33 Scooby Wright III

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

tgrumpy2

Re: 33 Scooby Wright III

Post by tgrumpy2 »

MrBug708 wrote:
tgrumpy2 wrote:Some of you folks have some real strange logic. It was a absolute mistake for Scooby to come out early. This was not a case of an athlete who's value was extremely high and by staying in college another year and risking injury he could lessen his value. This is an athlete that was already injured and his value was low for other reasons as well. What if he did stay and he did get hurt? Guess what Scooby had a redshirt year coming, he would have had yet another chance. Now if he gets hurt in an NFL camp, he's done. No guaranteed money, he's out. He gets to keep his bonus but at the level he's entering the NFL he would owe most of his bonus back to his agent for the money he was fronted. I dearly want Scooby to succeed but he should have stayed another year.
Redshirt don't work like that. If he blows out his knee in week 5 or later, he can't redshirt, it's essentially done. At this point, being undrafted is a better situation so he can pick where he wants to go
Scooby never took a redshirt year. He had one coming. Maybe had he stayed they would have applied for it his junior year but as of the time he left school, he had a redshirt year coming.
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

When was the last time we had a player picked in the first 3 rounds of the draft... Foles? And before that... Gronk?

The lack of elite talent this program has had is depressing.

Any guesses who the next player selected in the first 2 days of the draft draft? Is he in the program yet? If Nick Wilson were to stay heathy for an entire season I think he is the only player that has a chance.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Harvey Specter wrote:When was the last time we had a player picked in the first 3 rounds of the draft... Foles? And before that... Gronk?

Any guesses who the next player selected in the first 2 days of the draft draft? Is he in the program yet? If Nick Wilson were to stay heathy for an entire season I think he is the only player that has a chance.

Michael Eletise would be my guess. Maybe Keenan Walker if he gets healthy, or Magloire if he has a great season next year.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

tgrumpy2 wrote:
MrBug708 wrote:
tgrumpy2 wrote:Some of you folks have some real strange logic. It was a absolute mistake for Scooby to come out early. This was not a case of an athlete who's value was extremely high and by staying in college another year and risking injury he could lessen his value. This is an athlete that was already injured and his value was low for other reasons as well. What if he did stay and he did get hurt? Guess what Scooby had a redshirt year coming, he would have had yet another chance. Now if he gets hurt in an NFL camp, he's done. No guaranteed money, he's out. He gets to keep his bonus but at the level he's entering the NFL he would owe most of his bonus back to his agent for the money he was fronted. I dearly want Scooby to succeed but he should have stayed another year.
Redshirt don't work like that. If he blows out his knee in week 5 or later, he can't redshirt, it's essentially done. At this point, being undrafted is a better situation so he can pick where he wants to go
Scooby never took a redshirt year. He had one coming. Maybe had he stayed they would have applied for it his junior year but as of the time he left school, he had a redshirt year coming.
He wasn't eligible for a RS his JR. He could only have gotten one if he got hurt in the first 4 games of his SR year.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

-JB
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

UAEebs86 wrote:
Well that sucks
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Damn he would've been better off with the Cardinals
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Wonder if there has ever been a top award winner of all those LB awards not drafted? Scooby came close
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

ASUHATER! wrote:Damn he would've been better off with the Cardinals
My god, that may be the first time I've ever heard someone say this. How the world has changed.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

azcat49 wrote:Wonder if there has ever been a top award winner of all those LB awards not drafted? Scooby came close
Pat Fitzgerald was
2x Bronko Nagurski Trophy (1995–1996)
2x Chuck Bednarik Award (1995–1996)
2x Big Ten Defensive Player of the Year
Sid

Post by Sid »

Harvey Specter wrote:When was the last time we had a player picked in the first 3 rounds of the draft... Foles? And before that... Gronk?

I would think Griffey if he has the kind of upcoming season I'm hoping for. Great kid, outstanding pedigree and will be the go to guy. Needs to stay healthy which unfortunately, is a uphill battle for our players.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

MrBug708 wrote:
azcat49 wrote:Wonder if there has ever been a top award winner of all those LB awards not drafted? Scooby came close
Pat Fitzgerald was
2x Bronko Nagurski Trophy (1995–1996)
2x Chuck Bednarik Award (1995–1996)
2x Big Ten Defensive Player of the Year
Did he decide not to play pro football and coach instead?
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

There isn't much about it but he tried to make a roster but in camp performed horribly
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

MrBug708 wrote:There isn't much about it but he tried to make a roster but in camp performed horribly
Read a quote where he signed with Dallas, cut in spring training, then went to New Orleans when Ditka was coach.

He ran so poorly Ditka pulled him aside and told he better find an another way to make a living.
splitsecond

Post by splitsecond »

He fits the Cardinals defensive scheme PERFECTLY. If we had another pick I think we would have taken him.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

splitsecond wrote:
He fits the Cardinals defensive scheme PERFECTLY. If we had another pick I think we would have taken him.
4 more picks without his name being called he would have signed a free agent contract with the Cardinals.

Better off being undrafted than the 5th bottom player drafted/
splitsecond

Post by splitsecond »

Merkin wrote:
splitsecond wrote:
4 more picks without his name being called he would have signed a free agent contract with the Cardinals.

Better off being undrafted than the 5th bottom player drafted/
I actually believe that the Browns have the best coaching staff they have had in a really long time - since the Belichick era actually. Scooby should do well in Ray Horton's scheme. Their success depends on how long the ownership and management can stay out of their way and let them build the pieces before going balls to the wall to try and find a QB. It would be pretty cool to see Scooby be the centerpiece of a successful rebuild there. He has the potential to be what Adrian Wilson was to the Cardinals. But that all depends on what ownership and management does. Hue Jackson and Ray Horton will not be the cause of that rebuild failing.
BBQ wildcat

Post by BBQ wildcat »

If the Cardinals really wanted him, they had plenty of draft opportunities. Glad he didn't end up with them.

F*ck the Phoenix Cardinals. They should have stayed in St. Louis and let Arizona have the opportunity to get an expansion team -- which we were fairly close to doing.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

-JB
Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

UAEebs86 wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 12:48 pm
A great athlete and I'll always root for Scooby, but if he doesn't have some wrestling experience, this might be a tough hill to climb.
2020 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2018 BEARDOWN WILDCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
2017 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2013 GOAZCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
ghostwhitehorse

Post by ghostwhitehorse »

Carcassdragger wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 2:41 pm
A great athlete and I'll always root for Scooby, but if he doesn't have some wrestling experience, this might be a tough hill to climb.
More on this: https://www.azdesertswarm.com/procats/2 ... iguez-2022

Technical Note: The Rock played for the 'Canes back in the '90's . . .
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Can't imagine colleges will be too pleased with this. I imagine the other NLI (National Letter of Intent) will not allow this, or if so, no longer requires the school to honor the scholarship or provide medical care if they do get injured. Even pro athletes aren't permitted to do dangerous activities such as ride motorcycles. Right Bobby?

The WWE is also interested in partnering with current college athletes through its Next In Line NIL program.
Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

ghostwhitehorse wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:29 am
Carcassdragger wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 2:41 pm
More on this: https://www.azdesertswarm.com/procats/2 ... iguez-2022

Technical Note: The Rock played for the 'Canes back in the '90's . . .
I was talking about mixed martial arts real fighting and real wrestling- not fake nonsense wrestling.
2020 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2018 BEARDOWN WILDCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
2017 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2013 GOAZCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

What’s he up to? I don’t get it