79 Days Keenan Walker

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

ANGCatFan

79 Days Keenan Walker

Post by ANGCatFan »

79 is an open roster spot so I'll look at one of the new players.

Walker is a 6-5, 282, Freshman offensive lineman from Chaparral HS, Scottsdale, AZ. The highest rated recruit of the class and one of the top players in Arizona, Walker may not play this year (he tore his ACL in an All-Star game), but should be a key part of the offensive line for the future. He was an Under Armour All-American, All-State, and had all the other honors that comes with being one of the top lineman in the country. Here is the what AZ Desert Swarm wrote about Walker on signing day:
Walker possesses an abundance of natural strength. Pair that with his natural athletic ability, and the potential for Walker is boundless. Walker's lean body figure will allow room to bulk up, which will only contribute more to his, already, freakish strength. However, it seems at times Walker might rely too heavily on his hulk-like strength, forgetting about his technique and pad level; sometimes losing balance, lunging to deliver that killer blow. Good news is these are all easily correctable with offensive line coach Jim Michalczik, and come fall, I do not see it being an issue. Keenan's strength and athleticism will be crucial as he anchors the offensive line in Arizona's quest to become Pac-12 Champions.

Quotes from his OKG Day bio:
“Keenan is a great kid for any college football team. He’s a 6-6, 285-pound guy that has the killer instinct to be successful at an elite college level. He plays the game how it is supposed to be played. He is aggressive and has a great work ethic. He has the correct 1v1 mindset to make tackles. From the years I had the chance to coach him, he has turned into one heck of a football player.” – Chaparral HS Coach Conrad Hamilton

“Keenan has great athletic ability. He is ultra competitive and a hard worker. He has a tremendous upside that can bring a lot to our football program.” – UA Coach Jim Michalczik

“Keenan has a ton of upside. He had an unfortunate accident and tore his ACL in the Under Armour All-American Game but he’s a very highly coveted prospect with offers from everybody. I really think that he can be a dominating factor for us for many years to come.” – UA Coach Charlie Ragle

79 is also the number of field goals Max Zendajas had in his career at Arizona to set the record for the most field goals in school history.