6 Demetrius Flannigan-Fowles

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

ANGCatFan

6 Demetrius Flannigan-Fowles

Post by ANGCatFan »

Flannigan-Fowles is a 6'2", 199, Sophomore safety from Tucson. He saw action as a safety, as part of the SWAT package, and/or on special teams in every game last year. Flannigan-Fowles had one start at free safety against Wash St which was also his season high in tackles with 7 plus a forced fumble. On the year he had 28 tackles, 1 interception (against NAU), and the forced fumble. Not bad for a true Freshman who missed his Senior year of high school football.

When the depth chart is released tomorrow, DFF should be the starter at free safety. Not only has he earned a starting spot, but DFF is already being looked to as one of the playmakers on the defense. His length and speed should allow him to cover a lot of ground and his willingness to lay the wood should fit in perfectly with the attacking mindset the new defensive staff. Jamar Allah had 63 tackles and 3 sacks at free safety last year, so DFF has some big cleats to fill.

6 is Scooby's record for forced fumbles in a season set in 2014. Hard to forget this one.

azpenguin

Re: 6 Demetrius Flannigan-Fowles

Post by azpenguin »

Watching him play last year, he was raw, but I liked the attitude he brought to the field. I think he can shine in a more aggressive scheme.
VegasCatFan

Post by VegasCatFan »

I was impressed with how he played last year. I think he'll end up being one of our best defensive players this year.
Gimino

Post by Gimino »

My story on DFF from a couple of weeks ago ...

Flanigan-Fowles looking for sophomore splash

(Technically, he is the Bandit ... the "boundary" safety. The Spur is the strongside safety. The "free safety" is really the "field safety" ... over the top on the wide side of the field.)