2017 Arizona Wildcats Football Team.

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

cordera89

2017 Arizona Wildcats Football Team.

Post by cordera89 »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_Ariz ... tball_team" target="_blank

Take a good look on what we have for the 2017 season team.
Merkin

Re: 2017 Arizona Wildcats Football Team.

Post by Merkin »

Best walk on program in the nation!
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Whoever put that together, nice work.
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

Merkin wrote:Best walk on program in the nation!
It not like they are all going to play. Just fill in the gap in the depth chart.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

cordera89 wrote:
It not like they are all going to play. Just fill in the gap in the depth chart.
I imagine several will get some significant minutes due to injuries and such. Has happened before, Cats even had 2 walk ons starting on defense 2 years ago IIRC.
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

Merkin wrote:
cordera89 wrote:
I imagine several will get some significant minutes due to injuries and such. Has happened before, Cats even had 2 walk ons starting on defense 2 years ago IIRC.
I doubt several Walk On will get some playing time base on the amount of depth at the positions.

Roster Management will be the Key for RR and Staff to put the best possible player in right position to win.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

yep...our boundless and immensely deep team we have....
Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

Damn, that linebacker group is very young. Not good. I'm thinking our D may be even worse, if that's possible.
2020 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2018 BEARDOWN WILDCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
2017 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2013 GOAZCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Reveles to CAL? That's the rumor.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

chiefzona wrote:Reveles to CAL? That's the rumor.

Did he not get this promotion?

chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Merkin wrote:
chiefzona wrote:Reveles to CAL? That's the rumor.

Did he not get this promotion?

Allegedly not.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Nick Folk is available though.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Looks like Dave Heeke is Arizona's new AD. Yikes.
MrMeow

Post by MrMeow »

chiefzona wrote:Looks like Dave Heeke is Arizona's new AD. Yikes.
Yup. Ced has no clue what he's doing. Should have listened to Chief.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

See it's shit like this that gets on people's nerves. No one had heard of Greg Byrne before Dempsey had found him and he turned out OTHIS guy has done a great job at CMU. Why don't you like him?
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

azcat49 wrote:

See it's shit like this that gets on people's nerves. No one had heard of Greg Byrne before Dempsey had found him and he turned out OTHIS guy has done a great job at CMU. Why don't you like him?

Shit like what? Calling a fart a fart? Calling shit out time and time again and being right on cue? Arguing with pundits and the pundits looking like doo doo right about now? Everyone had heard of Byrne at that time. SEC AD with a Dad who was a good AD. Greg was groomed for the job and we all knew it. It was a slam dunk hire. This hire is subpar and embarrassing in my book. I'll let the guy do his job but it is my opinion that this hire could have been much better and that the search party failed. I think we all might go through some dark days in Arizona Athletics....especially in football. So, I'll continue to be me like I always have. I don't waffle or sway my opinion due to popularity like all the pundits and most of the posters. Cheers.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Good thing you're not a fan, huh Chiefy?

I get the feeling you don't know the first thing about this guy but felt like you needed to register your hot take anyway, looked at where he came from and vomited up your opinion on the internet despite not having any actual valuable insight.

In other words, you're doing your thang... :lol:
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Chicat wrote:Good thing you're not a fan, huh Chiefy?

I get the feeling you don't know the first thing about this guy but felt like you needed to register your hot take anyway, looked at where he came from and vomited up your opinion on the internet despite not having any actual valuable insight.

Ya....I never research before I spew my opinion. That's why I'm completely off the mark every single time. Haha. This guy hasn't been on anyone's radar....that's why he held this position for 11 years at a crappy school. Read a bit Shytown. Aren't you an attorney or something? Come on man. Haha.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

chiefzona wrote:

Ya....I never research before I spew my opinion. That's why I'm completely off the mark every single time. Haha. This guy hasn't been on anyone's radar....that's why he held this position for 11 years at a crappy school. Read a bit Shytown. Aren't you an attorney or something? Come on man. Haha.
Thank you for proving my point.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Chicat wrote:
chiefzona wrote:

You're welcome. Enjoy the game.
Gladiator Cat

Post by Gladiator Cat »

Heeke has some big shoes to fill to be sure.

I haven't got a clue as to whether this new guy is worth a damn, but I can tell you that results from his actions will be seen from day one and be in the public eye.

He's needs to be an aggressive fund raiser and continue the plans to upgrade and improve Arizona Stadium.

And he needs to plan for the transition that will take place in the football program.

Lets give the guy a couple of years on the job before we crucify him.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Gladiator Cat wrote: He's needs to be an aggressive fund raiser
That's the key right there.

