A note to Mr. Graham

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

azpenguin

A note to Mr. Graham

Post by azpenguin »

So, it looks like Graham refused to give the Cats credit, saying that they beat themselves. Hmmm...

Nick Wilson beat your entire secondary.
Samajie Grant and Anu Solomon beat your DBs.
Tellas Jones beat your punt protection.
Scooby Wright beat your OL like a drum.
Parker Zellars (all 6-1 247 of him) beat your goal line offense.
Jourdan Grandon beat your miracle air attack backup QB.

Last I checked, all of those guys who beat you were not on your team. But hey, whatever gets you through the trip home to Tempe.
catgrad97

Re: A note to Mr. Graham

Post by catgrad97 »

Like I posted in another thread, you can't say "we beat ourselves" when your team never actually led a game.

This is one of the key differences between ASU and U of A: Ability to articulate logic.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Wristbands is such a chode.

Scooby Wright blowing up Kelly for the first TD is hardly, "beating yourselves".

Douchebag.
Gilbertcat

Post by Gilbertcat »

Todd is a joke and was classless trying to crash the center while in the v formation
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Cracka. What else would you expect to hear?
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
Good For You

Post by Good For You »

It just confirms what a first rate tool the guy is. I saw an unfortunate young man yesterday wearing a yellow shirt with:

CTG

on the front and

#speakvictory
#highoctane

on the back.

SMH
SGIT

Post by SGIT »

Good For You wrote:It just confirms what a first rate tool the guy is. I saw an unfortunate young man yesterday wearing a yellow shirt with:

CTG

on the front and

#speakvictory
#highoctane

on the back.

SMH
Did you throw some spare change in his cup while walking past?
Good For You

Post by Good For You »

Speaking of CTG, how the hell do you yank your senior QB in that game? I hate asu as much as anyone, but as far as I can tell Taylor Kelly is a great kid and heck of a football player.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Good For You wrote:Speaking of CTG, how the hell do you yank your senior QB in that game? I hate asu as much as anyone, but as far as I can tell Taylor Kelly is a great kid and heck of a football player.
I thought it was pretty shitty. If he didn't pull him after that abysmal first half against Wazzu, why pull him from his last Territorial Cup when he was playing much better? And now the questions leading up to their bowl will be all about the QB controversy. Not well played CTG.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
TuiTouchdown

Post by TuiTouchdown »

Also we gave them the scoop and score, it was a miscue from the exchange. And we also have them great field position at the end of the 1st half due to the muffed punt.

So we basically gave them 14pts.
Machina

Post by Machina »

Good For You wrote:Speaking of CTG, how the hell do you yank your senior QB in that game? I hate asu as much as anyone, but as far as I can tell Taylor Kelly is a great kid and heck of a football player.
I thought it at the time and still do, if you yank your starting senior qb you better win or it makes you look very bad to your team and recruits.
Machina

Post by Machina »

TuiTouchdown wrote:Also we gave them the scoop and score, it was a miscue from the exchange. And we also have them great field position at the end of the 1st half due to the muffed punt.

So we basically gave them 14pts.
Yep. UA was the much better team. Even the ASSU fans in my area (one a friend) said they were way outplayed and the game wasn't as close as the score and ASSU was lucky to be down only seven at the end
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

I thought Kelly had a pretty decent game and a very nice deep ball.

The backup had a little more zip on the short passes, but never looked off the primary receiver.
CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

CalStateTempe wrote:Wristbands is such a chode.

Scooby Wright blowing up Kelly for the first TD is hardly, "beating yourselves".

Douchebag.

What the hell were those for? Some poverty cause?
“The force behind the movement of time is a mourning that will not be comforted.” author Marilynne Robinson
splitsecond

Post by splitsecond »

Graham said a week or so ago that he wasn't going to just change quarterbacks with the wind. I guess there wasn't any wind in Arizona Stadium yesterday.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Just rewatched the game, since I was out yesterday.

ASU hardly beat themselves. We kicked their ass in all phases of the game. They had no answers for wilson, scooby, and our special teams.

The INT in the 4th was choice.
Frybry02

Post by Frybry02 »

Completely agree. Once I noticed Berko was in the game, WTF? I thought Kelly had a decent first half he missed a couple deep balls but put a lot of pressure on our DBs.

How the hell do you pull your senior QB in his last conference game... Let alone rivalry game?
azpenguin

Post by azpenguin »

I got a text from a friend on the drive with the Grandon pick: "They're going to tie this game." My response was "Not so fast." Arizona knew ASU was going air attack and I had a feeling the Cats were due for a pick. Sure enough...
krissyp

Post by krissyp »

Are you really surprised by Hot Toddy? The man has no class or tact or is loyal to anyone but himself. He's a total loser and a POS.

Who cares what he said or didn't say, it's not like I take stock in any of it-he's a BSer in the highest form.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Bad news is this win replaces Graham with Rich Rod on many teams coaching wish lists
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Merkin wrote:

The backup had a little more zip on the short passes, but never looked off the primary receiver.

I noticed this too...and the dude threw 2 INT's (spare me the "hands to the face" bullshit).

I looked at stats after the game, and TK was the better QB on paper...
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

Once Kelly was out, the threat of run options were gone and we were able to rush hard.

And I know that Bercovici led ASU to a TD, but he was not throwing a consistent ball. He was helped out by some really amazing catches, and a couple of completions were sufficiently off target as to keep the WR from taking advantage of space and blockers. I was in the north endzone watching the field open from their back in that 4th quarter, and the interception was one of those where you saw it coming before he even threw the ball...he was so locked into that receiver. And the 4th down throw was comically bad.

After listening to the CTG-inspired drivel that poured from his mouth after the game (link earlier in thread), I can't see how players can take him seriously or follow him. He sounds like a Graham clone with that scripted bravado talk about expectations and preparation. Taylor Kelly did not deserve his fate in that game, and I am really glad he ended up on the bench from a Cat fan perspective, because he has the ability to beat you by taking advantage of a defenses weakness, run or pass. He has been pretty reliable in the clutch. Bercovici had some gaudy numbers in his starts, but I see defending him as a much easier task than defending Kelly. CTG went all in on a move for show, and it didn't work. And if I were his QB, I would always be looking over my shoulder.

Having a senior QB who played significant snaps the prior year is a nice situation for ASU next year, but there is a reason he was on the bench behind Kelly...he simply is not as good.
ANGCatFan

Post by ANGCatFan »

Coach Rod did not know the score of the Stanford game, but I suspect Toddy did. I think he panicked when he realized he was now playing for the south championship and yanked Kelly to try and force the win.

On the bright side at least Kelly knows how his coach really feels about him going into their bowl game. That should help them repeat last year's disaster of a bowl game.
Coop Cat

Post by Coop Cat »

Do not care. Cats won!!
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

A note to Mr. Graham:

You suck as a human being.

That is all.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
Scummy Dick Douglas

Post by Scummy Dick Douglas »

How the hell can any of you say Kelly played well in that game? Bercovici put up similar passing numbers in just over 1 qtr of play to Kelly who played almost 3 qtrs. Kelly regressed this season, and it wasn't even remotely debatable. Kelly's value to their offense is in his ability to run the ball (read option), which he has seemed incapable of doing well since injuring his foot. The real mistake the ASU coaches made was switching back to Kelly mid season. Bercovici is clearly a better passer, and Grahams loyalty to Kelly became problematic. The media has been touching on it for a while now, and Bickley (who I generally don't care for) touched on it in better detail. http://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/c ... /19673573/
Scummy Dick Douglas

Post by Scummy Dick Douglas »

Olsondogg wrote:
Merkin wrote:

I noticed this too...and the dude threw 2 INT's (spare me the "hands to the face" bullshit).

I looked at stats after the game, and TK was the better QB on paper...
Clearly, you did not look at the stats. Or you are just void of logic. QB 2 plays just over 1 qtr of a game (after not practicing all week with the 1's) and puts up almost the same numbers as QB 1 who plays almost 3 qtrs of the same game.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Clearly you know nothing about football. Asu was down and needed to throw more to get back in the game. Of course he had the same amount of passes in less time
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Funny, I keep hearing about Brittney Grahams loyalty but how everyone knew that "I only look at one receiver but I am the better thrower Bercovici" should have started.

Then I see all of a sudden the light comes on and Brittney just blows aside his loyalty and puts the guy who was supposedly better in.

Such bullshit. Brittney would start Tom Brady if he could get him. That dude is way short on loyalty. They thought Taylor Swift was the better choice and I could see that from what I saw up close Friday. Berko has a great arm but man he stares down his receivers. He never looked to secondary guys and given a full game he may have thrown for 400 yards but he would have had 4 picks.

I do agree that Kelly being one dimensional hurts, just like Anu being limited did and does. The cats were clearly the better team and more consistent all year and nothing changed in this game.

I also dont believe that Berco took 0 snaps with the one's unless he isvoid of logic, which is very possible for Brittney
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

SDD conveniently forgets the horrible throw and pick Berco threw that was called back on the BS call that would have ended the game.

Orange Crush from TOS is not the OC we need over here.
(And it's not Percy either.)

Here's a hint SDD - don't use Bickley to defend anything around these parts. We all know what an idiot he is and that article was already ridiculed in another thread.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
catinfl

Post by catinfl »

Douche
Good For You

Post by Good For You »

The thing about football is that every play can and will influence the next play or plays. For instance, we got the goal line stand that Mr. Graham references in his comments about how assu beat themselves. But, because of that goal line stand we were backed up to our own goal line and 4 plays later Anu drops the ball inside the 5 (unforced error, cough, cough) and assu scores a TD. In the end, it was a wash. They scored anyway.
Catstatic

Post by Catstatic »

Good For You wrote:The thing about football is that every play can and will influence the next play or plays. For instance, we got the goal line stand that Mr. Graham references in his comments about how assu beat themselves. But, because of that goal line stand we were backed up to our own goal line and 4 plays later Anu drops the ball inside the 5 (unforced error, cough, cough) and assu scores a TD. In the end, it was a wash. They scored anyway.
Exactly! In the 3rd quarter, with the Cats up 14, I remember thinking: If we hadn't gifted them 14 points (they literally did nothing to force those TO's, other than recovering the ball after Neal and Solomon put it on the ground ..) this game would already be over. Fans can debate woulda, coulda, shoulda all they want to.

However, when a coach does it, it comes off as petty, small and lack of respect for the opponent. Kinda fits coach wristbands to a "T".

Go Cats!!
krissyp

Post by krissyp »

ANGCatFan wrote:Coach Rod did not know the score of the Stanford game, but I suspect Toddy did. I think he panicked when he realized he was now playing for the south championship and yanked Kelly to try and force the win.

On the bright side at least Kelly knows how his coach really feels about him going into their bowl game. That should help them repeat last year's disaster of a bowl game.

This is spot on!~

+1000!!!
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

Why doesn't this thread get moved??? Just Saying!!!
ANGCatFan

Post by ANGCatFan »

Rivalry week and post game gloating are when ASSu talk is supposed to be on the main football board.

AFO made a great point about the difference between Coach Rod and the guy at ASSu.

One putz thinks victories are all about himself,

and Coach Rod refused to even take the cup because he knows it belongs to the team (and the fans).