Post by ANGCatFan »

No sounds of Arizona available for USC.
ANGCatFan

Re: Sounds of Arizona Football 2014

Post by ANGCatFan »

ANGCatFan

Post by ANGCatFan »

No Sounds of Arizona available for Ucla.

azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Fine work buddy.

UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

ANGCatFan wrote:No Sounds of Arizona available for Ucla.
Thank goodness. I don't want to watch or hear that again.
Last edited by UAEebs86 on Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
ANGCatFan

Post by ANGCatFan »

ANGCatFan

Post by ANGCatFan »

ANGCatFan

Post by ANGCatFan »

azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

As always Ang, great job. Now we just need the ASSU game to cap off this great work
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

Do we want this stickied for now? Then un-stickky it after the season? Just asking cause I don't know what the generally "acceptable" number of stickied threads is, and we already have 3.

p.s., why do we have 2 different threads regarding 2015 recruits stickied? wouldn't one be enough?
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Oregon one gives me chills like you wouldn't believe.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

I love these videos!!

My favorite is from two years ago vs Ok State for a few reasons:

It's one of the few videos that shows RR talking to the players right before the game. I wish more of them would show that. Also, it was great to see RR's family congratulating him on the field after we beat those guys.

It was after watching that video, that I knew we had a great coach here and good things were coming.

Damn, I'm pumped this week.
2020 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2018 BEARDOWN WILDCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
2017 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2013 GOAZCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

PieceOfMeat wrote: p.s., why do we have 2 different threads regarding 2015 recruits stickied? wouldn't one be enough?
Yes, one should be enough. What happened was at TOS, HeHateMe would start the thread, and every time we got a new commit (or lost a commit), he would update the original post with that information, and the thread would continue on discussing that year's class.

Over here, ASUHATER! started the thread but would never update the OP (even though I asked him), so ANGCatFan started a thread just to list the current commits, not for the discussion.
-JB
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

UAEebs86 wrote:
PieceOfMeat wrote: p.s., why do we have 2 different threads regarding 2015 recruits stickied? wouldn't one be enough?
Yes, one should be enough. What happened was at TOS, HeHateMe would start the thread, and every time we got a new commit (or lost a commit), he would update the original post with that information, and the thread would continue on discussing that year's class.

Over here, ASUHATER! started the thread but would never update the OP (even though I asked him), so ANGCatFan started a thread just to list the current commits, not for the discussion.
Ok. Well I stickied this thread cause it seems like a popular/good thread to sticky during the season. Better than having to search for the videos. If anyone objects let me know.

P.s., I tried to merge those two recruiting threads and.....yeah that didn't go so well. I'm not tech savvy enough I guess, but I did get them un-split at least :lol:
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

PieceOfMeat wrote:
UAEebs86 wrote:

Ok. Well I stickied this thread cause it seems like a popular/good thread to sticky during the season. Better than having to search for the videos. If anyone objects let me know.

P.s., I tried to merge those two recruiting threads and.....yeah that didn't go so well. I'm not tech savvy enough I guess, but I did get them un-split at least :lol:
If you or someone else ever does figure out how to merge them, make sure ANGCatFan's post is the first one so he can update it as commits change.
-JB
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

UAEebs86 wrote: If you or someone else ever does figure out how to merge them, make sure ANGCatFan's post is the first one so he can update it as commits change.

yeah that's what I was aiming for, but even though I merged in asuhater's thread INTO angcat's thread, asuhater came up as the first post...I guess due to post age (his thread was first)?

I guess we could just unsticky asuhater's thread but it seems the more active thread, and I was trying to save all the discussion in there. :/

::::
Seems it may be a moot point, just noticed at the bottom of ang's post, it says "If you want to discuss commits don't add to this thread go to 2015 recruits/commitment thread"

apparently he doesn't want discussion in that thread, just a list.

Oh well

ANGCatFan

Post by ANGCatFan »

azgreg

Post by azgreg »

"We've got a couple of more games to play!"
" Maybe 3 more!"

Love it.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

hell yeah!

AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

Damn right 3 more!
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
desertdave

Post by desertdave »

Thank you AngCatFan. Good stuff!

Three more, for sure!!!
illcat

Post by illcat »

OH YEAH!!
I mean I am not complaining but it must suck for good ugly girls.
--Officer Craig

You'll forgive DW99, he's used to the methed-out slores in Tempe ...
--Reydituto
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Guy with a GoPro - last couple minutes and the celebration.:

-JB
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

That RR/Toad Graham handshake was downright cordial.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

Graham actually hugged Mrs. Rodriguez. Ewwww. Slime's gotta make nice when it goes down.
desertdave

Post by desertdave »

Toad could have at least removed his "go to hell" sunglasses. Dood reminds me of a sleazy politico/used car salesman.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

That was a neat video of the sideline. Lots of noise. Loved the , "we want Oregon" chant and the "I believe we can win" chant.