He is an Adidas guy btw.

http://www.cmuchippewas.com/genrel/heeke_dave02.html" target="_blank

In 2009, Heeke announced an agreement between the athletics department and Adidas on an exclusive apparel and shoe contract. All of CMU's varsity athletics programs are now outfitted by Adidas, bringing consistency to color, design and logo usage on all uniforms and apparel. The contract marks the first time all of CMU's varsity athletics programs have been included in a single, all-encompassing apparel agreement, and it includes special apparel pricing for club sport programs, intramurals and other campus groups.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

chiefzona wrote:
Chicat wrote:
chiefzona wrote:

Thanks man. Just let me know if you want me to talk to Scheer about letting you back on Scout. They could really benefit from your ability to do quick google searches and make a definitive assessment based on six seconds of research.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Chicat wrote:
chiefzona wrote:
Chicat wrote:
chiefzona wrote:

Thanks man. Just let me know if you want me to talk to Scheer about letting you back on Scout. They could really benefit from your ability to do quick google searches and make a definitive assessment based on six seconds of research.

Shytown....you were doing so well. You failed to research the truth. Haha. I left Scout on my own. No need to talk to Scheer about anything my friend. I research my stuff and call it like I see it. Scheer could use an insider though.....they all went scattering once Casteel got fired. :lol:
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Sure you did big guy. Sure you did...
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Chicat wrote:Sure you did big guy. Sure you did...

Ask him. He'll tell ya.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Hey Shy.....it took me 6 seconds to research that Casteel was garbage and though every single person argued with me over and over.....in the end.....crickets. ;)
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

You are do full of shit you even stink through the internet. Heeke turned down several opportunities to leave CMU. He has west coast ties plus he was vetted by Dempsey who is do head and shoulders above you that you couldn't even see the undersides of his shoes.

And Casteel wasn't bad, his scheme was. People before you said it so don't pound your chest.

Oh and get of Chi's case. Stop being an Uber dick if that is possible for you. Stick to evaluating talent.

Like I have said, you are a program cancer. If it was possible you should be kept away from the coaches, the kids and even from the Internet as you do nothing but spew negativity
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

azcat49 wrote:You are do full of shit you even stink through the internet. Heeke turned down several opportunities to leave CMU. He has west coast ties plus he was vetted by Dempsey who is do head and shoulders above you that you couldn't even see the undersides of his shoes.

And Casteel wasn't bad, his scheme was. People before you said it so don't pound your chest.

Oh and get of Chi's case. Stop being an Uber dick if that is possible for you. Stick to evaluating talent.

Like I have said, you are a program cancer. If it was possible you should be kept away from the coaches, the kids and even from the Internet as you do nothing but spew negativity

Nice try kid. :D Heeke was on nobody's radar. He was unmolested for 11 years and his HC hires for football were hilarious. There were so many better candidates. West coast ties? Because of Oregon? :lol: Casteel and his scheme are garbage. He couldn't get off of his ass and recruit. His evals were bad and he had zero clue when it came to in game changes. People before me said it? Really? I said it the day he was hired. I also called RR for who he really is. I'm not on Shy's case. He's a good dude and I love the banter with him. Stick to evaluating what talent exactly? I'm not in the program or a part of the program therefore I'm not the cancer or the problem. I don't understand your thought process there.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Merkin wrote:
Gladiator Cat wrote: He's needs to be an aggressive fund raiser
That's the key right there.

He is an Adidas guy btw.

http://www.cmuchippewas.com/genrel/heeke_dave02.html" target="_blank

In 2009, Heeke announced an agreement between the athletics department and Adidas on an exclusive apparel and shoe contract. All of CMU's varsity athletics programs are now outfitted by Adidas, bringing consistency to color, design and logo usage on all uniforms and apparel. The contract marks the first time all of CMU's varsity athletics programs have been included in a single, all-encompassing apparel agreement, and it includes special apparel pricing for club sport programs, intramurals and other campus groups.
I doubt he's an "Adidas guy." He's just the highest bidder guy.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

chiefzona wrote:
azcat49 wrote:

Shit like what? Calling a fart a fart? Calling shit out time and time again and being right on cue? Arguing with pundits and the pundits looking like doo doo right about now? Everyone had heard of Byrne at that time. SEC AD with a Dad who was a good AD. Greg was groomed for the job and we all knew it. It was a slam dunk hire. This hire is subpar and embarrassing in my book. I'll let the guy do his job but it is my opinion that this hire could have been much better and that the search party failed. I think we all might go through some dark days in Arizona Athletics....especially in football. So, I'll continue to be me like I always have. I don't waffle or sway my opinion due to popularity like all the pundits and most of the posters. Cheers.
Pffft. We're in for dark days in football particularly? So let me get this straight you're praising the hire of Byrne as a slam dunk hire, but you've been absolutely SHITTING on his football hire from day one? GTFO. You know nothing about Dave Heeke or what he's capable of just like the rest of us. Just shut up already.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Under the radar huh?

