seem to always go against us haha.

I'll leave you all with that. Hope that we end up getting great recruits and that they can overcome their own adversity. I'm not against them at all, and hope nothing but the best for them. Bear Down.
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

Harvey Specter wrote:
cordera89 wrote:
Supporting RR is more important than showing respect for a person battling for their life? Wow. BTD's situation has been well known and documented for some time.

If RR gets fired for doing an awful job, he will be rich for the rest of his life. He's extremely fortunate....
Harvey I understand what I said about his battling with cancer and It was kind of wrong for me to say that but the bottom line is, I wouldn't go to great links to solely put the blame on RR and his staff for failing to get BB hear to Arizona. With all the stuff that been going on with his Recruiting Class, Their is nothing he can do with a recruit that decommitted. The only thing RR and his staff can do is go out and recruit and hope on Feb 3 that some new recruits want to come in and want to come to Arizona, Not the pretend fantasy BS talk.

If he get fired, He get fired. If he does a good job, Then he does a good job. I'm not going to judge him on things he couldn't do at Arizona. I only thing I care is for him to do his job and rebound from this nightmare which was the 2016 season.
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

MrMeow wrote:
Merkin wrote:

Yes!! Why is this idiot still here? Enough!!
Do I care what devil going to tell me. Already been ban once. Not afraid to get banned again if your so butt hurt on things on saying.

Word of advise, Leave me the hell alone get on about your day.
Last edited by cordera89 on Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RazorsEdgeAZ

Post by RazorsEdgeAZ »

If the situation was a four star QB recruit who had flipped to UA from Oregon just prior to signing day and after that same QB recruit had twice committed to Oregon... most of us would rejoice and say the recruit was brilliant for coming to his senses.

Doubt many would say don't come to UA four star QB because you're flaky and you don't know what a commitment is. UA is not Oregon or USC OR Oklahoma etc. We know that. Doesn't mean it's not painful as a fan. But... Plenty of things pointed BB didn't really want to be at UA. I really think he wanted to be at Oregon and his offer to there finally came in.

RR lost his window with the 2015 class. He was hot, team excelled 2014, Then he front loaded the 2015 class with same mediocre recruits, He also flirted with South Carolina. RR lost all the momentum by being awful with recruiting and showing that he was looking to improve his own situation.

Now, dark clouds above him about his future and his even wanting to be here. Throw in his schemes, losing his key SoCal recruiter after 1 season and back-to-back horrible field performance and now you have given high ranked recruits even more reasons to give doubt to come to UA (or stay committed).

It was already tough enough to do that before 2014. RR mismanaged so many of the advantages gained from 2014 that it is mind boggling.
Last edited by RazorsEdgeAZ on Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

BibbysTowelDude wrote:Yeah guys I'm with you, I do not want to get mad about it. I'll just back off now. We all want the best for Arizona Football and I realize that.

Cordera it's not all good but I'm not gonna bust your balls.

I just don't think people who are good posters, normally level headed, and I know are probably good people away from the board even if we disagree on this or that, I just don't think that comparing what are clearly slimey practices like college sport recruiting to things like cancer and aids just because the breaks seem to always go against us haha.

I'll leave you all with that. Hope that we end up getting great recruits and that they can overcome their own adversity. I'm not against them at all, and hope nothing but the best for them. Bear Down.
I want to apologize to you for my comment on your cancers. The rest of your comment, I can care less on what you might think. I'm not like them were bash the hell the HC of the team on rooting for because of one bad season. The recruiting class so far, Their nothing RR can do about it as long as he go and recruit. I know were going to rebound in 2017 and do a lot better than we did in 2016.
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

KIND OF wrong?!

No other team has "fans" like this. Neither should we. GTFO and stay gone.

And no, I don't care either about half-hearted apologies. We don't need this board to veer into Trumpland and are not served by it at all.
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

catgrad97 wrote:KIND OF wrong?!

No other team has "fans" like this. Neither should we. GTFO and stay gone.

