Post by azgreg »

SCCats

Re: Game #10 @ USC Trojans Discussion Thread

Post by SCCats »

O/U 49 points allowed
azpenguin

Post by azpenguin »

Watch this be the game Arizona catches fire and either loses a close one or wins a stunner because #pac12afterdark.

Not saying that's what's going to happen. Just been a strange enough season.
MrMeow

Post by MrMeow »

azpenguin wrote:Watch this be the game Arizona catches fire and either loses a close one or wins a stunner because #pac12afterdark.

Not saying that's what's going to happen. Just been a strange enough season.
This is one of the best parts of being a true fan of one team, good or bad. Always fun to anticipate ... and hope springs eternal. Go Cats!
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Better defensive matchup and better weather and possibly healthier players. We'll score more...but still get blown out. Thinking a like 51-24 score.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
WildcatStunner

Post by WildcatStunner »

Here comes the pain.
Newportcat

Post by Newportcat »

If UW put up 49 on us, USC should put up 1000?

This is going to be Awful and I will be there in Full U of A gear praying for a miracle
2004 First Team All American Football Poster as voted on by GOAZCATS
UALoco

Post by UALoco »

Team sucking, coach possibly leaving, recruits decommiting..and we have to play the Trojans. If that isn't the epitome of a dumpster fire, I don't know what is.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Rich Rod has lost the players. It would be fun to see anything competitive.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

I see about 52-27
Catstatic

Post by Catstatic »

UALoco wrote:Team sucking, coach possibly leaving, recruits decommiting..and we have to play the Trojans. If that isn't the epitome of a dumpster fire, I don't know what is.
And they're the ones who just fired their coach! :? Crazy.

Go Cats!!
catinfl

Post by catinfl »

we have absolutely no business winning this game, which might be why we win this game.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

USC is @CU after the UA game. Buffs gave UCLA a good game, but can't imagine USC looking ahead to them.

SC is going to bring it hard and fast to UA to knock the sails out of the team like UDub did.
azpenguin

Post by azpenguin »

chiefzona wrote:Rich Rod has lost the players.
That's quite a bold statement.
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

azpenguin wrote:
49 points allowed on D

3 points scored on O

Against a team that had been 1-3 in PAC play.

Now I'm not saying one thing or another about chief's statement, but I will say this: imagine if that was the result and he hasn't lost the players? That would mean there's potentially more downside to come...

/shudder
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

azpenguin wrote:
Defense certainly quit on him out there v. UDub.

Didn't see all that much quit in the offense, but maybe handing off up the middle to Baker for 1 or 2 yards is perhaps their way of just getting the game over with. After all, it is a zone read offense.
azpenguin

Post by azpenguin »

Juju Smith-Schuster having surgery for a broken hand today. Status hasn't been made known yet for Saturday but there's a chance he plays.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

azpenguin wrote:

It's actually not. There are some locker room problems and fights and arguments between some players and the trainers.
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

chiefzona wrote:
azpenguin wrote:

It's actually not. There are some locker room problems and fights and arguments between some players and the trainers.

Not surprising. That is usually what happens when a season goes into the crapper.
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

UAdevil wrote:
chiefzona wrote:
azpenguin wrote:

Not surprising. That is usually what happens when a season goes into the crapper.

Very true. There are some pissed off parents. Injuries not being dealt with properly and some players are afraid to address it with staff for fear of retaliation.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

This I can believe. I still think whoever cleared Scooby after the first injury needs to have the case go to peer review.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

CalStateTempe wrote:This I can believe. I still think whoever cleared Scooby after the first injury needs to have the case go to peer review.
Totally agreed CST.
catinfl

Post by catinfl »

Scooby's knee was fine and he was moving good and he injured a different leg and he injured his foot. Both not related in the slightest. Not a trainer error just bad luck.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Scooby said his knee was even stronger than before the injury, so it's not like a Gronk thing.
UALoco

Post by UALoco »

Aren't the parents always pissed? Anyways, I think USC scores at will. 55 pts maybe. UA will struggle again at offense. I say they get two field goals after USC knocks Anu out of the game and loads up the box against JR. I hope I am wrong and there is a miracle in Watts. BearDown.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Going to be tough for Solomon and Randall with these hurting.

11/01/15 RB Nick Wilson Foot "?" Saturday vs. USC
11/01/15 DL Parker Zellers Knee "?" Saturday vs. USC
11/01/15 WR Tyrell Johnson Hamstring "?" Saturday vs. USC
Salty

Post by Salty »

chiefzona wrote:
UAdevil wrote:
chiefzona wrote:
azpenguin wrote:

Very true. There are some pissed off parents. Injuries not being dealt with properly and some players are afraid to address it with staff for fear of retaliation.
Quit trying to stir the pot.

