2018 Recruit/Commitment Thread

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Merkin

2018 Recruit/Commitment Thread

Post by Merkin »

Gotta love a player with a name like that.
Although he probably doesn't know a lot about the UA if he didn't use the #BearDown hashtag.
whatisee

Re: 2018 Recruit/Commitment Thread

Post by whatisee »

Jamarye Joiner had a great weekend after a two year lay off from Football, and now holds a Arizona offer. Hometown QB in the future for Arizona?

http://www.kvoa.com/story/32935378/jack ... er-cienega" target="_blank

Jamarye Joiner is the real deal. 191 yards on the ground on just 8 carries, 131 yards in the air including a beautiful deep ball. The junior quarterback is clearly one of the top prospects in Arizona.
BearDown89

Post by BearDown89 »

whatisee wrote:Jamarye Joiner had a great weekend after a two year lay off from Football, and now holds a Arizona offer. Hometown QB in the future for Arizona?

Jamarye Joiner is the real deal. 191 yards on the ground on just 8 carries, 131 yards in the air including a beautiful deep ball. The junior quarterback is clearly one of the top prospects in Arizona.
Looks like a big dude too!
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

BearDown89 wrote:
whatisee wrote:Jamarye Joiner had a great weekend after a two year lay off from Football, and now holds a Arizona offer. Hometown QB in the future for Arizona?

Looks like a big dude too!
At least 247 lbs.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Bumper Pool:

We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Main Event

Post by Main Event »

UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Plays for my son's old team. Have met his parents, going to have to check out some games now.
-JB
whatisee

Post by whatisee »

I think this is great news! Kid looks like a gamer and has the game to back it up. Saw a video of a TD he had this weekend that i can't seem to find again, but this kid has some moves. He should end up listed as either an 4* athlete or QB.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Here you go whatisee. They split him out at WR on this play.
-JB
whatisee

Post by whatisee »

UAEebs86 wrote:Here you go whatisee. They split him out at WR on this play.
That's the video...thanks! To think he's only a Junior right now an still has another year to develop.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

The Sean Elliott of football? We can only hope
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

I keep opening these recruiting threads hoping to see "6'4" 300 lb DT Joe Roadgrader has committed to Arizona"

Oh well.
whatisee

Post by whatisee »

azgreg wrote:I keep opening these recruiting threads hoping to see "6'4" 300 lb DT Joe Roadgrader has committed to Arizona"

Oh well.
I see the glass is half empty in your world
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

whatisee wrote:
azgreg wrote:I keep opening these recruiting threads hoping to see "6'4" 300 lb DT Joe Roadgrader has committed to Arizona"

Oh well.
I'm a "glass half empty" guy because I would like to see our D-line recruits on par with a P5 school and not a mid level FCS school? OK.
ghostwhitehorse

Post by ghostwhitehorse »

azgreg wrote:
whatisee wrote:

Oh well.
I'm a "glass half empty" guy because I would like to see our D-line recruits on par with a P5 school and not a mid level FCS school? OK.

https://what-if.xkcd.com/6/" target="_blank
Newportcat

Post by Newportcat »

azgreg wrote:
whatisee wrote:

Oh well.
Could not agree more. Our dline recruiting has been so bad under rich Rod that last Saturday we were still playing two stoops recruits for most of the game. Think about that.

This QB recruit though does look legit
2004 First Team All American Football Poster as voted on by GOAZCATS
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

I'm at my first Cienega game since my son was on the team, and they are getting killed by Centennial.

Joiner is a great athlete but not a very good passer.

Running back from Centennial is a beast.
-JB
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

whatisee wrote:

Oh well.
From the guy who believes "Hope really is a strategy".

If someone had posted we'd be 2-8 at this point in the season, what would your response have been?

You can call it "chicken little", "glass half empty", or anything else you'd like. The proper term to use would have been "prescient".

I hope you don't show this much blind faith in leaders of companies you invest in.
whatisee

Post by whatisee »

Harvey Specter wrote:
whatisee wrote:

Oh well.

If someone had posted we'd be 2-8 at this point in the season, what would your response have been?

You can call it "chicken little", "glass half empty", or anything else you'd like. The proper term to use would have been "prescient".

I hope you don't show this much blind faith in leaders of companies you invest in.
It sucks man, but there are reasons why. You bunch sound like a knitting circle. If we had everyone healthy and 2-8 then i would say fire his ass, but that's not the case is it? Our offense is decimated with injuries this year. Last year it was the defense, but the offense was good enbough to win us a few more. The defense can't keep us close because it's a first year defense, or did everyone forget the mass firings from last year? I was willing no matter what happened to give this a couple years to see where it's going. New coaches. New philosophy. Unfortunately injuries have slowed development. The only thing i care about now is keeping ASSU out of a bowl.