And no, I don't care either about half-hearted apologies. We don't need this board to veer into Trumpland and are not served by it at all.
Catgrad go cry to devil. I don't care if he accept my apologize or not. I rather apologize to him and move on. But if you got something to say to me, Say it face not behind the keyboard. I choose to be here rather you like it or not.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

cordera89 wrote:So it's jackass RR and his staff fault for not landing him to Arizona. I think that idiotic borderline is what your describing yourself to be. So far one bad season determine his entire recruiting class into shambles because recruits don't see Arizona as a good destination. RR and his staff can't do anything about the recruits decommitting. So it either the entire staff goes out and recruit more prospect or you can take that idiotic borderline and that five year of cancer crap just shut it up.
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

azgreg wrote:
cordera89 wrote:So it's jackass RR and his staff fault for not landing him to Arizona. I think that idiotic borderline is what your describing yourself to be. So far one bad season determine his entire recruiting class into shambles because recruits don't see Arizona as a good destination. RR and his staff can't do anything about the recruits decommitting. So it either the entire staff goes out and recruit more prospect or you can take that idiotic borderline and that five year of cancer crap just shut it up.

Your point. A picture doesn't tell me anything.

Nice try dude.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

UAEebs86 wrote:cordera needs another timeout.
He's getting one.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
tgrumpy2

Post by tgrumpy2 »

Okay we kicked BB into the dirt for being a flake and leaving without so much as an excuse me and we kicked RR into the dirt for letting it happen and now we're kicking cordera into the dirt for being cordera. Is there any way we can move on now? Aren't there a lot of recruits in town this weekend? I know some of them are already firm commits and all but what about the rest of them? Does anyone know a thing about them or even who they are?
ramcat

Post by ramcat »

tgrumpy2 wrote:Okay we kicked BB into the dirt for being a flake and leaving without so much as an excuse me and we kicked RR into the dirt for letting it happen and now we're kicking cordera into the dirt for being cordera. Is there any way we can move on now? Aren't there a lot of recruits in town this weekend? I know some of them are already firm commits and all but what about the rest of them? Does anyone know a thing about them or even who they are?
This helped me a bit...

http://www.azdesertswarm.com/recruiting ... ce-wilborn" target="_blank
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

ramcat wrote:
tgrumpy2 wrote:Okay we kicked BB into the dirt for being a flake and leaving without so much as an excuse me and we kicked RR into the dirt for letting it happen and now we're kicking cordera into the dirt for being cordera. Is there any way we can move on now? Aren't there a lot of recruits in town this weekend? I know some of them are already firm commits and all but what about the rest of them? Does anyone know a thing about them or even who they are?
This helped me a bit...

Thanks for posting... hopefully we have some success with the kids in this weekend. There look to be a few good ones.

Although I must admit I rolled my eyes at the 2-star speedster out of Florida comment :roll: That's an oxymoron on more than one level, and it the story we have heard on countless past recruits we signed.
tgrumpy2

Post by tgrumpy2 »

ramcat wrote:
This helped me a bit...

Thank you ramcat, that article was a big help. Has anyone heard anything else about that flake DE from Arizona Western that wasn't eligible and went off to Eastern Arizona? I knew then the guy was a flake and chances are we'd never see him on campus but I was just wondering.
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

tgrumpy2 wrote:
ramcat wrote:
This helped me a bit...

Thank you ramcat, that article was a big help. Has anyone heard anything else about that flake DE from Arizona Western that wasn't eligible and went off to Eastern Arizona? I knew then the guy was a flake and chances are we'd never see him on campus but I was just wondering.

Do you mean Josh Allen (from Long Beach City College....not AZ Western)??? Looks like he's going to either Houston or Iowa State. We are not even on his list.

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/184240" target="_blank
tgrumpy2

Post by tgrumpy2 »

dmjcat wrote:
tgrumpy2 wrote:
ramcat wrote:
This helped me a bit...

Do you mean Josh Allen (from Long Beach City College....not AZ Western)??? Looks like he's going to either Houston or Iowa State. We are not even on his list.

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/184240" target="_blank

That's the one and thanks for the update.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

azgreg wrote:
Looks like a very good pickup... Thumbs up.

http://www.kickingworld.com/prospect/lucas-havrisik/" target="_blank