Anthony Smith Convicted of Murder

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

threenumberones

Anthony Smith Convicted of Murder

Post by threenumberones »

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/former-rai ... 25669.html
Former Raiders defensive end Anthony Smith was convicted on three counts of murder Thursday afternoon.

A jury found Smith guilty in the 1999 double murder of brothers Ricky and Kevin Nettles as well as a 2001 murder of Dennis Henderson. Both of these incidents took place in Los Angeles. He was facing a fourth murder charge for the 2008 killing of Maurilio Ponce in Antelope Valley, but that case was declared a mistrial.
Merkin

Re: Anthony Smith Convicted of Murder

Post by Merkin »

Guess we can't use the Loren wade card now on asu
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Wade did it when he on on the team.

Smith did it 20 years later. Whole different story. Not great for UA, but nowhere near the magnitude of the stain Wade left on ASU. Which, I must add is a wholly different kind of stain than the kind Coutney Simpson left around campus.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
desertdave

Post by desertdave »

Man, what a bummer. Smith was one of my favorite players while I attended the UA. I remember following his progress with the Raiders in preseason games while I worked in Idaho. I remember he went out of his way for kids in need of help.

Hopefully he gets the help he needs to readjust whatever went haywire in his brain.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Wasn't he only on the team for a year? Bama transfer or something?
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
KaibabKat

Post by KaibabKat »

Yes. Yes.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Man, that's crazy. Three, possibly, four murders.
Right where I want to be.
ALCAT

Post by ALCAT »

Puerco wrote:Wasn't he only on the team for a year? Bama transfer or something?
http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2015 ... aft_p.html

"Smith played as a defensive lineman for Alabama from 1985 through 1987 before transferring to Arizona and earning All-Pac-10 recognition in 1989. "

When Alabama coach Ray Perkins left to coach the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, after Anthony's junior year, Anthony transferred to the University of Arizona.