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/colle ... /98406542/" target="_blank
An East Lansing native and Albion College graduate, Heeke has been in discussions for other major-college AD jobs over the recent years, but he has remained at CMU.

Heeke previously spent 18 years at Oregon, where he rose to become the senior associate athletic director/chief of staff.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Heeke is from Michigan. Now why might he have been reluctant to leave a job in Michigan?

Maybe take ten seconds to do your opposition research next time, huh Chief?
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

ChooChooCat wrote:
chiefzona wrote:
azcat49 wrote:

Pffft. We're in for dark days in football particularly? So let me get this straight you're praising the hire of Byrne as a slam dunk hire, but you've been absolutely SHITTING on his football hire from day one? GTFO. You know nothing about Dave Heeke or what he's capable of just like the rest of us. Just shut up already.

Yes, in football. Greg hired RR and got some miles out of him out of the gate. Greg was a slam dunk hire for raising the money to expand and renovate the stadium and the football facilities.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

azgreg wrote:Under the radar huh?

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/colle ... /98406542/" target="_blank
An East Lansing native and Albion College graduate, Heeke has been in discussions for other major-college AD jobs over the recent years, but he has remained at CMU.

Heeke previously spent 18 years at Oregon, where he rose to become the senior associate athletic director/chief of staff.

He was "rumored" but nothing could ever back those rumors for the exception of the Illinois job where he was one of the six candidates.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Chicat wrote:Heeke is from Michigan. Now why might he have been reluctant to leave a job in Michigan?

Well, 11 years later he took an Arizona job. Is Arizona a dream job? Come on now.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

chiefzona wrote:
Chicat wrote:Heeke is from Michigan. Now why might he have been reluctant to leave a job in Michigan?

Well, 11 years later he took an Arizona job. Is Arizona a dream job? Come on now.
Arizona is now a gateway job to be the AD at Alabama with it's amazing football program and similar level programs. Come on now, you're a dipshit.

Btw unless the oakland press is fake news, I'd say this qualifies as more than rumors of being a candidate for another major job.

http://www.theoaklandpress.com/article/ ... /141109954" target="_blank
Last edited by ChooChooCat on Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:47 am, edited 3 times in total.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

chiefzona wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:
chiefzona wrote:
azcat49 wrote:

Yes, in football. Greg hired RR and got some miles out of him out of the gate. Greg was a slam dunk hire for raising the money to expand and renovate the stadium and the football facilities.
So you're implying Heeke is not a good fundraiser? Is that it?

"An increased focus on fund-raising has led to five consecutive record-breaking years - the most successful yearsof giving in the department's history. The 2007-08 school year marked the first time in school history that $1 million was generated for annual funds thanks to an all-time high in number of donors. In the past six years, the department's fund-raising numbers have doubled, increasing to $1.2 million in 2010-1. Heeke has reorganized athletic fund- raising through a new umbrella organization called the Chippewa Athletic Fund (CAF). In addition to the traditional Chippewa Club, the CAF includes the Championship Fund program that provides opportunities for donors to give directly toward a sport program's specific needs. The CAF also focuses on generating capital gifts to help improve and maintain facilities for the demands of tomorrow."

I mean time will tell if he can get new donors and existing donors to buy in at Arizona, but seems like he did well at a directional Michigan program in this area.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

chiefzona wrote:

You're flailing . . . and I'm enjoying it immensely.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Shit like what? Calling a fart a fart? Calling shit out time and time again and being right on cue? Arguing with pundits and the pundits looking like doo doo right about now? Everyone had heard of Byrne at that time. SEC AD with a Dad who was a good AD. Greg was groomed for the job and we all knew it. It was a slam dunk hire. This hire is subpar and embarrassing in my book. I'll let the guy do his job but it is my opinion that this hire could have been much better and that the search party failed. I think we all might go through some dark days in Arizona Athletics....especially in football. So, I'll continue to be me like I always have. I don't waffle or sway my opinion due to popularity like all the pundits and most of the posters. Cheers.[/quote]

Pffft. We're in for dark days in football particularly? So let me get this straight you're praising the hire of Byrne as a slam dunk hire, but you've been absolutely SHITTING on his football hire from day one? GTFO. You know nothing about Dave Heeke or what he's capable of just like the rest of us. Just shut up already.[/quote]

Yes, in football. Greg hired RR and got some miles out of him out of the gate. Greg was a slam dunk hire for raising the money to expand and renovate the stadium and the football facilities.[/quote]

So you're implying Heeke is not a good fundraiser? Is that it?

