Damnit

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Puerco

Damnit

Post by Puerco »

When does football actually start? I'm dyin' here!
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
Chicat

Re: Damnit

Post by Chicat »

We aren't even at the 100 day countdown sooooooo........

RIP Puerco
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

128 days... countdown can begin on May 26!
azpenguin

Post by azpenguin »

Yesterday was actually the halfway point of the offseason. Gonna be a lonnnng summer.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

I hate baseball. What else we got? NBA playoffs won't last much longer... UA baseball and softball are fun. But god, how I hate the six months between September and March!
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Puerco wrote:I hate baseball. What else we got? NBA playoffs won't last much longer... UA baseball and softball are fun. But god, how I hate the six months between September and March!
There is some excellent cricket being played right now.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Feel like I'm in desperate need of a suicide smiley
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Puerco wrote:Feel like I'm in desperate need of a suicide smiley
Does this work for you?

Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:https://youtu.be/sT0g16_LQaQ
Use the embed code.

ANGCatFan

Post by ANGCatFan »

from espn
gronk4heisman

Post by gronk4heisman »

I am not sure how there is a nearly 40% difference between ASU at home and USC at home. USC has a load of talent but a new QB and a new coach, seems odd that they are as highly viewed as they are.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

That 5 game stretch to start pac 12 play is brutal. I'd take a 2-3 record there in a heartbeat
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

And is ASU going to be that bad? And is WSU going to be better than Utah?

Either I need to adjust my assumptions about pecking order, or ESPN needs to pull their collective head out.
azpenguin

Post by azpenguin »

Puerco wrote:And is ASU going to be that bad? And is WSU going to be better than Utah?

Either I need to adjust my assumptions about pecking order, or ESPN needs to pull their collective head out.
If ASU can't run the ball this year they're screwed. They don't have a QB on the roster who has thrown a D1 pass. They bring back two receivers who were contributors last year. They're rebuilding a defense that couldn't stop anyone in the air.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Sleeping giant.
TucsonClip

Post by TucsonClip »

I didnt realize we only have 4 road games this season...
"Plus, why would I go to the NBA? Duke players suck in the pros."

-Shane Battier
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Well technically 4 road games and 1 neutral game...but yeah
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

So I'm watching last year's New Mexico Bowl. sigh
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

azgreg wrote:
Puerco wrote:Feel like I'm in desperate need of a suicide smiley
Does this work for you?

:lol:
Sage&Silver

Post by Sage&Silver »

One off season distraction for a week somewhere is the uniforms. This is the season they replace the rainbow sleeves right?
Fishclamps

Post by Fishclamps »

Sage&Silver wrote:One off season distraction for a week somewhere is the uniforms. This is the season they replace the rainbow sleeves right?
I would be happy if those disappeared.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

A rainbow is more than 2-3 colors

Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Hater, just admit that the vast majority us us on the site think the rainbow sleeves were hideous. Let it go.

We just had the Europa League Championship match in Basel last night. Liverpool against Seville. There must've been an extra 15k Liverpool fans without tickets wandering around the city last night.

The Europa League is the European football equivalent of the NIT. smh
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Puerco, just admit that the vast majority of people don't care about the "rainbow" sleeves and that two inches of material that is almost always not visible to fans in person or on tv has no impact on anything and that it simply is a whiny waste of breath to bitch about it so much. Let it go.

ANGCatFan

Post by ANGCatFan »

Football is coming!

ANGCatFan

Post by ANGCatFan »

Puerco wrote:When does football actually start? I'm dyin' here!
106 days until the first game which means the countdown begins in 1 week on Friday, 27 May.

I'm planning on making one major change to the countdown this year. Instead of listing the players who share a number under one post, I am going to split them into multiple threads. Hopefully, this will make it easier when we want to talk about the player in the future.

If you have other suggestions for the countdown let me know. Also, if you have a player (current or one of the retired jerseys) who you want to write the initial post for just let me know. Nobody has ever taken me up on the offer and you could be the first.

Looks like we may have someone joining us on the 100 day countdown this year. For several years, All Sports Tucson has been counting down the last 50 days with special posts. I'm anxious to see if and how they are going to join the 100 day countdown club.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

98 days from today until the first college game. Cal and Hawaii play in Melbourne on August 27.

Puerco

Post by Puerco »

ASUHATER! wrote:Puerco, just admit that the vast majority of people don't care about the "rainbow" sleeves and that two inches of material that is almost always not visible to fans in person or on tv has no impact on anything and that it simply is a whiny waste of breath to bitch about it so much. Let it go.
The 'vast majority' = you. At least on this site.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Puerco wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:Puerco, just admit that the vast majority of people don't care about the "rainbow" sleeves and that two inches of material that is almost always not visible to fans in person or on tv has no impact on anything and that it simply is a whiny waste of breath to bitch about it so much. Let it go.
The 'vast majority' = you. At least on this site.
There are more arizona fans than the ones on this site. The uniform psychopaths on this site represent an infinitesimally small minority of Arizona fans.

azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Everybody I've ever talked to about the uniforms hates the sleeves. However, HATER has spoken so topic is closed.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

azgreg wrote:Everybody I've ever talked to about the uniforms hates the sleeves. However, HATER has spoken so topic is closed.
Basically yeah. It's pretty much the last thing that will ever matter when it comes to the football program, has no impact on anything and is pointless to whine about. It's time to find something else to complain about already. The tiny non rainbow discussion is at the point of taking a steam roller to an already dynamited horse corpse.

azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Like I said, the mighty HATER has spoken, topic closed. Remember to PM HATER before you start any topics to make sure it's OK with him to talk about it.
TyrantCat

Post by TyrantCat »

Dog days of summer. June is coming to a close, and that means less recruiting news. Now, there's the slog till camp opens. Can mean only one thing: Time to begin debating the rainbow sleeves.
Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

TyrantCat wrote:Dog days of summer. June is coming to a close, and that means less recruiting news. Now, there's the slog till camp opens. Can mean only one thing: Time to begin debating the rainbow sleeves.