Also impressed with the cordial exchange between Brittney and RR and with Rita. Got to give her/him props but he showed his real self in the pressor
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

The video shown before the asu game.
2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
ALASKACAT

Post by ALASKACAT »

So during the final sequence when Arizona was taking knees to run out the remaining time, FOX network showed ASU having one time out left. Did the unsportsmanlike penalty not stop the clock, whereas ASU took their last time out there? I really thought U of A gave ASU a free time out there where we couldn't totally kill the clock to end it without having to punt it back to them. Can any one answer that question? Watching on TV I was really pissed at that penalty. I think in the NFL that penalty would of killed the game clock until the following snap.
krissyp

Post by krissyp »

I am DYING to see the Sounds from the assu Game!!! Hopefully they've been working on it all weekend and should be up sooner than the others!!
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

ALASKACAT wrote:So during the final sequence when Arizona was taking knees to run out the remaining time, FOX network showed ASU having one time out left. Did the unsportsmanlike penalty not stop the clock, whereas ASU took their last time out there? I really thought U of A gave ASU a free time out there where we couldn't totally kill the clock to end it without having to punt it back to them. Can any one answer that question? Watching on TV I was really pissed at that penalty. I think in the NFL that penalty would of killed the game clock until the following snap.
Here's how espn's play-by-play has it:
2nd and 11 at ARIZ 39 ARIZONA Penalty, Personal Foul (-15 Yards) to the Ariz 24
Timeout ARIZONA ST, clock 01:04

So it would appear that ASsU called the timeout, which means, I guess, that the penalty didn't stop the clock (other than for penalty enforcement). I was thinking the same as you though when it happened, "we just gave them a free timeout!?!?" but...I guess that's not how it goes. I did some googling, closest thing to an answer I could find was someone's post to someone else explaining that outside of 1 minute left in the half, a personal foul that occurs when the clock is running (not a dead ball situation) doesn't stop the clock other than penalty enforcement and then it starts up again on the ref's signal.

I even tried looking through the ncaa rulebook, but....yeah couldn't find the rule.

azpenguin

Post by azpenguin »

When ASU called that timeout, the refs announced over the PA that it was their final timeout. I'd heard about Fox showing a timeout left for ASU but that it was an error on their part.
prh

Post by prh »

I'm pretty sure that the PF should have kept the clock stopped until the next snap. I also heard them announce ASU's timeout on TV and was completely baffled. It seems like whoever handles the graphic was also confused why ASU still used a timeout. But didn't they also burn one right before their 4th down play?
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

ANGCatFan

Post by ANGCatFan »

Wow! Just wow!

Bear Down and beat the Ducks!
azthrillhouse

Post by azthrillhouse »

To steal a bit from Drew Magary, that makes me want to run through a goddamn brick wall. Best one yet.

Love starting it with his opening press conference. Damn.

Side note....while no disrespect to Brian Jeffries and LL, the weakest part of these is the voiceover. Can you imagine John Facenda giving this the NFL Films treatment?
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

I cannot describe to you the joy I feel when I watch these.

Here's hoping for three more!!!
ALASKACAT

Post by ALASKACAT »

PieceOfMeat wrote:
ALASKACAT wrote:So during the final sequence when Arizona was taking knees to run out the remaining time, FOX network showed ASU having one time out left. Did the unsportsmanlike penalty not stop the clock, whereas ASU took their last time out there? I really thought U of A gave ASU a free time out there where we couldn't totally kill the clock to end it without having to punt it back to them. Can any one answer that question? Watching on TV I was really pissed at that penalty. I think in the NFL that penalty would of killed the game clock until the following snap.
Here's how espn's play-by-play has it:
2nd and 11 at ARIZ 39 ARIZONA Penalty, Personal Foul (-15 Yards) to the Ariz 24
Timeout ARIZONA ST, clock 01:04

So it would appear that ASsU called the timeout, which means, I guess, that the penalty didn't stop the clock (other than for penalty enforcement). I was thinking the same as you though when it happened, "we just gave them a free timeout!?!?" but...I guess that's not how it goes. I did some googling, closest thing to an answer I could find was someone's post to someone else explaining that outside of 1 minute left in the half, a personal foul that occurs when the clock is running (not a dead ball situation) doesn't stop the clock other than penalty enforcement and then it starts up again on the ref's signal.

I even tried looking through the ncaa rulebook, but....yeah couldn't find the rule.
Thanks for the response. I found this: http://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/c ... /19721611/

NEWS, NOTES AND OBSERVATIONS

-I've heard from several fans wondering why ASU didn't use all its second-half timeouts. Actually, the Sun Devils did. They called their first with six minutes left in the contest, before facing a 4th-and-4 situation. They called their second before a 3rd-and-19 on their final drive. Their third – one the Fox television crew never mentioned – came with 1:04 to go, right after the Wildcats were flagged for a personal foul.

Referencing the bold--So if that personal foul occurred with less than a minute to go than the game clock stays permanently stopped. Interesting!
dc4azcats

Post by dc4azcats »

I finally found out today why the team says "cheeks" when they sing Bear Down. "Cheeks" is short for "ass cheeks" which is then short for "we just beat your ass". It all makes sense now.

Trust me when I tell you that this is solid info and I'm glad I finally get it as it has been bugging me for a really long time.
:D
The Butcher

Post by The Butcher »

dc4azcats wrote:I finally found out today why the team says "cheeks" when they sing Bear Down. "Cheeks" is short for "ass cheeks" which is then short for "we just beat your ass". It all makes sense now.

Trust me when I tell you that this is solid info and I'm glad I finally get it as it has been bugging me for a really long time.
\

I was wondering what the hell they were saying too. How did you come across this info? :D
ALASKACAT

Post by ALASKACAT »

I thought they were saying Chiefs.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Holy crap. Been wondering about that all year. Thanks, DC. Rep coming your way. Oh, damn... Nvm.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
michcat

Post by michcat »

dc4azcats wrote:I finally found out today why the team says "cheeks" when they sing Bear Down. "Cheeks" is short for "ass cheeks" which is then short for "we just beat your ass". It all makes sense now.

I thought they said " team"
Daryl Zero

Post by Daryl Zero »

I wish I didn't know this. Its kinda silly and childish.
We don't get to see the lockerroom after losses. I hope we see a lot more videos. ;)
Erlich Bachmann: Richard wrote the code, yes, but the inspiration was clear. Let me ask you something. How fast do you think you could jack off every guy in this room? Cause I know how long it would take me. And I could prove it.
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

It's jinx.. as in they said it at the same time. not cheeks.