"An increased focus on fund-raising has led to five consecutive record-breaking years - the most successful yearsof giving in the department's history. The 2007-08 school year marked the first time in school history that $1 million was generated for annual funds thanks to an all-time high in number of donors. In the past six years, the department's fund-raising numbers have doubled, increasing to $1.2 million in 2010-1. Heeke has reorganized athletic fund- raising through a new umbrella organization called the Chippewa Athletic Fund (CAF). In addition to the traditional Chippewa Club, the CAF includes the Championship Fund program that provides opportunities for donors to give directly toward a sport program's specific needs. The CAF also focuses on generating capital gifts to help improve and maintain facilities for the demands of tomorrow."

I mean time will tell if he can get new donors and existing donors to buy in at Arizona, but seems like he did well at a directional Michigan program in this area.[/quote][/quote]

I didn't imply that but I'll play along. It will be a challenge for him at Arizona and we shall see how he does.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

chiefzona wrote:
I didn't imply that but I'll play along. It will be a challenge for him at Arizona and we shall see how he does.
Chief, the Arizona job would be a challenge for anyone based on the situation that is being inherited.

http://tucson.com/hansen-s-sunday-noteb ... 019eb.html" target="_blank

Either way you've yet to convey one valid reason why Heeke was a bad hire as you initially claimed. You're just bullshitting and nothing else.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

ChooChooCat wrote:
chiefzona wrote:

Arizona is now a gateway job to be the AD at Alabama with it's amazing football program and similar level programs. Come on now, you're a dipshit.

Btw unless the oakland press is fake news, I'd say this qualifies as more than rumors of being a candidate for another major job.

http://www.theoaklandpress.com/article/ ... /141109954" target="_blank

That's funny. Good stuff buddy.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

ChooChooCat wrote:
chiefzona wrote:
Chief, the Arizona job would be a challenge for anyone based on the situation that is being inherited.

http://tucson.com/hansen-s-sunday-noteb ... 019eb.html" target="_blank

Either way you've yet to convey one valid reason why Heeke was a bad hire as you initially claimed. You're just bullshitting and nothing else.

My opinion is that it is a very underwhelming hire. We can speculate if it's a bad hire in a couple of years. Thanks for posting my Uncle's story. :lol:
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Also guys....I'm speaking from more of a football standpoint. His football HC hires while he was AD at CMU are underwhelming. Butch Jones was his first hire which was decent. Butch had been an assistant at the school from 98-04. He went 27-13 and lost two bowl games then went on to Cincy. Dan Enos was his next hire and he went 26-36 then resigned. John Bonamego was next and he is currently 13-13. So, his hires are not too good. When he eventually fires RR, he'll make his biggest hire in his career. It will be interesting to say the least.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Chicat wrote:
chiefzona wrote:

:lol:
Last edited by CalStateTempe on Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

chiefzona wrote:Also guys....I'm speaking from more of a football standpoint. His football HC hires while he was AD at CMU are underwhelming. Butch Jones was his first hire which was decent. Butch had been an assistant at the school from 98-04. He went 27-13 and lost two bowl games then went on to Cincy. Dan Enos was his next hire and he went 26-36 then resigned. John Bonamego was next and he is currently 13-13. So, his hires are not too good. When he eventually fires RR, he'll make his biggest hire in his career. It will be interesting to say the least.
See Chief you should have led with this. This should've been literally your one and only statement on this entire hire. This is a valid concern and I get it. Don't bring up Greg Byrne's fundraising capabilities for football facilities as a reason why he was a homerun hire and Heeke is not a homerun hire when your sole concern is the hiring of the head football coach, especially when you've been critical of Byrne's football hire here from day one. Is it so hard for you to be consistent on your take?

Heeke is a bleh hire for football because he hasn't hired a good football coach outside of promoting Butch Jones. Cool. Thanks. Now lead off with actual valid points like this in the future and maybe we'll take you seriously for once.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Chooch- Don't ever take me seriously. I don't get paid for my takes. I'm just a poster like you. :D
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

chiefzona wrote:Chooch- Don't ever take me seriously. I don't get paid for my takes. I'm just a poster like you. :D
Can I be this poster?

CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

ChooChooCat wrote:
chiefzona wrote:Chooch- Don't ever take me seriously. I don't get paid for my takes. I'm just a poster like you. :D
Can I be this poster?

That's a damn good metaphor for the 2017 Arizona wildcats football team.
azcat49

Re: 2017 Arizona W

Post by azcat49 »

Chief runs down those that evaluate recruits. He lobbies for jobs connected to that. He lobbies for jobs dealing with recruiting. He says everything is bad within the program and runs down anything associated with it. Now he runs down the AD hire.

PROGRAM CANCER AND GIGANTIC POS