2018 Recruit/Commitment Thread

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

chiefzona

Re: 2018 Recruit/Commitment Thread

Post by chiefzona »

CatsbyAZ wrote:I wish these unrated Texas recruits counted as only a half scholarship

:lol:
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

:D

I know most NCAA sports give out partial scholarships, such as baseball (11.7 scholies), soccer (9.9), volleyball (4.5) and so on. I have a couple nieces on partial soccer scholarships.

But is that not allowed in football?
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Merkin wrote::D

I know most NCAA sports give out partial scholarships, such as baseball (11.7 scholies), soccer (9.9), volleyball (4.5) and so on. I have a couple nieces on partial soccer scholarships.

But is that not allowed in football?
You just grayshirt him and hope he ends up leaving the program. :lol: The old grayshirt game.
BibbysTowelDude

Post by BibbysTowelDude »

Had a dream a couple of nights ago that Peyton Manning took the job. Something about passing on his knowledge to the youngsters blah blah blah. :lol:
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

UALoco wrote:
MrMeow wrote:
UALoco wrote:Pretty good GPA and SAT scores, seems to have good moves and good speed although some of those wholes were HUGE. I can appreciate any kid willing to give it a run at Arizona. I wish him the best. My main concern is he looks rail thin and I would be afraid of injuries after getting hit by a D1 d lineman or linebacker.
170 lbs. is not "rail thin" for someone 5'8" or 5'9".
Legs look thin to me. What do I know?
When it comes to identifying & recruiting talent?

Judging from the effectiveness this staff has demonstrated in signing legitimate BCS-level players - apparently more than our coaches. This is laughable.

#GroundhogDay.
UALoco

Post by UALoco »

Harvey Specter wrote:
UALoco wrote:
MrMeow wrote:
UALoco wrote:Pretty good GPA and SAT scores, seems to have good moves and good speed although some of those wholes were HUGE. I can appreciate any kid willing to give it a run at Arizona. I wish him the best. My main concern is he looks rail thin and I would be afraid of injuries after getting hit by a D1 d lineman or linebacker.
170 lbs. is not "rail thin" for someone 5'8" or 5'9".
Legs look thin to me. What do I know?
When it comes to identifying & recruiting talent?

Judging from the effectiveness this staff has demonstrated in signing legitimate BCS-level players - apparently more than our coaches. This is laughable.

#GroundhogDay.
One thing I noticed watching the '92 UW at AZ game is that all of the AZ players looked like men, not skinny kids. Maybe they were roid'n up but there is something to be said about having some beef on that field. It might be at the expense of some speed (even though our guys don't seem to be that fast) but at least we'd be able to stop the run and hurt the other team a bit.
ramcat

Post by ramcat »

Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Frost will visit Arizona on July 29

He should come when it's not so hot, and if it is, have the UA coeds in proper attire.

Going to be tough to beat SDSU weather in July.
ramcat

Post by ramcat »

Those three Love Darts should be at every campus visit!!!

I agree thats a really tough time to come, so hopefully he is interested enough to come back in fall when weather gets much better.

Here's another recent article on 2018 recruiting.

https://www.azdesertswarm.com/recruitin ... -rodriguez" target="_blank
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Those UA girls are like 33 now. That's the 2004-2005 zona zoo shirt from when I was a freshman. Gotta get an updated picture.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
qwertyus

Post by qwertyus »

Merkin wrote:

Frost will visit Arizona on July 29

He should come when it's not so hot, and if it is, have the UA coeds in proper attire.

Going to be tough to beat SDSU weather in July.
ASUHATER! wrote:Those UA girls are like 33 now. That's the 2004-2005 zona zoo shirt from when I was a freshman. Gotta get an updated picture.
The one on the right looks hot there and seems like she's got the face to look just as hot now.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Face and body, actually.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
ramcat

Post by ramcat »

Sid

Post by Sid »

We could use the kid! Having read the article my impression is this young man would appreciate a proper pool party to assess the student body.

Get on it Matty D!
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Sid wrote:
We could use the kid! Having read the article my impression is this young man would appreciate a proper pool party to assess the student body.

Get on it Matty D!

Won't be Matty D.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Heard Jamarye Joiner is going to decommit and go to ASU.
Actually wants to switch positions but the staff is only offering him at QB. Only way he ends up here is if RR gets fired.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

UAEebs86 wrote:Heard Jamarye Joiner is going to decommit and go to ASU.
Actually wants to switch positions but the staff is only offering him at QB. Only way he ends up here is if RR gets fired.

He's not a good QB. He'd make a good receiver or DB. No loss.
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

That bullshit that your saying that he going to decommit and go to ASU to play a different position? How the hell does this kid all the sudden he decide to say I don't want QB. Were did you get the info from. And another thing, If RR stay, Joiners stay at UA, If RR is fired, He goes to ASU. You would rather have ASU take him off our hand.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

cordera89 wrote:
That bullshit that your saying that he going to decommit and go to ASU to play a different position? How the hell does this kid all the sudden he decide to say I don't want QB. Were did you get the info from. And another thing, If RR stay, Joiners stay at UA, If RR is fired, He goes to ASU. You would rather have ASU take him off our hand.

My son played for Cienega and we know some of the coaches. I finally got some inside info I thought I would share with the board and you jump down my throat.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

UAEebs86 wrote:
cordera89 wrote:

My son played for Cienega and we know some of the coaches. I finally got some inside info I thought I would share with the board and you jump down my throat.