Continue crying...it's pretty funny. It's like watching my Facebook feed.
And way to fuck up the recruiting thread.
BibbysTowelDude

Post by BibbysTowelDude »

It's over, Rich Rod has lost it, and fucked himself over pretty well. The guy is a total dbag, he deserves 2-10/3-9/4-8... Whatever the players can or can't salvage.

Injury excuse is bullshit, the talent level is terrible. We'd lose to a really good chunk of FCS teams. With a healthy Nick Wilson and J.J. Taylor.
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

BibbysTowelDude wrote:It's over, Rich Rod has lost it, and fucked himself over pretty well. The guy is a total dbag, he deserves 2-10/3-9/4-8... Whatever the players can or can't salvage.

Injury excuse is bullshit, the talent level is terrible. We'd lose to a really good chunk of FCS teams. With a healthy Nick Wilson and J.J. Taylor.
That been story about our season. Injuries it doesn't matter if we make it excuse or not. It happen again.
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

whatisee wrote:
Harvey Specter wrote:
whatisee wrote:

Oh well.

It sucks man, but there are reasons why. You bunch sound like a knitting circle. If we had everyone healthy and 2-8 then i would say fire his ass, but that's not the case is it? Our offense is decimated with injuries this year. Last year it was the defense, but the offense was good enbough to win us a few more. The defense can't keep us close because it's a first year defense, or did everyone forget the mass firings from last year? I was willing no matter what happened to give this a couple years to see where it's going. New coaches. New philosophy. Unfortunately injuries have slowed development. The only thing i care about now is keeping ASSU out of a bowl.

And be prepared to get even piss off because were not going to beat ASU next week. With no offense, no defense, How do you expect a team like this to even beat those fool.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

whatisee wrote:
Harvey Specter wrote:
whatisee wrote:

Oh well.

The defense gets a pass from me this year. The wheels started to fall off the offense last year, but the coaching staff didn't seem to notice. That's the biggest problem: the coaching staff is acting like the ills of the program all come from the defense, but it's the offense which has regressed since 2014, and there doesn't seem to be a plan in place to fix it.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

Puerco wrote:
whatisee wrote:
Harvey Specter wrote:
whatisee wrote:

Oh well.

The defense gets a pass from me this year. The wheels started to fall off the offense last year, but the coaching staff didn't seem to notice. That's the biggest problem: the coaching staff is acting like the ills of the program all come from the defense, but it's the offense which has regressed since 2014, and there doesn't seem to be a plan in place to fix it.
I think coaching staff does know what going on. They have unhealthy team for the second straight season in a row. Collapse defense in 15, Collapse Offense this year. Their Entire plan has been throw out window. McGee Has no RB to run the ball, Smith cant get consistency out of his QB, Jim cant get his oline on par, Drew WR are liability because we have no threat or no passing attack.

Which one of them is going to get fired at the end of the season.

Defense would get a pass but for how long thou.

Next Week I'm going to sit back with a case of corona's and big bowl of popcorn to watch our team get humiliated by ASU. I cant understand how this season got this worst.
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

Not that I expect us to win this recruiting battle but at least we are competing for a 5 star recruit:

http://ohiostate.247sports.com/Bolt/Two ... --49325162" target="_blank
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

NOT a good sign. RRod just offered a 6-2 236lb offensive lineman. It appears that RRod is still in the business of recruiting lower level 2 star talent. This kid could put on 50 lbs and he would still be undersized compared to the average PAC12 offensive tackle. What the HELL is he thinking??????????

http://www.ocvarsity.com/ocvarsity/mate ... nsung.html" target="_blank
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

dmjcat wrote:NOT a good sign. RRod just offered a 6-2 236lb offensive lineman. It appears that RRod is still in the business of recruiting lower level 2 star talent. This kid could put on 50 lbs and he would still be undersized compared to the average PAC12 offensive tackle. What the HELL is he thinking??????????

Stop bitchin and stop complaining, He only Junior so he still got a lot of time to get bigger in his weight, it not big deal.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

The definition of insanity Cordero. Plz read
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

cordera89 wrote:
dmjcat wrote:NOT a good sign. RRod just offered a 6-2 236lb offensive lineman. It appears that RRod is still in the business of recruiting lower level 2 star talent. This kid could put on 50 lbs and he would still be undersized compared to the average PAC12 offensive tackle. What the HELL is he thinking??????????

Stop bitchin and stop complaining, He only Junior so he still got a lot of time to get bigger in his weight, it not big deal.
And if he doesn't?
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Chicat wrote:
cordera89 wrote:

And if he doesn't?
If he gets to 247 we can make him a nose guard.
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

Chicat wrote:
cordera89 wrote:

And if he doesn't?
Then he change position. It not hard to do.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

cordera89 wrote:
Chicat wrote:
cordera89 wrote:

And if he doesn't?
Has anyone approached you about a coaching position?
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

cordera89 wrote:
Chicat wrote:
cordera89 wrote:

And if he doesn't?
That is a good point... he is probably an offensive lineman because of his speed, so there should be a number of other positions he could move to.
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

Chicat wrote:
cordera89 wrote:
Chicat wrote:
cordera89 wrote:

And if he doesn't?
Real Mature Chi, Clearly the kid isn't built to be Olinemen unless he make the weight or change position.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

cordera89 wrote:
Chicat wrote:
cordera89 wrote:
Chicat wrote:
cordera89 wrote:Stop bitchin and stop complaining, He only Junior so he still got a lot of time to get bigger in his weight, it not big deal.
And if he doesn't?
Real Mature Chi, Clearly the kid isn't built to be Olinemen unless he make the weight or change position.
What position do too small o-linemen usually transition to? Free safety? Punter?
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Chicat wrote:What position do too small o-linemen usually transition to? Free safety? Punter?
Butcher, baker, or candlestick maker.
whatisee

Post by whatisee »

I have yet to meet a 16 year old football player who all of the sudden stopped growing.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

whatisee wrote:I have yet to meet a 16 year old football player who all of the sudden stopped growing.
People stop growing at many different ages, including 16. It all depends on how big his parents and siblings are. If the kid is 6' 2" at 16 but his dad and two older brothers are over 6' 4", then he has a real good chance of gaining a few more inches. If he's already taller than his dad, that might not bode well.
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

whatisee wrote:I have yet to meet a 16 year old football player who all of the sudden stopped growing.
I have yet to see an upper division PAC12 school offer a 6-2 236lb offensive lineman a scholarship........even if he was a freshman
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Not football, but Nic Wise stopped growing at 16. Perhaps younger. Lute offered him as a freshman, then he stopped growing.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Chicat wrote:
People stop growing at many different ages, including 16. It all depends on how big his parents and siblings are. If the kid is 6' 2" at 16 but his dad and two older brothers are over 6' 4", then he has a real good chance of gaining a few more inches. If he's already taller than his dad, that might not bode well.
What if his parents are midgets of the throwing variety?
whatisee

Post by whatisee »

dmjcat wrote:
I have yet to see an upper division PAC12 school offer a 6-2 236lb offensive lineman a scholarship........even if he was a freshman
We should just watch what Alabama does, and then offer all the guys they do. We're bound to beat them out for the top talent since we're Arizona. Let them look for the diamonds in the ruff. I like your style and thinking! Cheers and beers
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

dmjcat wrote:
Ucla started a 6'2 240 NT for a season under Dorrell
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

azgreg wrote:
Chicat wrote:
What if his parents are midgets of the throwing variety?
Put him at WR.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Sticky please like a Post It note.
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

I grew 4" from 16 to 18. (I want so badly to make some kind of joke about this, but everything I come up with is either not funny, creepy, or too exposing).

I needed all of it. I am not 6'2"

But for the record, boys typically do grow some past 16. Girls usually stop shortly after their first regular flows.

I think of Rob Waldrop when I see 6'2, 236. Rob was 6 foot (if), and was low 200s at that age. He won the Outland/Lombardi/National DPOY at 6', 295#.

We had amazing ways of growing players in the Tomey era. It was not heard of for us to ask 3rd year players to add 20 lbs in the offseason to win a position. I always wondered how we did that...
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

QB from Louisiana
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Pretty extensive offer list.

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/14079" target="_blank
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Might as well offer all the 5 star QBs too while they are at it.

Same chance as getting a player with those offers.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Merkin wrote:Might as well offer all the 5 star QBs too while they are at it.

Same chance as getting a player with those offers.

An offer never hurts. RR's biggest knock other than hardly able to develop NFL talent, antiquated offensive system, and very little exposure on the recruiting trail is the rumors that he is done in Arizona. The new AD will have to make a quick move so that Arizona doesn't suffer anymore with poor recruiting.