2016 Recruit/Commitment Thread

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

azcat49

Re: 2016 Recruit/Commitment Thread

Post by azcat49 »

I think the Raynor decommitt was a mutual one. I know he had an injury(broke leg) and it was doubtful he could find the field this year so this would allow him ample time to recover while not burning his redshirt.

As it is we have about a million of these small guys who might play RB or be moved to the slot. I hated losing the LB though. I think we will be fine
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

Does anyone think that any of these decommits are related to the fact that RR has expressed open interest in leaving UA (i.e. SC interview)? Now that he's shown serious interest in moving on, how does he convince good recruits to come? Personally, I think he's gone in 2 years from now.....

Oh and please, enough with the 'it's a business' crap....not even interested in countering that argument for obvious reasons.....
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Bangkok Wildcat wrote:Does anyone think that any of these decommits are related to the fact that RR has expressed open interest in leaving UA (i.e. SC interview)? Now that he's shown serious interest in moving on, how does he convince good recruits to come? Personally, I think he's gone in 2 years from now.....

Oh and please, enough with the 'it's a business' crap....not even interested in countering that argument for obvious reasons.....
It's a business. You can't come up with any argument to that anyway. I'll add you to the list of people that somehow RR personally offended
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Bangkok Wildcat

ASUHATER! wrote:
Bangkok Wildcat wrote:Does anyone think that any of these decommits are related to the fact that RR has expressed open interest in leaving UA (i.e. SC interview)? Now that he's shown serious interest in moving on, how does he convince good recruits to come? Personally, I think he's gone in 2 years from now.....

It's a business. You can't come up with any argument to that anyway. I'll add you to the list of people that somehow RR personally offended
No, he didn't offend me and I was 100% behind him until he openly pursued the lateral move at SC (even after the crappy year, loss to ASSU, crappy recruiting, and crappy defense)...then I realized how quickly he was ready to move on from the UA and even for a lateral move. Nothing is 100% business and even in business there is a thing called loyalty.....openly chasing the SC gig damaged his rep.

Why on earth would any recruit choose RR when he obviously wants / intends to move on in the short-term?

Since you obviously are 100% an RR fan, can you honestly say that his PUBLIC flirtation with SC was a good thing? Do you think recruits are stupid and think it was a one-off and will commit to a HC who, in all likelihood, won't be around for the length of their stay at the UA?
TuiTouchdown

Post by TuiTouchdown »

Bangkok Wildcat wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:

No, he didn't offend me and I was 100% behind him until he openly pursued the lateral move at SC (even after the crappy year, loss to ASSU, crappy recruiting, and crappy defense)...then I realized how quickly he was ready to move on from the UA and even for a lateral move. Nothing is 100% business and even in business there is a thing called loyalty.....openly chasing the SC gig damaged his rep.

Why on earth would any recruit choose RR when he obviously wants / intends to move on in the short-term?

Since you obviously are 100% an RR fan, can you honestly say that his PUBLIC flirtation with SC was a good thing? Do you think recruits are stupid and think it was a one-off and will commit to a HC who, in all likelihood, won't be around for the length of their stay at the UA?
To be honest, it was only after that interview that I got more comfortable with RR's commitment. We knew he flirted, but he came home. And then, decided to make some sweeping changes. Sure, he may look again, but it only means there are other schools out there that value him. It's better than no one wanting him.
whatisee

Post by whatisee »

The kids we lost can be replaced, and IMO were not going to play next year anyway. Including Modster. Tough loss yes, but it's not a critical loss. If we're asking kids to Grayshirt to me it means we have a large class coming in next season. Including Keenan Walker who was a gray shirt this year i believe.

Hopefully the new guy on D can lure some fresh blood into the fold. We need some hungry kids

The sky is not falling
tgrumpy2

Post by tgrumpy2 »

whatisee wrote:The kids we lost can be replaced, and IMO were not going to play next year anyway. Including Modster. Tough loss yes, but it's not a critical loss. If we're asking kids to Grayshirt to me it means we have a large class coming in next season. Including Keenan Walker who was a gray shirt this year i believe.

Hopefully the new guy on D can lure some fresh blood into the fold. We need some hungry kids

The sky is not falling
I totally agree. I'm sick of the chicken littles and their the sky is falling rant.
Newportcat

Post by Newportcat »

I am sick and have been sick of these type of posters when it comes to Arizona recruiting for many years

"I know these guys are not highly ranked but the rankings are worthless they must be #OKGs and they are all the next scooby wrights and I am so fired up to have these guys because Rich Rod is the master at finding diamonds in the rough just look at what he did at West Virginia like 25 years ago"

"Oh those #OKGs de-committed, well they actually sucked and were never going to play and not a critical loss so who cares, we didn't need them anyways, on to the finding the true #OKGs"
2004 First Team All American Football Poster as voted on by GOAZCATS
whatisee

Post by whatisee »

Mental
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

UAEebs86 wrote:
I'm surprised...he was right!!
Bangkok Wildcat

UAEebs86 wrote:
Good news indeed!
Fishclamps

Post by Fishclamps »

tgrumpy2 wrote:
whatisee wrote:The kids we lost can be replaced, and IMO were not going to play next year anyway. Including Modster. Tough loss yes, but it's not a critical loss. If we're asking kids to Grayshirt to me it means we have a large class coming in next season. Including Keenan Walker who was a gray shirt this year i believe.

The sky is not falling
I totally agree. I'm sick of the chicken littles and their the sky is falling rant.
Get used to it.
Newportcat

Post by Newportcat »

Fishclamps wrote:
tgrumpy2 wrote:

The sky is not falling
Get used to it.
Guys for the sky to be falling in recruiting it implies the sky was up at some point. It has never been up for Arizona football

You could make the argument that the sky is falling in the 2016 Arizona basketball recruiting class (I disagree with that too) but the sky was never up with Arizona football recruiting so therefore there are no chicken Littles and nothing is falling we are just having a very typical Arizona football recruiting class

No hopefully we end strong but seems difficult at this late point unless we land a d coach who brings in a bunch of guys he was already recruiting
Last edited by Newportcat on Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TuiTouchdown

Post by TuiTouchdown »

UAEebs86 wrote:
Sorry I'm not too good at reading into the Twitters, does that mean Tate has officially enrolled (or moved)? Or is he on another visit?
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

TuiTouchdown wrote:
UAEebs86 wrote:
Sorry I'm not too good at reading into the Twitters, does that mean Tate has officially enrolled (or moved)? Or is he on another visit?
He was in Scottsdale on his way to Tucson.
-JB
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

-JB
Newportcat

Post by Newportcat »

Told you guys that the coaches all read these boards

I really hope Tate works out at QB and makes Modster de-committing irrelevant. I would say he is the first QB we have taken who seems like the type of athlete who fits into our system but from what I have been told guy has a lot of work to do before becoming ready to be a PAC 12 QB

If only Matt Scott had more time with Rich Rod
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Why would Dudek worry and browse message boards? :lol:
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

What's with the pink A? Did he take his wife's hoodie by mistake?
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

chiefzona wrote:Why would Dudek worry and browse message boards? :lol:
Because he is smart...and I do not think it shows any signs of worrying.

He should want to know what the fanbase is thinking... (And more importantly) what recruits are reading when they visit them.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Harvey Specter wrote:

He should want to know what the fanbase is thinking... (And more importantly) what recruits are reading when they visit them.

The recruits could care less what message board affecianados are saying. They do their thing on Twitter. Player's Moms and Dads peruse the message boards but that's understandable. If RR was reading message boards, he would have fired Casteel two years ago. Ha. Dudek's job is recruiting and that has nothing to do with message boards. Funny.
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

chiefzona wrote:
Harvey Specter wrote:

The recruits could care less what message board affecianados are saying. They do their thing on Twitter. Player's Moms and Dads peruse the message boards but that's understandable. If RR was reading message boards, he would have fired Casteel two years ago. Ha. Dudek's job is recruiting and that has nothing to do with message boards. Funny.
So why do you think he reads them, then?
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Harvey Specter wrote:
chiefzona wrote:
Harvey Specter wrote:

So why do you think he reads them, then?
I know he's on Scout Premium. I don't know about any other boards. I think he likes to be entertained. He had made mention of message boards on his Twitter for awhile now. I think he is more interested in other mediums with finding out info about certain recruits, schools, coaches, games, and info as to offers and what schools they like. That's just doing your homework.
whatisee

Post by whatisee »

Offererd Jarrius Wallace a UCF commit
http://247sports.com/Player/Jarrius-Wallace-80073" target="_blank
Newportcat

Post by Newportcat »

Doesnt exactly have a stellar offer list

98th best player in state of Louisana
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Doesn't have stellar highlights. I'm wondering who is running the show.
catinfl

Post by catinfl »

Rich Rod and the remaining defensive staff offered these guys.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

catinfl wrote:Rich Rod and the remaining defensive staff offered these guys.

Ya, it's kind of scary. They have been tossing offers out like candy to some questionable talent.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

They offered some kid in Louisiana who was subsequently offered by both USC'S.
TuiTouchdown

Post by TuiTouchdown »

Meanwhile, looks like Josh Allen is going to be in town tomorrow:
catinfl

Post by catinfl »

chiefzona wrote:

Ya, it's kind of scary. They have been tossing offers out like candy to some questionable talent.
I assume you consider Wallace questionable. Who else? Honestly I don't really have a problem with guys like Addae offering kids he likes. We will see what the new DC will bring I assume he will want to bring some of his guys wherever he is from and he may not want to bring in these other guys. This next month is gonna be hectic, but I am excited. Once signing day is over than Spring Ball! Gonna make for a longer off-season afterwards, but I'm ecstatic.
catinfl

Post by catinfl »

TuiTouchdown wrote:Meanwhile, looks like Josh Allen is going to be in town tomorrow:

Hope he ends it.. Really could use him as he has 3 years to play which is a big deal.
catinfl

Post by catinfl »

chiefzona wrote:
Harvey Specter wrote:

I think he is on the premium sites to keep tabs on the guys he is going after. I'm sure he learns a lot about their plans to visit other schools and such through the articles because I doubt he talks about all their plans.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

catinfl wrote:
chiefzona wrote:

I assume you consider Wallace questionable. Who else? Honestly I don't really have a problem with guys like Addae offering kids he likes. We will see what the new DC will bring I assume he will want to bring some of his guys wherever he is from and he may not want to bring in these other guys. This next month is gonna be hectic, but I am excited. Once signing day is over than Spring Ball! Gonna make for a longer off-season afterwards, but I'm ecstatic.

Beal, Reid, Wallace, and the Doucet offer was questionable as well IMO.
whatisee

Post by whatisee »

Just offered JC CB Mike Daniels...looks like a big kid

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/4472785/hig ... 9004379/v2" target="_blank
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

whatisee wrote:Just offered JC CB Mike Daniels...looks like a big kid

I'm starting to see a slight trend here.
whatisee

Post by whatisee »

chiefzona wrote:

Big kids that can hit? I'm seeing the same trend
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

whatisee wrote:
chiefzona wrote:

No. Look at the offers.
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

chiefzona wrote:
whatisee wrote:
chiefzona wrote:

No. Look at the offers.
Another WVU offer. So you are implying that that Gibson will be the next DC.

I am not sure why you won't go on record with your prediction, unless I am reading it wrong.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

catinfl

Post by catinfl »

Gibson will not be the DC and I am confident in saying that.
carolinacat

Post by carolinacat »

Runs a 4.42 40. Why don't I believe those numbers? Did he have a tailwind?
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Gibson will not be the DC but there is a huge pissing contest between the schools right now and I think RR is using Gibson's eyes for help since his comfort zone has been rocked.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

chiefzona wrote:Gibson will not be the DC but there is a huge pissing contest between the schools right now and I think RR is using Gibson's eyes for help since his comfort zone has been rocked.
Please expand? Pissing contest between WVU and AZ and if so, why?
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

azcat49 wrote:
chiefzona wrote:Gibson will not be the DC but there is a huge pissing contest between the schools right now and I think RR is using Gibson's eyes for help since his comfort zone has been rocked.
Please expand? Pissing contest between WVU and AZ and if so, why?
WVU offered one of our commits so we offered one of theirs and its progressed from there.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
carolinacat

Post by carolinacat »

Shouldn't we be sending WVU a bouquet of flowers and chocolates after they spoiled ASU's chance at a winning season?
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

That is why it's a pissing contest? Teams do that every time and that includes us
azpenguin

Post by azpenguin »

If I remember right, Gibson left for WVU in kind of a scorched earth fashion.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

azpenguin wrote:If I remember right, Gibson left for WVU in kind of a scorched earth fashion.
And I don't think WVU has any love for RichRod.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?