I believe you completely. JJ saw how good of a receiver he was with Trenton Bourguet throwing to him for Tucson Turf.
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

UAEebs86 wrote:
cordera89 wrote:

I have hard time believing that. Their no way that Joiner out of the blue, decided he wants change position & Not play QB. To make it sound like he doesn't want to go UA, to be QB. Are you saying that you want him to Decommit from UA. That BS.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

cordera89 wrote:
UAEebs86 wrote:
cordera89 wrote:

I have hard time believing that. Their no way that Joiner out of the blue, decided he wants change position & Not play QB. To make it sound like he doesn't want to go UA, to be QB. Are you saying that you want him to Decommit from UA. That BS.

When he's right, it'll be eating crow time for you. Haha!!!!
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

cordera89 wrote:
UAEebs86 wrote:
cordera89 wrote:

'Where did you get your info from,' Cordy? You're blowing shit right now. Eebs just told you where he got his, now it's your turn. Or you could just... Shut. Your. Mouth.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

Puerco wrote:
cordera89 wrote:
UAEebs86 wrote:
cordera89 wrote:

'Where did you get your info from,' Cordy? You're blowing shit right now. Eebs just told you where he got his, now it's your turn. Or you could just... Shut. Your. Mouth.
Yup keep running your fucking mouth like your going to do something. Puerco you need to lay the hell off, I having a hard fucking time trying to think that the info UAE got either true/false because I'm calling that into question? I don't believe that Joiner is having second thought on being a QB commit & want to play a different position. So shut the fuck up.
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

chiefzona wrote:
cordera89 wrote:
UAEebs86 wrote:
cordera89 wrote:

When he's right, it'll be eating crow time for you. Haha!!!!
Are you going to make an excuse when RR keep his job? I will love to hear you on that Chief.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Can we just close this thread until we hire our new coach?
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Time for another time out for Cordy. Geez man, chill out
Last edited by azcat49 on Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

cordera89 wrote:Yup keep running your fucking mouth like your going to do something. Puerco you need to lay the hell off, I having a hard fucking time trying to think that the info UAE got either true/false because I'm calling that into question? I don't believe that Joiner is having second thought on being a QB commit & want to play a different position. So shut the fuck up.
That's enough of that. You can take your angry elf act somewhere else for a while.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Sorry Cordy. That wasn't my intention. But seriously, when a longtime board member posts something of value to the rest of us maybe you, the new guy, should just accept it even if you don't necessarily agree with it. Even better, if you do disagree with it then post your reasons why without being insulting, and best of all with some background source information to justify your opinion. That's kind of the way this place works.

If you do that, then I guarantee you'll find a lot less conflict around here.
threenumberones

Post by threenumberones »

Chicat wrote:
cordera89 wrote:Yup keep running your fucking mouth like your going to do something. Puerco you need to lay the hell off, I having a hard fucking time trying to think that the info UAE got either true/false because I'm calling that into question? I don't believe that Joiner is having second thought on being a QB commit & want to play a different position. So shut the fuck up.
That's enough of that. You can take your angry elf act somewhere else forever.
FIFY.
ramcat

Post by ramcat »

Another DB commit. Solid offer list and recent UCLA commit. Listed as safety and Wr. Good size!

http://247sports.com/player/jhevon-hill-46037529" target="_blank
Last edited by ramcat on Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

2018 Cajon DB/WR Jhevon Hill is a very good pick up. Good speed, size, and awareness. Kid is a playmaker.
Last edited by chiefzona on Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ramcat

Post by ramcat »

ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

chiefzona wrote:2018 Cajon DB/WR Jhevon Hill is a very good pick up. Good speed, size, and awareness. Kid is a playmaker.
and will decommit in probably 2-3 months best case scenario.
TuiTouchdown

Post by TuiTouchdown »

ChooChooCat wrote:
chiefzona wrote:2018 Cajon DB/WR Jhevon Hill is a very good pick up. Good speed, size, and awareness. Kid is a playmaker.
and will decommit in probably 2-3 months best case scenario.
There's that Wildcat optimism we love to see.
ramcat

Post by ramcat »

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
ramcat

Post by ramcat »

Woo Hoo!!!!
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Give it a matter of months.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Go RR and Staff. Turn it around, hey we all win. Doubt he does but all we want is to win.
HaCats

Post by HaCats »

Guy actually resembles a D1 Defensive Lineman. Have to hope against hope we can find a way to actually keep him and that he can bring some friends.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

HaCats wrote:Guy actually resembles a D1 Defensive Lineman. Have to hope against hope we can find a way to actually keep him and that he can bring some friends.
Didn't anyone tell you that D linemen are only 247 lbs?
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

I'll believe it if he ever makes it on the Arizona campus.
ramcat

Post by ramcat »

Article describes a tight relationship with Amey. Think if Amey stays, Walker does.

http://www.scout.com/Article/IMG-Academ ... -105692237" target="_blank
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

ramcat wrote:Article describes a tight relationship with Amey. Think if Amey stays, Walker does.

http://www.scout.com/Article/IMG-Academ ... -105692237" target="_blank

I don't take anything from any articles. I'll believe it if he ever makes it on campus.
ramcat

Post by ramcat »

Goes without saying that, that won't know till on campus. 18yr olds aren't exactly predictable but Walkers actual quotes, describe a bond that would survive normal poaching. JMHO
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Chief bristles at any RR success LOL
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

azcat49 wrote:Chief bristles at any RR success LOL

2018 Cajon DB/WR Jhevon Hill is a very good pick up. Good speed, size, and awareness. Kid is a playmaker.

At any? Hmmmm. Definitely at JW. :lol:
ramcat

Post by ramcat »