RR ain't getting fired. If he leaves, this program will deal with it.

But as for now, trying add drama to the situation helps nobody and is a testament to your lack of character.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Salty-With the derailment that you are watching in front of you and a flat out refusal to change stagnant staff, it's funny why you would think that someone needs to stir the pot when said pot is already boiling.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

chiefzona wrote: Injuries not being dealt with properly and some players are afraid to address it with staff for fear of retaliation.
This is quite the accusation, and if true, is the type of thing that gets coaches fired and ncaa sanctions handed down, isn't it?
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

Salty

Post by Salty »

PieceOfMeat wrote:
chiefzona wrote: Injuries not being dealt with properly and some players are afraid to address it with staff for fear of retaliation.
This is quite the accusation, and if true, is the type of thing that gets coaches fired and ncaa sanctions handed down, isn't it?
This is simply Chief trying to create chaos and distrust within the program.

It's highly unlikely that there is any truth to what Chief is saying, and if there is, it's just the product of individuals who are frustrated with what has happened this season, mixed with those who want a regime change.

This does absolutely nothing to help the program whatsoever. Chief, the reality is that RR is our coach, and will be unless he decides to leave. What you are doing is actively hurting ARIZONA, not RR. As of right now, what we need to do is let him sort out whatever problems the program is facing with all his energy.

You are not helping. You are actively hurting this school and its future, regardless of whether or not RR is the coach.
UALoco

Post by UALoco »

Folks need to calm down. The team has hit a tough string with scheduling, injuries, poor play, and some coaching mistakes. It happens. I do agree that our defense needs some changes but I am not for calling for RR to be replaced. Changing coaches so fast will cause more chaos and let the next staff know that the AD isn't supportive and we'll only attract ladder climbers. I don't think we've let RR's plan run its course to see the heights it may achieve. When folks are healthier, some recruiting hits, and a better schedule, this team can make some noise, which frankly is all we really should expect given the program's inherent potential, location, place in college football. Greg and RR, I got your back. Keep plugging away. I'll support this team through thick or thin. (I might whine about the team but I'll always support it) Oh, if RR quits, that is fine..we'll take the $$ and give it to the next coach. If we fire him, he gets some of it.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

I put zero stock into ANYTHING people say on this board who fit into any of these three categories.

1) people who only post during the tough times
2) people who contradict themselves consistently
3) people who show no ability to comprehend anything and usually have no clue about the topics

Chief falls into all three.

Now for the game, a lot depends on pride of the players and coaches. RR seems to have one foot out the door but what about the players and assistant coaches? I don't know if the fire is back. If it is I say USC wins a close one. If not I could see a 20 to 24 point game in favor of the trojans
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

The only way RR is fired is if a) he is interviewing at other schools without Greg's permission and knowledge or b) he is committing NCAA rules violations.
azpenguin

Post by azpenguin »

I don't buy the line of thinking that RR already has one foot out the door. I watched the presser yesterday and he looked like someone who was searching for answers and frustrated, not someone who is disinterested. Someone asked what it would take for Samajie Grant to be what he was last year and RR stood up for him. (After some of Grant's mistakes during games it would have been easy to light him up.) Talked about pushing the guys through adversity, said that when things get hard you either fight, flight or freeze and that they were working on pushing the guys to fight because people typically freeze when it gets tough. Said he's already watched the UW film multiple times before the meeting and then had the entire offense watch it together, something they don't normally do. No formulaic answers in the presser. Doesn't sound like someone who is disinterested to the point of being out the door.

As for Tagaloa and Alsadek, I am not certain but Tagaloa was having his leg iced late. Alsadek went for concussion protocol during the game. I'd guess that's the issues and if Alsadek did get diagnosed with a concussion then I doubt we see him this week.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

A presser is way different than obligitory interviews and even in the presser he did not squash the rumors. It would be different if there was just one school he was rumored for but it is three or four here.
catinfl

Post by catinfl »

PHXCATS wrote:A presser is way different than obligitory interviews and even in the presser he did not squash the rumors. It would be different if there was just one school he was rumored for but it is three or four here.
Furente at Memphis is rumored with like 7 jobs. Speculation is gonna happen regardless can't stop it. How many coaches have straight up denied interest than ended up taking said job? I don't have a problem with what was said.
azpenguin

Post by azpenguin »

He can't squash the rumors or even address certain ones directly. A denial that he would be interested wouldn't cool things down at all for the press.
eoe

Post by eoe »

Salty wrote:

But as for now, trying add drama to the situation helps nobody and is a testament to your lack of character.
Yep, just a prick getting his shots in at the expense of the football program. No need to air laundry
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

chiefzona wrote:Salty-With the derailment that you are watching in front of you and a flat out refusal to change stagnant staff, it's funny why you would think that someone needs to stir the pot when said pot is already boiling.
Chief, you're glib...

Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Sid

Post by Sid »

I will have the pleasure of sitting behind our bench in enemy territory on Saturday. Not really looking forward to the game, tailgating yes, the game, not so much.....
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

I wonder where our leadership is coming from? I just fon't see anyone stepping up and leading player wise.

On offense it's not Anu or Wilson and it certainly is not Jones. I think last year Gurrola did a great job getting guys focused and I think we are missing that.

As for defense, man I just don't know. Too many guys in and out. Scooby and Turituri were leaders but they can't do it from the sideline.

As for RR, not sure what he could say about the rumors. If he wants to go he is probably pissed this is happening. We may be grousing about this year but to me that is a positive as it points to an uptick in expectations. 3 straight bowls and 26 wins along with a south title will do that.
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

Chicat wrote:
chiefzona wrote:Salty-With the derailment that you are watching in front of you and a flat out refusal to change stagnant staff, it's funny why you would think that someone needs to stir the pot when said pot is already boiling.
Chief, you're glib...

You sure he isn't being smug? :D
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

PieceOfMeat wrote:

Not at all.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Nick Wilson isn't traveling with the team to USC and at least is out for two games. I wouldn't be surprised if he was out for the season. USC is practicing running a 3-4 to take out the middle, stop the run and force the QBs to pass.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

eoe wrote:
Salty wrote:

Yep, just a prick getting his shots in at the expense of the football program. No need to air laundry

A prick? No. I'm just being informative.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

PHXCATS wrote:I put zero stock into ANYTHING people say on this board who fit into any of these three categories.

1) people who only post during the tough times
2) people who contradict themselves consistently
3) people who show no ability to comprehend anything and usually have no clue about the topics

Chief falls into all three.

Now for the game, a lot depends on pride of the players and coaches. RR seems to have one foot out the door but what about the players and assistant coaches? I don't know if the fire is back. If it is I say USC wins a close one. If not I could see a 20 to 24 point game in favor of the trojans

I don't post on any board too much. I'm a free agent. I post on Twitter all of the time so that all can see. I don't hide or chince on what I feel or know on subjects. You saying that I have no clue on the topics is pretty funny. Relax a bit and stop being afraid to face the truth. :)
azpenguin

Post by azpenguin »

Well, you're certainly consistent...
catinfl

Post by catinfl »

chiefzona wrote:
eoe wrote:
Salty wrote:

Being informative by bashing the program every chance you get?
@Chiefzona1472
So no Casteel has been fired announcement? Bye Rich and thanks for the Rod.
‏@Chiefzona1472 Nov 2
Steve Chief Burt Retweeted Zack Rosenblatt
Kill the Zone Read Option and go pro style. That'll solve it. Throw in a couple of bootlegs and play actions.
Chiefzona1472 Nov 1
Arizona needs a coach who taps into SoCal, runs zero gimmicks, loves defense, and recruits QBs who can lead receivers and hit them in stride
@Chiefzona1472 Nov 1
Steve Chief Burt Retweeted Bruce Feldman
Va Tech for RR. Best part for him is that the Alumnus and boosters can stick with mediocrity for a spell.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

catinfl wrote:
chiefzona wrote:
eoe wrote:
Salty wrote:

Being informative by bashing the program every chance you get?
@Chiefzona1472
So no Casteel has been fired announcement? Bye Rich and thanks for the Rod.
‏@Chiefzona1472 Nov 2
Steve Chief Burt Retweeted Zack Rosenblatt
Kill the Zone Read Option and go pro style. That'll solve it. Throw in a couple of bootlegs and play actions.
Chiefzona1472 Nov 1
Arizona needs a coach who taps into SoCal, runs zero gimmicks, loves defense, and recruits QBs who can lead receivers and hit them in stride
@Chiefzona1472 Nov 1
Steve Chief Burt Retweeted Bruce Feldman
Va Tech for RR. Best part for him is that the Alumnus and boosters can stick with mediocrity for a spell.
I've helped the program with way more than I hurt it. You do know that I am a part of the Letterwinners club and friends with many ex Cats football players. I do not like the 3-3-5 nor the Zone Read Option and I have never hid that fact as you know CFL. I will always speak my mind about that. You know this as you have been on the boards that I have as well as followed me on Twitter. I am well connected in SoCal HS football and I have spoken highly of Arizona until recently. I am very angry about the fact that RR refuses to budge on Casteel and some of the positional coaches. Until he does, I have very little that's nice to say. I'm connected with the program and I hear the buzz and right now it's unfavorable to say the least. Keep up the good work CFL.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

FWIW....I just talked an Arizona player out of transferring. I believe he'll start next season. His parents are irate and frustrated and needed my counsel. He is going to stay and I think he'll be a good one. See, I'm not too bad of a guy. :D