The post of the month!
2020 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2018 BEARDOWN WILDCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
2017 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2013 GOAZCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

The Euro championship and CWS have perked up the summer a little so far. Olympics around the corner, Zika and all. Might be a pretty short offseason! :)

Oh, and did I even mention that the rainbow sleeves suck?
ANGCatFan

Post by ANGCatFan »

This could be the shortest summer in the history of Arizona Football and I literally count down the days every summer.

Baseball takes us to the last day of June.

Political conventions fill up the 2nd half of July.

Olympics dominate August plus we will start getting camp reports.

We just have to figure out how to get through the first 2 weeks of July.

Personally, I'll be sniffing glue.

TyrantCat

Post by TyrantCat »

While you're sniffing glue and what-have-you...

Tour de France starts tomorrow. If you don't follow the bike race, then you're missing some sweet sport. I love it. But, it's still not football season.

And...the rainbow sleeves. I mean, seriously, purple? Is Byrne too busy to get the seamstresses at Nike to produce something fresh?
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Well the kids in the Nike sweatshops try to only put in 18 hours a day, if that's what you mean.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

The Tour is dope.

I love them sleeves.
ANGCatFan

Post by ANGCatFan »

ESPN with one of those middle of the summer exercises - Arizona's all-century team (for the last 15 years).
OFFENSE

QB Nick Foles: Arizona doesn't have a great history behind center, but Foles, a transfer from Michigan State, is the program's only passer to eclipse 10,000 career yards.

RB Ka'Deem Carey: A two-time consensus All-American and the Pac-12 Offensive Player of the Year in 2013, he's the Wildcats all-time leading rusher.

RB Mike Bell: A four-year contributor, Bell never rushed for over 1,000 yards but he ranks fourth on the Wildcats all-time list with 3,154 career rushing yards.

OL Eben Britton: First-team All-Pac-10 in 2008.

OL Colin Baxter: Two-time second-team All-Pac-10, he started 49 consecutive games.

OL Marques McFadden: Second-team All-Pac-10 in 2000.

OL Makoa Freitas: Second-team All-Pac-10 in 2002.

OL Adam Grant: Second-team All-Pac-10 in 2009 and 2010.

TE Rob Gronkowski: Anyone hear of this guy? He battled injuries at Arizona but was first-team All-Pac-10 in 2008.

WR Bobby Wade: He's the Wildcats all-time leading receiver with 3,351 yards and he ranks fourth with 23 TDs. Two-time first-team All-Pac-10.

WR Mike Thomas: Two-time first-team All-Pac-10, Thomas ranks second on the Wildcats all-time list behind Wade with 3,231 yards receiving.

K Nick Folk: He was an A-list punter and kicker, earning first-team All-Pac-10 honors in 2006 as a punter, but his long NFL career came as a kicker.

DEFENSE

DL Brooks Reed: First-team All-Pac-10 in 2010, finished with 15 career sacks.

DL Joe Tafoya: Second-team All-Pac-10 in 2000, Tafoya had a seven-year NFL career.

DL Earl Mitchell: Second-team All-Pac-10 in 2009, Mitchell was a starting DT for the Miami Dolphins last year.

DL Ricky Elmore: Led the Pac-10 with 11 sacks in 2010 and earned second-team All-Pac-10 honors.

LB Scooby Wright: The most decorated defender in college football in 2014, the consensus All-American won Pac-12 Defensive Player of the Year as well as the Bronko Nagurski and Chuck Badnarik Awards.

LB Lance Briggs: Briggs was a three-time first-team All-Pac-10 member from 2000-2002 who went on to have an outstanding NFL career.

LB Spencer Larson: First-team All-Pac-10 in 2007 and second-team in 2006. In 2008, he started at linebacker and fullback for the Denver Broncos against the Atlanta Falcons.

CB Antoine Cason: A consensus All-American who won the Jim Thorpe Award in 2007 as the nation's best defensive back. Two-time first-team All-Pac-10.

CB Trevin Wade: Earned second-team All-Pac-12 honors in 2011 and finished his career with 12 interceptions.

S Darrell Brooks: Brooks was first-team All-Pac-10 in 2005 and second-team in 2004 playing both safety and cornerback.

S Michael Johnson: Second-team All-Pac-10 in 2006.

P Drew Riggleman: Averaged 45.3 yards per punt as a three-year starter, earning second-team All-Pac-12 honors the past two seasons.
Shocked they didn't have us running a 3-3-5 defense.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

We have rainbow sleeves?
RichardCranium

Post by RichardCranium »

azgreg wrote:We have rainbow sleeves?
Not really, but they are certainly gawd-awfull ugly. Which means absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things, except that fans have to wince every time they have to look at them and feel embarrassed by them every time there is a photo of them in the national press.

On the other hand, Wildcat fandom can take comfort that they are not as ugly as the 'Snake A' helmets of the Jim Young era (early to mid '70s).
Any sufficiently advanced troll is indistinguishable from a genuine kook.