Arizona/Washington 1992

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Spaceman Spiff

Arizona/Washington 1992

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Starts at 7 on P12 if anyone's interested. They're doing a game summary right now.
Saint James

Re: Arizona/Washington 1992

Post by Saint James »

I watched this game again. I was at the game and remember that we won and the score. however, watching again on TV, even though I knew the result, it was painful to watch our offense. Tomey's offense was offensive and, I beleive, costs us at least two chances to win the conference.

Watching the game again, it seems to me we were lucky to win because UW dropped a TD pass and had other miscues.
CryptoCat

Post by CryptoCat »

Saint James wrote:I watched this game again. I was at the game and remember that we won and the score. however, watching again on TV, even though I knew the result, it was painful to watch our offense. Tomey's offense was offensive and, I beleive, costs us at least two chances to win the conference.

Watching the game again, it seems to me we were lucky to win because UW dropped a TD pass and had other miscues.
A team with Tomey's D and RichRod's O would be mighty hard to beat.
TuiTouchdown

Post by TuiTouchdown »

I saw that the 2010 UA/ASU game was on. At first, I was like YEAH FOOTBALL! But then I remembered what happened in that game. And I quickly shut it off.
ghostwhitehorse

Post by ghostwhitehorse »

CryptoCat wrote:
Saint James wrote:I watched this game again. I was at the game and remember that we won and the score. however, watching again on TV, even though I knew the result, it was painful to watch our offense. Tomey's offense was offensive and, I beleive, costs us at least two chances to win the conference.

A team with Tomey's D and RichRod's O would be mighty hard to beat.
Lets see. . . Matt Scott/K'Boom/AHill on O with Brew/Waldrop/Bouie on D. . . 'bama would deuce themselves.
Sage&Silver

Post by Sage&Silver »

I think I remember him making an appearance last season, but that was many many beers ago. Does anyone know what Tomey's relationship with UA is?

It would be nice (especially as some of his players are coming around more) if UAFB embraced the Desert Swarm like Miller has done with hoops. With the age of past coaches and players, it is a good time to capitalize on that era.

It's kind of a sweet spot where it was so good it's worth spotlighting, but not so great (Rose Bowl) it overshadows the excitement for this coaching staff.
azpenguin

Post by azpenguin »

I don't know what his relationship with the university is, but he still has great relationships with his former players (and he's still going to bat for them when needed.)
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

I saw Dick Tomey at the UA-Miami basketball game in Honolulu last season. He was talking to Greg Byrne at one point-seemed to be having a good time. Wilma's Pimp went over and talked to him.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion