Dear Coach Rodriguez

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Chicat

Dear Coach Rodriguez

Post by Chicat »

Dear Coach,

Not so casual fan here. First off, I wanted to start out by saying that I like you a lot. You seem like a really personable guy and your offensive system is pretty exciting and fun to watch. That being said, your defense is a joke and your recruiting hasn't been stellar, but I digress.

I'm writing you today to let you know that I'm glad you're still our coach. That being said, if you don't get at least 9 wins next year: with one against ASU and one in a pretty good bowl game, I hope you are unceremoniously fired.

You see, I'm an Arizona football fan so I'm not expecting conference or national championships. I do expect though for you to recruit halfway decent players, win more than you lose in conference, and not to flirt with every open job out there. You've failed pretty much at all three.

So good luck in the bowl game. After we win, I don't want to hear anything from you until spring ball. Then next season you need to win and stay loyal to the your current employer. If you can't, there's the door. Try not to fall into a saguaro or any prickly pears on your way out of town.

Sincerely,

- A Fan With No Patience or Forgivenness Left
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
OSUCat

Re: Dear Coach Rodriguez

Post by OSUCat »

co-signed.
Formerly Lynx Rufus.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Glad he's staying. Absolutely no problem with him interviewing. It's how the business works and people that are having hissy fits over him interviewing need to get a damn grip. That said, I can see him being on the hot seat if we only win ~6 games and lose to asu next year. We do need to fire casteel and get a real defense. I have no problems with anything RR has done. He just needs to fire casteel
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

You're all starting to sound like me. Scary.
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

Well I'm glad that he decide it to stay at Arizona and continue to coach our program. But it was of bitch that he couldn't say this sooner. Let hope we do well in the bowl game and put this aside.
Last edited by cordera89 on Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

chiefzona wrote:You're all starting to sound like me. Scary.
Except you were wrong but ok

ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

cordera89 wrote:Well I'm glad that he decide it to stay at Arizona and continue to coach our program. But it was bitch that he couldn't say this sooner. Let hope we do well in the bowl game and put this aside.
How could he say it sooner when he just interviewed?

chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

ASUHATER! wrote:

What was I wrong about?
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

cordera89 wrote:Well I'm glad that he decide it to stay at Arizona and continue to coach our program. But it was bitch that he couldn't say this sooner. Let hope we do well in the bowl game and put this aside.
Wut?
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

chiefzona wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:

What was I wrong about?
Pretty much everything recently

chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

ASUHATER! wrote:
chiefzona wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:

What was I wrong about?

Oh yeah. Anything specific?
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

scumdevils86 wrote:
Wut?
Don't start this crap.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

chiefzona wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:
chiefzona wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:

What was I wrong about?

Yeah. Everything. Can you puff your chest out about your access and insider knowledge some more for me? Make yourself feel a little more important? Even though you're just a random internet poster like me?

JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

This is about right.

For the love of God, fix the fucking defense. Fix the shit out of it. Whatever it takes.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

I can see why you would say that, but notice I called myself a "fan" not a "self-promoter who pretends to have insight into the program to impress a few people on the Internet".

Common mistake.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

ASUHATER! wrote:
chiefzona wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:

Yeah. Everything. Can you puff your chest out about your access and insider knowledge some more for me? Make yourself feel a little more important? Even though you're just a random internet poster like me?
[/quote]

You're really bothered, aren't you? Yet, like me you are calling for Casteel's head. I'm thinking you should change your name to Chiefhater. That would make us both happy. Here's a hug. Lighten up buddy....there is a long offseason ahead!
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Wahhh says chief. Doesn't like it when people call out his insatiable desire for approval and love on the interests.
Last edited by ASUHATER! on Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Chicat wrote:
I can see why you would say that, but notice I called myself a "fan" not a "self-promoter who pretends to have insight into the program to impress a few people on the Internet".

Common mistake.

Oh contrare. You've promoted your legalities. You've also promoted the fact that you agree with me in some things of late. Also, some state I'm never on this message board so where exactly am I self-promoting?
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

ASUHATER! wrote:Wahhh says chief. Doesn't like it when people call out his insatiable desire for approval and love on the interests.

I'd be in here a lot if that were the case, right.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

chiefzona wrote:
Chicat wrote:

Common mistake.

Oh contrare. You've promoted your legalities. You've also promoted the fact that you agree with me in some things of late. Also, some state I'm never on this message board so where exactly am I self-promoting?
- Legalities? No idea what you're talking about.
- Agree with you? When have I ever said, "I agree with Chief"?
- You told us that the 250 bots that follow you on Twitter would simply be lost without you.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Chicat wrote:
chiefzona wrote:
Chicat wrote:

Common mistake.

- You told us that the 250 bots that follow you on Twitter would simply be lost without you.
No, I said 3 and that you were 4 but unfollowed me. You are an attorney, right?
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

chiefzona wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:Wahhh says chief. Doesn't like it when people call out his insatiable desire for approval and love on the interests.

Dude all you do on this board is pretend to be some insider in order to get approval and internet points. That's all you do.

chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

ASUHATER! wrote:
chiefzona wrote:

Dude all you do on this board is pretend to be some insider in order to get approval and internet points. That's all you do.

Do you have any facts to support this? When have I ever stated I was an insider on this forum? Approval? I get blasted more than anyone. It's more like me being sadistic. Haha. Internet points? I'll take money over that any day.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

chiefzona wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:
chiefzona wrote:

Do you have any facts to support this? When have I ever stated I was an insider on this forum? Approval? I get blasted more than anyone. It's more like me being sadistic. Haha. Internet points? I'll take money over that any day.
Facts? Go read your posts. There's your facts.

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

chiefzona wrote:
Chicat wrote:
chiefzona wrote:
Chicat wrote:

Common mistake.

Not even close.
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

This thread isn't about a poster, so the self-centered personalities can kindly keep their narcissism to themselves.

This thread is a petition in support of honest Wildcat football, and I co-sign as well.

That last Rich Rodriguez tweet was one of the phoniest I've ever seen, but he'll have my support as long as he challenges for the South title and beats ASU next year.

Otherwise, got no sympathy for the man. I actually know what it means to Bear Down. He better find out quick, before he sinks his legacy.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

ASUHATER! wrote:
chiefzona wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:
chiefzona wrote:

Facts? Go read your posts. There's your facts.
I've never stated I was an insider. I don't know where you're picking that up. You just seem to be angry guy that wants me off his lawn.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Chicat wrote:
chiefzona wrote:
Chicat wrote:
chiefzona wrote:
Chicat wrote:[quote="chiefzona

Not even close.
Well, you should be cause you're full of it. Gotcha! Lead our chant Chi! Fire Casteel!!!!
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

catgrad97 wrote:This thread isn't about a poster, so the self-centered personalities can kindly keep their narcissism to themselves.

This thread is a petition in support of honest Wildcat football, and I co-sign as well.

That last Rich Rodriguez tweet was one of the phoniest I've ever seen, but he'll have my support as long as he challenges for the South title and beats ASU next year.

Otherwise, got no sympathy for the man. I actually know what it means to Bear Down. He better find out quick, before he sinks his legacy.
Yep. The cards are on the table. The only thing I care about now is our overall, conference, rivalry, and bowl records. If those don't improve in a goddamn hurry, RR can whip/nae nae his disloyal ass right out of the Old Pueblo.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

I honestly don't understand why turning down a job to stay here makes you disloyal. It makes you way more loyal in my opinion. Him turning down an sec job gives him major brownie points in my book.

azpenguin

Post by azpenguin »

Columbia puts him in an area he loves, would have put him in front of 80,000 fans every home game, would have paid him handsomely, would have put him in an area that he could hit the ground recruiting, would be able to deliver bigger and better facilities, would have gotten a lot more exposure and not screwed over by the conference. He turned it down but hell, why wouldn't he at least listen?

Lute turned down Kentucky, arguably the most storied program in the country, to stay here. I don't recall people calling him disloyal back then. He turned them down twice. Had this happened in this day and age he would have been clobbered on the message boards and social media. I don't see that RR has been shopping himself around. Programs being interested in him doesn't mean he's looking to get out, and neither does listening to what they have to say. He hasn't misled the fan base ("oh, I'm not interested in anything else right now," etc.)

What is true is that winning cures all. Expectations are up from usual and they should be. I don't think very many programs can deal with the amount of injuries and a no-bye week schedule without losing some games, so he gets a pass from me for this year. Part of that is the heart the team showed in the last three games when people were saying they had quit. Now if the program regresses in the next couple of years, then yeah there's a problem. But it's one more game then on to 2016, so lets go from there.

The people who were saying Byrne should fire RR dont understand that it would be a stupid move to have done so. You do that and you've crippled your future because you're paying RR for the next few years and that's going to severely limit what you can pay a new coach. He also would have gotten a pro-rated share of the retention monies.
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

Chicat wrote:Dear Coach,

Not so casual fan here. First off, I wanted to start out by saying that I like you a lot. You seem like a really personable guy and your offensive system is pretty exciting and fun to watch. That being said, your defense is a joke and your recruiting hasn't been stellar, but I digress.

I'm writing you today to let you know that I'm glad you're still our coach. That being said, if you don't get at least 9 wins next year: with one against ASU and one in a pretty good bowl game, I hope you are unceremoniously fired.

You see, I'm an Arizona football fan so I'm not expecting conference or national championships. I do expect though for you to recruit halfway decent players, win more than you lose in conference, and not to flirt with every open job out there. You've failed pretty much at all three.

So good luck in the bowl game. After we win, I don't want to hear anything from you until spring ball. Then next season you need to win and stay loyal to the your current employer. If you can't, there's the door. Try not to fall into a saguaro or any prickly pears on your way out of town.

Sincerely,

- A Fan With No Patience or Forgivenness Left
BRAVO - I am giving you a standing O right now.

I am not sure how we could have had a number of disagreements in the final stages of this ordeal... because quite candidly, your statement above could not more aptly capture my feelings at this juncture.

I might even be a bit more lenient. I will be satisfied with 8 wins in the regular season, with us being at least competitive in all our losses (No blowouts). We make a good bowl game and I can deal with a loss... just so long as we don't embarrass ourselves.

Well done, Chi.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

ASUHATER! wrote:I honestly don't understand why turning down a job to stay here makes you disloyal. It makes you way more loyal in my opinion. Him turning down an sec job gives him major brownie points in my book.
His disloyalty is not in turning down another job, but in putting himself up for what is seemingly any other job out there. It's not like South Carolina or Louisville are major steps up. In fact, I'd say they are lateral moves at best. So where I see a lack of loyalty is him apparently being willing to leave for just about anything. I don't think we'll ever really know if he got an offer, so I'm not going to pat him on the back and say bravo for something that may not have even happened.
Harvey Specter wrote:I might even be a bit more lenient. I will be satisfied with 8 wins in the regular season, with us being at least competitive in all our losses (No blowouts). We make a good bowl game and I can deal with a loss... just so long as we don't embarrass ourselves.
Yeah, I would say my criteria can be somewhat flexible. If we only lose four games but all of them are national embarrassment blowouts, and the wins are nailbiters even against crap teams because the defense still can't stop anyone, I may want us to move on. If we suffer a ton of injuries again and can only muster seven wins and a shitty bowl, but we're competitive in every game and the defense is making obvious strides, I may want to give him another year to see what he can do with a healthy and more mature squad. But it's good to set out goals and standards by which someone making that kind of money has to live up to. None of this, "we're just happy to have you" bullshit anymore. If we want to be the best, we need to expect at least a step up from total mediocrity.
whatisee

Post by whatisee »

Welcome back Rich Rod. Thnks for reminding everyone this is a business, and how you make a living.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

whatisee wrote:Welcome back Rich Rod. Thnks for reminding everyone this is a business, and how you make a living.
NO HE IS A UNTRUSTWORTHY SCOUNDREL. HE INSULTED ME AND MY WHOLE FAMILY DOING THIS. HOW DARE HE EXPLORE CAREER OPTIONS AFTER A BAD YEAR LIKE 99% OF THE WORLD WOULD DO. I HATE HIM. HE'S A MEANIE AND A DOO DOO HEAD. /begin uncontrollable sobbing.

-most posters on this board yesterday and today

Newportcat

Post by Newportcat »

Chicat

We seem to rarely agree anymore but I 1000% agree with your post and strongly co sign it.

Next year is Rich Rod's Alamo. It is year five. No more excuses,no more stoops, etc

It is time to beat ASU and make a big bowl game and win that big bowl game. It is time to be relevant.

I am usually very negative when it comes to Arizona football but do think next year should be much better then this year especially if we can figure out our defense.
2004 First Team All American Football Poster as voted on by GOAZCATS
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

ASUHATER! wrote:
whatisee wrote:Welcome back Rich Rod. Thnks for reminding everyone this is a business, and how you make a living.
NO HE IS A UNTRUSTWORTHY SCOUNDREL. HE INSULTED ME AND MY WHOLE FAMILY DOING THIS. HOW DARE HE EXPLORE CAREER OPTIONS AFTER A BAD YEAR LIKE 99% OF THE WORLD WOULD DO. I HATE HIM. HE'S A MEANIE AND A DOO DOO HEAD. /begin uncontrollable sobbing.

This is irony, right? I'm always confused on the technical definition, but throwing a tantrum while declaring that everyone else is throwing a tantrum would seem to be an example of the dictionary definition.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Chicat wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:

This is irony, right? I'm always confused on the technical definition, but throwing a tantrum while declaring that everyone else is throwing a tantrum would seem to be an example of the dictionary definition.
Not a tantrum. Merely an example of everyone else's tantrum. I'm just chuckling and baffled by how butthurt all you supposedly smart adults are by something this minor.

Gilbertcat

Post by Gilbertcat »

He probably turned down and extra million a year. Whatever the reason, I wouldn't have done it. But probably here again next year talking about the next school.
RazorsEdgeAZ

Post by RazorsEdgeAZ »

I'll take emotion out of it...

We all know it's a business. All of us would like another employer to court us from existing job. How many of us would turn down a trip someplace to interview for a job we're interested in and potentially get improvements of things in the job or lifestyle we ourselves assess better?

Lateral move. Good Lord, That's personal to everyone. Just because we might think VT or South Carolina isn't better than AZ that is your own personal opinion. RR might not share that. Maybe it wasn't just about money. If he wanted to go to Tulane who cares? That's his right to freakin go where he thinks is best for him.

Haven't anyone of you that manage people talk about the merits of the company you worked for to staff and then some time later thought about or did leave to another "better" job? One that you thought was better for whatever reasons? And I'm sure many of us have asked for a raise or some benefit and didn't get it and left or thought about leaving because some other employer likes you, courted you and offers that to you.

Don't make it personal. If you don't want to like RR, don't. If you do, do. But good lord, it's a career like any other career. It's just more public and makes more money. I want RR to pitch AZ to players and recruits just like any executive or manager would want to pitch their company to staff or hiring prospects. Then they leave for something they think is better for them later on and they're disloyal. Not buying it. I certainly don't want RR to say "Hey player" or "hey recruit" don't know about Tucson aad you better be cautious because I might leave sometime". Players / recruits and their parents can make their own decision. OKG is marketing. It's hype. Just like a company who advertises.

Don't have to like it, but don't make it personal. Wins and Loses...

Okay to remove the "In RR I trust" talk. RR is here to do a job, It's a performance based job. Let's grade him on that. Including his defense. It's RR's issue to fix the defense or not. Keep Casteel or not. Keep the 3-3-5 or not. Buck stops with RR, he's the decision maker.
Last edited by RazorsEdgeAZ on Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:47 am, edited 4 times in total.
whatisee

Post by whatisee »

Gilbertcat wrote:He probably turned down and extra million a year. Whatever the reason, I wouldn't have done it. But probably here again next year talking about the next school.
I heard they offered him a covered practice field...or at least we could start that rumor :D
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

ASUHATER! wrote:
Chicat wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:

Not a tantrum. Merely an example of everyone else's tantrum. I'm just chuckling and baffled by how butthurt all you supposedly smart adults are by something this minor.
I'm chuckling and baffled at how butthurt you are by you thinking "everyone" is butthurt.

We can go round and round like this all offseason. Should be a blast.
MrMeow

Post by MrMeow »

Dear Coach,

You are a total bullshit artist. Win or lose, it's time for you to STFU. Your disingenuous nature is all too obvious.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Chicat wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:
Chicat wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:

I'm chuckling and baffled at how butthurt you are by you thinking "everyone" is butthurt.

We can go round and round like this all offseason. Should be a blast.
Have you read people's meltdowns? Basically calling for RR to be executed in the town square. Everyone, just calm down and realize that RR doesn't hate you. It'll be ok. Can we now forget all of this and move on with him being our coach and talking about the bowl game and next year? No need for further raging against the guy that's solidly committed to being our coach.

ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

MrMeow wrote:Dear Coach,

You are a total bullshit artist. Win or lose, it's time for you to STFU. Your disingenuous nature is all too obvious.
Now this is a major tantrum. Time for you to stop being a fan.

Fishclamps

Post by Fishclamps »

People talk about his loyalty to our school, when half the people are either fairweather fans or somehow believe we're USC and refuse to believe this school is any less when it comes to football.

New flash, we have no pedigree when it comes to football. It was all fuckin rainbows and unicorn farts last year when we won 10 games.
Macho Grande

Post by Macho Grande »

Picturing life at asuhater's house 10 years from now:

"Great news sweetie! A prostitute solicited me for sex, but I didn't do anything. I mean, I seriously considered it for a while, but decided I couldn't go through with it. That just proves how loyal I am to you, right!?...Right hon?......sweetie...."
Last edited by Macho Grande on Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Macho Grande wrote:Picturing life at asuhater's house 10 years from now:

"Great news sweetie! A prostitute solicited me for sex, but I didn't do anything. I mean, I seriously considering it for a while, but decided I couldn't go through with it. That just proves how loyal I am to you, right!?...Right hon?......sweetie...."
I have no idea what these sentences have to do with rich rod.

Macho Grande

Post by Macho Grande »

ASUHATER! wrote:
Macho Grande wrote:Picturing life at asuhater's house 10 years from now:

"Great news sweetie! A prostitute solicited me for sex, but I didn't do anything. I mean, I seriously considering it for a while, but decided I couldn't go through with it. That just proves how loyal I am to you, right!?...Right hon?......sweetie...."
I have no idea what these sentences have to do with rich rod.

Only in your world would RR interviewing for another job somehow prove his loyalty to Arizona. Doesn't surprise me that the analogy went soaring right over your head though.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

I can't believe RR has more loyalty to Casteel then he does the UofA LOL

I agree with Chi and Co sign his letter
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion